Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Landry: Gentlemen, take your seats.

They sit down at the conference table, with Landry sitting at the head.

Cameron: Where's the new guy??

Walter: (standing behind Landry) Just arriving, sir.

Daniel: I still don't understand why we need a fourth member. We managed just fine for over a year under the command of Lt. Colonel Carter and Cameron's been doing a fine job handling command until Sam comes back.

Landry: I understand your concerns Doctor Jackon, but with the way things have been going with the Ori and the threat of this new plague, the Pentagon feels that it's of the utmost importance that we have one of our top people on SG-1.

Cameron: No disrespect sir, but what sort of credentials does *he* have?

Sam: (offscreen) She's a Colonel in the United States Air Force with eight years of gate travel experience.

Startled, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c look up as a Sam enters walking over to stand by the vacant chair across from Cameron.

Cameron: *smiling* I'm glad you changed your mind.

Daniel and Teal'c, a bit surprised, grin like cheshire cats.

Sam: Well as much as you three put forth great arguments to come back, I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I was briefed two days ago on our current situation with the Ori and was then handed my transfer papers to report to Cheyenne Mountain at 0900 this morning to take back command of SG-1.

Daniel: *grinning* Well I'm still really glad to have you back, Sam.

Teal'c: *bowing his head to Sam* As am I.

Sam: Although I really wish it were under better circumstances, I'm really glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed this place until I stepped back into the elevator.

Landry: Well...since Colonel Carter has already been brought up to speed on our current situation, Ill give you all exactly 24hrs to get yourselves ready for your next mission. Briefing tomorrow at 0800. Dismissed.

:: Standing up to leave, Landry stops and turns towards Sam ::

Landry: Colonel, I'd like to have a word with you in my office once you gotten yourself settled.

Sam: Yes, sir.

Landry: Oh...and Colonel? :: Sam looks up at Landry:: Welcome back.

Sam: (big smile) Thank you, sir.

That's perfect !
    Please, tell me TPTB hired you as a writer for the show.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yes, i feel sorry for poor claudia.

her character could have some real potential...but right now all i'm seeing is an emphasis on the costume, or lack thereof

looks like another potential strong female character going the way of pin up girl
      I agree with you.
      I can survive the "Anise flashback" if she's supposed to play the part of a Goa'uld. We all know they have a fantastic fashion sense.
      But what's really wrong and disturbing is the picture with the SGC uniform.
      What did they think when they were shooting the scene ?
      Yes, like you, I really feel sorry for Claudia.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        I agree with you.
        I can survive the "Anise flashback" if she's supposed to play the part of a Goa'uld. We all know they have a fantastic fashion sense.
        But what's really wrong and disturbing is the picture with the SGC uniform.
        What did they think when they were shooting the scene ?
        Yes, like you, I really feel sorry for Claudia.
        Agreed. I feel bad for both CB and Rachel Luttrell, because we may never know what went through their heads as they got ready for shooting at the beginning of every day. It's a bummer because it really detracts from two characters who obviously have depth and are pretty well-rounded.

Between the SGC uniform Vala was wearing and the barely-there outfit Teyla was wearing in the S2 promo pics, I'm not quite sure what to think! Haha, because I know that CB and RL are intelligent people whose desires for their characters go far beyond that of how much cleavage they can get away with showing.

One thing though... I wonder how drastically the show would have been different if they had decided to go that route with Sam from, say, S3 or S4 up until now. It was never as necessary as it is now, I guess, but it wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility back then either.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Agreed. I feel bad for both CB and Rachel Luttrell, because we may never know what went through their heads as they got ready for shooting at the beginning of every day. It's a bummer because it really detracts from two characters who obviously have depth and are pretty well-rounded.

Between the SGC uniform Vala was wearing and the barely-there outfit Teyla was wearing in the S2 promo pics, I'm not quite sure what to think! Haha, because I know that CB and RL are intelligent people whose desires for their characters go far beyond that of how much cleavage they can get away with showing.

yes, i do feel for both of them. and despite what folks may think, i have nothing against either of the actresses. they're just doing their jobs, plain and simple.

just like amanda had to wear that blue dress.

my issues are with either tptb or whomever is giving this 'sex it up' directive.

shame on them. we are smarter than that. why do theykeep thinking that scifi fans are stupid hormonally ridden young men???
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yes, i do feel for both of them. and despite what folks may think, i have nothing against either of the actresses. they're just doing their jobs, plain and simple.

my issues are with either tptb or whomever is giving this 'sex it up' directive.

shame on them. we are smarter than that. why do theykeep thinking that scifi fans are stupid hormonally ridden young men???
            I know! Men do outnumber the women, but it seems like women are a bit more vocal... And that should count for something. And really, the women in the fandom all have various opinions. It's not like we all lean towards romance or "feminism."

There's a nice diversity of opinions out there for male and female fans alike - but most of us pretty much agree that the "sex it up" approach does nothing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              The Royal Researcher regrets to report that she found a couple of disturbing images on GW this morning. These are both from the episode The Powers That Be. Thank goodness, this is the last ep before Sam returns!

1. Vala, in our uniform.....but she's not wearing it to regulation. It looks different than when Sam wears it!

2. Oh, good grief! This is reminiscent of Anise!

If you wish, you can view all the photos and read what they've released about it at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x5.shtml

What is Sam going to say when she meets Vala?
              Sam: Which Party City store did you get your costume from?
              Last edited by Rogue; 24 June 2005, 10:06 AM.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

So true. I wonder if the writers specify things like "Vala, wearing an SG uniform 2 sizes 2 small in the chest."

Maybe she's retained a Gou'ald taste in clothes?

As far as the great patch debate: SG1 is legendary. Maybe they "retire" SG1's number like they do for great football players when they leave. Then when the whole gang is back, they bring the number out again.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  So true. I wonder if the writers specify things like "Vala, wearing an SG uniform 2 sizes 2 small in the chest."

As far as the great patch debate: SG1 is legendary. Maybe they "retire" SG1's number like they do for great football players when they leave. Then when the whole gang is back, they bring the number out again.
                  Speaking of the "great patch debate" - haha! - I was looking at the pics and I wasn't quite sure what pics you guys were talking about. What ep is it? "The Ties That Bind" or "The Powers That Be?" Or is it both?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    caption this

sally
                    How about this one? "Dang! Ever since the Broca Divide planet, those blasted eyebrows keep coming back!"

Comment

I'm telling you, if the people over at Scifi start making Amanda/Sam wear shirts that are much too small to emphasize her current endowed look I'm going to become one of those fans I never thought I'd be and bombard the studios with 'What the hell are you thinking?' postcards.

Don't get me wrong, Amanda is absolutely stunning and I don't mind looking at pictures of her in sexy attire off-camera, but Sam is so much b-e-t-t-e-r than that and if they try to sex her up or make her look frumpy in order to sex up the other women around her, I'm going to be frothing at the mouth!!

I used to watch Andromeda from time to time and I remember one episode where I felt so sorry for Lexa where she was wearing this skin tight leather outfit and I think she had just had her baby because she looked as if her breasts were about to spill out of her outfit at any time. Granted she looked amazing, but whereas Andomeda may have needed their women to dress like that to pull in the ratings, Stargate has had eight years of high ratings without having to succumb to such low standards and Im really hoping they don't start doing so now.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 June 2005, 10:41 AM.

Comment

It looks like young Jack's jacket and shirt.

I don't know about anyone else but sexing up a show doesn't make me want to watch it, in fact it makes me want to change the channel.

And I am going to be pissed as well if they make Sam look frumpy to make the other look good. I am still pissed about how they dressed her when she went to see Jack. Can't have Sam look better than Jacks young gal, put her in a awful sweater/skirt outfit. That was something nerdy Sam would wear.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I'm telling you, if the people over at Scifi start making Amanda/Sam wear shirts that are much too small to emphasize her current endowed look I'm going to become one of those fans I never thought I'd be and bombard the studios with 'What the hell are you thinking?' postcards.

Don't get me wrong, Amanda is absolutely stunning and I don't mind looking at pictures of her in sexy attire off-camera, but Sam is so much b-e-t-t-e-r than that and if they try to sex her up or make her look frumpy in order to sex up the other women around her, I'm going to be frothing at the mouth!!

I completly agree!! The writers have displayed a strong, compassionate, intellegent woman that many women can look up to in the character of Col. Samantha Carter and Dr. Frasier before she left, for 8 years. They didn't try to sale their sex appeal, they were above cheap tricks to bring in an audience. If they start trying to sale the "new show" on sex appeal and skimpy outfits then the writers will have lost the rest of my respect and will have destroyed a great show. It's a military, SCiFi drama, adventure ...NOT MTV!

I will be right there with you, ForeverSG1, sending in postcards to let them know how unhappy I really am!

Comment

I used to watch Andromeda from time to time and I remember one episode where I felt so sorry for Lexa where she was wearing this skin tight leather outfit and I think she had just had her baby because she looked as if her breasts were about to spill out of her outfit at any time. Granted she looked amazing, but whereas Andomeda may have needed their women to dress like that to pull in the ratings, Stargate has had eight years of high ratings without having to succumb to such low standards and Im really hoping they don't start doing so now.
                            Haha! I'm not kidding when I say that this same discussion is going on in four other threads, although I'm sure you're already aware of that Forever... ah man...

Yeah... If they have the audacity to either sex her up or dress her down, I'll actually start to wonder if maybe, just MAYBE, the fact that TPTB have no females on staff is an issue. I never thought I'd consider it, but sheesh...

And the eight years of ratings shouldn't be completely disregarded now that they've got to make their marks alongside BSG! <-- Beating a dead horse, I know!

AND... I think that Vala and Sam probably shouldn't be compared anymore. Unfortunately it's happening all over the place...

Comment

How about this one? "Dang! Ever since the Broca Divide planet, those blasted eyebrows keep coming back!"
                              I knew if I came onto this thread, I'd get a laugh. Thank you jckfan, I got a great one with your quote!

I just popped back to say Hi and to tell you all I miss you all very much. My surgery had to be postponed, as I developed a complication they are treating medically. Right now it looks like the operation will be July 11.....and I'm NOT happy. I'll be in hospital when the new season starts and they don't have cable. If that happens, they are going to have a very grumpy and very unhappy patient on their hands. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get my new DVD player connected and try to learn how to program it. I REFUSE to miss the season opener, even if Sam still is away.

One brief comment. I agree about the clothing issue. I think the wardrobe being used for Vala is a disgrace. And yes, it DOES look like her uniform is one size too small. Very unprofessional and IMO, demeaning to the character (and the actress). What are TPTB thinking????? And I very much doubt Sam is going to be having a sudden change in wardrobe. As they have already made so many changes for season 9, I couldn't bear it, if Sam were to suddenly look like a "glamour" queen. What has so endeared the character of Carter to me all these years, is that she never looked like she wearing make-up or trying to "capitalize" on her looks. She was there to do a job, period.

Well, my post is not up to the usual standards of this thread, sorry. It's hard to sit in front of the pc right now. I'll try and pop in more frequently until, well, you know. Take care, everyone and keep the light of Sam alive and well.

Oh, I did find a box of blue jello, finally and sent it off last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                It looks like young Jack's jacket and shirt.

I don't know about anyone else but sexing up a show doesn't make me want to watch it, in fact it makes me want to change the channel.

And I am going to be pissed as well if they make Sam look frumpy to make the other look good. I am still pissed about how they dressed her when she went to see Jack. Can't have Sam look better than Jacks young gal, put her in a awful sweater/skirt outfit. That was something nerdy Sam would wear.
                                Is it just me or did Sam dress a lot sexier with her leather pants, jackets, ect before she started dating Pete? I wonder if all the things we saw Sam in later episodes were actually gifts Pete had given her. hehe

And as far as the frumpy outfit Sam wore at Jacks... I think it would have been much funnier to have Sam drive up on her motocycle with her leather pants and jacket and helmet in hand... Then not only would Jack be spilling his beer, he would be drooling and watching her walk away as well.
                                Sam always managed to look sexy and still be fully clothed. Let's hope they keep things that way in season nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X