X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    caption this

sally
    The real reason why Sam broke off her engagement to Jonas Hanson. By the time she got the equipment set up, she wasn't really in the mood...

Comment

caption this

sally
      "So help me if this is a gray hair..."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Landry: Gentlemen, take your seats.

They sit down at the conference table, with Landry sitting at the head.

Cameron: Where's the new guy??

Walter: (standing behind Landry) Just arriving, sir.

Daniel: I still don't understand why we need a fourth member. We managed just fine for over a year under the command of Lt. Colonel Carter and Cameron's been doing a fine job handling command until Sam comes back.

Landry: I understand your concerns Doctor Jackon, but with the way things have been going with the Ori and the threat of this new plague, the Pentagon feels that it's of the utmost importance that we have one of our top people on SG-1.

Cameron: No disrespect sir, but what sort of credentials does *he* have?

Sam: (offscreen) She's a Colonel in the United States Air Force with eight years of gate travel experience.

Startled, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c look up as a Sam enters walking over to stand by the vacant chair across from Cameron.

Cameron: *smiling* I'm glad you changed your mind.

Daniel and Teal'c, a bit surprised, grin like cheshire cats.

Sam: Well as much as you three put forth great arguments to come back, I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I was briefed two days ago on our current situation with the Ori and was then handed my transfer papers to report to Cheyenne Mountain at 0900 this morning to take back command of SG-1.

Daniel: *grinning* Well I'm still really glad to have you back, Sam.

Teal'c: *bowing his head to Sam* As am I.

Sam: Although I really wish it were under better circumstances, I'm really glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed this place until I stepped back into the elevator.

Landry: Well...since Colonel Carter has already been brought up to speed on our current situation, Ill give you all exactly 24hrs to get yourselves ready for your next mission. Briefing tomorrow at 0800. Dismissed.

:: Standing up to leave, Landry stops and turns towards Sam ::

Landry: Colonel, I'd like to have a word with you in my office once you gotten yourself settled.

Sam: Yes, sir.

Landry: Oh...and Colonel? :: Sam looks up at Landry:: Welcome back.

Sam: (big smile) Thank you, sir.

Perfect, Kat!
        Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1

HOORAY FOR SAMANDA! 500+ PAGES AND STILL GOING AND GOING...

Big BLUE JELLO KUDOS to all the hard work, creativity and productivity displayed on this thread by those who made it a fun place for the rest of us.

I look forward to be able to post more often. Until then, it's SO fun to scroll through here - Samandans really know how to have a good time!

The Best Thread on any side of the Stargate- youbetcha!
        The Best Thread on any side of the Stargate!

Comment

caption this

sally
          AT to MS and CJ: The fine print of our contracts says *what*?
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 23 June 2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Attention UK SAMANDA Peeps!

SFX #133 which goes on sale Wednesday July 6th will have an article with Amanda Tapping in it according to their press release - Since we don't get copies mailed to the US until usually a month later - it is your job to find the mag. and post information from article - PLEASE
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              I only say that because eps are shot in such weird orders. Something as seemingly simple as Teal'c's hair length was inconsistent for the first 5+ eps of S8. I just think that if it's possible for them to not be in control of that, other things are possible.
              I have to agree with Bink and Golfbooy... I don't think that Teal'c and Daniel wearing SGC patches instead of SG-1 is an accident. In my opinion, Cameron may be the commanding officer of SG-1 at the beginning of season nine, but he is sole member of SG-1. From the looks of the pictures and from what we have already seen, I don't believe that SG-1 is formally back together until Beach Head. It's amazing how one little picture can give you a tiny glimmer of hope. At least in my opinion, this is proof that although Jack may have agreed to put Cameron on SG-1, I don't think the other members of the team just fell into step and accepted him as the new leader of SG1.

So in affect, when we reunite with Sam, we'll reunite with SG-1 as well. And why not?? SG-1 IS her team, is it not?? If this is how the season begins, I might actually have a much deeper respect for the writers and a much deeper interest in the new season come August.

Edit: Personally I'm rather intrigued by the episode Beachhead and can't wait till we start getting more spoilers about it. Not only is this the episode that Sam returns, but it's written by Brad Wright and from what Cooper said, it's considered to be a 'Space Opera'. Which in my mind means lots of drama, and music. Or as Jack would put it 'A big honking space battle!!" I see the episode being less dialogue and more action like we saw at the end of Reckoning II with the team all fighting on different fronts, the camera flipping back and forth between the battle scenes with this great music score playing in the background...and Sam rushing in to save the day of course!!! Hmmmm...leans back in her chair and begins to daydream.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 June 2005, 05:12 AM.

Comment

The Royal Researcher regrets to report that she found a couple of disturbing images on GW this morning. These are both from the episode The Powers That Be. Thank goodness, this is the last ep before Sam returns!

1. Vala, in our uniform.....but she's not wearing it to regulation. It looks different than when Sam wears it!

2. Oh, good grief! This is reminiscent of Anise!

If you wish, you can view all the photos and read what they've released about it at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x5.shtml

What is Sam going to say when she meets Vala?
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 24 June 2005, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Uber.....do you have any idea how many people/boxes were represented in the Blue Jello campaign? If you get even a guesstimate, I know I'd love to know.

Originally posted by Lys
                  http://www.ladylittlefox.com/galleries.htm

Is that what you're looking for?
                  How cute those are! I got a nice giggle out of them! Thanks!

On the patch debate.....this is a mystery, isn't it? But have you also noticed all the photos of the original cast over the years with no patches of any kind? That has always kinda puzzled me. But this is even more curious.

Originally posted by golfbooy
                  I usually only look at spoiler pics once or twice so as not to develop my own whacked-out plans for how episodes should evolve or pan out. However, upon closer inspection of the photos that have come out so far, I'd have to agree with binkpmmc. Daniel's and Teal'c's patches are indeed different from the standard SG-1 patch we've seen them wear for 8 years. Mitchell, though, is sporting the traditional insignia.

I guess we'll all know soon enough.
                  Thank goodness we're finally to the point where you can say, "I guess we'll all know soon enough." While I wish today were July 15th, we're still a lot closer to S9 premiere than we were when I joined GW three months ago!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    The Royal Researcher regrets to report that she found a couple of disturbing images on GW this morning. These are both from the episode The Powers That Be. Thank goodness, this is the last ep before Sam returns!

1. Vala, in our uniform.....but she's not wearing it to regulation. It looks different than when Sam wears it!

2. Oh, good grief! This is reminiscent of Anise!

If you like, you can view all the photos and read what they've released about it at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x5.shtml

she will say "Honey,not to hurt your feelings or anything. But you really should have a long talk with the salesperson that sold you that dress. It looks like something that victoria's secret wouldn't talk about."
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

yes, i feel sorry for poor claudia.

her character could have some real potential...but right now all i'm seeing is an emphasis on the costume, or lack thereof

looks like another potential strong female character going the way of pin up girl
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Landry: Gentlemen, take your seats.

They sit down at the conference table, with Landry sitting at the head.

Cameron: Where's the new guy??

Walter: (standing behind Landry) Just arriving, sir.

Daniel: I still don't understand why we need a fourth member. We managed just fine for over a year under the command of Lt. Colonel Carter and Cameron's been doing a fine job handling command until Sam comes back.

Landry: I understand your concerns Doctor Jackon, but with the way things have been going with the Ori and the threat of this new plague, the Pentagon feels that it's of the utmost importance that we have one of our top people on SG-1.

Cameron: No disrespect sir, but what sort of credentials does *he* have?

Sam: (offscreen) She's a Colonel in the United States Air Force with eight years of gate travel experience.

Startled, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c look up as a Sam enters walking over to stand by the vacant chair across from Cameron.

Cameron: *smiling* I'm glad you changed your mind.

Daniel and Teal'c, a bit surprised, grin like cheshire cats.

Sam: Well as much as you three put forth great arguments to come back, I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I was briefed two days ago on our current situation with the Ori and was then handed my transfer papers to report to Cheyenne Mountain at 0900 this morning to take back command of SG-1.

Daniel: *grinning* Well I'm still really glad to have you back, Sam.

Teal'c: *bowing his head to Sam* As am I.

Sam: Although I really wish it were under better circumstances, I'm really glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed this place until I stepped back into the elevator.

Landry: Well...since Colonel Carter has already been brought up to speed on our current situation, Ill give you all exactly 24hrs to get yourselves ready for your next mission. Briefing tomorrow at 0800. Dismissed.

:: Standing up to leave, Landry stops and turns towards Sam ::

Landry: Colonel, I'd like to have a word with you in my office once you gotten yourself settled.

Sam: Yes, sir.

Landry: Oh...and Colonel? :: Sam looks up at Landry:: Welcome back.

Sam: (big smile) Thank you, sir.

Love your way of thinking, Forever.

As for the patches, I don't think it's a mistake. JM did say that SG-1 is dismentled, and that when CM arrives, there is no team to be lead by Sam. So it's probable that Daniel and Teal'c are SGC only now. And you're right. Daniel and Teal'c won't be to happy of the new comer taking Sam's place, just like us, Samandans.

Don't you love those guys

I don't know what to make of this. This is driving me nuts
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Uber.....do you have any idea how many people/boxes were represented in the Blue Jello campaign? If you get even a guesstimate, I know I'd love to know.

How cute those are! I got a nice giggle out of them! Thanks!

On the patch debate.....this is a mystery, isn't it? But have you also noticed all the photos of the original cast over the years with no patches of any kind? That has always kinda puzzled me. But this is even more curious.

Thank goodness we're finally to the point where you can say, "I guess we'll all know soon enough." While I wish today were July 15th, we're still a lot closer to S9 premiere than we were when I joined GW three months ago!
                          In most cases, anytime you see a photo where the SG-1 team are wearing their jackets or BDU's without patches it's because they outside of Cheyenne mountain on Earth; and seeing as the Stargate program is top secret, they remove their patches. Like in Seth, none of them were wearing patches and in Tok'ra II when Sam rushes to the hospital to see her father she is not wearing any patches. However, the writers weren't always consistent in this as Sam is still wearing her patches in the elevator scene of Singularity.

As for Vala not wearing any patches, it's not that she's a civilian, it's that she's not a member of the Stargate program. In Prodigy and Covenant, both Hailey and Alec were wearing fatigues, but neither wore any patches.

Comment

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ess/9x5_05.jpg. Oh, good grief! This is reminiscent of Anise!
                            http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ess/9x5_09.jpg
                            Worse than Anise. At least Anise's secondskins acutally fit, were usually in worked leather and had some tailored style to them.... that getup of Vala's isn't flattering at all and doesn't look like anyone did anything other than to run a quick seam on the edges and took dull scissors to hack some un-artful holes in a piece of untanned hide..... (JMOHO! )
                            2If you wish, you can view all the photos and read what they've released about it at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x5.shtml

Not even sure she'll say anything... Probably give her a quick once over, squinch her brows really quick, arch her eyebrow Teal'c-like and move on saying "Okay, so back to the problem...."
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Attention UK SAMANDA Peeps!

SFX #133 which goes on sale Wednesday July 6th will have an article with Amanda Tapping in it according to their press release - Since we don't get copies mailed to the US until usually a month later - it is your job to find the mag. and post information from article - PLEASE
                              Okay, will do.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with Bink and Golfbooy... I don't think that Teal'c and Daniel wearing SGC patches instead of SG-1 is an accident. In my opinion, Cameron may be the commanding officer of SG-1 at the beginning of season nine, but he is sole member of SG-1. From the looks of the pictures and from what we have already seen, I don't believe that SG-1 is formally back together until Beach Head. It's amazing how one little picture can give you a tiny glimmer of hope. At least in my opinion, this is proof that although Jack may have agreed to put Cameron on SG-1, I don't think the other members of the team just fell into step and accepted him as the new leader of SG1.

So in affect, when we reunite with Sam, we'll reunite with SG-1 as well. And why not?? SG-1 IS her team, is it not?? If this is how the season begins, I might actually have a much deeper respect for the writers and a much deeper interest in the new season come August...
                                Yeah, I would definitely appreciate the series premiere that much more if Teal'c and Daniel were like, "Uh, you want us to do what? With whom? Uh... no." (Of course... that'd most likely be Daniel .)

I'm almost in full-fledged hippie mode, which is a mood I get into at the end of every hiatus. With this mood comes a feeling of peace and openness to whatever they have to throw at us. I'm open to almost anything, and I'm willing to accept whatever they do. I truly plan to watch this show until it dies.

And to me, Teal'c and Daniel's adverse reactions to another CO would make perfect sense. How can three team members and best friends of eight years not question this decision? HOWEVER, with the way everyone (SciFi, RCC, JM, PDL, PM, CJ, MS, etc.) has been pushing this new season, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it went in exactly the opposite direction either. It would seem so much easier for everyone involved if Daniel and Teal'c just went with the flow - in theory, if the two remaining principle characters were willing to accept this new guy, it wouldn't be so difficult for the die-hard OR normal fans to accept him either.

I've always looked at CJ, MS, and AT to have some kind of special friendship/bond/whatever over the past eight years, mainly because they sold me on that idea long ago (and I have no desire to question the legitimacy of that tale now). It kinda bugs me that neither CJ nor MS felt the need to speak freely about AT in interviews, at cons, etc. It's almost like they received orders to pump up the new season at all costs and to let everything else fall into place.

And I don't doubt that they're excited about this new season. I'd imagine it's reinvigorated their job and made each day fresh and new. Still there's something about that personal choice on their part to not talk about her that's... unnerving.

And it'd be different if AT had done the same thing when MS was gone, but she didn't. It really wasn't my intention to compare the two actors or anything, but AT was singing his praises before he left, while he was gone, and right before he came back for S7 - and he was gone for an entire year. I guess I just kinda expected the same thing from them...

Comment

Working...
                                X