Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    For what it's worth, the Stargate-Project (the German site that seems to get all the spoilers and pictures before everyone else) has the cast for season nine listed in this order:

Ben Browder (Cameron Mitchell), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Christopher Judge (Teal´c), Beau Bridges (General Hank Landry)

Cheers,
    Strix
    So not in alphabetical order and with Ben over Amanda.

This does not make me wear my happy face...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      CAPTION THIS...

"Hmm ! I knew this mask was the best place to hide my blue jello supplies."
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Haha! Me neither! I don't understand... Then again, these days I don't understand a lot.

While Stargate Project has definitely been proven to be a credible source of information (despite the fact that I can't read half of what it says ), I think that still seems like speculation on their part.

If TPTB are gonna completely revamp the show, the plots, the villains, the main characters and the top-billed actors, etc., then they'd better have an AWESOME new revamped version of the Stargate song and credit line up.

Comment

So, if I had been asked to write the first episodes of season 9 without AT, I think I would have had her and Jack disappear while on a diplomatic mission to a formerly Goa'uld occupied world. The episodes, while having their own stand-alone plots focused on BB, MS, and CJ, would still have the over-arching goal of trying to find/save Sam and Jack from whoever/whatever took them. Vala, given a background of blackmarket smuggling and/or criminal activity, is someone who is brought in because she has the best info as to where they might be.

In the episode bringing everyone together, SG-1 finds Sam and Jack in a desperate situation, trying to save the galaxy, but in dire need of help. SG-1 comes to the rescue, and together, as a team, they save the day.

Returning to Earth, Jack, having been seriously whumped along the way, decides to retire. Sam, having survived serious whumpage in slightly better shape, returns to command SG-1.

(Good thing I'll never be asked to write for Stargate, huh, seeing as a terrible lack of detail would result in incredibly boring stories.)

My LJ

Comment

But the info from the Stargate Project is not official......so I'm going to try not to worry about it for now.....and hope for the right thing to be done.

Comment

So, if I had been asked to write the first episodes of season 9 without AT, I think I would have had her and Jack disappear while on a diplomatic mission to a formerly Goa'uld occupied world. The episodes, while having their own stand-alone plots focused on BB, MS, and CJ, would still have the over-arching goal of trying to find/save Sam and Jack from whoever/whatever took them. Vala, given a background of blackmarket smuggling and/or criminal activity, is someone who is brought in because she has the best info as to where they might be.

In the episode bringing everyone together, SG-1 finds Sam and Jack in a desperate situation, trying to save the galaxy, but in dire need of help. SG-1 comes to the rescue, and together, as a team, they save the day.

Returning to Earth, Jack, having been seriously whumped along the way, decides to retire. Sam, having survived serious whumpage in slightly better shape, returns to command SG-1.

(Good thing I'll never be asked to write for Stargate, huh, seeing as a terrible lack of detail would result in incredibly boring stories.)
              Actually, I think that would have worked beautifully. Got any time to write a fic? The only problem is, I think, the fact that AT and RDA would have had to be much more available for those establishing episodes in the beginning of the season. You know, why they're there, what's happening, their plans for getting back home - that kinda thing.

Are you SURE you don't wanna write a fic on it?

Comment

Hey! We're at a thousand pages! Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Haha! Me neither! I don't understand... Then again, these days I don't understand a lot.

While Stargate Project has definitely been proven to be a credible source of information (despite the fact that I can't read half of what it says ), I think that still seems like speculation on their part.

If TPTB are gonna completely revamp the show, the plots, the villains, the main characters and the top-billed actors, etc., then they'd better have an AWESOME new revamped version of the Stargate song and credit line up.
                  Okay...time to get caught up here...

I wouldn't mind Browder being first if it's listed alphabetically. It wouldn't seem like he's swooping in or anything like that...

and like I said before, I don't want to resent his character. I love him and loved him in Farscape...so why do TPTB have to make this such an ordeal for longtime SG-1 fans???

HMMMMM????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I frankly like your scenario better than the "she walks through the door."

That is, unless she does it HEROICALLY...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      But the info from the Stargate Project is not official......so I'm going to try not to worry about it for now.....and hope for the right thing to be done.
                      Poor tsaxlady not only has had to put up with my "Sam and Jack" thing, but also and more recently my "Sam better get her command back when she returns" thing...

She's doing her best to alleviate my fears...I hope she's right...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have just taken one day off ?"

Jack the ambassador ? I like that. He has definetely his own style : "Howdy folks !"
                        Oh yea...The Cure...

Jack marching into important, delicate negotiations with his less than subtle approach...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

http://img169.echo.cx/img169/2606/oldfriends2dy.jpg
                          I purchased the June edition of Cult Times today. This is the magazine that has the article with Robert C Cooper titled "Regener-Gate!" I know we have had a few quotes from the article here but I really like to read the entire article when I can get my hands on them because of few quotes from an article can be so misleading. So for those that would like to read the article here you go page 1 page 2 page 3 page 4 page 5 The article was written by Thomasina Gibson. Thomasina was in Vancouver in April before AT was back on the set working. I know this because I meet her at the Vancouver con and he was telling us she would be leaving Vancouver the next week. She was on set the day that AT went by to visit with Olivia before she started back to work. Thomasina did make it a point to ask Rob about AT in the article.

Thanks for all your hard work tsaxlady. It's really nice of you to share this article with us.
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Official or not...it just ticks me off.

Royally.

Which is appropriate here....

Being the Royal Pain in the Mikta and all...

Comment

Okay...time to get caught up here...

I wouldn't mind Browder being first if it's listed alphabetically. It wouldn't seem like he's swooping in or anything like that...

and like I said before, I don't want to resent his character. I love him and loved him in Farscape...so why do TPTB have to make this such an ordeal for longtime SG-1 fans???

HMMMMM????
                              Yeah, alphabetical listing is good, I agree. One can't help what one's last name begins with, can one?

I never watched Farscape, but I have to say that the guy looks good - and I don't just mean his looks. If the situation had been different, people (including myself) probably wouldn't be so concerned about his placement on the team. He's funny. "Uh, excuse me, but could you point me in the direction of the Stargate?" Well... He's funny to me anyway.

Yeah, Uber! Why ARE they making it a big deal? Hmmmm?

Now that I think about it, I guess they just don't want people to stage a coup because a quote or statement is greatly misconstrued, and then refuse to watch the series premiere. Everything depends on all long-time and hardcore fans of all walks of life being intrigued (or worried) enough to watch July 15. The schmoes who don't go online and see what's up aren't quite as aware of the changes as the rest of us are, so they'll most likely be tuning in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Actually, I think that would have worked beautifully. Got any time to write a fic? The only problem is, I think, the fact that AT and RDA would have had to be much more available for those establishing episodes in the beginning of the season. You know, why they're there, what's happening, their plans for getting back home - that kinda thing.

Are you SURE you don't wanna write a fic on it?
                                Yeah... although, the mystery of not showing them might keep the audience hooked. Just as Cam, Daniel, and Teal'c wouldn't know where they are, the audience wouldn't either. Drop in some tantalizing hints... but the actors themselves wouldn't have to be there.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X