Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Samandans,

I have a question for you.

Following Jack's remark about "packing to do". Where does this idea that Sam was going on the Daedalus at the end of Season 8 ? There was absolutely no mention of that. At least, I didn't see or heard anything that could mean that. Can someone explain it to me ? Personnally, I have another interpretation of that scene

And about that picture of Jack in season nine, I had thought he was at General Hammond's hospital bed side. There, he ask Jack to take his place at Home Security, because he feels it's time to retire.

Just a thought.

Can't wait for Season 9, to finally know what's going to happen. And we'll know in the first episode what's Sam's doing at area 51. I'm sure they'll mention her name a few times, even though she's not there.

To think I'm gonna be stuck reading the transcript on GW or try to download it to be able to find out . I'm stuck a year and a half behind with NBC. Don't have Scifi here, or Space channel on my cable, so...

See ya
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      SKY?!? That makes it sounds like its a fait accompli that Sam will definitely NOT be leading SG-1 when she returns. I have not seen nor heard anything that would point that way. In fact what I have read points to Cam being a temp.

But then we just don't know right now...and I think that's the point I got to on that other thread...wanting and needing others to see what I see in Sam, an incredible hero who's time has come.

I stopped banging my head against that wall and am trying a more subdued "wait and see" kinda 'tude.

It's like totally working for me man.

Like really.

i dont think that it's settled. pesonally, i'm betting on 'whatta ya know you both were promoted on the same day' or sam being asked to come back, cam is already in command and sam doean't feel like booting him to the curb to take command back, so they agree to both do it

i think tptb will dodge that hot potato and find a loophole

in 'real life' if she wanted command, long about s4 or 5 she could have asked hammond and probably gotten her own team, it jsut wouldn't have been sg1
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
        Hello Samandans,

Following Jack's remark about "packing to do". Where does this idea that Sam was going on the Daedalus at the end of Season 8 ? There was absolutely no mention of that. At least, I didn't see or heard anything that could mean that. Can someone explain it to me ? Personnally, I have another interpretation of that scene

And about that picture of Jack in season nine, I had thought he was at General Hammond's hospital bed side. There, he ask Jack to take his place at Home Security, because he feels it's time to retire.

Just a thought.

Can't wait for Season 9, to finally know what's going to happen. And we'll know in the first episode what's Sam's doing at area 51. I'm sure they'll mention her name a few times, even though she's not there.

To think I'm gonna be stuck reading the transcript on GW or try to download it to be able to find out . I'm stuck a year and a half behind with NBC. Don't have Scifi here, or Space channel on my cable, so...

See ya
        i seem to recall the odd spoiler/rumor that amanda/sam were meant to be on the daedelus and kick off season 2. then amanda's pregnancy kibashed that plan. can't recall where i read it though

as to not beign able to see it, well there's this nifty thing called video tape adn the us postal service.

it might take a week or two but i've sent videos to peopel before who haven't been able to watch
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i seem to recall the odd spoiler/rumor that amanda/sam were meant to be on the daedelus and kick off season 2. then amanda's pregnancy kibashed that plan. can't recall where i read it though

as to not beign able to see it, well there's this nifty thing called video tape adn the us postal service.

it might take a week or two but i've sent videos to peopel before who haven't been able to watch

Thanks for the offer Skydiver We'll see what can be done when it comes to it.

Thanks also for the explanation on the Daedalus. Now I get it. Personnally, I'm not fund of Sam going to Atlantis since I can't see that show, so ... And she belongs at the SGC. And SG-1.

I heard somewhere, maybe on this thread, that maybe she's not SGC anymore, but Area 51, and that could be the reason why she can't lead SG-1 anymore, since she's on loan from Area 51. Might be the reason why Cam gets the job.
          sigpic
          There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

There were mentions on previous pages about Behind the Scenes shows that aired on Showtime.

Is there anyway for me to get my greedy little mitts...um, I mean...is there anyway that I might procure such a production?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That's a good idea about General Hammond, Historian. I never thought of that. However, the shot of Jack does look like it's in the same room as the shot of Cameron while he's struggling through PT with the nurse. I think...

Still, it would be MUCH more realistic for Jack to be at Hammond's bedside than some schmoe's, considering (as bink has said) we haven't heard hide nor hair of this guy before... Plus, it's the logical step for Jack to accept the position Homeland Security. My only problem with this is that it's obviously not who Jack is (or at least has been). He was crawling out of his skin being at a desk job at the SGC. How could he possibly be comfortable at a desk job in Washington? I know it's for real life logistical reasons, but still... It's quite sad.

Not to get people riled up again, but I just got the spoilers for SGA's "Critical Mass," and I'm irked all over again. Why, oh why, is it OK (to most people) for Shep and McKay to fight over a girl, for Shep to kiss a girl, for Shep or McKay to be with Elizabeth, and for McKay to always be focused on some girl, when people have such issues with Sam?

And, for that matter, why didn't people have issues when Jack had his few women moments, Daniel was with the alien of the week, and Teal'c had his own lady issues? Why, according to the pics for the first few episodes of S9, does it look like Daniel and Cam are already attached to Vala?

Again, I'm trying to get into Hippie Mode here, but I don't understand it. JM and RCC and all those other men in charge of the show were quite adamant in disspelling any hopes or rumors of possible ship moments in SG-1 - specifically when it was asked about Sam. However, none of them seem to have a problem with the lead males of SGA getting some kind of action multiple times in one season - and SGA has only been around for two seasons!
              They literally seem to feed off of the knowledge that fans like some variation of Teyla/Shep/Weir/McKay.

I'm fine if they don't want any sort of romances or flings all around. In fact, I think letting Sam get on her own two feet without this apparent "burden" of SHIP might be good for her character. But this double standard thing with the other men in both series? That's just obnoxious.

Sorry... Let me know if I'm way off base here and I'll go back to my Land of Cheer.
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 22 June 2005, 10:45 AM. Reason: It was "Critical Mass," not "Epiphany."

Comment

I wonder what they'll say about where Carter has been for the few episodes she isn't in?

Perhaps a long research trip
                or she has benn captured
                or she just Can't be bothered to come in to work for a month
                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
                  I wonder what they'll say about where Carter has been for the few episodes she isn't in?

Perhaps a long research trip
                  or she has benn captured
                  or she just Can't be bothered to come in to work for a month
                  apparently she's at area 51
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

She could be at Area 51 for work.
                    She could be in Washington for play.

She could be working on the Daedalus.
                    She could be with Cassie.
                    She could be with Jack.
                    She could be with the Tok'ra.
                    She could be doing some crazy combination of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      She could be at Area 51 for work.
                      She could be in Washington for play.

She could be working on the Daedalus.
                      She could be with Cassie.
                      She could be with Jack.
                      She could be with the Tok'ra.
                      She could be doing some crazy combination of them all.
                      i'd go for them all
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yeah, during Avalon Part One, she's at Area 51, because that's chronologically when the Daedalus is introduced to SGA.

Avalon Part Two, she's still at Area 51.

For the third ep, she's with Cassie.

For the fourth ep, she's in Washington D.C. mixing business with pleasure ( ), as the Joint Chiefs wonder what the HECK they were thinking letting this woman have such a long vacation with the state of affairs as they are.

For the fifth ep, she's just getting back from a briefing in D.C., before making a quick stop at Area 51 to finish up some last minute issues.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          I like the way you think, Kat!I like how you're thinking big... General Sam Carter! And I'd have to get *all* of the accessories!
                          Little naquadah reactor in a specially designed backpack.
                          Little DHD with removable panels and small took kit for repairs
                          Toy Indian motorcycle - with helmet.
                          Toy F-302
                          Originally posted by shimmeringstar
                          *coughs* Now astro... What about those itty bitty teeny weeny boxes blue Jell-O? Just the right size to fit in a pocket or two of her regular backpack....
                          Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Excellent suggestion. She should also have those protective glasses for when she's shooting her P90 at replicators. What about that cool car she drove in S5?
                          Originally posted by Lys
                          And the doll speaks too : "Welcome to my life !"
                          'And if it...somehow turns out to be...fun..? Well, what's a girl to do?'

and... it would just have to do the MacUseless rant (I know it's AT talking and not Sam...but it's just too great to not have )
                          Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Wow Astro what a great opening note.

Just an FYI - on my federal and state tax form my occupation listing is Teacher (since I'm currently at a middle school, we in the lower grades leave the term professors for you upper level academia folks ) and Freelance Musician
                          Musician dutifully added
                          Originally posted by Historian
                          Hello Samandans,

Just a thought.

See ya
                          Welcome aboard, Historian!
                          i dont think that it's settled. pesonally, i'm betting on 'whatta ya know you both were promoted on the same day' or sam being asked to come back, cam is already in command and sam doean't feel like booting him to the curb to take command back, so they agree to both do it

i think tptb will dodge that hot potato and find a loophole

in 'real life' if she wanted command, long about s4 or 5 she could have asked hammond and probably gotten her own team, it jsut wouldn't have been sg1
                          I agree that Sam would have had a chance at command of a team of her own years ago - I always envisioned that she turned the offers down in order to stay with SG-1 (Jack, Daniel and Teal'c, not just the '1'). It would be awesome if they had some dialogue between Carter and Landry where the General makes reference to Sam having turned down her own team several times before O'Neill was promoted to General.
                          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Still, it would be MUCH more realistic for Jack to be at Hammond's bedside than some schmoe's, considering (as bink has said) we haven't heard hide nor hair of this guy before... Plus, it's the logical step for Jack to accept the position Homeland Security. My only problem with this is that it's obviously not who Jack is (or at least has been). He was crawling out of his skin being at a desk job at the SGC. How could he possibly be comfortable at a desk job in Washington? I know it's for real life logistical reasons, but still... It's quite sad.
                          I agree, Dancer! It would have been much more realistic to me if Jack had become some kind of ambassador for Earth. Retiring from the military and then being called in as needed... to work with the Asgard on something... or to go on a special mission... I see Jack in more of a free-lance swashbuckling role. Moving him further up the chain of brass... ugh! That's just not Jack O'Neill!

Comment

There was an interview with Amanda and David Hewlett where Amanda said something about how she was suppose to have been in Atlantis at the beginning of season 2 but that was before she found out she was pregnant. And things have definitely changed according to new spoilers. Oh yeah...don't ya just get all tingly inside knowing that Sam's spent the past few months working at area 51?

I still think they should have had her with Thor in another galaxy far far away chasing down the last of the replicators that were not near a Stargate during Reckoning.

Comment

Season 9 Promo shots are starting to be released by SciFi. Stargate-Project has the first two available, both Ben Browder, online and they say that more will be released this week.

I'm going to the Battlestar Galactica con in Burbank this weekend I'm hoping that they have new Stargate photos at the con. I know one of the dealers that is going to be there usually has lots of Stargate photos as well and I'm crossing my fingers that she will have some news with Sam/AT available.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Season 9 Promo shots are starting to be released by SciFi. Stargate-Project has the first two available, both Ben Browder, online and they say that more will be released this week.

I'm going to the Battlestar Galactica con in Burbank this weekend I'm hoping that they have new Stargate photos at the con. I know one of the dealers that is going to be there usually has lots of Stargate photos as well and I'm crossing my fingers that she will have some news with Sam/AT available.
                                Very cool tsaxlady! I'm hoping that works out as well. I'm glad they're releasing them before July 15, but it still seems like they're a bit later this year. Is that right?

Comment

Working...
                                X