Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    You know you are a Stargate fan when:

Your four year old daughter walks into the room and asks if you will play a game with her and when you agree; she hands you a set of headphones w/ mic while placing one onto her own head and shouts:

"Digger 1. This is Digger 2, can you hear me??? Over!!"
    ROTFL! Thanks for sharing this. It must be too soon to give you more green jello.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Maybe her announcement will be that they've come out with a (General?) Sam Carter doll.
      The one that comes with a naquadah reactor ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I don't remember the first episode I saw, but I do remember that one of my first impressions of Sam was that here was a strong, competent, likeable woman who was an *equal* member of the *team.* And refreshingly, not hooked up romantically with any of the men on the team. If only TPTB had not gone down the shippy road... sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by caroline
          Hi everybody I'm new on this forum. I'm a french fan of stargate and above all of the talentuous Amanda Tapping.
          I'm looking forward season 9 because of the new team I hope there will be new discoveries a lot of off world episodes and interactions between the members ( especially Daniel/Sam I love those 2). But I'm afraid Sam will have less influence in the team that the writers put BB as the number 1. I hope there'll be equality of treatment about the characters
          Sorry if you don't understand what I say even if I use my Harraps
          I love the interactions between Daniel and Sam too, Caroline. Welcome to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i loved that ep too!

there might have been flaws a bit, but it still showed kick-butt sam at it's best. i remember the last time i watched it, both my mom and i replaying the part where sam takes the meanie bad guy leader down and us screaming, 'go, sam!'.

i also thought they did a good job with casting the meanine bad guy.

sally
            I recently watched "Faith of My Fathers" about John McCain's POW experiences in Vietnam. I believe the head of the POW camp was played by the same guy from Emancipation.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
              again TPTB changes the rules
              I do not think TPTB are going to change the rules - I think they are going to feed us a bunch of hooey that we are supposed to believe about the backstroy of this new guy. It will be that he has been around for years and that he has a good deal of offworld experience and that he led another SG team and that he is good, or even great, friends/buddies of SG1 and they all have this trememndous mutual respect for each other and that is how they will justify any and all things they do with the new guy.

I interpret the picture of O'Neill standing at the window (forget which ep Avalon 1 or 2) as O'Neill in Mitchell's hospital room or physical therapy room angsting over "his good buddy" Mitchell. This is what they will feed us and this is what will turn me off about the whole thing. They know they cannot just drop a new guy so they make it all up and expect the fans to swallow the malarkey they throw up at us. I, personally, will find it incredibly hard to believe (make that I won't believe it at all) if they try to say that these guys were all friends and so clsoe that O'Neill was at his side during his recovery after his Antarctica crash since they have not mentioned his name in 8 years anywhere, anytime, even in passing. It will be ridiculous to me if this is what they try to sell - I won't be buying simply because it is too far fetched that the guys name was never even mentioned, by anyone, ever, even in passing.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                what .... that is sooo not right . ..... Amanda Tapping is way, way better than CB.
                I, in my cyncial fashion, see the SyFy Protal results as a certain faction of fans, who shall not be named, voting over and over again until their computers break down. It is a fan base who copies and sends thousands of the same postcard to Bridge to protest this or that so it does not surprise me that they seem to have a lot of free time which I am sure they all spent voting thousands of times for MS, CB and PU. Personally I give no stock to these particular awards, Leos and Saturns are more legitimate if you ask me (I read that the Leo's are described as the Canadian equivalent of the Emmy's - you cannot get much better than that). SFP is a fan site, very much the same as GW. It has only been around since 2001. They pick the actors, actresses and eps to put up (their bias will obviously skew into the choices to vote on) - the worst part is that fans can vote over and over again so for those who may vote once, or even twice, for AT, but who don't have time to waste at SFP voting over and over again, there are fans from the group that shall not be named, and elsewhere, who will vote hundreds of times for MS and for CB just so AT won't win - that's my view of it anyway - told you it was cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  OK, folks, so what do you think AT's 'surprise announcement' is going to be at Gatecon in late July? (I had to look up the date, hope I got it right). Chopin, Coley and I have speculated via email, but I was wondering if anyone on this thread had their own suspicions?.
                  My guess is that since this is Legends Memerobilia I think it will be some honkin piece of memerobilia from SG1 that will go on auction or something like that - I do not think it will be personal nor do I think it will have anything to do with her, or Carter's, role in the show. My guess is that it will definitely have something to do with something that can be sold and something that Legends can make money off of.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

I, personally, will find it incredibly hard to believe (make that I won't believe it at all) if they try to say that these guys were all friends and so clsoe that O'Neill was at his side during his recovery after his Antarctica crash since they have not mentioned his name in 8 years anywhere, anytime, even in passing.
                    I really hope they won't serve us this story because that would mean they forgot that after Mitchell's crash during the battle, Jack was frozen in Antarctica waiting for Thor to remove all the Ancient knowledge from his mind. I see an impossibility to be at Mitchell's side during his recovery, at least during the first months.

Now, Jack knowing Mitchell because he was a F-302 pilot, I can buy it. Remember the lecture Jack was supposed to give to the new pilots in Fragile Balance ? If SG1 and Mitchell met under these circunstances, I can buy it. Even if it goes back to the heroic times of the X-301. Even if it goes back before SG1 even existed because Jack, Sam and Cam share a common ground. They're all pilots.

What I don't want to hear is that they were best buddies. I'd understand that for Kawalsky (if he had survived) or for Ferretti because we knew them from the beginning. I'd understand that for every SG team leader we met in 8 years, but not for someone I've never heard of before.

Well, only time will give us the answer. So, wait and see.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Jolinarized ?
                      I immediatly vote to add this word into the dictionnary.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      What I'm hoping is after the threat of the replicators and Gou'ald were eliminated at the end of season eight that both Sam and Jack were given promotions for their role in fight. I figure that due to the fact that the replicators actually attacked the SGC, on US soil, it would be considered an act of war and as such they would both be given promotions accordingly. Thus when season nine airs, Jack will be a higher ranking General in charge of Homeworld Security and Sam will have been promoted to a full bird Colonel, thus outranking Mitchell, and in charge of R&D at Area51.

To me this would give some added depth to Sam being stationed at Area 51 as I believe Maybourne was a Full Colonel when he was in charge of Area 51. It would also explain all the hush hush until Sam returns because it adds to the drama as to who will be in charge when Sam returns. However, I've been very wrong before but it doesn't hurt to dream a little, right?

Kat
                      I like the way you think, Kat!
                      Originally posted by jckfan55
                      I really don't see Sam going to Atlantis, but I'd follow my queen.
                      Maybe her announcement will be that they've come out with a (General?) Sam Carter doll.
                      I like how you're thinking big... General Sam Carter!
                      Originally posted by Lys
                      The one that comes with a naquadah reactor ?
                      And I'd have to get *all* of the accessories!
                      Little naquadah reactor in a specially designed backpack.
                      Little DHD with removable panels and small took kit for repairs
                      Toy Indian motorcycle - with helmet.
                      Toy F-302

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        I really hope they won't serve us this story because that would mean they forgot that after Mitchell's crash during the battle, Jack was frozen in Antarctica waiting for Thor to remove all the Ancient knowledge from his mind. I see an impossibility to be at Mitchell's side during his recovery, at least during the first months.
                        Excellent point that I did indeed forget about so here is my revised cynical view - it is not O'Neill angsting in his hospital room after the crash since O'Neill is not around. It does seem, from some of the spoilers, that the new guy was severly injured so it stands to reason that he would have been in therapy for many months so I say the picture is a flashback showing O'Neill, AFTER he's unfrozen, angsting over the new guys physical therapy and recovery. This is all part of what I won't be able to believe if they play this game with it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          I know I'm repeating myself, but it's all about The Leading Man. They had to have a competent, witty, good-looking, strong male leader who was also in the military. Rather than make this as non-combative as possible and have him be a major, they had to make him a Lieutenant Colonel, so he could lead the team in Sam's absence.

If it wasn't for Leading Man Syndrome, this wouldn't even be a problem.
                          Not to be argumentative, dancer of spaz, because I understand what you're saying, and I know your problem is with TPTB. But Jack was Major O'Neill when the show started.....and he was commanding. So, Cam could have commanded as a major too.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          LOL

i'm not a farscape fan so i can't know the motives/preferences of every one of them, but i do know that i've seen more than one anticipating cam and vala interaction and hoping for a reprise of john/aeryn

the pairing and actors are so popular that it's inevitable that they not be compared to their previous roles
                          And putting them together didn't ruin the show......which was only cancelled because of the cost. So, there's a different ship mindset in Australia than there is in Vancouver!

Comment

I, in my cyncial fashion, see the SyFy Protal results as a certain faction of fans, who shall not be named, voting over and over again until their computers break down. It is a fan base who copies and sends thousands of the same postcard to Bridge to protest this or that so it does not surprise me that they seem to have a lot of free time which I am sure they all spent voting thousands of times for MS, CB and PU.
                            Uh, in the interest of fairness, bink... That is what this thread is all about. I tried to vote on SyFy Portal everyday, and it helped to have someone remind me (which was just about daily!). And I had never ever heard of the site before! Nevertheless, I did what I could to help AT win

And Blue Jello Week is no better (or worse, for that matter) than fans sending copies of thousands of postcards to Bridge Studios. Everyone has the opportunity to go wild with their non-violent protest or adulation of a certain character. When it comes to NEGATIVE behavior, I'm not a fan. However, if people were praising TPTB for bring in MS, CB and PU, that's no different than any of us doing the same for AT, CJ or anyone else, you know?

Personally I give no stock to these particular awards, Leos and Saturns are more legitimate if you ask me (I read that the Leo's are described as the Canadian equivalent of the Emmy's - you cannot get much better than that).
                            I agree. When it comes to the PRESTIGE of an award, that would have to go to AT. However, (objective and nonbiased) fan polls can be just as telling of a character/actor's popularity when they're performed properly and fairly. If AT had won, I doubt any of us would be questioning the legitimacy of the pollsters. At the same token, Scapers would be saying that the poll was rigged. I still think AT's got enough of a following to count for a whole lot more than something, but that's just me and my hippiness coming through again.

SFP is a fan site, very much the same as GW. It has only been around since 2001. They pick the actors, actresses and eps to put up (their bias will obviously skew into the choices to vote on)...
                            Now THAT is a problem, and I totally agree with you. Fansites should be handled in such a way that the MEMBERS of the sites (who are fans) take part in picking the nominees, not the OWNERS/MODERATORS of the sites (who are also fans) doing so. THAT'S when the problem arises. SyFy Portal should have conducted some kind of initial poll. I know they're pretty "up there" in class and whatnot, but there's no denying that site runner bias can come into play. If you ask me from what I've seen, GW is the most neutral of them all.

And you're opinion's not cynical, Bink. Just very, very, very passionate.

Comment

Okay Samandans... be proud of me!

I finished over on that ridiculous thread I've been talking about off and on for a while...

The following is my last post over there in its entirety... JUST REMEMBER, that any 'tude I dished out here was targeted toward others...not my fellow Samandans...

======================================

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                              Not sure what niche on an SG team stunts fill but anyway.

No one's asked you to go through it again. Did you ever think that maybe, if you mentionin things ad nauseum and people are still disagreeing with you, that your the only one who thinks either 1)carter can/should command
                              2)Fans actually want to see Carter command(with the exception of Sam fans, of course)
                              3)Your the only one who thinks she's done a 'great' job in the role.
                              I think Sam has pretty consistently made major mistakes when in command.
                              Paradise Lost is a great example. You don't keep your people working 24/7 round the clock. It's just not smart.

IT's becuase I care about her character that I DON"t want to see her command.
                              But I've listed MY reasons for that ad nauseum as well.

I agreed to disagree with you ages ago. You kept posting, so I responded., and other have contributed. If you thinkthe discussion is usless, stop posting, but please don't blame me if your arguments go round in circles.
                              Okay...here it is...my official LAST post on this stupid thread.

For the record, so far most of the people on this thread lean toward Carter leading SG-1 permanently...and you and a few others are leaning toward Cam. And with statements like CAMERON'S THE PERMANENT SG-1 TEAM LEADER...LIVE WITH IT, you're only highlighting you're immaturity and insecurity. Neither of us knows what exactly TPTB are going to do. Spoilers point toward Cam being a temp...but maybe that's changed. I don't know and neither do you.

I've done what I think has been a pretty good job at expressing why I think Sam should regain her position as SG-1 team leader. I stand by it.

GO SAM GO!!!

Take care and have fun arguing with yourself as I am way off of this merry-go-round.

======================================

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Not to be argumentative, dancer of spaz, because I understand what you're saying, and I know your problem is with TPTB. But Jack was Major O'Neill when the show started.....and he was commanding. So, Cam could have commanded as a major too.
                                Uh... Jack was a Major? I didn't know that. Yeah, my beef is with TPTB, and I think Cam SHOULD have been a Major, if their interest really was in letting this guy into SG-1's world in order to "learn from the best." How does ANYONE "learn" ANYTHING when they're coming onto a team that only contains two people, and they're put in a potentially permanent CO position. That's what I wanna know.

Comment

Working...
                                X