No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proving Ground is playing right now. What makes this so exciting is that Sam and Jack are in the cafeteria.....and she's eating :

Blue Jello!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Proving Ground is playing right now. What makes this so exciting is that Sam and Jack are in the cafeteria.....and she's eating :

Blue Jello!
      Hmm. Seems like an interesting theme for a star/character appreciation campaign...

If only we could iron out the specifics...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Went and read some of the latest posts on the Cam vs. Sam thread... and you're right.. .one person got a bit of the 'voice of god' going (lol) and started making emphatic statements instead of hypothesizing and discussing ideas and opinions. So here's a quote that I picked out that I liked... and thought was apros pos, in light of the 'other posts'
        Originally posted by Lightsabre
        I personally think that, like ONeill, Carter is in hte unique position that if she says, "I want to command the Promethius" they'll give it to her.
        I think they Command(And remember O'Neill is there now, running the show) will give her wahtever she wants in recognition for saving the world a couple of dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

OK, folks, so what do you think AT's 'surprise announcement' is going to be at Gatecon in late July? (I had to look up the date, hope I got it right). Chopin, Coley and I have speculated via email, but I was wondering if anyone on this thread had their own suspicions?

what surprise announcement?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

in my perfect little world...Amanda would announce that she's leaving SG1 and is joining the cast of atlantis.

the bigger cast would make it easier for her to take time off and work a reduced schedule. for me, Atlantis certainly could use another female character and it would put Sam back under the talented control of Brad, who's one writer who has proven himself over and over to be able to write the character with skill and grace
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              in my perfect little world...Amanda would announce that she's leaving SG1 and is joining the cast of atlantis.

the bigger cast would make it easier for her to take time off and work a reduced schedule. for me, Atlantis certainly could use another female character and it would put Sam back under the talented control of Brad, who's one writer who has proven himself over and over to be able to write the character with skill and grace
              Plus then we get the Sam/McKay banter going

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I think in many ways Sam was much the same way. She may have wanted more out of life for years but just couldn't drop the barriers inorder to do so, and in Grace through her own hallucinations she finally came to the decision that she didnt want to die alone... be that on the Prometheus or at home. She wanted to be with someone, to love and be loved in return. Perhaps she wanted to know that someone would notice if she disappeared or didn't come home. A lot of things go through a persons mind when they think they may be dying. Regrets. Wishes. Dreams. I personally don't consider this to be a failure in Sam's life... if it is then it's a flaw in human nature itself.

i feel so much the same, fs. i've loved this 'is there more for me?' journey of sam's, even if part of that journey went with a character i didn't care for (pete). but the journey was heartfelt and timely to me. (i guess because i'm feeling the same things right now in my own head... where's rda when i need him!

sally
                Last edited by majorsal; 20 June 2005, 08:02 PM. Reason: take out the d and add a y, and you've got an actual word :p
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Coley suggested that too - that Sam would move over to Atlantis... but they already have McKay filling the 'science smart' role and McKay's character has a big following... I'd hate to see the Atlantis fans up in arms if they were to perceive Sam as usurping McKay's science lines and scenes.

So... how about this... Sam gets on the Daedalus... either as the science officer... or she moves into the command position (of course, that would bring up the question of 'what happens to Pileggi's character'?).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Coley suggested that too - that Sam would move over to Atlantis... but they already have McKay filling the 'science smart' role and McKay's character has a big following... I'd hate to see the Atlantis fans up in arms if they were to perceive Sam as usurping McKay's science lines and scenes.

So... how about this... Sam gets on the Daedalus... either as the science officer... or she moves into the command position (of course, that would bring up the question of 'what happens to Pileggi's character'?).
                    who cares what happens to pileggi??? we haven't even seen him yet

and sam doesn't have to usurp rodney. he's too much fun. she can work with him however
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

who cares what happens to pileggi??? we haven't even seen him yet
                      But we will have by the time that AT comes back... and those 5 episodes are going to create and establish fan bases for Cameron Mitchell, Vala, Pileggi's character and each of the rest of the new Season 9 characters.

Comment

You know, when I first read your comment, I thought, noooo. I like Atlantis, but I am not emotionally invested in it---I wish I could be and I like some of the storylines. I actually like all the characters, just not enough to get excited about it. But if Sam were to be on Atlantis, I would definitely watch it, and probably stop watching SG1.

But I think SG1 in season nine is going to need Sam Carter back. I think she will act as the anchor for alot of old on-line fans and a majority of just regular (non-online) viewers out there. I don't know why, but I think her storylines will connect best to a variety of past arcs that many fans still love, and ones that fit in the new direction too. So for example, Orlin connects SG1's past to the present Ancient story arc and this will tie in nicely with Carter, given her relationship with Orlin. Beach Head will be some kind of big battle that alot of fans will like, and she'll be needed in that battle, hopefully doing kick-ass military Carter stuff . In another episode, Carter will be working with Barrett (another fan favorite or at least not someone they dislike), who will be investigating another fan favorite--Ba'al and what he is up to. So, in the first half, Carter is in three episodes (and part 2 of the second half) that will have some fan favorite material, yet also link her to some new direction material. As well, Ripple Effect (another second half of season episode we've heard about) sounds like a possible good episode, again with some well-loved characters.

As far as the announcement at Gatecon, sounds like something to do with Legends merchandise rather than anything really exciting, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          So weird that I'm one of the few who liked Emancipation because for me it was the episode where the guys saw Sam for the first time as a soldier who happens to be a woman and not a woman who happens to be a soldier.
                          i loved that ep too!

there might have been flaws a bit, but it still showed kick-butt sam at it's best. i remember the last time i watched it, both my mom and i replaying the part where sam takes the meanie bad guy leader down and us screaming, 'go, sam!'.

i also thought they did a good job with casting the meanine bad guy.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            if Sam were to be on Atlantis, I would definitely watch it, and probably stop watching SG1.
                            I'm with you, chocdoc! I could easily become an Atlantis fan if Sam were to move over to that series -to date, I haven't seen any of the episodes, but Sam's involvement would quickly change that!

Tried to rep your wonderful post, but I'm currently banned from the green jello fridge (and that's been happening to me all day with almost everyone I've tried to rep)

So... here's some wonderful blue jello for everyone!

Comment

That's an interesting idea. I'd definitely watch Atlantis if Sam was assigned there.

Hugs,
                              Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I can deal with no Sam for the first five episodes.
                                i can't.

i'm going to come back to stargate when amanda/sam does.

I can deal with all new characters and storylines.
                                i can too, which is why enjoyed jonas/season 6 so much. BUT, i need my fave character along with it or it's... another show.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X