Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Can you point me to the post or thread page #?
    See the Ask Joe thread; posts 1394 & 1397 for the Sam/AT answers. Maybe someone knows how to copy or quote from one thread to another?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i didn't get that message. i saw that sam was happy enough, but desired companionship with a man too. and with her mixed up feelings for jack... she was holding back. after 'grace', she didn't hold back anymore. (until she got even more confused with the whole pete-or-jack thinger )

sally
      Yeah me too...my sense was that she had a good life and was comfortable...but that she didn't allow herself to need someone, to love someone and be loved in return...not in a desperate "you need a man to be complete" kind of way but in a "you need to allow yourself to experience true intimacy with a man you love who loves you so that you can experience a fulfillment that your life could never have without it."

I think "Jacob" was advising her to examine her life, to consider her priorities and to question if she's getting out of life everything that she deserves...with the focus on the fact that he had a wonderful career, but it missed something because he didn't have anyone to share it with until Sam's mother came along.

Not in a pathetic needy kind of way but in a make your life richer kind of way.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        What's equally interesting is the question that Joe answered regarding Season 9 and how it would have been different had Amanda not given birth to little Olivia...

yeah, like with the ep 'the ties that bind'. i had to go look at what that ep was about, and frankly, it kind of frightens me what they would have done to it with sam being the focal point.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah me too...my sense was that she had a good life and was comfortable...but that she didn't allow herself to need someone, to love someone and be loved in return...not in a desperate "you need a man to be complete" kind of way but in a "you need to allow yourself to experience true intimacy with a man you love who loves you so that you can experience a fulfillment that your life could never have without it."

I think "Jacob" was advising her to examine her life, to consider her priorities and to question if she's getting out of life everything that she deserves...with the focus on the fact that he had a wonderful career, but it missed something because he didn't have anyone to share it with until Sam's mother came along.

i think that last line explains it perfectly for me.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            yeah, like with the ep 'the ties that bind'. i had to go look at what that ep was about, and frankly, it kind of frightens me what they would have done to it with sam being the focal point.

sally
            Yes. Sam as the focal point of any story.

I'm thoroughly disturbed by the notion.

*wicked grin*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You and Sal make good points. And I want Sam to have everything she wants in life. Perhaps my view of the ep. has been colored by the Pete debacle.

I did think the point that she had been kind of ignoring her romantic life b/c it had always ended in pain before was very touching and true. Gosh, given her past experiences, you could hardly blame her.

I guess it's just that so often single women are given the message by society that something is wrong with them if they're not married, that that colors my view a bit too. I would love to see Sam happily married. But I'm glad that romance does not seem to be on the agenda for S9.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                You and Sal make good points. And I want Sam to have everything she wants in life. Perhaps my view of the ep. has been colored by the Pete debacle.

I did think the point that she had been kind of ignoring her romantic life b/c it had always ended in pain before was very touching and true. Gosh, given her past experiences, you could hardly blame her.

I guess it's just that so often single women are given the message by society that something is wrong with them if they're not married, that that colors my view a bit too. I would love to see Sam happily married. But I'm glad that romance does not seem to be on the agenda for S9.
                I see your point, but I don't think that "Jacob" was implying that there was something wrong with her in the sense that she wasn't married. I think he was saying there was something wrong with her in the sense that she feared true intimacy because she was scared that it would end in sadness...because of her father and her mother and probably because of her horrific experiences with men, most of whom have died.

He wanted her to have everything in life...a fulfilling career and a fulfilling, intimate, true love life with a man she could trust and know would never leave or hurt her...

My ultimate goal for Sam is that at some point in the future, she allow herself to enjoy a richer, fuller life by sharing it with someone (Jack).

My immediate goal for her however is that she be an incredibly strong, brilliant and snarky SG-1 team leader...and that she saves the world a few more times.

Comment

Yes. Sam as the focal point of any story.

I'm thoroughly disturbed by the notion.

*wicked grin*

i was actually talking mostly from a shippy pov, and with o'neill being gone, the idea behind that ep... scared me.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13137
                    SyFy Portal winners annouced - Amanda got pipped by Claudia Black
                    And asif Prometheus Unbound got best episode... :|

Comment

Yes--plunging us into an orgy of speculation...
                      Ooo, an orgy involving Sam... I'm in!

Comment

Good news for Agent Dark (and those of us who want to see "cool Sam") Joe M. doesn't rule out a repeat appearance of the motorcycle leathers.
                        Woohoo!
                        /me does some anticipatory drooling

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        A follow up on that... Any chance of seeing Sam in her motorcycle leathers again?
                        Its possible.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that nowhere in Grace does Jacob specifaclly say that Sam needs a MAN

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13137
                            SyFy Portal winners annouced - Amanda got pipped by Claudia Black
                            And asif Prometheus Unbound got best episode... :|
                            I really hate to see that. It appears to validate the direction TPTB have decided to move the show.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that nowhere in Grace does Jacob specifaclly say that Sam needs a MAN
                              What "Jacob" specifically said was: "Sam, I know you've denied yourself the experience because you think it must inevitably end in pain and loneliness. It's time to let go of the things that prevent you from finding happiness. You deserve to love someone and be loved in return."

"Man" was implied, my dear AD...

As AT herself stated, Sam digs men. Sorry to crush your Sam + anyone with 2 X chromosomes fantasies...

Comment

Lonely. Extremely, painfully, unyeildingly lonely.

My folks also live in town...but they're away for this weekend on a business trip. However I did something fun perhaps in part to cheer myself up as I knew today would be a major downer...I was supposed to drive them to the airport yesterday...but instead I hired a limo service to pick them up...

At first they just thought they were being chaffuered to the airport in a regular car. So picture it if you will...I'm standing with my father outside of my parent's house and we're both looking at the trunk of the car but then I pulled him around to the side and he couldn't believe it...A STRETCH LIMO!!!

They've never been catered to so it was kind of a Birthday present for me just to see the look on my Dad's face...he was beaming! and he said..."You gotta be kidding me!" He looked like a kid at Christmas...

Too much fun. Like I said, that was like a birthday present for me...I'm kinda funny that way...I typically enjoy giving gifts even more than receiving them just for the look on the other person's face.

And could I BE any more off topic? I DON'T THINK SO.

I therefore submit myself to Royal Security for the punishment that is due me. Hopefully it will entail being forced to watch MacGyver for HOURS and HOURS. Just torture...

So to stay On Topic, here are my favorite Sam pictures for Season 8:

From New Order:

From Lockdown:

From Zero Hour:

From Icon:

From Avatar:

From Affinity:

From Covenant:

From Sacrifices:

From Endgame:

From Gemini:

From Prometheus Unbound:

From It's Good to be King: