No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People think I'm odd because I fly from England to Vancouver to go to Gatecon but it's so much more than a sci-fi convention for me and I don't think I could ever be ashamed of it no matter what people say. We raise money for chairity, you get to see old friends who you've gotten close to online and at other conventions and it's just a huge family vibe between the fans and the actors and actresses that go and they're so gratious and inspiring to meet and man really care about the fans, Amanda included.

I first met Amanda when I'd just turned 18 and she is an absolute sweetheart. She's so self deprecating and funny and just absolutely adorable and so inspiring to listen to. She's just so great to listen to talking about Stargate and Sam. She really cares about how Sam is portrayed and what the fans think and I think that's a wonderful thing and she's such an encouraging and inspirational lady too and a great role model. I met her again last year and she's still absolutely adorable. I don't think I could ever think otherwise.

If you get a chance to talk to her you should because I'm pretty sure you'll come away thinking just how lovely she is. There's something about her where you can just tell she's an absolute sweetheart. She's just naturally a very warm and caring lady and one of the most lovely actresses I've had the pleasure to meet.

Luce xxx

Comment

I posted this on the Sam thread but I'll post it here too as it's relevant as to why I think Amanda is deserving of the appreciation and support of the fans.

I first met Amanda when I'd just turned 18 and she is an absolute sweetheart. She's so self deprecating and funny and just absolutely adorable and so inspiring to listen to. She's just so great to listen to when she's talking about Stargate and Sam and life in general and I think it's wonderful how she plays a role in supporting women acting in Canada and it's kick ass that she directed for Stargate too and did such a great job. She's so versatile and talented in many areas.

She really cares about how Sam is portrayed and what the fans think and I think that's a wonderful thing. She always wants to stay true to the character, and she's such an encouraging and inspirational lady too and a great role model. I met her again last year and she's still absolutely adorable. I don't think I could ever think otherwise.

If you ever get a chance to talk to her at a convention you should because I'm pretty sure you'll come away thinking just how lovely she is. There's something about her where you can just tell she's an absolute sweetheart. She's just naturally a very warm and caring lady and one of the most lovely actresses I've had the pleasure to meet.

She is very beautiful too. In person it's just like wow! She really is pretty and she's so talented. Amanda's one of those actresses who can convey more emotion with just a facial expression than many others could by saying a whole page of dialogue and that truly is a special and unique gift. She brings life to Sam and emotion and heart and that's great. the characters is multi faceted and layered and Amanda truly shines in the role.

Overall Amandas an excllent lady and thats why I started this thread.

Luce xxx (who gets off her soap box and runs lol)

Comment

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
        Holy Hannah right back at ya! I didn't notice that the "previously on" SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
        opened with D & C. More subtle confirmation of J/S?
        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Subtle as a freight train....

For the powers that be, that was practically BLATANT...

I agree. When I first saw the opening of the 90-minute Threads, I lost my breath. As a shipper, I had been prepared for some type of S/J resolution. But I had not prepared myself to see the pinnacle of the shippiest episode ever which is the D&C confession. THAT set the stage for what TPTB wanted to explore in "Threads" with regards to Sam/Jack/Pete, IMO.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Yeah my husband gets a chuckle out of my recent Stargate interest *cough* obession. When I told him about the blue jello brigade and mentioned that I had only sent in five boxes of jello he got this big cheesy grin on his face and said

"Did you just hear yourself? You just said you only sent in five boxes of jello".

To which I replied, "What? That's not that many... some people sent in a dozen boxes."

He just shook his head and chuckled louder and then he said he thought it was great that I finally had a hobby to keep me entertained.

See. We're not crazy, we're just exercising unworked brain cells by using Stargate as a means to create wonderful stories, beautiful collages, inspiring poetry and mind-provoking in-depth discussions about Sam and Amanda.

If...and I stress if, participating in this creative process happens to be a little bit...I don't know...FUN...

What's a girl to do?
          The new Mantra of Samanda and dare I say official Royal Motto???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

sally hon, you win bonus points (cause i can't green ya) for your all sam s9. in fact, i should write a couple of those down, they're great plot bunnies

i can sympathize with the jello. you should have seen the look on the postal person's face when i filled out the custom form and wrote 'jello' in as the description.

i too feel that it was a bit of a slight not to have daniel see sam. especially since she too almost died in s6. i know it likely had a lot to do with actor availability and daniel appearing would have changed the focus of Meta, however, in broad general terms it seems to imply that daniel just didn't care when sam was dying.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              *sniff choke sob*

You ALWAYS put MajorSal, instead of Sam, lol.
              But I fixed it! Really! Went back and edited that 'L' into an 'M'. Really!
              Yeah my husband gets a chuckle out of my recent Stargate interest *cough* obession. When I told him about the blue jello brigade and mentioned that I had only sent in five boxes of jello he got this big cheesy grin on his face and said

"Did you just hear yourself? You just said you only sent in five boxes of jello".

To which I replied, "What? That's not that many... some people sent in a dozen boxes."

He just shook his head and chuckled louder and then he said he thought it was great that I finally had a hobby to keep me entertained.

See. We're not crazy, we're just exercising unworked brain cells by using Stargate as a means to create wonderful stories, beautiful collages, inspiring poetry and mind-provoking in-depth discussions about Sam and Amanda.

If...and I stress if, participating in this creative process happens to be a little bit...I don't know...FUN...

What's a girl to do?
              Wonderful echoes of Space Race, Kat!
              Originally posted by Coley
              This is brilliant - and blast my green jello bucket is still empty!!
              Thanks for posting it
              Good to see you Coley!
              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Weee! Post 800!

Umm, and so it's not totally a spam post () here's a pic of what I think Sam would do if she reached 800 posts

Congratulations on the big Eight-Oh-Oh, AD!
              Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              You know, I was just thinking about our "obsession" yesterday. I ordered tickets to Gatecon this week as soon as I heard that AT will be there, and somewhat sheepishly told a couple of friends that I was going to Vancouver to a Stargate convention. They were fine, but I was afraid that they'd think, oh boy, she's turning into one of "those people." You know, the kind that go to Star Trek cons and dress up as Spock or a Klingon. (of course these friends would probably think that a Klingon is a dryer sheet that got stuck to their blouse)

But then I thought about another friend who takes summer vacations to New York in order to see the Yankees play, and still another who has season tickets to the Broncos even though we live hundreds of miles away. All those sports fans aren't considered strange when they "obsess" over their teams. I figure that taking a vacation to a city where they happen to film my favorite show during a week when a group of other fans are also going to be there is similar to going to a game in another city to watch a favorite team play.

NC
              Great perspective, NC!
              LOL at Klingon dryer sheets!

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Sam/arharh.jpg
                Rofl MajorSam! Best. Sig. Ever.

*Snickers at Über*

*falls ded*

Haha, *snicker snicker*

Knew you'd like it

The fics coming along well
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

What's a girl to do?
                  RLOL ....your hubby is cool .....I haven't told my hubby that I mailed three letters. I didn't actually send jello boxes but printed pics and pasted them on my letter. I think he wold really start wondering about my sanity if I did sent boxes of jello

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    That's a lot of interesting information. I'm disappointed that we're never going to see the deleted scenes, but the bloopers extra disc sounds fine and fun.

As for Threads, I've never seen the 60 min version and I hope I won't. From what you all told, there are lots of important stuff missing in the shorter version . I heard that they also cut
                    Spoiler:
                    some scenes of the Jaffa rebellion, including the one of their final victory.
                    Could you confirm that ?
                    I watched the 60 min version last night .... and I was very disappointed by it. And I had to tape it too cause the 90 minute taping I did never happened. It was the night my machine decided to go on strike. weeps

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, N John Smith, Andy Miktia, & Martin Wood were all asked in Vancouver about the possiblilty of deleted scenes, out takes, and 'director's cuts' of episodes ever being released on DVD. They all said it would not happen. One of the reasons given was the fact that most of the deleted scenes are not in a finished state and that due to the quality of a lot of that film it is not very flattering to the actors and therefore they will not release that footage.

However they did say they have a very long blooper reel that N. John Smith started collecting the first season. He did say that some of that will hopefully make it on a DVD one day as a extra special disc. Martin joked that it would be a good thing to release with the Season 10 DVD's.

As for the 60 min version of Threads - They talked about how Threads was directed by Andy Mikita and how Andy is known for doing long episodes with lots of extra footage. When he cut it down to fit in the 60 min. program spot they were not happy with the final product so it was decided to make a 90 min. & 60 min version knowing that the 90 min would be on the DVD and then hope that SciFi would give them the go to run the 90 min version at least once. Because of how a 90 min time slot messes up the whole evenings program guide they knew that if SciFi did show the 90 min version then on the repeat it would probably be the 60 min version. Plus when season 8 goes into syndication it will be the 60 min version that is shown.
                      oooohhhh , I would so buy that BLOOPER when it came out. Would be the first one to sign up

Comment

What's a girl to do?
                        What are you going to do next year ? Kick butt ???? or building a naquadah reactor ??? or riding your bike ???

Don't we all love Sam's way of having fun ?
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Weee! Post 800!

Umm, and so it's not totally a spam post () here's a pic of what I think Sam would do if she reached 800 posts

LOL !

Congrats for your 800th post Agent Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            You know, the kind that go to Star Trek cons and dress up as Spock or a Klingon. (of course these friends would probably think that a Klingon is a dryer sheet that got stuck to their blouse)
                            There's an joke in there. But I don't understand it. Could someone care to explain it to me ?

Comment

klingon

cling on

dryer sheets are made to stop static cling
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                klingon

cling on

dryer sheets are made to stop static cling
                                Thanks ! I got it. That's the trouble you get when you've never seen any episode of Star Trek.

Comment

Working...
                                X