Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    OK, for those who truly care *UBER* I've mailed my blue jello along with my original letter. I couldn't find Chopin Gal's jello poem to add to my package so I sent a poem I posted eons ago instead.

A Stargate Prayer

Our writers, who art in Vancouver,

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

on camera as it was on paper.

Give us this day our glorious Sam.

And forgive her of past transgressions

As we forgive those who decry against her

And lead her not into oblivion,

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

awesome prayer ..... should be made to anthem

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      I was bored, so I've been playing with some pictures and that's what I got .

It only expresses my greatest wish for season 9, a wonderful 100,000 volts Sam smile.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...smilesmall.jpg
      love collage smiles of SC/AT ....thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        I just finished watching the 60-minute version of Threads. I am sooooooo glad we got the 90-minute version at least once!!! Most of what seemed to be missing was Sam's character development. S8 "Threads
        Spoiler:
        I mean, why have Sam go through the whole "relationship" fiasco if important scenes are left out IMO?

Missing scenes:

Sam gets phone call from Pete while she is in conference meeting. "Chevron Guy" interrupting the meeting so Sam could take a phone call from Pete. The awkward moments while she was on the phone. Jacob digging at Sam about the wedding plans and the "Go pick flowers" line from Jack.

While Sam and Pete were driving, Pete showing more insecurity about Sam's job, and Sam lost in thought and trying to talk herself into the wedding.

Sam sitting in her car outside Jack's house before talking to him.

All these scenes helped show Sam's internal conflict over Pete and Jack, and it gave depth to Sam's "do-I-really-love-Pete-or-am-I-with-him-to-escape-my-true-feelings-because-I-am-scared-to-face-the-truth" dilemma.

Thankfully we didn't have to see Kerry in Jack's bed; however, I always like to see Jack half-naked.

I'm interested to read what everyone else thinks of the 60-minute version. I just hope we get the 90-minute in the DVD set.
        I just finished watching the 60 minute and I was saddened. I wanted the 90 minutes because I was taping it for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

I just found a BRILLIANT, imo, Replicarter Vid!!!!!

http://www.stargate-mv.de/

Go to Musik Vids, then the top one, that says replicarter... lol.

I remember now why I want Amanda to do more evil!Roles... she's SOOO good at it!!!!

I WANT REPLICARTER BAAACK
          I've seen that vid too - it's great!
          In addition to Amanda's awesome evilness, possibly the only thing better than Sam Carter, is an evil Sam Carter!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            MORE THREADS STUFF>>>

I was sitting there with baited breath for the cellphone/"Go pick flowers" scene and the "Dog?" scene....

The look on Sam's face when her cellphone went off was priceless...and her reaction to Jacob openly teasing her...I rewound that scene several times to see her fumble her response to Jack and glare at Dad.

And the car/house scene cemented Sam's thinking...

JMHO...it just wasn't as good an episode without those extra scenes!
            I totally agree it wasn't as good as the original 90 minutes. I hope in the future they show the 90 minutes again on tv.

Comment

Hey everyone...

GUESS WHAT!?!??

I am currently, for the first time ever, trying out BLUE JELLO! *insert crowd gasp here*

With all the Blue Jello Week and such, I figured it's high time to see what Sam's fuss is about!

For someone who generally detests jello and is sickened by it... it's not too shabby!!!!
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Here's a fic rec for a good story with a strong, *competent* Colonel Sam Carter... also has Sam-whump... and lots of angst... and action/adventure... and J/S ship - my apologies to those who aren't comfortable with that slant - but the solid, competent Sam makes this story well worth reading. Warning, however, the story is not finished yet - but it's already up to 18 chapters and over 65,000 words. Code of Honor

The fic also has Sam as the Hand Signal Person in Command... as well as good friendship/comradeship between Jack and Daniel, and Teal'c and Sam, and Daniel and Sam... and a good look at the struggle to 'never leave anyone behind'... good Daniel angst, good Teal'c angst, good Jack angst. Also touches on 'dealing with the aftermath of torture' - and relates to Sam's torture by Fifth.

I remember now why I want Amanda to do more evil!Roles... she's SOOO good at it!!!!

Very good video - set to dramatic and effective music.
                Thanks for the recommendation - and the link, MajorSaM.
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 17 June 2005, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Subtle as a freight train....

For the powers that be, that was practically BLATANT...

Maybe they really are sending us subliminal messages! Maybe they're really on our side!

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                  My family AND my friends KNOW I'm crazy now! They don't think I'm acting age appropriate.

Congrats from me also, Uber on 1300 posts!
                  As Sam said, "Welcome to MY world!"

Hubby now says, "You see the world through Stargate glasses."

I don't think he really means it as a compliment, but I choose to take it as one!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Here's a fic rec for a good story with a strong, *competent* Colonel Sam Carter... also has Sam-whump... and lots of angst... and action/adventure... and J/S ship - my apologies to those who aren't comfortable with that slant - but the solid, competent Sam makes this story well worth reading. Warning, however, the story is not finished yet - but it's already up to 18 chapters and over 65,000 words. Very good video - set to dramatic and effective music.
                    Thanks for the recommendation - and the link, MajorSal.
                    Err GotLink?
                    And I believe it was MajorSam that posted the Video rec too...

/me gives Astro some blue jello to help her remember

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Err GotLink?
                      And I believe it was MajorSam that posted the Video rec too...

/me gives Astro some blue jello to help her remember
                      Erk! I am such a doof sometimes! Just like sending an email with an attachment...but not sending the attachment... I post a link to a fic rec...without the link! Oy!

OK... *drum roll*... here's the link
                      Code Of Honor
                      (and just a reminder to AD... this fic has J/S ship - but the competent Sam in command of SG-1 is *great*)

Edited to add: And thanks, AD, for the hit of blue jello - I needed it!

Comment

Erk! I am such a doof sometimes! Just like sending an email with an attachment...but not sending the attachment... I post a link to a fic rec...without the link! Oy!

*sniff choke sob*

You ALWAYS put MajorSal, instead of Sam, lol.
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Great vid! Thanks for posting the link. The intense music was a perfect match for Evil Carter. I miss Replicarter, too!

Comment

OK... *drum roll*... here's the link
                            Code Of Honor
                            (and just a reminder to AD... this fic has J/S ship - but the competent Sam in command of SG-1 is *great*)

Edited to add: And thanks, AD, for the hit of blue jello - I needed it!
                            lol, I've stocked up recently on lots of Sam/Other fic, so I should be able to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              I seem to remember playing this game before...

There is only one logical reason (imo) why Sam is absent for the start of season 9 - She's off on Dagobah training to be a Jedi with Yoda

And her new psychic powers come in handy when fighting the Ori.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I've been thinking about this alot lately...especially now that I have season 3-7 on DVD...

And as much as I LOVE the audio commentaries, they drive me nuts because they'll go on about scenes that were cut and outtakes that were just so funny...in a "too bad YOU'LL never see it" kinda way...

And then there's the Director's Cuts. This really hit home while watching the Full Circle audio commentary...when they were talking about a great scene between Sam and Daniel that was in the original Director's Cut but they had to cut it out because of time...

AND THEN watching Threads tonight...the 1 hour version was just horrible for me to watch because they left out what for me were some of the very scenes that added depth to Sam's decision-making process.

So...the short version of the above would be...ME TOO.

If there's a missing scene that really is missing is this one between Sam and Daniel in Full Circle . I mean, Daniel spent time with both Jack and Teal'c during his ascension, why wouldn't they show at least a great reunion scene with Sam ? I felt like our poor Sam was kept out of the boys' club in Full Circle . It really hurt. But the funny part is that when later Sam "opens" the secret door in the secret chamber I think she's venting all her frustration and anger towards Daniel. I wonder if this scene would have the same impact on me if there were the "big greating scene".
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X