• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    no posts in SIX hours???

we can't have that

ok, how about a discussion

forget all the spoilers you've read. none of them are 'real'

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?

have fun, make up your own scenario

what would be enough to make sam quit/resign/take a vacation

did she do it voluntarily or did she go missing??

what would it take or how would you explain it if you had to create a reason for sam to leave teh sgc for a few months

Sam is, as many said, taking care of family business. She would naturally be spending time with Cassie, perhaps settling her college (or even Air Force Academy ) entry. Then she also would be with her brother and his family, renewing their bond in the wake of Jacob's death. Putting her feet back on terra firma, for a while.

But (and there always is!) I can't see her completely shed of the SGC. When at home, Sam's in touch with Sgt. Siler for tech updates; Walter for computer/gate stuff, and (BIG and) consulting on the new generation space ships. And ripping up science fiction videos with Cassie. Way busy, and glad to be.

Then, there's "fishing" with Jack, although she would share most of these moments with Cassie for the time being. I predict her time spent with Jack will be mostly platonic; just being off duty together is a pretty big step itself. Breaking the rules completely may need more time. (Not a lot, but more)
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

OK...this is OT (RE Sam)... but is anyone else getting this annoying banner at the top of the GW forum page... it's annoying because it's playing a Macromedia Flash 'ad' with sounds - the sounds of Star Wars ships (which shouldn't make any noise in space btw) - along with the sounds of the weapons fire (which, again, should make no noise in space)... and I can find no way to turn off the sound (other than turning the volume down on my speakers.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      Here is another idea as to where Sam is and why she doesn’t immediately rejoin SG-1. Now this my be reaching but here goes …Reckoning spoiler
      Spoiler:
      At the end of Reckoning 2 the Replicator Carter who was probing Daniel’s mind at the time escaped instead of died. She was after all probing Daniel’s mind for ancient knowledge he held. She knew about the device that would destroy her, so I am assuming she also knew how to escape the device. She is a machine and therefore, the mere seconds it took for her to realize the device had been activate she transported herself out of there before she was killed.

Sam some how finds out her evil twin is alive and can’t ask for help (or no one is there, because they have all scattered through out) so she sets out on her own to destroy her twin once & for all. RC of course has surprises waiting for her, but one Sam wasn't expecting.
      The team finally does get wind of Sam’s private war and come to assist her including General O’Neill. Well what do you think?
      Great idea, ann_sgcfan! And *Sam* ultimately kicks RC's repilcated butt and/or simply outsmarts her
      Originally posted by Lys
      I was bored, so I've been playing with some pictures and that's what I got .

It only expresses my greatest wish for season 9, a wonderful 100,000 volts Sam smile.

What wonderful smiles, Lys! Beautiful collage!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        no posts in SIX hours???

we can't have that

ok, how about a discussion

forget all the spoilers you've read. none of them are 'real'

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?

have fun, make up your own scenario

what would be enough to make sam quit/resign/take a vacation

did she do it voluntarily or did she go missing??

what would it take or how would you explain it if you had to create a reason for sam to leave teh sgc for a few months
        I seem to remember playing this game before...

There is only one logical reason (imo) why Sam is absent for the start of season 9 - She's off on Dagobah training to be a Jedi with Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I seem to remember playing this game before...

There is only one logical reason (imo) why Sam is absent for the start of season 9 - She's off on Dagobah training to be a Jedi with Yoda

One of my favorite ideas for explaining Sam's absence, AD!

---

And just a note: I got rid of the annoying StarWarsian ad (and it's sounds) by simply refresing the page (which brought up another ad in that space - but at least it's an ad with no sound!)

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            OK...this is OT (RE Sam)... but is anyone else getting this annoying banner at the top of the GW forum page... it's annoying because it's playing a Macromedia Flash 'ad' with sounds - the sounds of Star Wars ships (which shouldn't make any noise in space btw) - along with the sounds of the weapons fire (which, again, should make no noise in space)... and I can find no way to turn off the sound (other than turning the volume down on my speakers.
            I could have sworn GateWorld said they wouldn't be putting any flash adds up the top of the page... o.O
            Oh well, Firefox's built in addblocker takes care of that for me Astro, if you're still using IE, I'd suggest switching to Firefox
            If anyone is using Firefox, i'd reccomend getting the Addblock extension - very very handy

Comment

Interestingly enough, Daniel/Oma scenes seemed to remain intact.

I think they could have used more Teal'c stuff, you know, just to even it out between the four of them, but as long as the boxed set has every single minute that was originally aired on SciFi, I'll be happy.

And, yes, thank the Lord for Tivo! (I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would say that...)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Pardon me, but.....

Why the #$%^^&* did they edit Threads down to an hour? It's a "rerun." You're supposed to "re-run" it!!!!!!!

Which leads me to ask: what's going to be on the boxed set?

(Pardon me, but I'm a little hot under the collar right now....and I have to go tell Sci Fi what I think!)
                I'd worried that they'd do it to us back a few months ago when it was 'first run' in the UK and some posters in other countries mentioned how they were getting the 60 minute version right off the bat (wasn't Canada one of them?). I can understand cutting Sha're's full frontal nudity out of CotG and a stronger curse word or two from an ep or two... but all that from this episode that's supposed to wrap a few years worth of story lines in a half an episode? And a full years worth of major changes for Sam in that half? IMOHO it seems to smack of Chimera - and I don't mean the romance part - I mean the fact they smashed an "A" story line involving Daniel/Sarah with a poor "B" arc (Sam/Pete), all in one hour where D/S should have been the whole show with a *minor* B plot interwoven and where Sam/Pete could have been sprinkled here and there in other eps instead of railroaded into 5 mintues of one show. Hmmm.... okay maybe that's not a good comparison, because here, everything that they tried to squish into one ep deserved to be the "A" arc in its own ep.....

Oh well. Let me shut up. *shakes head* I love Sam's character, I just detest some of the things TPTB have done to her mythology in writing her character this past season, and how the miracle of bad editing will just make her seem worse to those who already dislike the character.

*crosses fingers* Hopefully AT's wonderful acting will offset the *coughs* so-so writing of her character in the upcoming season...
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  I was bored, so I've been playing with some pictures and that's what I got .

It only expresses my greatest wish for season 9, a wonderful 100,000 volts Sam smile.

Wow, great pic. Did I mention that Smiling!Sam is hot?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Pardon me, but.....

Why the #$%^^&* did they edit Threads down to an hour? It's a "rerun." You're supposed to "re-run" it!!!!!!!

Which leads me to ask: what's going to be on the boxed set?

(Pardon me, but I'm a little hot under the collar right now....and I have to go tell Sci Fi what I think!)
                    I can almost guarantee that the DVD's will have the 90min version. It's perfectly understandable that they would only show the 45min version in a re-run - Stargate has an hour timeslot in their programming and a two hour slot would mess up their schedule
                    And at least you were able to see the 90min version in the first place. Down here in Aus there was no way they would have mucked up their scheduling to show an extended episode, so we only got the 45min version (of course, the Internet provided me with another means... )

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      I'd worried that they'd do it to us back a few months ago when it was 'first run' in the UK and some posters in other countries mentioned how they were getting the 60 minute version right off the bat (wasn't Canada one of them?). I can understand cutting Sha're's full frontal nudity out of CotG and a stronger curse word or two from an ep or two... but all that from this episode that's supposed to wrap a few years worth of story lines in a half an episode? And a full years worth of major changes for Sam in that half? IMOHO it seems to smack of Chimera - and I don't mean the romance part - I mean the fact they smashed an "A" story line involving Daniel/Sarah with a poor "B" arc (Sam/Pete), all in one hour where D/S should have been the whole show with a *minor* B plot interwoven and where Sam/Pete could have been sprinkled here and there in other eps instead of railroaded into 5 mintues of one show. Hmmm.... okay maybe that's not a good comparison, because here, everything that they tried to squish into one ep deserved to be the "A" arc in its own ep.....
                      You're soooo right!! It is amazing what bad editing can do not to mention sloppy writing.
                      Oh well. Let me shut up. *shakes head* I love Sam's character, I just detest some of the things TPTB have done to her mythology in writing her character this past season, and how the miracle of bad editing will just make her seem worse to those who already dislike the character.

*crosses fingers* Hopefully AT's wonderful acting will offset the *coughs* so-so writing of her character in the upcoming season...
                      S8 "Threads"
                      Spoiler:
                      Without the missing scenes, there was no "visual" reason for Sam to break up with Pete except for the "Always" comment.
                      For those who have been judging Sam harshly the past couple of years, it gives more fuel to the "Sam-is-wishy-washy" and "Sam-is-pining-over-Jack" arguments.

I'm ready to see Sam in all her glory when she returns!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Sky! Have you written any new fics!
                        i'm working on one that is literally something unique, at least not something that i've ever seen in this fandom before. more info in a few days/a week. i need to get it back from beta and put it up

current fic i'm about to post 'from perdition's flame' on the lists this weekend. It was in a zine last year and nominated for the FanQ awards at Media west. which was pretty cool even though it didn't win

it's set season 1,2 and is based off the idea of 'what if hathor had taken sam with her' in Hathor

some sam whumpage and angst
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

IMOHO it seems to smack of Chimera - and I don't mean the romance part - I mean the fact they smashed an "A" story line involving Daniel/Sarah with a poor "B" arc (Sam/Pete), all in one hour where D/S should have been the whole show with a *minor* B plot interwoven and where Sam/Pete could have been sprinkled here and there in other eps instead of railroaded into 5 mintues of one show. Hmmm.... okay maybe that's not a good comparison, because here, everything that they tried to squish into one ep deserved to be the "A" arc in its own ep.....

ss, i want to reply to this part, so i'm c/ping this over to the shipper thread.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            You're soooo right!! It is amazing what bad editing can do not to mention sloppy writing.

S8 "Threads"
                            Spoiler:
                            Without the missing scenes, there was no "visual" reason for Sam to break up with Pete except for the "Always" comment.
                            For those who have been judging Sam harshly the past couple of years, it gives more fuel to the "Sam-is-wishy-washy" and "Sam-is-pining-over-Jack" arguments.

I'm ready to see Sam in all her glory when she returns!!!!

i would LOVE to see sam kicking bootie in s9
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting this Token. I just got home from taking my parents out to dinner & when I'd checked GW's main page earlier to day to see what was on tonight it showed each of the tonight's episodes playing for 60 minutes. And knowing full well Threads had *not* been intended to be 60 I dreaded the thought of which scenes they'd likely cut. The whole ep was packed with so much already, too much actually, that to cut any piece of it out would be to mess with a part of the story.

Besides turning the now extra footage into a DVD feature to see more DVD's - why did they go to all the bother of filming the 90 minute ep and actually showing it here in the States if they weren't going to ever show it again??? I know there were alot of questions the 90 minute show didn't answer.... what had made Sam reach the point of seriously questioning her ship with Pete when we'd barely heard a peep from him for most of the season? What made Pete give her a lukewarm shrug when she broke up with him, especially after he'd rearranged his life for her? What all else did (and didn't) Sam say to her Dad on his deathbed? Even the Kerry in Jack's bed scene needed to be there to show he was moving on/having a life...

Glad I missed it & don't plan to watch it again until they show the 90 minute ep again. If ever.

(((Token)))
                              As someone who worked in broadcasting for more than two decades, I've just never seen a "rerun" of a first-run series edited for its second showing. It feels like censorship to me (although I know it isn't). It's just weird and hinky, and in all my years in the industry, I've never EVER seen that done before. I guess there's a first time for everything. I saw the listing on the GW home page that indicated a one hour ep, but since very few new stories have been added this week, I just figured Darren was extra busy and hadn't changed it.

I fired off an e-mail to Sci-Fi asking them to consider showing Threads in its 90-minute version during the SG-1 marathon the week before premiere (July 7, I think). I hope more viewers will too. Actually, I'd really rather see the two-hour version with the scene between Jack and Jacob, but that has never aired anywhere.

I haven't been this angry since I stopped visiting JM's thread! So, I apologize to all for my outburst a few posts back.

Comment

HOLY HANNAH!!!!! I can't believe I missed such an important part of the 60-revision!!!

I was watching the beginning of the second broadcast....WHAT?? Doesn't everyone watch it twice??? Anyway, here is the part missing S8 "Threads"
                                Spoiler:
                                The "previously on" opening starting with the "Divide & Conquer" confession scene and the subsequent scenes from "Grace", "Chimera", and "Affinity" that develop the Sam/Jack/Pete triangle (ugh!). Also missing was the Daniel/Oma/Anubis scenes from "Full Circle" and "Revelations". Also missing was the whole Ba'al and Anubis scene about Anubis confronting Ba'al about Ba'al's betrayal of Anubis, and Anubis revealing his plan to destroy all life in the galaxy.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X