Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeromathlete
    Thanks for the link. Though I am sorely missing Sam in those promos. It'll be great to have our girl back in action, but Avalon looks very visually appealing. And I'm not just talking about Ben Browder.
    Thanks to everyone who participated or will be participating in Blue Jello Week *YOU STILL HAVE TIME*!!!!

I got a fun email from New Zealand from another AT/Sam fan from a completely different forum...and it was really neat to see how people from all over the world are joining in on the fun!

For those of you who still wish to participate, send your note and/or Blue Jello to Brad Wright at:

The Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

Attention: Brad Wright

And then email me at [email protected] to let me know you've participated!

MajorSam got an email from another participant that included a picture of the Blue Jello they were sending to Brad Wright...12 boxes...that's 2 more than I sent!!!

Dangit...I've been OUTBLUED!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Thanks to everyone who participated or will be participating in Blue Jello Week *YOU STILL HAVE TIME*!!!!

I got a fun email from New Zealand from another AT/Sam fan from a completely different forum...and it was really neat to see how people from all over the world are joining in on the fun!

For those of you who still wish to participate, send your note and/or Blue Jello to Brad Wright at:

The Bridge Studios
      2400 Boundary Road
      Burnaby, BC
      V5M 3Z3
      Canada

Attention: Brad Wright

And then email me at [email protected] to let me know you've participated!

MajorSam got an email from another participant that included a picture of the Blue Jello they were sending to Brad Wright...12 boxes...that's 2 more than I sent!!!

Dangit...I've been OUTBLUED!!!!

That's hilarious, Uber! I was wondering how blue jello week was going. How many different forums are involved? And roughly how many people, would you say, have participated?

Also... how did the syfyportal awards go?

Comment

I was bored, so I've been playing with some pictures and that's what I got .

It only expresses my greatest wish for season 9, a wonderful 100,000 volts Sam smile.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          OK, for those who truly care *UBER* I've mailed my blue jello along with my original letter. I couldn't find Chopin Gal's jello poem to add to my package so I sent a poem I posted eons ago instead.

A Stargate Prayer

Our writers, who art in Vancouver,

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

on camera as it was on paper.

Give us this day our glorious Sam.

And forgive her of past transgressions

As we forgive those who decry against her

And lead her not into oblivion,

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

That's so beautiful ! Thanks for sharing ForeverSg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            no posts in SIX hours???

we can't have that

ok, how about a discussion

forget all the spoilers you've read. none of them are 'real'

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?

have fun, make up your own scenario

what would be enough to make sam quit/resign/take a vacation

did she do it voluntarily or did she go missing??

what would it take or how would you explain it if you had to create a reason for sam to leave teh sgc for a few months
            I know the shippers are going to yell at me very badly but,
            Spoiler:
            when Jack told Sam that she had some packing to do
            I understood that she was leaving with the Daedalus for Atlantis. Sam would be thrilled by the experience:a really big journey on a really big ship powered with a ZPM, not to mention all the new technology she would find on Atlantis. And Sam is the queen for connecting alien computers to ours. She'd love to improve the Daedalus with all the Ancient stuff found on Atlantis. Not to mention that she would kick Wraith asses !
            What can I say ? I love Sam when she's all technobabble and when she kicks ass.

Comment

In regards to what Sky suggested:

I really like the idea of Sam going away for a few months to (a) work on the Daedalus (sp?); (b) work at Area 52; (c) spend some much-needed time with Cassie; and (d) hang out with Jack a little bit... just a little bit!

To me, it's the perfect combination of workaholic/scientist/soldier Sam and woman/maternal figure/friend/fill-in-the-blank Sam.

There are some things that were never quite settled for Cassie, I think, and we're only left to assume how Sam handled it. As someone already pointed out, the fic, "Bring on the Rain" did an excellent job of addressing that issue!

I think the only thing that would keep Sam away from the SGC and the Air Force is an alternate reality. In an alternate reality, her life may have been devoted to a marriage, or raising a family, or teaching. However, with how far she's gone in this reality in regards to her relationship with SG-1 and what they've all had to sacrifice, something absolutely awful (akin to a MajorSam fic ) would have to a happen to her for Sam to move on, I think - something like career-altering torture.

And I think, in some ways, Sam could have been truly fulfilled by a husband and kids, IN ADDITION to her relationship with SG-1 and their fight with the Goa'uld baddies. If they had, perhaps, sparked something earlier on in the series... well... she wouldn't be the same Sam she is today, I suppose! She probably wouldn't be as full hardy and reckless about her own well-being, if there was a family waiting for her back home. She made that perfectly clear in "Affinity" (to J/S shippers: aka "the second episode which shall never be named," heh heh ). Still, it definitely would have added an edge to her character, if she was living every day with the knowledge that it could be her last with her husband and child(ren).

So, barring any horrendous torture methods a la Ba'al or children, I think Sam will be a part of the SGC in some capacity for as long as she lives, even if it's in a civilian capacity.

Sky! Have you written any new fics!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                no posts in SIX hours???

we can't have that

ok, how about a discussion

forget all the spoilers you've read. none of them are 'real'

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?

have fun, make up your own scenario

what would be enough to make sam quit/resign/take a vacation

did she do it voluntarily or did she go missing??

what would it take or how would you explain it if you had to create a reason for sam to leave teh sgc for a few months
                i can't answer; it all comes out shippy!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i can't answer; it all comes out shippy!

sally

Just let it all out, Sally. Don't hold anything back. I'm sure no one will hold it against you!

Comment

I just finished watching the 60-minute version of Threads. I am sooooooo glad we got the 90-minute version at least once!!! Most of what seemed to be missing was Sam's character development. S8 "Threads
                    Spoiler:
                    I mean, why have Sam go through the whole "relationship" fiasco if important scenes are left out IMO?

Missing scenes:

Sam gets phone call from Pete while she is in conference meeting. "Chevron Guy" interrupting the meeting so Sam could take a phone call from Pete. The awkward moments while she was on the phone. Jacob digging at Sam about the wedding plans and the "Go pick flowers" line from Jack.

While Sam and Pete were driving, Pete showing more insecurity about Sam's job, and Sam lost in thought and trying to talk herself into the wedding.

Sam sitting in her car outside Jack's house before talking to him.

All these scenes helped show Sam's internal conflict over Pete and Jack, and it gave depth to Sam's "do-I-really-love-Pete-or-am-I-with-him-to-escape-my-true-feelings-because-I-am-scared-to-face-the-truth" dilemma.

Thankfully we didn't have to see Kerry in Jack's bed; however, I always like to see Jack half-naked.

I'm interested to read what everyone else thinks of the 60-minute version. I just hope we get the 90-minute in the DVD set.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Just let it all out, Sally. Don't hold anything back. I'm sure no one will hold it against you!
                      well, i'll 'let it out' *tweaks brows* on the more appropriate s/j ship thread.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        I just finished watching the 60-minute version of Threads. I am sooooooo glad we got the 90-minute version at least once!!! Most of what seemed to be missing was Sam's character development. S8 "Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        I mean, why have Sam go through the whole "relationship" fiasco if important scenes are left out IMO?

Missing scenes:

Sam gets phone call from Pete while she is in conference meeting. "Chevron Guy" interrupting the meeting so Sam could take a phone call from Pete. The awkward moments while she was on the phone. Jacob digging at Sam about the wedding plans and the "Go pick flowers" line from Jack.

While Sam and Pete were driving, Pete showing more insecurity about Sam's job, and Sam lost in thought and trying to talk herself into the wedding.

All these scenes helped show Sam's internal conflict over Pete and Jack, and it gave depth to Sam's "do-I-really-love-Pete-or-am-I-with-him-to-escape-my-true-feelings-because-I-am-scared-to-face-the-truth" dilemma.

Thankfully we didn't have to see Kerry in Jack's bed; however, I always like to see Jack half-naked.

I'm interested to read what everyone else thinks of the 60-minute version. I just hope we get the 90-minute in the DVD set.
                        Thanks for posting this Token. I just got home from taking my parents out to dinner & when I'd checked GW's main page earlier to day to see what was on tonight it showed each of the tonight's episodes playing for 60 minutes. And knowing full well Threads had *not* been intended to be 60 I dreaded the thought of which scenes they'd likely cut. The whole ep was packed with so much already, too much actually, that to cut any piece of it out would be to mess with a part of the story.

Besides turning the now extra footage into a DVD feature to see more DVD's - why did they go to all the bother of filming the 90 minute ep and actually showing it here in the States if they weren't going to ever show it again??? I know there were alot of questions the 90 minute show didn't answer.... what had made Sam reach the point of seriously questioning her ship with Pete when we'd barely heard a peep from him for most of the season? What made Pete give her a lukewarm shrug when she broke up with him, especially after he'd rearranged his life for her? What all else did (and didn't) Sam say to her Dad on his deathbed? Even the Kerry in Jack's bed scene needed to be there to show he was moving on/having a life...

Glad I missed it & don't plan to watch it again until they show the 90 minute ep again. If ever.

(((Token)))
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Pardon me, but.....

Why the #$%^^&* did they edit Threads down to an hour? It's a "rerun." You're supposed to "re-run" it!!!!!!!

Which leads me to ask: what's going to be on the boxed set?

(Pardon me, but I'm a little hot under the collar right now....and I have to go tell Sci Fi what I think!)

Comment

Spoiler:

Missing scenes:

MORE THREADS STUFF>>>

I was sitting there with baited breath for the cellphone/"Go pick flowers" scene and the "Dog?" scene....

The look on Sam's face when her cellphone went off was priceless...and her reaction to Jacob openly teasing her...I rewound that scene several times to see her fumble her response to Jack and glare at Dad.

And the car/house scene cemented Sam's thinking...

JMHO...it just wasn't as good an episode without those extra scenes!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

Missing scenes:

i hope some of those cuts happened with the other characters too!

Spoiler:
                              pulling away from my own shippy feelings, i think it was important to show sam struggling with her decisions. these scenes weren't monumental to sam's personal life arc, but they helped to show the depth of what sam was going through.

man am i glad i taped the 90 minute version! (man am i glad scifi/comcast LET me!)

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Of course she's been "decompressing" with Jack during her off time (although I've never heard it called THAT)!!! And that's whether the producers admit it or not! I agree completely, Shimmering Star!
                                <snip>
                                I didn't mean decompressing that way! (For once!) I really did mean conversation; talking and sharing it with Jack to get all that out of her system. ('Course anything that just happened on the side would be a *bonus*! ) As Jack'd lost a good friend in Jacob too, I could have seen it be good therapy for both of them.

But after reading some responses today ... even though MOHO is that after 8 years of non-stop suppression of emotions she did finally need to take some time off to muse about which direction her life should now move in, I guess just like some other posters, I can also see her just leaping straight into the next project head first, pushing any introspection onto the backburner, thinking she can cry over spilled milk some other time, like she'd done countless times in the past. I'd hope between the time Jacob passed and the last episode that she'd have had a bit of time to think about it on her own, but I guess with all that happened to her in the past year and especially the loss of her father, I'd have hoped she would have a eensie-weensie bit of intropspection on her own, without having to have another crisis bring about a catharsis....
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X