No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, for those who truly care *UBER* I've mailed my blue jello along with my original letter. I couldn't find Chopin Gal's jello poem to add to my package so I sent a poem I posted eons ago instead.

A Stargate Prayer

Our writers, who art in Vancouver,

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

on camera as it was on paper.

Give us this day our glorious Sam.

And forgive her of past transgressions

As we forgive those who decry against her

And lead her not into oblivion,

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      Now a *creative one*…. (my disclaimer: I am an S/J shipper…) Time off from the prying eyes around base to explore further her relationship with Jack. She finally said “Neither of us are getting any younger, screw the regs, let me go see if there really is something there to build on.” And with their known enemies seemingly neutralized, ain’t no time like the present time to do it. So lots and lots of fishing…. And talking… because I still think she’d need time to decompress (see earlier paragraphs) and someone she trusted very much to do it with.
      Of course she's been "decompressing" with Jack during her off time (although I've never heard it called THAT)!!! And that's whether the producers admit it or not! I agree completely, Shimmering Star!
      Originally posted by Skydiver
      area 52 is a slash archive...and it's chock full of adult fic featuring folks of the same gender

area 51 is nellis air force base located just outside las vegas nevada
      Actually, I've been referring to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex as Area 52 for sometime.....since they have that top secret operation there......

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        OK, for those who truly care *UBER* I've mailed my blue jello along with my original letter. I couldn't find Chopin Gal's jello poem to add to my package so I sent a poem I posted eons ago instead.

A Stargate Prayer

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

LOVE the The Stargate Prayer! It's interesting you originally posted it eons ago...and everything it says is still true. That must mean it's time for the leadership verse to kick in just about now!

Comment

For those that like spoilers Stargate-Project a German site has released more new pictures from Season 9 including the first one of O'Neill you can go check them out here Avalon Part 1 Avalon Part 2
          The information on the site is in German so if you want to read it you can use something like this Google Translation to translate the page.

They also have some great new pictures from Season 2 of Atlantis.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

A Stargate Prayer

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

LOL! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...

Hugs,
            Strix

My LJ

Comment

A Stargate Prayer

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

AMEN ! and so true...
              I'll say your prayer every night just before going to bed

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Of course she's been "decompressing" with Jack during her off time (although I've never heard it called THAT)!!! And that's whether the producers admit it or not! I agree completely, Shimmering Star!

Actually, I've been referring to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex as Area 52 for sometime.....since they have that top secret operation there......
                true. and i think at some point or on some site, they did call cheyenne mountain area 52
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Some people have some lovely imaginative ideas .
                  I'm just so lucky I get to read them all here.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    Well…. the motorcycle was in desperate need of a good lube job and she knew the only way it was going to get done was to take a leave of absence.

LOL! Just kidding… No… forgetting the alternate timeline issues brought up by the last show & ignoring spoilers, as far as a plausible explanation, I would think it would be entirely appropriate for Sam to take off a short leave of absence to come to terms with the loss of her father. She’d finally been able to get closer to him than she’d ever been and now he was gone.

And the accumulated emotional baggage from the hard-driving pace they’d kept up the past 8 years, not to mention all of the other major changes that had occurred in her life the past year. A long breather would be understandable. She’d had so much to come to terms with: Janet’s death, her father’s, trying to help Cassie deal with the changes in her own life, the ups and downs of trying to have a ‘normal’ relationship with Pete, her promotion to colonel, the challenges of commanding a team, Replicator-style torture, not to mention all the other run-of-the-mill hazards of the job…

Now a *creative one*…. (my disclaimer: I am an S/J shipper…) Time off from the prying eyes around base to explore further her relationship with Jack. She finally said “Neither of us are getting any younger, screw the regs, let me go see if there really is something there to build on.” And with their known enemies seemingly neutralized, ain’t no time like the present time to do it. So lots and lots of fishing…. And talking… because I still think she’d need time to decompress (see earlier paragraphs) and someone she trusted very much to do it with.
                    I agree with you ShimmeringStar! She needs time to deal with everything that has happened to her in the last few months not to mention the last eight years. In their mind the enemies have been beaten. The last eight years of her life has been about saving the world and rewriting the laws of Physics to make that happen. Now that it's over what does she do? She deals with the baggage she has pushed aside for later ... and who better to help her through it ... in my opinion it's Jack. Although, I think she deals with some of it on her own before she goes to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Way to go Samandans!

I've gotten some emails from you all and from other boards (most notably the AT board) letting me know of your participation! So I'll just assume that there are people who participated but just haven't shot an email to me at [email protected] yet...*cough*

My Blue Jello has offical been sent and I think my family offical thinks I'm insane now!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Hopefully TPTB will get it right this time...

ON EDIT: Hey this is my 1300th post and the 9500th post on Samanda!

Double the Samandan joy!!!
                      Congrats on your 1300 post Uber!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        For those that like spoilers Stargate-Project a German site has released more new pictures from Season 9 including the first one of O'Neill you can go check them out here Avalon Part 1 Avalon Part 2
                        The information on the site is in German so if you want to read it you can use something like this Google Translation to translate the page.

They also have some great new pictures from Season 2 of Atlantis.
                        Thanks for the link. Though I am sorely missing Sam in those promos. It'll be great to have our girl back in action, but Avalon looks very visually appealing. And I'm not just talking about Ben Browder.

Comment

A Stargate Prayer

ambiguous be thy name.

The Stargate spun

thy will was done

But deliver her to SG1.

For she is their leader

with the power,

and the knowledge,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

~ ForeverSG1

Amen to that!
                          Now that's a prayer love it ForeverSg1!!

Comment

HI GUYS!

I'm back from humid Florida, and I thought I'd check up on the old Stargate fandom... check on the Samandans and see how they're doing... get a good laugh on some other threads...

Well, needless to say I've missed a lot. I have absolutely no hope of catching up! I'll try, but I'm afraid it'll be a bit futile, so... Anyone wanna clue me in on the cleft notes? Extra greenies for those with details!

Comment

Here is another idea as to where Sam is and why she doesn’t immediately rejoin SG-1. Now this my be reaching but here goes …Reckoning spoiler
                              Spoiler:
                              At the end of Reckoning 2 the Replicator Carter who was probing Daniel’s mind at the time escaped instead of died. She was after all probing Daniel’s mind for ancient knowledge he held. She knew about the device that would destroy her, so I am assuming she also knew how to escape the device. She is a machine and therefore, the mere seconds it took for her to realize the device had been activate she transported herself out of there before she was killed.

Sam some how finds out her evil twin is alive and can’t ask for help (or no one is there, because they have all scattered through out) so she sets out on her own to destroy her twin once & for all. RC of course has surprises waiting for her, but one Sam wasn't expecting.
                              The team finally does get wind of Sam’s private war and come to assist her including General O’Neill. Well what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                Here is another idea as to where Sam is and why she doesn’t immediately rejoin SG-1. Now this my be reaching but here goes …Reckoning spoiler
                                Spoiler:
                                At the end of Reckoning 2 the Replicator Carter who was probing Daniel’s mind at the time escaped instead of died. She was after all probing Daniel’s mind for ancient knowledge he held. She knew about the device that would destroy her, so I am assuming she also knew how to escape the device. She is a machine and therefore, the mere seconds it took for her to realize the device had been activate she transported herself out of there before she was killed.

Sam some how finds out her evil twin is alive and can’t ask for help (or no one is there, because they have all scattered through out) so she sets out on her own to destroy her twin once & for all. RC of course has surprises waiting for her, but one Sam wasn't expecting.
                                The team finally does get wind of Sam’s private war and come to assist her including General O’Neill. Well what do you think?
                                It'd be so incredibly cool! Anything involving you-know-who would rock, but I think that JM already said that they're not revisiting that character this season. Grrr....

In an effort not to be judgmental, I'll just say that I think it's a sorely missed opportunity to build upon a pre-existing evil Prior/Ori character like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X