Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meridian
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      wow that is an amazing pic .... thanks for sharing

Comment

Threshhold
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Rite of Passage

Comment

Ascension

Comment

Rite of Passage

Comment

Rite of Passage

(the thousand-watt smile! )

Comment

Here's another real-life Sam story

First woman to get silver star since WWII

Check out this quote: "I'm honored to even be considered, much less awarded, the medal," Hester told the American Forces Press Service, a military-run information service. "It really doesn't have anything to do with being a female. It's about the duties I performed that day as a soldier."

This reminded me of the the way that Amanda asked the writers to portray Sam - as a soldier, not as a woman who happens to be a soldier.

NC

Comment

pic fr myrth

Comment

I also want to say thanks to Uber and MajorSal for going to all the trouble they did to make our big Blue Jello Week even BIGGER!

I would also like to relate a quick story.

Hubby mailed my blue Jello for me today...partly because he's a nice guy and partly because he goes to the P. O. every day and I never go. I work in Nashville; he works in a small suburban community. Everyone there knows him, and when he walked into the P. O. this morning, he and the clerk started chatting and he mentioned what he was mailing.

He said she looked down at the mailing label, looked back up at him and said, "Can't they get blue Jello in Canada?"

He said, "Do you really want to know?" Of course, she did, so he explained what we were doing. She got a kick out of it, and he got a chuckle out of telling it.....so, we're spreading joy (and blue Jello) everywhere we go!

Comment

Before I go to bed, I just want to thank Strix and Nearly Circular for posting these two great profiles of "real life Sams." I enjoyed reading both.

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        How's this for a real-life Sam?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story.p...925-918312.php

Too cool!!!!!

Hugs,
                        Strix
                        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Here's another real-life Sam story

First woman to get silver star since WWII

Check out this quote: "I'm honored to even be considered, much less awarded, the medal," Hester told the American Forces Press Service, a military-run information service. "It really doesn't have anything to do with being a female. It's about the duties I performed that day as a soldier."

This reminded me of the the way that Amanda asked the writers to portray Sam - as a soldier, not as a woman who happens to be a soldier.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I also want to say thanks to Uber and MajorSal for going to all the trouble they did to make our big Blue Jello Week even BIGGER!

I would also like to relate a quick story.

Hubby mailed my blue Jello for me today...partly because he's a nice guy and partly because he goes to the P. O. every day and I never go. I work in Nashville; he works in a small suburban community. Everyone there knows him, and when he walked into the P. O. this morning, he and the clerk started chatting and he mentioned what he was mailing.

He said she looked down at the mailing label, looked back up at him and said, "Can't they get blue Jello in Canada?"

He said, "Do you really want to know?" Of course, she did, so he explained what we were doing. She got a kick out of it, and he got a chuckle out of telling it.....so, we're spreading joy (and blue Jello) everywhere we go!
                          Therein lies the joy of being a citizen of Samanda...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

And may I point out, we're about to take another day off the calendar. When we get up tomorrow, it'll be 28 days and counting til S9 begins......
                            actually, it's longer for me. i don't plan on watching stargate until amanda/sam returns. i'm rather battle weary from seasons 7 and 8, so my interests in stargate have become fine-tuned... to sam and s/j ship.

when sam returns in 'beach head', i return!

but i've got to find a thread to keep me up with what's going on, so i know the players and such when sam and i return. i'm sure i'll have no probs, though, with finding something here. but i have absolutely no interest in watching the first five episodes... and i find that sad. but, anyways, one must move on.

here's to sam's and amanda's return!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              It's interesting that AT is deciding how she 'wants to play' the reason for Carter's absence... it implies to me that the scripts do not specify or explain why Carter took the reassignment. That said, if the scripts do not explain the reason, then I like AT's take on it - Cassie!
                              you know, with how much i decipher joe's quotes, i'm surprised i let that little thing slip. you're right, it's implying that whatever is said in the show (or is not said), amanda chose to act it like it was cassie that got her out of the sgc.

one thing, though... for some reason, i got the impression once that sam was reassigned without 'her' saying what she wanted. meaning, it wasn't up to her. i guess i got that impression because of what rob cooper said about sam at the beginning of season 9 (she's gone for personal and professional reasons). i took the professional meaning that she was reasigned like all military peeps are, without them saying 'naw, i'm not in the mood for that area'.

i can't wait to see the first caps of sam in an ep!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal]Caption, please!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/Samhand.jpg

"Holy Hannah! After reading some of these fanfics even I'm not a Sam/Jack shipper anymore. Maybe I should take Teal'c's advice and go to Area 52 instead ... "

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X