There's also the scene with the manual :

Jack: "That's not our language."

Sam: "It's mine, sir."

And later :

Teal'c: "I am in your debt Major Carter."

Sam: "Indeed."
    Follows a huge grin.

It always cracks me up.
    LoL. I love those scenes as well, especially the one with Teal'c. I don't think we have ever seen him look so pleading before. It's been so nice to see Sam and Teal'c friendship grow and blossom over the years. More Sam and Teal'c in season nine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
      Boy, you guys can really post! I've been reading for 25 minutes. Wow!

Sorry I haven't been in today, and I may not be in for a bit. I may have to go into the hospital for more surgery. I'm not happy. And my water heater is going, so I have to have the plumbers in by tomorrow. ARGH!

But the worst news....Amanda is going to be at GateCon! I can't go! I'll still be recuping, my doc will never let me travel that far. I'm so bummed....I'm very happy she is going to be there, but I've never seen AT in person. I hope as many of you as possible can go, and send her our love.

I better go, I can't sit much longer. I'll try and stop in daily until I absolutely,(kicking and screaming) get hijacked to the hospital, prob. early next week or sooner if the docs really demand it. I'm really NOT happy.

Miss you and all the wonderful posts already. You don't know what reading your posts, being able to post how I feel about AT and other things...well, it means alot to me. I've been very ill, and you all have made these past few weeks bearable. Thank you for making me laugh and taking my mind off of RL for a little while. (Big hug)
      If I find out which day AT will be at the con, I may go up for the day... oddly enough my 20 year highschool reunion is that same weekend in Seattle. I've been debating whether I want to go or not, but if I can drive three hours and see AT on the same trip, I might actually head back to the northwest for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Thank you, Astro. I know you don't have anything more important to do in your life than worry about my whimsies...

About the Collection... really, we are going to send her the whole pdf version that you've posted for us to look at, right? With all of the links to sound files and everything? And on a separate CD, we'll also send deepspace's files of the whole thread? I have to say, it doesn't make sense to me NOT to send the pdf as you've got it now... How much we print off of that can be discussed, but I feel very strongly that we need to send the pdf along with a printed version in whatever form the group decides.

Hugs,
        Strix
        I managed to steal some time at work to look at the final PDF. It looks great! Lots of fun to review what we've been up to. I definitely agree we should send the whole PDF file, whatever is decided about the printed version.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Uber, you expressed brilliantly and really better than I could how I feel about Sam in Gemini.
          How on Earth is it possible to act rationally when you've got yourself in front of you ? It has to be emotional.
          I was thinking that Replicarter used her the same way First used Jack's guilt over Charlie. Did we hear anything against Jack ? I don't think so. And yet, he followed First instructions and showed him where they travelled through the Gate. Had the Replicators succeeded in their goal, it was not only Earth that was threatened but lots of planets. I'm not saying that I blame Jack for his actions, because it's for the same reason that I don't blame Sam in Gemini. Both of them are human, they're not robots. I don't expect any of the SG1 characters to get it right everytime. Mistakes add depth to a character.
          If Sam had countered Replicarter's plan in Gemini, I don't think we would have been able to really see the difference between them. Replicarter is intelligent, brilliant but unsensitive and manipulative. On the other side, Sam is intelligent, brilliant and sensitive and compationate. That's called humanity.
          well said!

it's just 'i'll never like or accept this character, no matter what is said and done' mentality. jonas and pete (and now sam) are never going to be forgiven for interfering with what certain fans wanted. (i should know =cough=pete=cough=)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            I have made my letter and printed the jello pic to post with the letter. Now not to sound way to "duh", how much is postage to Canada. Is is $0.37 or $0.80. I am just sending a one page letter and the jello is a pic attached to the letter. In other words very light in weight.
            The USPS rate table I found online makes it look like you would probably need $.60 postage. Mine was a 9x13 envelope with a letter & empty jello boxes attached--the Post Office charged 85 cents for it--I think b/c of the jello boxes.
            So now I have the jello left. I made one package--pretty good. Though jello always reminds me of being home sick from school as a kid...
            I did mention our thread & "blue jello brigade" after my signature in the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              yay!!!

call in sick! you must see amanda! sell a family member if you must!

sally
              (((Majorsal)))

Thanks so much for the idea! I never would have thought of selling a family member. And I know just which one...or two

I really, really want to see Amanda, but I think GateCon is out of the question at this point unless some kind soul takes pity on me and pays for my trip No? Then I'm aiming for Creation in 2006 and even that seems iffy at the moment.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                The USPS rate table I found online makes it look like you would probably need $.60 postage. Mine was a 9x13 envelope with a letter & empty jello boxes attached--the Post Office charged 85 cents for it--I think b/c of the jello boxes.
                So now I have the jello left. I made one package--pretty good. Though jello always reminds me of being home sick from school as a kid...
                I did mention our thread & "blue jello brigade" after my signature in the letter.
                Excellent!

I sent off 3 packages today...1 to Brad Wright (with 4 boxes), and 1 to RCC and N John Smith (with 3 boxes each). And of course I included the letter in each.

I want to know how many Samandans have participated in this grand event....so please email me and let me know!

And along those lines, please note that my Hotmail address (and therefore my MSN Messenger) has changed. It is now...[email protected].

So update your messengers appropriately and send me those emails!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i've got my postcard ready to send. i could have sent it today, but decided to wait to tomorrow. here's what i said:

I appreciate the greatness of Sam Carter!

I appreciate the wonderfulness of Amanda Tapping!

More of both in season 9!

i then printed off a pic of jello and pasted two of them on the postcard (i cut them to fit around the grey around the box) -

i like keeping it simple and to the point. (because i'm simple and pointy... uh... )

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Oooh I found a new favorite Sam quote for me. I'm sure someone else has mentioned it before, but I was watching Space Race today and forgot how adorable Amanda/Sam is in this scene.

Sam: "Look, I know that this could be dangerous. But this is our job, right?
                    It's what we signed on to do. We take risks in the hopes of achieving new levels of technology. If...and I stress if, participating in this race happens to be a little bit...I don't know..."

Daniel: "Fun?"

Sam: (grinning madly) "What's a girl to do?"

Sam sounds so utterly tickled when she says the last line that it cracks me up.

I'd add a sound clip, that is if I knew how to do it; so I'll leave it for someone more qualified.
                    Here you go.
                    Click here to listen.

Originally posted by Lys

Click here to listen.

Originally posted by Lys
                    And later :

Follows a huge grin.

It always cracks me up.
                    Click here to listen.

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Seeing the pic of AT reading the big manual in the Space Race pic made me think of another “book” scene. This not-quite-as-big book scene is from “The Serpent’s Venom”. If this has already been posted I apologize for the repetition.

Scene of ship flying in Hyper-space. Danny's sitting on the floor reading with an ink pen in his mouth. A whole bunch of books are on the floor. Sam's reading a book also. Jack's playing with the Velcro on his watch. He looks at Sam over his shoulder, next to him.

JACK: Do you understand any of that?

SAM: It's all Phoenician to me, Sir. (She smiles. He frowns)

Her Phoenician line always makes me grin and I love the look on her face as she looks over her shoulder at Jack.
                    Click here to listen.

Great pictures and lines, everyone!

And here's another couple of lines from Space Race that I liked. They're at the end when she's talking to Daniel about the race.

Bunch of cheaters.

Next year...

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      Emergency Astro, anyone??
                      Right I just clicked on your link and the pdf is downloading. When it it finished (probably tomorrow) what do I do to save it onto my disk? Can I save it onto my hard disk.

Dumb question from a non techi!!
                      You should be able to save it to your harddrive.
                      Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Wonderful letter, Kat. Although, I'll be happy if they do some heroic Sam whumping in season 9... does that fall under the cloud of doom?

Hugs,
                      Strix
                      I can't speak for Kat, but I'd say that heroic Sam-whumping does not fall under the cloud of doom!
                      Originally posted by Atteria
                      Boy, you guys can really post! I've been reading for 25 minutes. Wow!

Sorry I haven't been in today, and I may not be in for a bit. I may have to go into the hospital for more surgery. I'm not happy. And my water heater is going, so I have to have the plumbers in by tomorrow. ARGH!

But the worst news....Amanda is going to be at GateCon! I can't go! I'll still be recuping, my doc will never let me travel that far. I'm so bummed....I'm very happy she is going to be there, but I've never seen AT in person. I hope as many of you as possible can go, and send her our love.

I better go, I can't sit much longer. I'll try and stop in daily until I absolutely,(kicking and screaming) get hijacked to the hospital, prob. early next week or sooner if the docs really demand it. I'm really NOT happy.

Miss you and all the wonderful posts already. You don't know what reading your posts, being able to post how I feel about AT and other things...well, it means alot to me. I've been very ill, and you all have made these past few weeks bearable. Thank you for making me laugh and taking my mind off of RL for a little while. (Big hug)
                      ((((Atteria)))) and hope you feel better soon!
                      Originally posted by Lys

And later :

Follows a huge grin.

It always cracks me up.
                      Great pics and quotes, Lys!
                      Originally posted by SamFan31
                      Seeing the pic of AT reading the big manual in the Space Race pic made me think of another “book” scene. This not-quite-as-big book scene is from “The Serpent’s Venom”. If this has already been posted I apologize for the repetition.

Scene of ship flying in Hyper-space. Danny's sitting on the floor reading with an ink pen in his mouth. A whole bunch of books are on the floor. Sam's reading a book also. Jack's playing with the Velcro on his watch. He looks at Sam over his shoulder, next to him.

JACK: Do you understand any of that?

SAM: It's all Phoenician to me, Sir. (She smiles. He frowns)

http://img1.echo.cx/img1/3537/serpentsvenom7mw.jpg

Her Phoenician line always makes me grin and I love the look on her face as she looks over her shoulder at Jack.
                      LOL! That's one of my favorites, too, SamFan!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        If I find out which day AT will be at the con, I may go up for the day... oddly enough my 20 year highschool reunion is that same weekend in Seattle. I've been debating whether I want to go or not, but if I can drive three hours and see AT on the same trip, I might actually head back to the northwest for a few days.
                        it's only about a 3 hour drive. if i wasn't, oh 30 odd more hours away, i'd pop up for a day if i could...but i can't so...oh well. ain't the end of the world. It sucks, but it aint' the end of the world

any of you that are able to go i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. amanda is such a wonderful guest
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i love both the phonecian and the space race bits because we get to see impish sam. she doesn't come out to play that often, but she's the one that's a bit like the sam i write in fanfic.

mindful of her 'place' (ie not snarking off at jack in public) but relaxed around her friends
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

I can't speak for Kat, but I'd say that heroic Sam-whumping does not fall under the cloud of doom!
                            speaking of sam whumpage...

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
                            i can't remember who said they thought sam might be one of the ppl that gets sick in the ep that has orlin's return... i'm afraid to hope for it! i LOVE sam whumpage, and this idea would be great! (as long as sam recovers and does NOT di... dd... not live)

i'm just afraid of hoping and setting up ideas and such... i've learned from my years as a shipper to hold off the fantasies as much as possible.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i love both the phonecian and the space race bits because we get to see impish sam. she doesn't come out to play that often, but she's the one that's a bit like the sam i write in fanfic.

mindful of her 'place' (ie not snarking off at jack in public) but relaxed around her friends
                              The thing that I found amusing about Space Race is the fact that Daniel looks so utterly shocked by Sam's exuberance to be a part of the race. I kept waiting for his mouth to drop open and hit the table. It's like up until that point in time noone really knew exactly what Sam liked to do for fun.

Oh and for those who didn't already know... she IS wearing leather chaps at the beginning. (This question has been bugging me for some time) Honestly I'd be really embarrassed if anyone else had been in the room with me while I was watching it. I don't know how many times I rewinded the tape and watched her run up the stairs to try to figure out if they were leather pants or chaps. If anyone had walked in I would have looked like some obsessed Stargate fan who had an extreme fancination with Sam's bum.

ROFL.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 June 2005, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                speaking of sam whumpage...

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
                                i can't remember who said they thought sam might be one of the ppl that gets sick in the ep that has orlin's return... i'm afraid to hope for it! i LOVE sam whumpage, and this idea would be great! (as long as sam recovers and does NOT di... dd... not live)

i'm just afraid of hoping and setting up ideas and such... i've learned from my years as a shipper to hold off the fantasies as much as possible.

sally
                                where did you hear that bit of spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                                X