No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's a fic rec for the lighter-side of SG-1... or the airier side...?

Debriefed by iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I have to admit, being the same height as Amanda I have never had to deal with the height issue before. I've always had the advantage of being able to see over most people's heads.
      Yeah, you know, I realized that nowhere in my ramble did I mention that I, too, am tall...with very broad shoulders... adds to the problem of being mistaken for a guy all the time...

Hugs,
      Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Sam Fic Rec:
        'Gone Too Long'[I](an intense Sam-team-fic; implied Sam-whump - not graphic; intense mental whumping)
        Oooo, thanks for the rec!

Hugs,
        Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Ooh. so she has.

Me likey.

I'd add it to my siggy, but skydiver being the mean and purely EEEEVIL moderator that she is would probably smack me around because it'd be too big.

*thinks dark and truly eeeevil thoughts about Denise*
          grabs her mouse of doom
          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          naw...just kiddin...or at least I HOPE everyone gets by now how I am...especially skydiver, who is in fact a jewel of a person and a super cool mod to boot!

And if you haven't figured me out yet, for crying out loud, just look at the banner that Kat made for me. I'm a smart aleck. Sheesh.

That shouldn't be too hard for people to grasp. I mean, it's not rocket surgery...

LOL

nice save

and, for the record, the maximum width is 700ish pixels. you can always make a thumbnail to post 'live' and then link it to the bigger pic
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
            As Royal Baker, I can supply the cake.....who does the jello? Moi aussi???

To Tara, from the entire population of Samanda!

Ohhh that is a really lovely cake, thankyou Samanda and thankyou for all your best wishes
            everyone
            ......TARA......

Comment

Oh Darn!
              I've managed to read only 2 pages of posts = pathetic eh. But unlike those of us who work for Central Govt mentioning no one's knobblies in particular. Us poor belegured Local Govt emplyees have little time to draw breath let alone surf the net at work.!!!

In a few mins I'm due to try my devilish best to brainwa.... I mean enlighten another friend regarding the world that is Stargate. What a chore life is out of work sometimes!!

Great to see 1speed is keeping the Brit post count up and the wit freely flowing - but what we will I do next week when he escapes to the Highlands I do not know!!

Great posting everone.

Hi to the new posters

Congrats to Tara on becoming a grandma

Strix I often get called "Mate" over here - sometimes followed by a sheepish apology when a hard stare is cast and chest thrust out"

Be back when I can

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Great to see 1speed is keeping the Brit post count up and the wit freely flowing - but what we will I do next week when he escapes to the Highlands I do not know!!
                Um, I feel rather awkward admitting this, but until today, I thought 1speed4Sam was female.

I shall remember, for future reference, to bake all special cakes for 1s4s, in blue, NOT pink.

And you're going to the Highlands next week? Wish my new passport was back, foo.

Comment

Great pics tsaxlady! BTW, where you at the Vancouver Con? You look VERY familiar.

And welcome to Lys! I'm glad somone can identify pics better than I can.

And congrats ForeverSG1, on 900 great posts!

Sorry I haven't been around much, I received some troubling news yesterday, and I'm not sure how I feel right now. Also, my health hasn't been great. I'll probably be hanging around today, on and off. I need to see positive things right now.

Edit: Ack! I missed Tara.....congrats on your soon to be granmom status! Hope Mom and the "little one" continue to do well. I'm sure you are jumping out of your skin, with joy!
                  Yes I was at the Vancouver Con - I was one of the group near the front on the right side of the room that during the actions started a lot of the bidding and even raised the prices on the Make A Wish items so they would go higher for the charity's sake - only purchased one item (one of the Atlantis T-shirts). I had a great time wasn't the set tour great - I was on the 8:00am tour last in line to have pic taken in front of gate - which was great because I meet some of the folks that work on the set and was getting more info on the fire they had the first year. Martin was so fun during the tour.
                  My next con adventure will be in 3 1/2 weeks in Burbank.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Ooo, I think you're our first poster from France! Welcome aboard, we're always looking to increase our Sam-lover members
                    Thanks for the welcome Agent Dark ! And I see that Caro decided to join the french contingent on Samanda !

Hello fellow Samandans, this is very OT but i've just had the most fantastic news and i wanted to share it with you.
                    I'm going to be a Grandmother, my Son and his wife are expecting their fisrt baby, she is due
                    in January so they have a ways to go yet.
                    They are over the moon and can't wait bless them!
                    It really is a strange feeling knowing that there will be a continueing of our Son through his children, anyway thought i'd share our smashing news!
                    Congratulations Tara ! It's a wonderful news !

Bonjour, Lys. Bienvenu a Samanda!!! And don't worry, your English is infinitely better than my French.

Can I also just say you live in a very beautiful region. I spent a week walking in the Portes du Soleil area last year, and hope to return sometime (if only for a bit more reblochon ).

1s4S
                    Merci 1s4S !!! I hope you'll be able to come back to my beautiful mountains !

Have some reblochon ! A little present before you come.

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL
                    WORLD OF SAMANDA
                    LYS!!!
                    Oh and Lys I think your English is great! After watching all of us on this thread trying to translate AT's recent French interview I'd say your English is much better than most of our French. Glad to see you have decided to unlurk and join us!!
                    Many thanks to you Kat ! And I'd be happy to help if you find any French interview on your way.
                    And congrats on your 900 post.

And welcome to Lys! I'm glad somone can identify pics better than I can.
                    Don't believe tsaxlady ! I make mistakes.

Welcome aboard, Lys! Post freely and often

If you haven't already seen it, there is an index post on the top of Thread page 442
                    Thanks for the nice welcome Astro, and for the blue jello too.
                    Great job you did with the index. I feel like I'm going to spend the night to read all your lovely posts. I'm so glad I've been a lurker before and have already read most of them.

Big hugs to all of you dear Samandans !!!!
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Great pic collection, tsaxlady! Fun to browse through. A few of the pics, however, had missing pixels... is that an artifact of the MSN uploading/display process, or is from when you originally scanned the pics?
                      Must be in the uploading/display process - I'll check and see which pictures they are and try deleting them and reloading to see if that helps.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Btw, am I the only fan here that doesn't own an autographed picture?? Actually the only items I own involving Stargate are my dvd's. I suddenly feel so unworthy to call myself a fan.
                        Add me to proud owners of the DVDs and only the DVDs.

Comment

Um, I feel rather awkward admitting this, but until today, I thought 1speed4Sam was female.

I shall remember, for future reference, to bake all special cakes for 1s4s, in blue, NOT pink.

And you're going to the Highlands next week? Wish my new passport was back, foo.
                          Hehe, I know - confusing isn't it, this cyberspace malarkey!!!

But it's perfectly understandable - not including any lurkers who may be out there, I believe there are only three of us chaps in the whole of the Kingdom of Samanda. Have to admit I just assume anybody else who appears is female!!!

And don't worry about the colour of the cakes - they all look the same once they're inside.

Speaking of which, if you do want to send any cakes next week you'll have to helicopter (or even better, CarterCopter) them in - I'll be on top of various big hills in the Cairngorms.

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Have some reblochon ! A little present before you come.
                            Merci beaucoup, Lys. I can almost smell it from here!!!

Mmm - a nice slice of reblochon, a piece of Atteria's cake, and some of astrog's Royal Blue, I reckon I'm set up for the evening. If I just had some of the Royal Accountant's sloe gin to wash it all down with, I could really embarrass myself...

1s4S

Comment

A plea for help! I have a rather odd request.

I’m on a hunt for some pics of Sam dressed in pilot gear. I found the Covenant and Redemption scenes. However, does anybody have suggestions of other episodes where I might find her dressed in her flying attire? Unfortunately, I can’t use close up shots. I’ve got the DVDs so can do captures.

If anyone has ideas could you post or e-mail/PM me? The reason for my request will become apparent in the not too distant future.

Thanks…

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                Merci beaucoup, Lys. I can almost smell it from here!!!

Mmm - a nice slice of reblochon, a piece of Atteria's cake, and some of astrog's Royal Blue, I reckon I'm set up for the evening. If I just had some of the Royal Accountant's sloe gin to wash it all down with, I could really embarrass myself...

1s4S
                                Please ! Tell me you're living near a hospital ! All of this could be very unhealthy ! Remember the tradition of hardened arteries ?

Comment

Working...
                                X