Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyJeep
    My thought exactly. Thanks for saying it Uber.
    It's just a little confusing that's all...since Shanks and Judge divulged a couple months ago at a con that Cam was to be the "temporary" leader of SG-1 and now it's like pulling teeth to get further confirmation...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Seth

Thanks for letting me post these. I was tempted to start with the later season caps since there’s some really gorgeous shots, but decided might as well begin with S1 and work forward… Ah well.... what's a little anticipation for things yet to come?
      Thanks, ShimmeringStar, for posting these screen caps thus far! They are great!!

Skydiver---I loved your story, Duty and Honor--thanks for writing it!

Uber and ForeverSg1 -- thanks for asking great questions to JM. His answers are reassuring in the sense that Sam will be an active member of the TEAM, and that there will be stories for Sam. Like Majorsal, I'm glad JM mentioned AT's full-time return. Will she be leader or will it be Mitchell? Ah, they are definitely evading that one! One thing is for sure---that is a hot topic with fans, and they know it.

Comment

But anyhow... my reason for being here...If no one minds…. I was going through my caps for Season 1 – 6 and came across a number (quite a number! ) that catch the beauty of AT, her humor, her upbeat, outgoing personality, and the strength of her character, and some that I just plain out think were great shots ... just a few from Seasons 1-3. If no one objects I'll scrub up the rest another evening & post them …
        From S1:

The Nox
        And I hope you won't mind our playing one of our favorite games with your great screencaps ... provide the caption!

I couldn't resist the one above with the Nox. Do you suppose Sam was thinking:

"omigod, and I thought I was having a bad-hair day ..."

Comment

Forever in a Day
          Thanks SS, these are great! This one, especially ... Sam is radiant! Such a beautiful, warm smile.

Comment

From S2:

Touchstone
            "What do you mean 'we're out of bullets'?!"

Comment

If I may address the court , I found this picture today on the Scifi channel's website and thought you might like it.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

From S3:

Crystal Skull
                this has always been one of my fave pics... i think amanda looks a bit like barbara mandrell in this pic.

oh, btw, thanks, ss!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/Sethsam1.jpg
                  Thanks for letting me post these. I was tempted to start with the later season caps since there’s some really gorgeous shots, but decided might as well begin with S1 and work forward… Ah well.... what's a little anticipation for things yet to come?

Well I for one am more than happy to see you post these caps of our gal Sam, but then again I love looking at all of your caps. *Sam*Jack*Sam&Jack*

But just in case someone else happens to have issues with it, could you at least post the really good shots anyway?? Please. Pretty please with sugar on top?

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Here's my question still though...

Does active member of the team equal leading SG-1 in Season 9

????

Okay I went back to JM's response thread and I could have sworn he replied to someone's questions about why Ben's character was leader of SG-1 and not Sam? His response was something like who said she wasn't the leader. I couldn't find it though (anyone else remember this). I did find the one where he said Sam wasn't there so Carmen ... Camren ... whoever (like my JAck impression ) was leader of SG-1 it wasn't that they chose him OVER Sam. (whatever!) I haven't seen anything else about who will be the leader after she returns.

I agree with what someone else said about TPTB knows that this is a hot topic. I'm sure they will continue to evade our questions on this matter. There is probably an episode where Sam and "new guy" discuss the leadership role of SG-1. Surely 8 years of saving the planet, almost dying many times, having your mind/body taken over by another entity/creature, and leading the team previously has more merit then almost dying once ...during a fire fight where many many pilots risked their lives
                    Spoiler:
                    while one Colonel O'Neill activated an ancient weapon that saved the planet while SG-1 lead by Sam protect him and fought off Anubis' super soliders. In the end leaving one of my favorite characters frozen!

Well that is enough ranting on my part, time for me to say goodnight. Thanks everyone for the welcome! Foreversg1, love the sig ... very well said. Sorry for all of my missspellings!
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 12 June 2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      Okay I went back to JM's response thread and I could have sworn he replied to someone's questions about why Ben's character was leader of SG-1 and not Sam? His response was something like who said she wasn't the leader. I couldn't find it though (anyone else remember this).
                      that question *i think*, and joe's response, was about carter outranking mitchell. he didn't say she did or didn't, only questioned that someone said she did.

(hope i'm remembering that right)

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

I agree with what someone else said about TPTB knows that this is a hot topic. I'm sure they will continue to evade our questions on this matter. There is probably an episode where Sam and "new guy" discuss the leadership role of SG-1. Surely 8 years of saving the planet, almost dying many times, having your mind/body taken over by another entity/creature, and leading the team previously has more merit then almost dying once ...during a fire fight where many many pilots risked their lives while one Colonel O'Neill activated an ancient weapon that saved the planet while SG-1 lead by Sam protect him and fought off Anubis' super soliders.

Well that is enough ranting on my part, time for me to say goodnight. Thanks everyone for the welcome! Foreversg1, love the sig ... very well said. Sorry for all the missspellings!
                        i want to respond to the rest of this post now. i've been thinking (i can do that and type at the same time! ).....

what if --

mitchell's in charge while sam's away. when sam returns, she 'can't' have sg1 because she's still with area 51? not that she's on loan from them, only that she's working two places at once. BUT, when she's on sg1, SHE'S the LEADER? could i handle that? yes. i'd prefer her to have sg1 completely, all the time, but... as long as sam's not losing sg1 because the writers feel a guy *has* to lead it...

i still want sam to lead sg1, but i could handle the 'i'll take lead when i'm there and sg1 is on a mission'.

thoughts?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i want to respond to the rest of this post now. i've been thinking (i can do that and type at the same time! ).....

what if --

mitchell's in charge while sam's away. when sam returns, she 'can't' have sg1 because she's still with area 51? not that she's on loan from them, only that she's working two places at once. BUT, when she's on sg1, SHE'S the LEADER? could i handle that? yes. i'd prefer her to have sg1 completely, all the time, but... as long as sam's not losing sg1 because the writers feel a guy *has* to lead it...

i still want sam to lead sg1, but i could handle the 'i'll take lead when i'm there and sg1 is on a mission'.

thoughts?

sally
                          I could accept that as well as long as, like you said they don't feel like a guy has to lead. Honestly, Sam didn't get a chance to lead too many missions while she was in charge. I would like to see Sam get a chance to prove her leadership qualities off world with SG-1. I don't think they could actually have a green Lt. Colonel come in and lead SG-1 once they learn there is a new threat to Earth (not as long as the SGC has been in operation). Doesn't Sam return after they learn about the new threat?

Comment

From the ASK JOE thread:

Originally posted by majorsal
                            hi, joe,

odd question. does amanda know how many ppl are rooting for sam/amanda? if not, would you mind passing along our interest?

sally
                            I'll answer that one for ya sal...

They'll have more of an idea come next week when packages of Blue Jello arrive on their doorsteps...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Okay folks so how many of you saw the new season 9 promo trailer on SciFi last night? Come on raise your hand if you did. For those that don't get SciFi and may be think 'Did we finally get to see Sam?' The answer is yes sort of ?!? How can that be you ask? Well let me show you here are screencaps of what we saw of Sam

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/9355/samjacks93ay.jpg

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/1064/samjacks921vz.jpg[/IMG]

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/5869/sams97wa.jpg

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/9559/samtealcs90nu.jpg

Notice anything about these - that's right campers these are all old clips - nothing new of Sam

One good thing I did see in the trailer and that was a clip of Vala with some clothes on finally

Sorry about the quality of these but I was working from a bad video - If you have not seen the trailer and want to see the whole thing here is a post with link to trailer http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=14
                              *yelps*
                              Sorry, just got a major shock then. Daniel with a beard??? Nooooo. That's just... wrong. Come to think of it, I think people have mentioned it here before, but it never fully registered with me.
                              And an even bigger shock, Vala finally wearing something! Although it would appear, from this photo at least, that she's forgotten to don the black t-shirt which usually goes underneath the green BDU jacket.
                              And surprise surprise (insert sarcasm), no Sam, at least, no new Sam.
                              Thanks tsaxlady for going to all this trouble.
                              By the way, does anyone know if Australia will be getting season9 around the same time, or a year later?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

let's play a game!

sam carter, from A to Z.

a - absolute devotion to her loved ones and teammates.

b - beautiful.

c - .....

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X