X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay...here's my question:

and Joe's answer:

I saw your question & JM's response on his thread. Great question! I was so glad he actually answered you in a direct way. I have had the same fear most of you apparently have/had. (This is the first time I have been to this thread). With RDA only in a few episodes and AT not in any of the promos (until Friday) I was starting to wonder if I even wanted to watch Season 9. I like Ben, but Jack and Sam (and the team) are why I watch. I'm a confessed J/S shipper. So I'm a little apprehensive about the season, but after JM's response I'm a little more excited about Season 9. Thanks for posting the questions!

Also I agree with a lot of you as well about Sam being a great role model for women! I work in a male dominated field and it is refreshing to see a character that can be very intelligent, pretty, hard working, gain the respect of her peers using those qualities, and not come off as hating men or having a chip on her shoulder. (I hope that makes sense).

Comment

Originally Posted by tsaxlady
      Originally posted by majorsal
      which ep/season is this from?

sally
      Sorry it has taken me so long to reply Sally but I wanted to get a better cap to show you from that episode I'm pretty sure it was from Season 6 Memento - the quality of the original I had to work with was not very good but I pretty sure this is correct. Look at these and judge for yourself.

Here is one last cap from the Promo that I forgot to include the other night it is from Lost City
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Don't forget Sky! I think she started the whole gutter cannon-balling routine...
        Uh-huh. Oh well, I'm sure there's plenty of room in the gutter for all of us. Last one in's... er, the last one in.

And no, I haven't forgotten about the Yorkshire Tea...

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          Here was an interesting question and answer on the ask Joe Mallozzi thread
          Spoilers for season 9
          Spoiler:

One of the spoilers on GW for The Fourth Horseman says "The episode will also see the return of Gerak (Louis Gossett, Jr.), with scenes taking place on the new Free Jaffa homeworld, Dakara." Does this mean Teal'c will be off-world when the plague hits? Is what's happening on Dakara connected to the plague storyline or a completely unrelated storyline?

Also, can you give us an idea of what Daniel and Mitchell will be doing in this ep? Will either one of them be affected by the plague?

SueS

Joe’s response: Daniel and Mitchell will be heading off-world on a mission to retrieve a key element of a potential cure. Will someone be affected by the plague? The law of averages would suggest someone could very well be infected. Who? Well, you'll have to tune in to find out.

After reading this, I had to go back and remind myself about this episode and to see if it takes place after Sam is back. It does, and this is the one where Orlin returns. So some wild speculation- maybe Sam gets the plague and Orlin comes back to help her.

NC
          I had the same thought NC as soon as I read that response. Of course this will be the big two part mid season episodes that will have to have a cliff-hanger ending at the end of part 1 so we have to wait from Sept til Jan to see how it ends. (US that is)
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            I saw your question & JM's response on his thread. Great question! I was so glad he actually answered you in a direct way. I have had the same fear most of you apparently have/had. (This is the first time I have been to this thread). With RDA only in a few episodes and AT not in any of the promos (until Friday) I was starting to wonder if I even wanted to watch Season 9. I like Ben, but Jack and Sam (and the team) are why I watch. I'm a confessed J/S shipper. So I'm a little apprehensive about the season, but after JM's response I'm a little more excited about Season 9. Thanks for posting the questions!

Also I agree with a lot of you as well about Sam being a great role model for women! I work in a male dominated field and it is refreshing to see a character that can be very intelligent, pretty, hard working, gain the respect of her peers using those qualities, and not come off as hating men or having a chip on her shoulder. (I hope that makes sense).
            Welcome to Samanda, Ann! You may want to check out the top post on Page 442 as this will give you links to the history of Samanda and some of our happenings. New citizens are added weekly so we hope you like it here and decide to post some more.

As you mention, concerns about Sam's role in S9 are on many fans' minds and we've tossed that around a good deal. We go from angst to anger to anticipation to hope ... sometimes all in the same day!

It seems that JM has implied to Uber that there should be some solid episodes in store for our gal, Sam. Let's all hold that thought!

Comment

Wonderfully worded, ann_sgcfan!
              Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Sorry it has taken me so long to reply Sally but I wanted to get a better cap to show you from that episode I'm pretty sure it was from Season 6 Memento - the quality of the original I had to work with was not very good but I pretty sure this is correct. Look at these and judge for yourself.

Here is one last cap from the Promo that I forgot to include the other night it is from Lost City
              Great screencaps tsaxlady - much better than what they used in the SciFi channel's blipvert

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Welcome to Samanda, Ann! You may want to check out the top post on Page 442 as this will give you links to the history of Samanda and some of our happenings. New citizens are added weekly so we hope you like it here and decide to post some more.

As you mention, concerns about Sam's role in S9 are on many fans' minds and we've tossed that around a good deal. We go from angst to anger to anticipation to hope ... sometimes all in the same day!

It seems that JM has implied to Uber that there should be some solid episodes in store for our gal, Sam. Let's all hold that thought!

I like the nickname "Samanda" that you gave this thread. Thanks for the welcome and the page number giving me the history. You are all very orgainized.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Wonderfully worded, ann_sgcfan!Great screencaps tsaxlady - much better than what they used in the SciFi channel's blipvert

Thanks astrogeologist!

Comment

I appreciate everyone's patience with regard to the group photo as I simply haven't had a chance to work on it thanks to a bunch of real life work projects I have to complete...

...so if you haven't sent in your picture, there's still time!

But remember 2 quick points...

ONE...THIS WEEK IS BLUE JELLO WEEK! Get your blue jello ready to ship out as instructions will be forthcoming on either Teusday or Wednesday!!!

TWO...Have you voted for Amanda today? If not, we still have a few days left!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I like the nickname "Samanda" that you gave this thread. Thanks for the welcome and the page number giving me the history. You are all very orgainized.
                      We're not so much organized as we are fanatic, ann_sgcfan. But welcome to our madness! Please visit and post often!

I appreciate everyone's patience with regard to the group photo as I simply haven't had a chance to work on it thanks to a bunch of real life work projects I have to complete...

...so if you haven't sent in your picture, there's still time!

But remember 2 quick points...

ONE...THIS WEEK IS BLUE JELLO WEEK! Get your blue jello ready to ship out as instructions will be forthcoming on either Teusday or Wednesday!!!

TWO...Have you voted for Amanda today? If not, we still have a few days left!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php
                      Thanks to you, Uber (and astrog), for the daily reminders to vote. I might have forgotten a few days without them.

Comment

welcome to samanda ann

pull up a chair and have some fun
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don’t know if you saw it, but Joe M. also answered one of Kat’s questions. He was being more forthright than usual in his answers yesterday. This answer, along with the one to Uber’s question, was reassuring in terms of Sam’s involvement.

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
                          Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

After reading the spoilers here on Gateworld, I noticed that Sam Carter is only mentioned in four out of thirteen episodes currently under development for season nine. We all know Amanda was going to be unavailable for the first five episodes of the season due to maternity leave, however, I was curious if this lack of new spoiler information regarding Sam is any indication that Amanda's involvement this season will be limited much like RDA's has been over the past few years?

I understand she is to appear in fifteen of the remaining episodes( at least according to spoilers she is ), but will Sam be returning as an active member of SG-1? Or will she be involved with the Stargate program in some other capacity?

Joe’s answer: Yes, Carter will be returning as an active member of the team. The reason she wasn't mentioned as much as the others in the early going is because Amanda wasn't available to us for the first 5 episodes of the season.

NC

Comment

I don’t know if you saw it, but Joe M. also answered one of Kat’s questions. He was being more forthright than usual in his answers yesterday. This answer, along with the one to Uber’s question, was reassuring in terms of Sam’s involvement.

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

After reading the spoilers here on Gateworld, I noticed that Sam Carter is only mentioned in four out of thirteen episodes currently under development for season nine. We all know Amanda was going to be unavailable for the first five episodes of the season due to maternity leave, however, I was curious if this lack of new spoiler information regarding Sam is any indication that Amanda's involvement this season will be limited much like RDA's has been over the past few years?

I understand she is to appear in fifteen of the remaining episodes( at least according to spoilers she is ), but will Sam be returning as an active member of SG-1? Or will she be involved with the Stargate program in some other capacity?

Joe’s answer: Yes, Carter will be returning as an active member of the team. The reason she wasn't mentioned as much as the others in the early going is because Amanda wasn't available to us for the first 5 episodes of the season.

NC
                            Thanks for posting this, NC. I saw his answer to Uber, but missed the response to Kat's question. Things are begining to look better and as you said, definitely reassuring. I think I can exhale now!
                            Last edited by SamFan31; 12 June 2005, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

NC
                              Here's my question still though...

Does active member of the team equal leading SG-1 in Season 9

????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's my question still though...

Does active member of the team equal leading SG-1 in Season 9

????
                                *sighs* Not to be negative, because I'd love to have seen her leading a heck of a lot more in S8, but probably not. Only when it serves TPTB getting the story arcs going for the new characters and new threads... and my gut feeling (which I'm trying to ignore until early August when we'll start to see the eps where AT returns) is that TPTB want Mitchell as leader.

But... I didn't stop in tonight to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for Sam... Just wanted to make a contribution or two or three...

For me it's been hard to pick which character I like best, Sam or Jack. Guess I can say, Sam is my favorite female character and Jack my favorite male. But I've appreciated (for the most part) how Sam was written and how AT portrayed her. Thank goodness that we finally live in an era where having a strong but compassionate warrior and scientist, who just happened to be female, does not seem out of the ordinary or something to be ridiculed.... And I always appreciated that for Sam to do this seemed so normal and acceptable and attainable.

But anyhoo... my reason for being here...If no one minds…. I was going through my caps for Season 1 – 6 and came across a number (quite a number! ) that catch the beauty of AT, her humor, her upbeat, outgoing personality, and the strength of her character, and some that I just plain out think were great shots. I won’t post them all this evening (only had the time to scrub up a few of the raw caps...) - just a few from Seasons 1-3. If no one objects I'll scrub up the rest another evening & post them… (I still haven’t finished watching/capping my S7 DVD's & the last 4 eps of S6, but so far there’s about 60-ish caps from that are really wonderful...)

From S1:

The Nox
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X