X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    hey! joe answered my sam question!

yes, i noticed!

and did you notice this lovely tidbit?... (joe) - "... prior to Amanda's full-time return".

no recurring character for sam carter!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Here was an interesting question and answer on the ask Joe Mallozzi thread
      Spoilers for season 9
      Spoiler:

One of the spoilers on GW for The Fourth Horseman says "The episode will also see the return of Gerak (Louis Gossett, Jr.), with scenes taking place on the new Free Jaffa homeworld, Dakara." Does this mean Teal'c will be off-world when the plague hits? Is what's happening on Dakara connected to the plague storyline or a completely unrelated storyline?

Also, can you give us an idea of what Daniel and Mitchell will be doing in this ep? Will either one of them be affected by the plague?

SueS

Joe’s response: Daniel and Mitchell will be heading off-world on a mission to retrieve a key element of a potential cure. Will someone be affected by the plague? The law of averages would suggest someone could very well be infected. Who? Well, you'll have to tune in to find out.

After reading this, I had to go back and remind myself about this episode and to see if it takes place after Sam is back. It does, and this is the one where Orlin returns. So some wild speculation- maybe Sam gets the plague and Orlin comes back to help her.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

which ep/season is this from?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Uber.....could you please post the exchange between you and Joe on his thread? Remember, I don't go there anymore, because he turns me into a stark raving lunatic!!!!! So, I count on you guys to let me know when he posts something worth reading.

On other topics, my goodness! I go out of town for the day, and you all turn into stand-up comedians:

Originally posted by Carterslave
          Well, I'll be jiggered. I leave for a few days & this thread goes completely schizo. Actually, jckfan55's quote is one of the milder ones.
          At first there was near-panic: Sam's getting pushed aside, she's not in the previews, she's not getting any lurve in the press, etc. (I feel your pain: I went through a similar phase myself earlier this year; I'm much more sanguine now.) There was talk of an inspired "blue jello" campaign to show support for AT. All well & good.
          Now it's "Amanda should leave the show—now. It's tanking. It's going to drag her down," etc., etc.
          C'mon, dudes! Fish or cut bait. And why are you so eager to plunge a stake through the heart of my favorite TV show? There's such an eagerness to believe the absolute worst of S9 (another phase I went through) that it's almost perverse. July will be here soon enough & the proof shall be in the pudding soon afterwards. Besides, there is cause for optimism ...
          Item: Grace was S7's highest-rated episode in syndication, notching a 2.5 (the S8 season finale on the Skiffy drew a 2.4), so the "Carter audience" is clearly a force to be reckoned with.
          Item: Have you noticed how much less cleavage Vala has been showing in the last two "sneak peeks"? Perhaps the dismay in fandom has been heard up in Vancouver. If so, score another one for vox populi, vox dei.
          Don't ever leave us for that long again, Carterslave! See my PM to you!

If Dr. Scully, M.D. suddenly took an interest in Goa'uld physiology & reported for duty at Cheyenne Mtn., you would not hear one iota of complaint from me.)
          Interesting concept......

Wow! That was fast work. Thanks for doing it, especially as the Promo Weasels insist on using that hyper-fast, Max Headroom cutting style, meaning that most of the spot was a frenetic 'blipvert.'
          I can only draw two conclusions from the trailer:
          1) They don't have any usable Carter footage yet. (The Browder clips looked like they came from the first episode or two.)
          2) The generally negative reaction to Vala's plummeting decollatage has had an effect. Last week's spot had Claudia Black in a turtleneck & she's not showing much skin in this one, either.
          Did anyone think the promo seemed really Jack-heavy? That puzzled me. I mean, I'd like to be pleased, but with only a two-ep commitment from RDA at this time, it seemed a little overly filled with Jack.

Jack, Jack--don't leave us!!!!!

(Sorry---briefly lost it again. Ok now....I think.)

It could have been worse ... they could have shown us a long clip of Jaffas talking politics. S8's Free Jaffa subplot is like C-Span in Space.
          C-Span in Space! That's rich.....just wonderful! C-Span in Space. I'm still laughing here!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Yep, TPTB absolutely got the right message ... here's a preview of what Vala will be wearing for Episode 12 ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...lareformed.jpg

Thank God, they heard our prayers!
          Hilarious!!!!!!

Teal'c: Yes, General Hammond. It is true. I caught them kissing in a broom closet, and I brought them to you.

Vala's Ep 12 wardrobe! C-Span in Space! I may laugh til morning!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Uber.....could you please post the exchange between you and Joe on his thread? Remember, I don't go there anymore, because he turns me into a stark raving lunatic!!!!! So, I count on you guys to let me know when he posts something worth reading.
            Okay...here's my question:

As delighted as I am about Ben Browder joining the cast, I and a bunch of the other fine folks of the Sam's A Great Character thread are a smidge concerned by the sense that the focus will be about the new guys, new technology, etc., and kind of shelving the others...in this case, Sam, who by the way is also an accomplished pilot and strong leader.

We haven't seen much reference to her being a former Tok'ra host by way of her using cool Goa'uld technology in a while...we finally got to see her utilize her piloting skills in Covenant but, besides her gift at technospeak and her mean wielding of a Carter special or P90, she's painfully underutilized (although we were thrilled to learn that the world's leading theoretical astrophysicist could also run a fax machine).

Is the fact that there's a lot being said about Cameron in Season 9 (as opposed to Daniel/Sam/Teal'c) just because we don't know him yet or is it an example of the direction the show will be heading in the future?

We get that there's a whole hush-hush aspect to giving out spoilers, especially if they're about key players/major storylines...and we know you are real excited about the new season and characters, but the reason we've been watching the past NINE years is because of the three primary ones. Is there a reason we are hearing so little about our original characters? Could you toss a bone to some of your faithful lapdogs please? Just a small bone. A bone-ette.Mary Beth aka ÜberSG-1Fan
            and Joe's answer:
            Originally posted by JMallozzi
            Given the fact that we'll be introducing a new villain, introducing a new dynamic to the Jaffa storyline we've followed for the past 8 years, and adding a new member to the team, most of the spoilers will focus on those general aspects of the show's 9th season as opposed to the specifics of the individual characters. Add to that the fact that the episodes people are talking about happen to be the first five episodes of the season (because they are further along the production pipeline) and, coincidentally, happen to be the first five episodes prior to Amanda's full-time return and, well, you can understand why most of the spoilers haven't focused on Sam. Still, there will be plenty of focus on Sam (and Daniel, and Teal'c, and Mitchell) over the course of this upcoming season. As in previous seasons, there will be episodes that will focus on the team and episodes that will focus on the individual team members.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Dang, Uber.....a real, honest to goodness, informative answer. Congratulations! I bow to you!

By the way, need to ask you about something else. Look for an e-mail from me.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                So glad to see you are posting with us again! I love your sense of humor!
                Thank you very kindly. I'm glad to see that my errant whimsy occasionally hits the target. 'Tis a poor thing, but mine own.
                Congratulations also to Über. Not only did JM respond but he did so in a very long & courteous paragraph—quite unusual for him when he's answering questions about the show per se. So something about Über's style must have done the trick—maybe it was the line about the fax machine.
                (I'm enjoying all the ongoing, Vala-inspired photo & caption whimsy, too.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  On other topics, my goodness! I go out of town for the day, and you all turn into stand-up comedians:
                  Don't ever leave us for that long again, Carterslave! See my PM to you!
                  Did anyone think the promo seemed really Jack-heavy?
                  Bet-hedging much, SciFi? That's a real tightrope-walk to be sure. They want folks to know there'll be a smidgen of RDA next season but they also run the risk of making it seem like he'll be in there a lot more than he really is. This promo stuff is a classic case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." TPTB have my sympathy.

Thanks for the love. I didn't "leave." The forum keeps leaving me. As you're probably aware, GW is experiencing myriad technical problems. My digests keep getting cut off; reading the threads online is not an option for several reasons, mainly the extreme slowness of the page loads & a recent tendency for GW to crash my browser. Repeatedly. [/rant]
                  So ... did I miss anything good?
                  (Other than your marvelous selves, that is.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Proofing Strix varia's fan letter ... BEAUTIFUL letter, although one little nit, it's Role model, not roll
                    That may be true ... when Sam was, indeed, a roll model, she didn't do too well ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamRoll.jpg

Comment

That may be true ... when Sam was, indeed, a roll model, she didn't do too well ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamRoll.jpg
                      ROTFLOL! (practicing my own rolls )

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        When i first started watching the show, rda was why i turned the set on....Sam and amanda is why i've kept watching.
                        I know this is a while back, but I would have to agree,RDA is the whole reason I started to watch SG and AT is why kept on watching it. I think she is a really great character,and the fact that she can pull off the whole woman-of-the-team thing is really cool,I mean the rest on the Scifi chicks don't even measure up to Sam,and her pure genius! Whoo hoo,go AT!

Comment

If it pleases the Kingdom of Samanda, the Royal Researcher has just found another diversion for the citizens:

Someone has just started a favorite episodes contest thread, and voting is now in round 1. If you want to participate, go to:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...94#post4295894

Right now, they're starting by voting to eliminate their LEAST FAVORITE episodes. Of course, we'll want Sam-centric eps to win, right?

Just thought you might like to know.

Comment

hey! joe answered my sam question!

You deserve a great big congrats! Great question and you got him to actually answer. Amazing! Not a one or two word tease, but a "whole" answer.

Excellent! Score one for Samanda and her loyal and very intelligent citizens!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                              This time I think I got it right! And it's just for 1speed4Sam....it's personalized.

Well, that's it for baking today. It's too hot in the kitchen. Enjoy!
                              Mmm, yummy. Many thanks, O Royal Baker, I'll have that for my supper tonight (although I have to admit, I think you were on the right track with the more, erm, *twisted* cake).

And sorry I had to dash off last night, but I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.

On the subject of which, many thanks also to tsaxlady for the supplies.

You're very lovely people.

1s4S

Comment

"State College" is in north central Pennsylvania and is the town that is home to the main campus of Penn State, home of the Nittany Lions. That's their football team, not any roaming predators ... although, from the weekend that you were describing, it may very well turn into a bunch of roaming predators.

Penn State is a huge system of campuses and State College is located in a very picturesque part of Pennsylvania.
                                I fell into a very clean gutter ... the citizens of Samanda are very tidy and civic-minded.
                                AKA "Linebacker U", I believe (or am I getting my NCAA in a twist here?).

Thanks for the geography lesson, CG - my old Rand McNally showed me where it was, but didn't give any details. The SSWC website says the bike trails are very interesting round there - maybe one day...

And delighted to hear you didn't sully yourself on your trip to the gutter. Praise be to the Samanda Cleansing Department!!!

1s4S

Comment

Working...
                                X