Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Daniel of screen: Really guys I was ascended and this is the way Oma sent me back again

O'Neill: I'm not buy it. You Carter?
    Carter: Nope Teal'c
    Teal'c: Perhaps Daniel Jackson wants to save the costume department more money than Vala
    LOL! I can't rep you... but gosh this was funny!

My LJ

Comment

Well, here is my note to Amanda for The Tome. I don't have much experience writing fan letters, but I hope this sounds okay.

Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for bringing the character of Sam Carter to life. Sam is a wonderful role model for women of all ages (strong, competent, intelligent), and without your amazing acting talents, she would not be the inspiration that she is. Stargate SG-1 has provided me with many hours of delightful escapism, some of them during very difficult periods of my life, and for that you have my eternal gratitude and respect. Thank you for the long hours you put in on the set; thank you for working so hard to be such a great actress; thank you for treating your fans so well; and thank you for, well, being you.
      Last edited by Strix varia; 11 June 2005, 07:10 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Mmm, I can taste it already - thank you ever so much.

And the (real) place is called "State College". Have to admit it doesn't actually mean a whole lot to me, seeing as I'm on the other side of The Pond.

1s4S
        "State College" is in north central Pennsylvania and is the town that is home to the main campus of Penn State, home of the Nittany Lions. That's their football team, not any roaming predators ... although, from the weekend that you were describing, it may very well turn into a bunch of roaming predators.

Penn State is a huge system of campuses and State College is located in a very picturesque part of Pennsylvania.
        I fell into a very clean gutter ... the citizens of Samanda are very tidy and civic-minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Well, here is my note to Amanda for The Tome. I don't have much experience writing fan letters, but I hope this sounds okay.

Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for bringing the character of Sam Carter to life. Sam is a wonderful roll model for women of all ages (strong, competent, intelligent), and without your amazing acting talents, she would not be the inspiration that she is. Stargate SG-1 has provided me with many hours of delightful escapism, some of them during very difficult periods of my life, and for that you have my eternal gratitude and respect. Thank you for the long hours you put in on the set; thank you for working so hard to be such a great actress; thank you for treating your fans so well; and thank you for, well, being you.
          Excellent and eloquent or excellently eloquent or eloquently excellent ... you get the point, and you get THE RED BEAN OF ELOCUTION!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dAppleBean.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
            ROFL.....ok, try this one smarty pants.....hmmm, still has a few flowers.

Um, a bit too off the wallish? I think I just made up a word.

Back to the kitchen......
            Great (and unusual) cakes oh Royal Baker! I dare say I got dizzy looking at this one! Looks like something Alice in Wonderland would serve at her tea party!

Jester

Comment

Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for bringing the character of Sam Carter to life. Sam is a wonderful roll model for women of all ages (strong, competent, intelligent), and without your amazing acting talents, she would not be the inspiration that she is. Stargate SG-1 has provided me with many hours of delightful escapism, some of them during very difficult periods of my life, and for that you have my eternal gratitude and respect. Thank you for the long hours you put in on the set; thank you for working so hard to be such a great actress; thank you for treating your fans so well; and thank you for, well, being you.
              Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Excellent and eloquent or excellently eloquent or eloquently excellent ... you get the point, and you get THE RED BEAN OF ELOCUTION!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dAppleBean.jpg

I second ChopinGal's comments! Nicely stated words from the heart.

Comment

Dear Amanda,

Personally, I think it's perfect. It sounds like it came from your heart and I'm certain it did. Don't change a thing.

Comment

hey! joe answered my sam question!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    hey! joe answered my sam question!

Yeah, he seems to be assuring everyone that we will see Sam in action and that the necessary hype had to go to the beginning episodes for now. See? And you were worried about the tone of your post ... kudos! The O'Neillium must have been deactivated after all.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed ... for Sam!

And you made Post 9100 with the good news about Joe M answering your post!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                      2) The generally negative reaction to Vala's plummeting decollatage has had an effect. Last week's spot had Claudia Black in a turtleneck & she's not showing much skin in this one, either.
                      Is it possible that Vala was in that leather getup just for that one episode and for a specific purpose? According to spoilers in would seem that
                      Spoiler:
                      she used to be the local god

Doesn't it seem likely that the other images of Vala, fully clothed, would have been produced during the same time period - some even earlier - at any rate, before we fans got to see any of them?
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Dear Amanda,

BEAUTIFUL letter, although one little nit, it's Role model, not roll
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          ROFL.....ok, try this one smarty pants.....hmmm, still has a few flowers.

Um, a bit too off the wallish? I think I just made up a word.

Back to the kitchen......
                          LOL! What a great cake!

Dear Amanda,

Beautiful note, Strix! I've put it into the Collection (And I changed roll to role after Sky caught it )
                          Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 June 2005, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            BEAUTIFUL letter, although one little nit, it's Role model, not roll
                            Ugh... thank you.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Thanks! It went so fast I couldn't tell if they were old or new clips. But the important thing to me is that AT was actually IN the clips. Yeah! Do you think they've heard our psychic pain? --or looked at this thread?
                              i know, isn't it *wonderful*!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Well it seems I'm back on the net again, with my *own* wireless connection. Five days without the net and my husband comes home from a business trip and within two minutes he has the thing working again.

*Grumbles to self about being an idiot*

Oh and my 4yr old just told me she wants to go get her hair cut short like Carter, so I'm trying to figure out what season to go with. Any suggestions?

Kat
                                I liked Sam's hair in season six. That's how I had my hair cut. Now I feel glamorous AND ready to kick Goa'uld butt!
                                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                                Hic Comitas Regit
                                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Working...
                                X