Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    I didn't mean that Gillian Anderson wasn't an excellent actress. I was just trying to make a comparison. GA spent 10 years in the X-Files, and I personally expected to see more of her. I didn't realize that she had become a parent and had chosen to raise her child, forgoing her career, either long or short term. I think it's wonderful. I'm certain AT is thrilled with Olivia, and should she decide that her child is more important than her career, I say more power to her. I would miss her very much, but I can understand her motives. A child is a precious thing, and they grow up so quickly......you blink and you're waving good-bye as they head off to school.

Guess that's it. I'm now in a very strange mood. Sorry.
    Actually Gillian had Piper in the early seasons of the X-files. She, like AT had a Nanny on site which I think is great. Not too many working moms can have their kids at their work place.

Like you I was expecting to see more from GA, but DD career didn't actually take off either after the X-Files.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      My Dearest Jester,

Allow me to point you in the direction of your own "State College", on the weekend of 20-21st August. There you will find one-speeds aplenty, with the added bonuses (boni?) of drinking , amusing facial hair , nudity , tattoos , and piercings .

Unfortunately I shall not be attending on this occasion - I'm still working on the facial hair...

1s4S
      I am now very reluctant to ask where all this is occurring.....amusing facial hair???? May I ask how can facial hair be amusing?

As for biking and beans....another no comment.

I better get back to the kitchen, me thinks I've been away from the ovens too long, or maybe I spend too much time there and my brains are fried.

And 1s4S, delayed congrats on your 100th post. I'm not being allowed to jello you ( ), but will when the system deems it "appropiate."

Comment

spoilers for s7

i wanted to share with you guys this really neat dream i had this morning.

all i can remember is it starting with... sam and janet are stationed somewhere together (i think area 51, because of the scenary). oh, when i dream about stargate stuff, it's always like i'm watching an episode. anyhoo, the base is being attacked, and sam and janet are behind a car, while gun fire and bombs are going off. i can't really remember what janet and/or sam said at this point, only that sam was going to go do something to save everyone that was prob going to get her killed. janet knew this too, and started to say goodbye to sam or something. sam said she didn't want to think of this, and then started to cry (amanda was *wonderful* in this scene!). anyways, she was going to go off and do whatever it was that was super dangerous.

then the scene changed to sometime in the future, where sam's sitting in a room and being told what janet went through when she thought sam was dead. sam's back at that base, listening to another woman explain janet's sorrow. (i have this vague image of janet getting mad at someone during her grief there.) the only dialog i can remember is sam saying, 'and i'm living through this now' (meaning she, herself, going through grieving for her friend).

i can't remember anything in between these scenes. like, what did sam do? why was she missing for a few days? how/where did they find her? (i'm not even sure i dreamed them; i might have just skipped over them). all i know is it shifted to sam saying to this woman that she's going through what janet did then, with grieving for her lost friend. (some more good emotional beats for sam/amanda )

i sooooo wish stargate would have dealt with sam's situation of not only missing janet (her best friend), but how she handled cassie after that. sam's friendship with janet was my second fave (jack being first) relationship for sam on the show. (if i were into janet/teryl like i am amanda, i would have been devastated by 'heroes'. then ticked to mammoth proportions by her being forgotten. totally).

k, just wanted to share my awesome dream. my fave part of it was sam starting to cry (then fighting it) when she knew she was going off to her possible death. like i said, amanda was wonderful!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I'm a huge fan of the hair cut from "Prodigy"

This particular style might not work for your daughter, but happy haircutting!
          Great choice, Chevron7
          Originally posted by jckfan55
          Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Just jumping in here to say that if AT did leave after 9 I think it would be good for her. After watching her grow and get better as an actor over these 8 years and after watching how she has continued to impress the awards people as well, I often think that SG (and no offense to SG) is holding her back. She probably makes good $, she gets a lot of respect from her peers in Canada, she probably has a good life in Vancouver but I have felt for the past several years that if she were free to go after some big leading lady roles (whether in Canada or Hollywood) she would likely shine - that's jmo and I know it's hard to give up a good (heck great) thing with a dependable income that is close to home. I often picture her in Meg Ryan type movies like City of Angels with Nicholas Cage and Sleepless in Seattle and the one with Billy Crystal and the infamous deli scene I cannot remember the name of, she could also play roles like that of Kristin Scott-Thomas in The English Patient and on the other hand I also think she could handle things like GI Jane that starred Demi Moore (I'm not saying that was a great movie, I thought it was horrible, just that she could play that role as well as many other types of roles) and those are just a few I also think she could carry an action movie as well, she is very versatile that way. I definitely think she cold have played the role of Mrs. Smith oposite Brad Pitt in the new movie just out - AT can do kick-a$$, comedy and drama - she is the whole magilla. I hope one day she does make it in a big movie ( or a hit TV series on network TV).
          I love your phrase. I think she's a loyal person and realizes Stargate has been a good opportunity for her and may have thus been hesitant to bail (like some actors do once they become big). But I agree, she could do more. If she leaves before the end of the run, this would be a good news/bad news situation. Great for her & I'd be happy for her, but I'd miss her in the show. Then again, maybe we'd still get to see her work in the US.
          Well put bink and jckfan
          I nominate myself for "Minister without portfolio." (In case you're not sure what that is: a minister who is not in charge of a particular department, but still takes part in government decisions. It's a term I've run across, but I had to double check the definition, so I figured others might not be sure what it is.)
          I second Jckfan's nomination for Minister Without Portfolio (love it!)
          Phew, that was a close one!!! In case anybody hadn’t noticed (oh go on, somebody must have… ), I’ve been locked out of the Kingdom for the past couple of days. All I did was update the email address in my profile, and ZAP!!! According to GW Central, they’ve had a technical problem which prevented them verifying my identity - sabotage by the Goa’uld maybe? Or the Sam-Bashers?

Anyway my Fellow Samandans, I’m just dropping by to say I’m now back amongst you.

And to celebrate my 100th post (all on SaGC), I thought I’d share with you this image of the faithful 1speed steed (AKA The Inbred), taking a short break from patrolling the tracks and trails of our beloved Kingdom.

OK, it may not look like much (especially when compared to the Royal Accountant‘s ultra-lightweight, built-out-of-tin-cans, gazillion-speed flying machine), but I can assure you that it is fully equipped with the latest stealth technology, giving it the capability to sneak up on any Sam-Bashers who may attempt to infiltrate our hallowed Land.

Admittedly, this capability is usually compromised by the ragged breathing, thumping heartbeat, and creaking knees of the pilot, but rest assured we are doing our best to keep Samanda a safe and Sam-Friendly place.

And I don’t suppose I could have some of that lovely cake now? You just don’t know how hard I’ve found these last few days, watching it being passed around and not being able to have any…

1s4S
          LOL! Great to have you back 1speed!
          I don't have cake handy... so how about some Royal Blue?
          Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for s7

i wanted to share with you guys this really neat dream i had this morning.

all i can remember is it starting with... sam and janet are stationed somewhere together (i think area 51, because of the scenary). oh, when i dream about stargate stuff, it's always like i'm watching an episode. anyhoo, the base is being attacked, and sam and janet are behind a car, while gun fire and bombs are going off. i can't really remember what janet and/or sam said at this point, only that sam was going to go do something to save everyone that was prob going to get her killed. janet knew this too, and started to say goodbye to sam or something. sam said she didn't want to think of this, and then started to cry (amanda was *wonderful* in this scene!). anyways, she was going to go off and do whatever it was that was super dangerous.

then the scene changed to sometime in the future, where sam's sitting in a room and being told what janet went through when she thought sam was dead. sam's back at that base, listening to another woman explain janet's sorrow. (i have this vague image of janet getting mad at someone during her grief there.) the only dialog i can remember is sam saying, 'and i'm living through this now' (meaning she, herself, going through grieving for her friend).

i can't remember anything in between these scenes. like, what did sam do? why was she missing for a few days? how/where did they find her? (i'm not even sure i dreamed them; i might have just skipped over them). all i know is it shifted to sam saying to this woman that she's going through what janet did then, with grieving for her lost friend. (some more good emotional beats for sam/amanda )

i sooooo wish stargate would have dealt with sam's situation of not only missing janet (her best friend), but how she handled cassie after that. sam's friendship with janet was my second fave (jack being first) relationship for sam on the show. (if i were into janet/teryl like i am amanda, i would have been devastated by 'heroes'. then ticked to mammoth proportions by her being forgotten. totally).

k, just wanted to share my awesome dream. my fave part of it was sam starting to cry (then fighting it) when she knew she was going off to her possible death. like i said, amanda was wonderful!

sally
          I can't rep you with green jello, Sally, so here's some of the Royal Blue

Comment

My Dearest Jester,

Allow me to point you in the direction of your own "State College", on the weekend of 20-21st August. There you will find one-speeds aplenty, with the added bonuses (boni?) of drinking , amusing facial hair , nudity , tattoos , and piercings .

Unfortunately I shall not be attending on this occasion - I'm still working on the facial hair...

1s4S
            My Dear Royal Bikester

It is good to have you back on patrol. As to the nudity and tattoos and piercings ... methinks I shall pass on that and wait for the Local Tatoo Parlor to open soon, next to the Royal Bakery.

Ah, yes, after our weekly session with Madam VP, who has begun her royal practice as a couples counselor, Murray and I will pledge our unending troth with mutual tattoos. The Couples Counselor encouraged us to show some physical sign of our affection, thus we are deep in discussion about the proper symbols to be displayed. Any suggestions?

In the meantime, be content to know that I attempted the mighty Manayunk Mile this past weekend in a nearby location, but fell off my bike at the base of the incline. I then lay in the gutter and quenched my thirst whilst a dizzying array of speedsters passed me by. It was almost a religious experience watching those whizzing spokes go by ... I swear I saw the Royal Accountant leading the pack.

Do keep your royal cycle ever ready ... many new citizens have entered the kingdom; traffic is building. We may have to install light switches at the local intersections. And we may all have to proceed with caution a bit more.

Vigilate!

Jester

Comment

Just a reminder to vote for AT each day

http://www.syfyportal.com

The polls are only open for a few more days

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Just a reminder to vote for AT each day

http://www.syfyportal.com

The polls are only open for a few more days
                I have every confidence that her royal highness will be victorious...

HAS EVERYONE GOTTEN THEIR JELL-O YET???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Guess that Episode or Add a Caption:

Comment

If she leaves before the end of the run, this would be a good news/bad news situation. Great for her & I'd be happy for her, but I'd miss her in the show. Then again, maybe we'd still get to see her work in the U.S.
                    Well, I'll be jiggered. I leave for a few days & this thread goes completely schizo. Actually, jckfan55's quote is one of the milder ones.
                    At first there was near-panic: Sam's getting pushed aside, she's not in the previews, she's not getting any lurve in the press, etc. (I feel your pain: I went through a similar phase myself earlier this year; I'm much more sanguine now.) There was talk of an inspired "blue jello" campaign to show support for AT. All well & good.
                    Now it's "Amanda should leave the show—now. It's tanking. It's going to drag her down," etc., etc.
                    C'mon, dudes! Fish or cut bait. And why are you so eager to plunge a stake through the heart of my favorite TV show? There's such an eagerness to believe the absolute worst of S9 (another phase I went through) that it's almost perverse. July will be here soon enough & the proof shall be in the pudding soon afterwards. Besides, there is cause for optimism ...
                    Item: Grace was S7's highest-rated episode in syndication, notching a 2.5 (the S8 season finale on the Skiffy drew a 2.4), so the "Carter audience" is clearly a force to be reckoned with.
                    Item: Have you noticed how much less cleavage Vala has been showing in the last two "sneak peeks"? Perhaps the dismay in fandom has been heard up in Vancouver. If so, score another one for vox populi, vox dei.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                      Remember Gillian Anderson? She did how many seasons on the X-Files? She won how many awards (an Emmy or two) for best actress? Seen her lately?
                      If I'm not mistaken, she's gone back to the theatre, where her roots are. The X-Files gave her financial independence—particularly from having to do junk just to make a buck. If you haven't seen her outstanding performance in the independent film, The House of Mirth you've missed something wonderful. Given that Scully is still a major pop-culture icon, I'm sure Gillian doesn't have to worry about being forgotten anytime soon.
                      (OTOH, if Dr. Scully, M.D. suddenly took an interest in Goa'uld physiology & reported for duty at Cheyenne Mtn., you would not hear one iota of complaint from me.)

Comment

Okay folks so how many of you saw the new season 9 promo trailer on SciFi last night? Come on raise your hand if you did. For those that don't get SciFi and may be think 'Did we finally get to see Sam?' The answer is yes sort of ?!? How can that be you ask? Well let me show you here are screencaps of what we saw of Sam

Notice anything about these - that's right campers these are all old clips - nothing new of Sam

One good thing I did see in the trailer and that was a clip of Vala with some clothes on finally

Sorry about the quality of these but I was working from a bad video - If you have not seen the trailer and want to see the whole thing here is a post with link to trailer http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=14
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          "Colonel, we can't do this women-in-prison fantasy of yours if Janet's not here. And that Andromeda chick doesn't do it for me *at all,* sir."

... or ...

You've gotta bust me out of here, sir. The warden keeps giving me the eye ... and it's Vala—in leather. Why are you getting so excited, Jack? Jack?!?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            'Did we finally get to see Sam?' The answer is yes sort of ?!? How can that be you ask? Well let me show you here are screencaps of what we saw of Sam:

Notice anything about these - that's right campers these are all old clips - nothing new of Sam.
                            Wow! That was fast work. Thanks for doing it, especially as the Promo Weasels insist on using that hyper-fast, Max Headroom cutting style, meaning that most of the spot was a frenetic 'blipvert.'
                            I can only draw two conclusions from the trailer:
                            1) They don't have any usable Carter footage yet. (The Browder clips looked like they came from the first episode or two.)
                            2) The generally negative reaction to Vala's plummeting decollatage has had an effect. Last week's spot had Claudia Black in a turtleneck & she's not showing much skin in this one, either.

It could have been worse ... they could have shown us a long clip of Jaffas talking politics. S8's Free Jaffa subplot is like C-Span in Space.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                              Wow! That was fast work. Thanks for doing it, especially as the Promo Weasels insist on using that hyper-fast, Max Headroom cutting style, meaning that most of the spot was a frenetic 'blipvert.'
                              1) They don't have any usable Carter footage yet. (The Browder clips looked like they came from the first episode or two.)
                              2) The generally negative reaction to Vala's plummeting decollatage has had an effect. Last week's spot had Claudia Black in a turtleneck & she's not showing much skin in this one, either.

It could have been worse ... they could have shown us a long clip of Jaffas talking politics. S8's Free Jaffa subplot is like C-Span in Space.
                              LOL

Most of the new footage is from the first 1-3 episodes - we have yet to see new footage of Sam and Daniel without the facial hair which we know from the most recent con reports he has shaved off.

There has been some discuss on another thread as to O'Neill's rank - I think it is to hard to make out for sure in the clip - but it is pretty clear that Landry is a
                              Spoiler:
                              Major General - two stars here is a link to a cap of that image if you want to check it out http://img205.echo.cx/img205/8314/landry0aq.jpg
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

"Colonel, we can't do this women-in-prison fantasy of yours if Janet's not here. And that Andromeda chick doesn't do it for me *at all,* sir."

So glad to see you are posting with us again! I love your sense of humor!

Comment

Working...
                                X