Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Naw...I just had to pick on a couple of Samandans at random. Except for Kat...she's just EEEVVVILLLL.

You know this reminds me...it's been awhile since I've said this and now clearly is a good time to say it again...

I am a smart aleck and am incredibly snarky by nature...as to the level of snark, think "Jack O'Neill" on a good day. I crack jokes almost ALL THE TIME...that is unless I'm in one of my moods to defend something or someone...

So don't take me seriously. Ever. Unless you're supposed to take me seriously. Like when I'm being serious. But sometimes it's seriously difficult to tell when I'm being snarky or when I'm being serious.

Just remember, I NEVER mean to offend anyone...so if I do, it's unintentional.

And I mean that.

Seriously.

Yes, and if you ever wanna get back at her? Talk about how the only true S/J pairing is Sam/Janet

Comment

Phew Uber you had me worried that I'd posted something a bit off that us Brits may class as humour!!!

Comment

Yes, that is me, evil incarnate!!!

I have an ability of getting in under people's skin and annoying the hell out of them...

oh wait...

I think I'm confusing myself with Uber.

DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Phew Uber you had me worried that I'd posted something a bit off that us Brits may class as humour!!!
          May it never be that I ever really offend any of my dear Samandan friends and fellow court jesters...I mean, members...

And as for British comedy, two of my very favorite comedies of all time are British...

And they are (in no particular order)....

* Keeping Up Appearances...how can anyone NOT love a show with a character so obsessed with social station that she changes the pronounciation of her last name from Bucket to Bouquet to sound more uptown?

* Fawlty Towers...John Cleese. Nuff said.
          Last edited by Uber; 08 June 2005, 11:12 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

An Ode to TPTB
            from the Blue Jello Brigade

Roses are red
            Jello is blue
            Give us Sam Carter
            Don't make us stew

Bring her back strong
            Bring her back well
            Let her kick butt
            And send bad guys to h...

Well, you get the point
            Sam can't be replaced
            She's the heart of the show
            Should not be disgraced

We trust that you love her
            As much as her fans
            We can't wait to see how
            She fits in S9 plans

Keep this blue jello
            As a fan-friendly treat
            Write Sam active and lively
            She's a hard act to beat!
            Excellente as always dear poet!

I'm sure there will be many a Samandan here who are considering ripping off your poem...I mean, PAY HOMAGE to your poem...by including it with the Blue Jello submissions...

Have you all bought your blue jello yet?!??!? Have you written your nice note to TPTB??!?!?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

QUICK REMINDER....

Only SIX DAYS LEFT OF VOTING ON SYFYPORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's make it count! Vote EVERY DAY!!!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/

Comment

Hi guys!

I just wanted to say goodbye before I head out for a family reunion in... 4 hours... Heh heh (It's almost 3 am right now ). You guys have a great week and a half, and I hope syfyportal works out! I'll try to get comp access, if I can, of course, to see what's going on in Gate World - both the website and the fandom, itself...

Now... before I go... Just what does one do when one feels like one is not doing one's job as the Royal Media Analyst, etc. How does one find out if one was even voted into that position?

Too vague?

Have a great week guys!

~Spaz

Comment

To the Honored Royal Court of Samanda,

I am pleased to report that the chocolate making is proceeding well, but until they are ready to present, I thought you might like some Jellybeans. I hope I have included all your favorites.

Your humble servant,

Atteria

(A special note to the dancer of spaz....may you have a safe journey and a wonderful reunion. Return to Samanda soon, you will be missed. )

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Hi guys!

I just wanted to say goodbye before I head out for a family reunion in... 4 hours... Heh heh (It's almost 3 am right now ). You guys have a great week and a half, and I hope syfyportal works out! I'll try to get comp access, if I can, of course, to see what's going on in Gate World - both the website and the fandom, itself...

Now... before I go... Just what does one do when one feels like one is not doing one's job as the Royal Media Analyst, etc. How does one find out if one was even voted into that position?

Too vague?

Have a great week guys! Spaz
                    Dear Royal Media Analyst

It is official ... your name and title do appear in the Royal Roll Call of Samanda (check out Post 6973 on page 349).

And keep checking the media for any news flashes about the Queen!

Enjoy your vacation

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                      To the Royal Court of Samanda,

I am dismayed that my earlier offering of pastries and bread did not please you. I will return to the royal kitchen and try some new recipes. In the meantime, please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

My Good Baker

It seems that you have misunderstood my former note regarding your exquisite pastries and delicious temptations. Just as Royal Photographer has been doing, I was munching on one of your sinfully rich creations even as I penned my note. A blob of rich cream actually fell onto my writing paper and I dutifully licked it off before continuing ... 'tis a messy job, but someone had to do it.

We Royal Hens will just have to be more active in order to balance the consumption of cakes and creams. I myself have asked our Royal Guard Patrol to provide a suitable one-speed cycle to help me keep in shape. The Royal Accountant has no such problem - she maintains a daily exercise on the hills and dales with her 107-speed naquadah-enhanced cycle. I understand that said bike was a present from the Queen herself in reward for keeping the Samandan budget in excellent order. Beans and bikes, that's our Royal Accountant's forte!

Yes, continue with the baked goods ... the aroma alone in the early morning wafts through Samanda and brings a smile to the lips and a growl to the tummy. Cake, we must have cake.

Cordially

Jester

Comment

Would the accountant-type-person who recently sent me a private email please email me again? Being the complete absent-minded goober that I am, I deleted your message, got distracted by real work before adding you to the list, and promptly forgot your name.

Perhaps I would be better suited for being the village idiot, rather than a member of security.

Hugs,
                        Strix

My LJ

Comment

... You know this reminds me...it's been awhile since I've said this and now clearly is a good time to say it again...

I am a smart aleck and am incredibly snarky by nature...as to the level of snark, think "Jack O'Neill" on a good day. I crack jokes almost ALL THE TIME...that is unless I'm in one of my moods to defend something or someone...

So don't take me seriously. Ever. Unless you're supposed to take me seriously. Like when I'm being serious. But sometimes it's seriously difficult to tell when I'm being snarky or when I'm being serious.

Just remember, I NEVER mean to offend anyone...so if I do, it's unintentional.

And I mean that.

Seriously.

Dear Royal Photographer and Martial Arts Expert (capable of kicking royal butts)

It has come to my attention that you did, indeed, receive a jolt or two of that famous mind-bending technology known as the "O'Neillium". I have the proof below ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../ONeillium.jpg

And further proof in the following conversation which was overheard at the time ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...umSamTealc.jpg

Teal'c: "Indeed, I saw this woman run up in front of O'Neill and grab for the device. What could she have been thinking?"

Sam: "Well, at least she saved Jack from reliving his own worst nightmare. What a hero! Who is this woman?!"

We know who the hero is! Our very own Royal Photographer ... now sharing in the O'Neillium depository of snarky knowledge: sarcastic wit, barbs, swipes, pokes, one-liners and plain in-your-face putdowns.

Yes, the in-your-face transfer of snarky wit will move our Royal Court member right up there in rank. It may even put a smile on her face! And, yes, Madam Vice-President may be a bit peeved, but this was a truly heroic act and should be rewarded, not condemned.

Cheers and congratulations! Use your newfound abilities with discretion, especially at other threads.

Jester and RA

Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 June 2005, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Perhaps I would be better suited for being the village idiot, rather than a member of security.

Hugs,
                            Strix
                            Aren't they one and the same?!

Ooh ... I'm in for it now ... I just borrowed some snark from Royal Photographer!

Hugs back, Jester

PS The Royal Accountant person is Coley if that will help.

Comment

Excellente as always dear poet!

I'm sure there will be many a Samandan here who are considering ripping off your poem...I mean, PAY HOMAGE to your poem...by including it with the Blue Jello submissions...

Have you all bought your blue jello yet?!??!? Have you written your nice note to TPTB??!?!?
                              Great minds think alike. I was wondering if this poem was going to be her letter.

Comment

I know this is going to sound stupid, but is anyone having trouble finding blue jello???? I've tried 3 food stores near me and NO blue jello. Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
                                X