X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Shades of Grey -I still have that other girl -Elvis Costello

Enjoy!
    Hmmm...seems to me this song might be better suited to 100 Days than Shades of Grey....

...but that's just me...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ooh...goodie... Redemption 2's on tonight...and that deliciously snarky Sam with McKay scene:

SAM: Before I take the credit for this. Shouldn't the EM pulse generator be pointed at the Gate?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Hmmm...seems to me this song might be better suited to 100 Days than Shades of Grey....

...but that's just me...

I thought that first, but in "Shades of Grey" he tells everone he's off back to "that" woman when he goes throught the Stargate - so "I still have that other woman" I was so sad for Sam when said did that!! Yup forgot the name of the woman!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee

Royal Jester
          I am pleased that my array of organic fruits and vegetables have passed your out most approval. I will endeavor to provide this Royal Court and its citizens only the best organic produce in the universe.

I take my leave (bows) to search far into the galaxy more organic produce.
          Royal Gardener
          Purity of product is most important ... be ever watchful! The Royal Accountant has her own garden of sloeberries. I hope they will pass your high standards. The Royal Liquor Cabinet will suffer greatly, if not.

Carry on, oh Royal Gardener.

Jester

Comment

I thought that first, but in "Shades of Grey" he tells everone he's off back to "that" woman when he goes throught the Stargate - so "I still have that other woman" I was so sad for Sam when said did that!! Yup forgot the name of the woman!!
            It's Laira and, yes, I felt bad seeing him with his duffel bag or suitcase or whatever walking up that ramp and Sam thinking he was going back to be with her.

Comment

If it please the subjects of the Kingdom, the Royal Researcher has found another jewel of information.

Just posted on GW is an article featuring SG-1 writer/producer Damien Kindler. In the bottom third of the article....and seemingly unrelated to any other information in the article......is a paragraph about AT returning to work with the Royal Princess, Baby Olivia, in tow.

Since that information seems so unrelated to the rest of the article (the badness of the Ori compared to the Goa'uld), me thinks word of Samandan angst has reached out to TPTB......and they have decided to mention our Queen in some of the pre-season ramblings.

For your consideration, the article is at:
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...thantheg.shtml
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 08 June 2005, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                To the Royal Court of Samanda;

(bows)

I would like to present a sampling of some breads and pastries that I baked, for your approval. I hope these meet with your very high standards. If there is anything else you desire, you have only to ask, and I will whip it up, tout suite!

If the Royal Gardener agrees, I would love to use some her beautiful organic fruits and vegetables, to make some country French meals for the Court. I await your pleasure.

(bows)

Atteria, Royal Baker/Chef
                Dear Royal Baker

You have outdone yourself. We will now have to hire a Royal Dietitian and Personal Trainer, especially for the Royal Hens who have slower metabolism in shedding those pounds.

But life is short and real cream cheese and sugar are irreplaceable ... so bake on!

A delighted Jester

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  If it please the subjects of the Kingdom, the Royal Researcher has found another jewel of information.

Just posted on GW is an article featuring writer/producer Damien Kindler. In the bottom third of the article....and seemingly unrelated to any other information in the article......is a paragraph about AT returning to work with Baby Olivia in tow.

Since that information seems so unrelated to the rest of the article (badness of the Ori compared to the Goa'uld), me thinks word of Samandan angst has reached out to TPTB......and they have decided to mention our Queen in some of the pre-season ramblings.

For your consideration, the article is at:
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...thantheg.shtml
                  Excellent observation and deduction Royal Researcher! Methinks the same thing. And once the blue jello hits the royal fan, we shall be awash in Samanda articles for sure!

Thank you for your attention to detail, and keep up the good work.

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Excellent observation and deduction Royal Researcher! Methinks the same thing. And once the blue jello hits the royal fan, we shall be awash in Samanda articles for sure!

Jester
                    All hail the Blue Jello Brigade!

Comment

An Ode to TPTB
                      from the Blue Jello Brigade

Roses are red
                      Jello is blue
                      Give us Sam Carter
                      Don't make us stew

Bring her back strong
                      Bring her back well
                      Let her kick butt
                      And send bad guys to h...

Well, you get the point
                      Sam can't be replaced
                      She's the heart of the show
                      Should not be disgraced

We trust that you love her
                      As much as her fans
                      We can't wait to see how
                      She fits in S9 plans

Keep this blue jello
                      As a fan-friendly treat
                      Write Sam active and lively
                      She's a hard act to beat!

Comment

ChopinGal, love the poem!!!!! And I find your earlier ideas intriguing and 99% plausible. I disagree only slightly on two hypothesis:

1. I think that everything you discussed has
                        Spoiler:
                        transpired in a matter of months, not years. I think it's happened in 6-12 months.

2. I don't think they'd let the shippers (me included!) have Sam & Jack
                        Spoiler:
                        married yet. But I do believe they are in a committed, long-distance relationship. After all they have been through, these two would be together,
                        as often and as much as possible!

Here's my take on what's happening in very first episode(s) of S9. They do seem to be wiggling and waggling a bit, but there was a new line at the GW Spoiler page which is very telling: when we next see the folks at SGC, it's going to be some time later (months? years?) since the ending of Moebius. Think about this and then set the new guys in context.

Spoiler:
                        A lot must have happened in which: major alien threats eliminated; Jaffa nation formed; Jack either retiring (we hope) or staying on in Wash DC with new position; the President (still Hayes?) making decisions to disband the SG off-world teams and reassigning personnel according to their former expertise. There are now more peaceful diplomatic missions rather than military.

Teal'c goes back to be part of the politics and leadership of Jaffa nation (probably on Dakarta); Daniel Jackson returns to archaeological career and university research/teaching or chooses off-world sites/cultures to further explore for SGC/the President; and Sam gets reassigned as Head of Developmental Research at Area 51. Maybe Daniel even helps her in cataloguing all the artifacts they've brought back to earth in eight years and then he gets to go visiting friendly planets.

Sam "who is no longer single" has actually developed a long-distance relationship with Jack and they probably marry. Both are now free of "rules and regulations".

SGC continues to maintain its base and reduced operations at Cheyenne Mountain. Cameron Mitchell, who had risked his life in the air battle with Anubis, recovers from his injuries and asks to be reassigned to the SGC because he has always been interested in learning more about it and greatly admires the original SG1 team. He knows Sam because they had done combat duty together in the Gulf war.

This is the scenario from which the new General Landry is operating. Former photos of past teams and commanders (Hammond and Weir and Jack) are hanging on the General's office wall.

If we think this way, it doesn't seem so threatening. I don't know how they will explain the interface with the Atlantis team around this jump in time, but it will help to separate our original team from the immediate adventures of Cam and company. According to latest spoilers, Cam gets assigned "but there is no SG1" at first ... so he is not "taking over" Sam's command. Then new threats and emergencies soon arise, and Landry has to recreate off-world military units and turns to Cam to head up the SG1 mission and then Cam goes after Daniel and Teal'c. Sam may be still unavailable - personal and professional - her honeymoon with Jack and her highly sensitive R&D at Area 51 where's she's on the brink of a mega discovery.

Ha! I can live with that ... when Cam and Daniel and Teal'c and Landry finally face an extreme challenge (BeachHead) they then call on Sam Carter who is seen as indispensable to the saving of the planet!

How the SG1 team then reconfigures or reunites will be the outcome of this risky mission.

Oh yea, what say?!
                        And Coley, I just wish I could tune in Samandan Radio! What is the frequency? It sounds like a great evening of listening.

The Oh Yea Times is pleased to report that Samandan Radio is on the air for one evening only - tonight – Despite being missed by no one at all.

The Royal Accountant has been taking a break from things after recent holiday excersions. Cooking, washing up and distraction from AT activities regarding 1speeds continued indoctrination have further depleted her usual stock of fettle – piling all her outdoor equipment up to protect infiltration of the Samandan liquor cabinet didn’t help her energy levels either (nor removing them to down a bottle of finest Fiddlers Elbow once 1speed had left to ease the stress of the day) but she has finally managed to put a selection of songs together to celebrate past episodes of our favourite series.

Don’t forget to tune in at 8 pm somewhere on medium wave

Shades of Grey -I still have that other girl -Elvis Costello
                        Affinity - Notice the ring?! -Chris Issak
                        Avatar - It's all in the game - Van Morrison
                        Avenger 2 - Worked it out wrong - Chris Issak
                        Chimera - He'll have to go -Ry Cooder
                        Cold Lazarus -Father and son -Cat Stevens
                        COTG -I feel posessed - Crowded House
                        Fallen - It's all coming back to me now -Celine Dion
                        Fire and Water - Here comes the ocean -Roddy Frame
                        Grace - Grace -U2
                        In the Line of Duty - The god in me is dead -Martyn Joseph
                        Matter Of Time -gravity of the situation -Hootie and the Blowfish
                        Meridian -Something happened on the way to heaven -Phil Collins
                        Message in a bottle -Message in a bottle -The Police
                        Mobius -Only time -Enya
                        Mobius pt 2 -Waiting for today to happen -The Lightening Seeds
                        Paradise Lost - I will find you -Clannad
                        Red Sky -Timing is everything -chris de burgh
                        Smoke and Mirrors - Private investigations -Dire Straits
                        Solitudes - Hole In the ice - Neil Finn
                        Space Race - Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
                        The Knox - Castle in the clouds - Beverley Craven
                        The Light - The light - David Gray
                        The Other Side - Both sides of the story - Phil Collins
                        Torment of Tantalus - Hard wired -Tracy Chapman
                        Touchstone -Blame it on the weathermen - B'witched
                        Upgrades - The winner takes it all - Abba
                        WOO - Stuck in a moment you can't getout of - U2
                        '1969 - Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
                        '2001 - Better not look down - BB King
                        Metamorphosis - Fever - Peggy Lee

Enjoy!
                        If you would accept my humble suggestions, I would like to put forward a couple of additions to your playlist, from the country charts:

Lost City 2 - No Place That Far, by Sara Evans
                        Threads - The Broken Road, by Rascal Flatts

Both are very A/C sounding, so they should blend well. I'd also like to suggest an alternate (or additional) song for one episode:

Moebius 2 - Save the Best for Last, by Vanessa Williams

Whew! What say ye, citizens of Samanda?

Comment

Jester
                          That's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                            To the Royal Court of Samanda;

(bows)

I would like to present a sampling of some breads and pastries that I baked, for your approval. I hope these meet with your very high standards. If there is anything else you desire, you have only to ask, and I will whip it up, tout suite!

If the Royal Gardener agrees, I would love to use some her beautiful organic fruits and vegetables, to make some country French meals for the Court. I await your pleasure.

(bows)

Atteria, Royal Baker/Chef
                            Atteria-Royal Baker/Chef
                            I am honored to offer the organic produce. Ask and you shall be you shall receive.
                            We must offer the Citizens of Samada the best possible food to keep them healthy and happy eaters.
                            Respectfully
                            Gatebee-Royal Gardener

Comment

I don't know how to address the court so I beg your forgivness if I address you in an inappropriate manner but I was just watching redemption and I loved when HRH (Her Royal Higness) said the following phrase:

Sam to Rodney: For the Record I hate you...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                                I don't know how to address the court so I beg your forgivness if I address you in an inappropriate manner but I was just watching redemption and I loved when HRH (Her Royal Higness) said the following phrase:

Sam to Rodney: For the Record I hate you...
                                Same for me LOL4Jack my fav. quote though is
                                Sam: I'm touched really. I wish I had a brillient plan to draw up for you.
                                Rodney: And your funny too. Even electrocuted. I mean I've got nothing
                                Sam: Your creeping me out Mckay

Comment

Working...
                                X