No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oh Yea Times is pleased to report that Samandan Radio is on the air for one evening only - tonight – Despite being missed by no one at all.

The Royal Accountant has been taking a break from things after recent holiday excersions. Cooking, washing up and distraction from AT activities regarding 1speeds continued indoctrination have further depleted her usual stock of fettle – piling all her outdoor equipment up to protect infiltration of the Samandan liquor cabinet didn’t help her energy levels either (nor removing them to down a bottle of finest Fiddlers Elbow once 1speed had left to ease the stress of the day) but she has finally managed to put a selection of songs together to celebrate past episodes of our favourite series.

Don’t forget to tune in at 8 pm somewhere on medium wave

Shades of Grey -I still have that other girl -Elvis Costello
    Affinity - Notice the ring?! -Chris Issak
    Avatar - It's all in the game - Van Morrison
    Avenger 2 - Worked it out wrong - Chris Issak
    Chimera - He'll have to go -Ry Cooder
    Cold Lazarus -Father and son -Cat Stevens
    COTG -I feel posessed - Crowded House
    Fallen - It's all coming back to me now -Celine Dion
    Fire and Water - Here comes the ocean -Roddy Frame
    Grace - Grace -U2
    In the Line of Duty - The god in me is dead -Martyn Joseph
    Matter Of Time -gravity of the situation -Hootie and the Blowfish
    Meridian -Something happened on the way to heaven -Phil Collins
    Message in a bottle -Message in a bottle -The Police
    Mobius -Only time -Enya
    Mobius pt 2 -Waiting for today to happen -The Lightening Seeds
    Paradise Lost - I will find you -Clannad
    Red Sky -Timing is everything -chris de burgh
    Smoke and Mirrors - Private investigations -Dire Straits
    Solitudes - Hole In the ice - Neil Finn
    Space Race - Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
    The Knox - Castle in the clouds - Beverley Craven
    The Light - The light - David Gray
    The Other Side - Both sides of the story - Phil Collins
    Torment of Tantalus - Hard wired -Tracy Chapman
    Touchstone -Blame it on the weathermen - B'witched
    Upgrades - The winner takes it all - Abba
    WOO - Stuck in a moment you can't getout of - U2
    '1969 - Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
    '2001 - Better not look down - BB King
    Metamorphosis - Fever - Peggy Lee

Enjoy!

Comment

Great post Strix re your holiday snaps!!! Are we having a knee fest in Samanda at some stage?

Astro - you posted some great comments from Uber and TDoS re Can v Sam in charge. Uber your post were superb and no reason to get a red zing!

Ahh Samfan thanks for the link to those Sam pictures. By the amount of attention 1speed was playing to the TV screen in Emancipation I suspect he will have already bookmarked this page!!

MSam - Many many many thanks for the vid, though I have failed to download it so far for some reason?!

NC - awesome job as ever re Ascention and clips many thanks it was lots of fun to read and listen!!

1Speed - Let a gal chose her publicity shots - I've got an AT lookalike myth to keep going!

Comment

Oh No!!!

Just taken a look at the Chris Judge interview

I had to come away from it. Don't know if comments have already been made as I have missed a few pages of posts - but he's oooozing over the new actors and going on about it being the best time he's had on the show and raving about how Claudia Black is so funny.

I'm afraid I'm off in a huff. No one's funnier than Amanda!!! Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!!!

Comment

Caption This

Sam: Sir, you can't keep me locked behind bars until I agree to go fishing!
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            The Oh Yea Times is pleased to report that Samandan Radio is on the air for one evening only - tonight – Despite being missed by no one at all.

The Royal Accountant has been taking a break from things after recent holiday excersions. Cooking, washing up and distraction from AT activities regarding 1speeds continued indoctrination have further depleted her usual stock of fettle – piling all her outdoor equipment up to protect infiltration of the Samandan liquor cabinet didn’t help her energy levels either (nor removing them to down a bottle of finest Fiddlers Elbow once 1speed had left to ease the stress of the day) but she has finally managed to put a selection of songs together to celebrate past episodes of our favourite series.

Don’t forget to tune in at 8 pm somewhere on medium wave

Shades of Grey -I still have that other girl -Elvis Costello
            Affinity - Notice the ring?! -Chris Issak
            Avatar - It's all in the game - Van Morrison
            Avenger 2 - Worked it out wrong - Chris Issak
            Chimera - He'll have to go -Ry Cooder
            Cold Lazarus -Father and son -Cat Stevens
            COTG -I feel posessed - Crowded House
            Fallen - It's all coming back to me now -Celine Dion
            Fire and Water - Here comes the ocean -Roddy Frame
            Grace - Grace -U2
            In the Line of Duty - The god in me is dead -Martyn Joseph
            Matter Of Time -gravity of the situation -Hootie and the Blowfish
            Meridian -Something happened on the way to heaven -Phil Collins
            Message in a bottle -Message in a bottle -The Police
            Mobius -Only time -Enya
            Mobius pt 2 -Waiting for today to happen -The Lightening Seeds
            Paradise Lost - I will find you -Clannad
            Red Sky -Timing is everything -chris de burgh
            Smoke and Mirrors - Private investigations -Dire Straits
            Solitudes - Hole In the ice - Neil Finn
            Space Race - Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
            The Knox - Castle in the clouds - Beverley Craven
            The Light - The light - David Gray
            The Other Side - Both sides of the story - Phil Collins
            Torment of Tantalus - Hard wired -Tracy Chapman
            Touchstone -Blame it on the weathermen - B'witched
            Upgrades - The winner takes it all - Abba
            WOO - Stuck in a moment you can't getout of - U2
            '1969 - Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
            '2001 - Better not look down - BB King
            Metamorphosis - Fever - Peggy Lee

Enjoy!
            What fun, Coley! Great matches between the episodes and the songs!
            You definitely deserve a respite... so here's some of the special stock of Royal Blue

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Caption This

Sam: Sir, you can't keep me locked behind bars until I agree to go fishing!
              LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                About who leads SG-1 in season 9:
                Spoiler:
                Since SG-1 has been disbanded or whatever the proper military term, then that must mean that Sam has been reassigned. Apparently she now runs things at Area 51 which, realistically, in a time of relative peace, must seem to her a plum assignment.
                Now, according to spoilers I've happened upon quite by accident (me? peek under the spoiler curtain? No way! ) it appears to me that
                Spoiler:
                SG-1 isn't so much formally formed as Col Mitchell kinda becomes the military man who tags along on the adventures of Daniel and Teal'c as they deal with stuff that comes up. It's not until Beachhead, I believe, that something so Earth-threatening requires that Sam has to be called in. Up until then, though, it doesn't really sound like Mitchell is leading a formally designated SG-1 team. Once Sam returns, will she want to be back on SG-1 permantly or will she be loaning herself out to SG-1 on a case-by-case basis(which just happens to be the case every week for 15 straight episodes ) while keeping her perhaps higher position at Area 51?

At least, that's how I interpret the vague sometimes contradictory statements I've happened upon - quite by accident.
                Spoiler:
                If she isn't reassigned to a permanent position on the team,
                could that mean AT wants out? As in no Season 10, should there be one???

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Hmmm, thats pretty interesting...
                  Here's a thought - Perhaps Mitchell and Carter served in the same unit together during the Gulf War?
                  that would be interesting--maybe she gave him instructions from her AWACs plane or something. (That has been the speculation about what she did in the Gulf). Then too, if they are = rank, they would probably fall into first names pretty quickly once they started working together.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                    could that mean AT wants out? As in no Season 10, should there be one???
                    Egad--if season 9 is any good, I hope not. But you know, for an actor, 10 years on one project is a long time. They want new challenges and don't want to get stale. I remember in one commentary where AT talked about the challenge of not getting too complacent in the role & in essence doing it on autopilot. I think that was back in season 5 even. Also she may want to have more kids soon.
                    I wish her the best, whatever she decides, & I'll try to only panic about one thing at a time.

Comment

Coley - your one-night of radio favorites are superb! That is, "if anyone is interested." LOL

Here's my take on what's happening in very first episode(s) of S9. They do seem to be wiggling and waggling a bit, but there was a new line at the GW Spoiler page which is very telling: when we next see the folks at SGC, it's going to be some time later (months? years?) since the ending of Moebius. Think about this and then set the new guys in context.

Spoiler:
                      A lot must have happened in which: major alien threats eliminated; Jaffa nation formed; Jack either retiring (we hope) or staying on in Wash DC with new position; the President (still Hayes?) making decisions to disband the SG off-world teams and reassigning personnel according to their former expertise. There are now more peaceful diplomatic missions rather than military.

Teal'c goes back to be part of the politics and leadership of Jaffa nation (probably on Dakarta); Daniel Jackson returns to archaeological career and university research/teaching or chooses off-world sites/cultures to further explore for SGC/the President; and Sam gets reassigned as Head of Developmental Research at Area 51. Maybe Daniel even helps her in cataloguing all the artifacts they've brought back to earth in eight years and then he gets to go visiting friendly planets.

Sam "who is no longer single" has actually developed a long-distance relationship with Jack and they probably marry. Both are now free of "rules and regulations".

SGC continues to maintain its base and reduced operations at Cheyenne Mountain. Cameron Mitchell, who had risked his life in the air battle with Anubis, recovers from his injuries and asks to be reassigned to the SGC because he has always been interested in learning more about it and greatly admires the original SG1 team. He knows Sam because they had done combat duty together in the Gulf war.

This is the scenario from which the new General Landry is operating. Former photos of past teams and commanders (Hammond and Weir and Jack) are hanging on the General's office wall.

If we think this way, it doesn't seem so threatening. I don't know how they will explain the interface with the Atlantis team around this jump in time, but it will help to separate our original team from the immediate adventures of Cam and company. According to latest spoilers, Cam gets assigned "but there is no SG1" at first ... so he is not "taking over" Sam's command. Then new threats and emergencies soon arise, and Landry has to recreate off-world military units and turns to Cam to head up the SG1 mission and then Cam goes after Daniel and Teal'c. Sam may be still unavailable - personal and professional - her honeymoon with Jack and her highly sensitive R&D at Area 51 where's she's on the brink of a mega discovery.

Ha! I can live with that ... when Cam and Daniel and Teal'c and Landry finally face an extreme challenge (BeachHead) they then call on Sam Carter who is seen as indispensable to the saving of the planet!

How the SG1 team then reconfigures or reunites will be the outcome of this risky mission.

Oh yea, what say?!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 June 2005, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Caption This

Sam: All I say is "There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting on the bank like an idiot" and you lock me up?!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Sam: All I say is "There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting on the bank like an idiot" and you lock me up?!
                          LOL Great comeback!

Comment

Caption This

Sam: Forget the small talk Sir, did you bring my hairdryer and brush?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Coley - your one-night of radio favorites are superb! That is, "if anyone is interested."

Here's my take on what's happening in very first episode(s) of S9. They do seem to be wiggling and waggling a bit, but there was a new line at the GW Spoiler page which is very telling: when we next see the folks at SGC, it's going to be some time later (months? years?) since the ending of Moebius. Think about this and then set the new guys in context.

Spoiler:
                              A lot must have happened in which: major alien threats eliminated; Jaffa nation formed; Jack either retiring (we hope) or staying on in Wash DC with new position; the President (still Hayes?) making decisions to disband the SG off-world teams and reassigning personnel according to their former expertise. There are now more peaceful diplomatic missions rather than military.

Teal'c goes back to be part of the politics and leadership of Jaffa nation (probably on Dakarta); Daniel Jackson returns to archaeological career and university research/teaching or chooses off-world sites/cultures to further explore for SGC/the President; and Sam gets reassigned as Head of Developmental Research at Area 51. Maybe Daniel even helps her in cataloguing all the artifacts they've brought back to earth in eight years and then he gets to go visiting friendly planets.

Sam "who is no longer single" has actually developed a long-distance relationship with Jack and they probably marry. Both are now free of "rules and regulations".

SGC continues to maintain its base and reduced operations at Cheyenne Mountain. Cameron Mitchell, who had risked his life in the air battle with Anubis, recovers from his injuries and asks to be reassigned to the SGC because he has always been interested in learning more about it and greatly admires the original SG1 team. He knows Sam because they had done combat duty together in the Gulf war.

This is the scenario from which the new General Landry is operating. Former photos of past teams and commanders (Hammond and Weir and Jack) are hanging on the General's office wall.

If we think this way, it doesn't seem so threatening. I don't know how they will explain the interface with the Atlantis team around this jump in time, but it will help to separate our original team from the immediate adventures of Cam and company. According to latest spoilers, Cam gets assigned "but there is no SG1" at first ... so he is not "taking over" Sam's command. Then new threats and emergencies soon arise, and Landry has to recreate off-world military units and turns to Cam to head up the SG1 mission and then Cam goes after Daniel and Teal'c. Sam may be still unavailable - personal and professional - her honeymoon with Jack and her highly sensitive R&D at Area 51 where's she's on the brink of a mega discovery.

Ha! I can live with that ... when Cam and Daniel and Teal'c and Landry finally face an extreme challenge (BeachHead) they then call on Sam Carter who is seen as indispensable to the saving of the planet!

How the SG1 team then reconfigures or reunites will be the outcome of this risky mission.

Oh yea, what say?!

Not a bad scenario. I've wondered about Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              being in charge of Area 51 as only a Lt. Colonel, not that she doesn't deserve it. Maybe they can promote her. I also don't like the Sam/Jack angle, but that's just me. I just don't see anything working out with them. I'd prefer to think of the reference to her not being "single" as a tricky way of saying Cassie lives with her-- or she's got a normal/stable boyfriend who will remain mostly off camera.
                              Think we are giving too much thought to this? How many weeks til S9?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Not a bad scenario. I've wondered about Sam
                                Spoiler:
                                being in charge of Area 51 as only a Lt. Colonel, not that she doesn't deserve it. Maybe they can promote her. I also don't like the Sam/Jack angle, but that's just me. I just don't see anything working out with them. I'd prefer to think of the reference to her not being "single" as a tricky way of saying Cassie lives with her-- or she's got a normal/stable boyfriend who will remain mostly off camera.
                                Think we are giving too much thought to this? How many weeks til S9?
                                Hey There, I think the J/S angle is the weakest link, but they did fool us after all the hype with Threads and they went in that direction rather than what was expected. So it may be (ooh, get ready you're gonna love this pun) ... it may be a "loose canon" ... ... but not entirely out of possibility.

However, I like your ideas too regarding the "personal" ...
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam's "not single" because she's committed to Cassie or in a new relationship with a significant other (who is not a cop!)

As to her rank and station, we'll just have to wait and see! And, yes, we are probably overthinking something that's already being shot and set in stone for the first half of the new season at least. But, it's good fun and keeps us from drinking too much or pulling our hair ....

Comment

Working...
                                X