Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee

I am honored to have been given the previledge to serve this highest of Royal Court. (bows with great respect)
    I shall bring the organic produce for the Royal Palace household.

Respectfully in your service...
    Gatebee the Royal Gardener
    Dear Royal Gardener

Your contribution is gratefully accepted. The colourful array of fruits you have provided seems to aptly reflect Samanda's own colourful array of fruits and nuts!

And the kingdom certainly welcomes a bountiful harvest ... I know I speak for the Royal Court when I say "the more fruits and nuts" the merrier.

Jester

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../HappyMeal.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      My Dearest Jester,

I am pleased to report that my excitement at seeing our Queen in all Her glory (well, almost all… ) was in no way diminished by the Royal Accountant’s attempts to divert my attention – she’ll just have to try harder in future.

As for the Royal Accountant’s reaction to my unauthorised circulation of her image, I had no idea this was due to fiscal concerns - I thought it was simply because she perceived her cheeks to possess pronounced hamster-like qualities in the photograph in question. I have tried to assure her that this is not the case, but you know what she’s like.

But I must not say too much - I have entrusted the Royal Accountant with providing an image of myself for inclusion in the Royal Photographer’s masterpiece, and fear she may wreak further revenge by choosing a particularly unflattering one (which would be most of them, to be perfectly honest). Maybe I should just appear as a mysterious pair of immense knobblies?

On the subject of which, I was delighted to see our very own Strix following in my footsteps (maybe this could develop into a special Samandan greeting – “And the Faithful shall know each other at the sight of their knobblies”?). A splendid set indeed, and so much cleaner than mine – I regret to say that due to an unfortunate drought affecting the hot water supply at the Royal Accountant’s abode, it was not possible for me to clean them properly before our Queen made her appearance on Saturday (not even with assistance from the large and spirited dog).

And I can assure you that the Royal Liquor Cabinet remained untouched throughout Saturday afternoon, partly because I had to drive home afterwards, but also because it is presently obstructed by a wall of rucksacks and other outdoor equipment. It would require a person experienced in climbing techniques to scale these obstacles in order to purloin any of the contents. And where would we find such a person… ah, yes, of course - The Royal Accountant herself. Silly me… But the thought that the octane rating of the Bolognese sauce might have been improved with sloe gin had not crossed my mind – I simply put my headache down to the after-effects of our The First Commandment moment.

Until next time,

1s4S
      My Dear Royal Guard

You have provided an in-depth follow-up to your adventures with our Royal Accountant, including some colourful descriptions of both the RA's countenance and living conditions. Methinks that you may not want to eat nor drink any further sustenance provided at said domicile ... it may be laced with more than sloe gin.

Be on guard, Guard! The Bean Counter and her spirited hound may be ready to do further collateral damage after reading your report. I suggest some armoured protection for your knobblies. Also, you will not have to worry about taking cold showers, as you are now in enough hot water to forego the showering facility completely.

A Concerned Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I jussss wanned to say fer the record tha' this post is........SPOT ON!

Thanks Jes'....ol' pal ol' buddy....

PS.....glad t' finarly know why I hit th' ol' boooooooze agin.......

*hic'p*
        LOL Ah, Royal Photographer, I sincerely hope the Samanda Group picture does not come out too blurry ... more attention to aperture, less attention to the sloe gin.

Jester (who will do the drinking for you whilst you work on your assigned task)

Comment

Wanna know something freaky?

Remember how I mentioned that I was working on a Sam story called Of Ghosts and Shadows? (who knows how many pages back but I came up with the idea about a month and a half ago)

Well, I just read the spoilers for Collateral Damage...and they are frighteningly similar to the concept I had for my little ditty...except the one in jeopardy is Sam not Cam...

This has happened to me before...I get in tune with TPTB of a series and what...channel them? *yikes*

So...should I go ahead and write Of Ghosts and Shadows anyway knowing that people will probably accuse me of stealing the basic premise of Collateral Damage or no?

Samanda it's up to you! I leave this decision in your capable hands...
          You should definitely write the story as you originally envisioned it! And just put an author's note at the top/beginning that comments on how you must have been channelling TPTB when you came up with your idea . I'd *really* like to see the story with Sam in the central spot!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Important and Timely Announcement

As the Keeper of the Flame and Royal Photographer prepare the final materials for the Royal Samandan Scrapbook, it is now imperative that all citizens return to Post 6973, page 349, and validate their official listing in the Court of Samanda.

Fast way to get there: Astro's Post 8821 at top of page 442. Then click on the Royal Roll Call of Samanda!

Shouldst there be an adjustment or omission, please PM or post here for the Court Jester to make the necessary edits before Keeper's deadline of June 12.
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 June 2005, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              That's exactly what I was thinking ... they saw combat together and that would make for an interesting dynamic and bond. Hmmm ....

However, I was so hoping that the Collateral Damage happened to Sam, not other SG1 teammates. I'm craving for some serious Sam whumpage (upping the ante from Death Knell).

Spoiler:
              According to the preview, Sam does the "good girl" thing and "stands by" supportingly and, I'm sure with some angst while Cam, once more, gets the spotlight.
              I'm so tired of this trite "me, Tarzan, you, Jane" mentality.

God, I'm so glad someone else thinks this too. I was literally cringing when I saw that once again Mitchell is the center of this storyline with a brief mention that Sam was 'watching' the procedure and now they are buddies. Good Grief. Is anyone else feeling another season six in the works here for Sam?

Kat

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

As the Keeper of the Flame and Royal Photographer prepare the final materials for the Royal Samandan Scrapbook, it is now imperative that all citizens return to Post 6973, page 349, and validate their official listing in the Court of Samanda.

Fast way to get there: Astro's Post 8821 at top of page 442. Then click on the Royal Roll Call of Samanda!

Shouldst there be an adjustment or omission, please PM or post here for the Court Jester to make the necessary edits before Keeper's deadline of June 12.
                Same goes for the "Who are the members of the SaGC and the Royal Court of Samanda"...thread page 372, post 7433...if anyone wants to be added or have their info changed just let me know.

Hugs,
                Strix

My LJ

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Can I humbly be a part of the Lurkers Extraordinaires, remaining citizens of Samanda ? After all, every court needs its populace

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    I don't know how to put links.

OK... here's the website thingy-ma-bob... http://www.joking.com/videos.asp?video=stargate.swf

And I warn you... At some point, I started getting really creeped out - if you go to the site, you'll see why. But you absolutely have to be willing to laugh at SG-1 in order to even PARTIALLY enjoy it.

I'm sure you will, AD.
                    OMG, that is the funniest video I have ever seen. Warning, no eating when watch video, could lead to choking.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Dear Royal Gardener

Your contribution is gratefully accepted. The colourful array of fruits you have provided seems to aptly reflect Samanda's own colourful array of fruits and nuts!

And the kingdom certainly welcomes a bountiful harvest ... I know I speak for the Royal Court when I say "the more fruits and nuts" the merrier.

Jester

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../HappyMeal.jpg
                      Royal Jester
                      I am please that my array of organic fruits and vegetables have passed your out most approval. I will endeavor to provide this Royal Court and its citizens only the best organic produce in the universe.
                      I take my leave (bows ) to search far into the galaxy more organic produce.
                      Royal Gardener

Comment

To the Royal Court of Samanda;

(bows)

I would like to present a sampling of some breads and pastries that I baked, for your approval. I hope these meet with your very high standards. If there is anything else you desire, you have only to ask, and I will whip it up, tout suite!

If the Royal Gardener agrees, I would love to use some her beautiful organic fruits and vegetables, to make some country French meals for the Court. I await your pleasure.

(bows)

Atteria, Royal Baker/Chef

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                          new spoilers: we can read in the latest spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity.

well I'm not afraid about their relationship because for me J&S ARE together but I'm kind of sad cause Jack didn't call her Sam or at least hasn't ina long time... I will definitely not like Mitchell !! bring JACK back !!!!!

just adding that it might as well not show the respect Mitchell should have for Sam, I mean come on they don't really know each other, they just met, why is he allowed to call her Sam !!! Maybe I should relax a little guys approaching Sam would better be careful with me!!
                          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Hmmm, thats pretty interesting...
                          Here's a thought - Perhaps Mitchell and Carter served in the same unit together during the Gulf War?

I think they're going to tell us that Mitchell
                          Spoiler:
                          has known the members of SG-1 for some time, because he's been working at the SGC. We just haven't seen them interact with him to this point.

And I think that the reason he's going to call Sam by her first name (as does Daniel) indicates they're both the same military rank, Lt. Col. I'm concerned that the Sci Fi Magazine says Cam comes to join the team and ends up LEADING IT!!!!! I don't understand the grounds for that! Sam has seniority. This is a real serious issue as far as I'm concerned!!!!! And I know many of you feel the same way.

On another issue, though, I just don't think they're going to try to establish a ship between Cam and Sam (Oh, that's so cute sounding that it's wrong on every level!!!!! ). After AT's interview in the French magazine we learned about earlier this week, I'm really starting to believe they're going to at least imply that Sam & Jack are together.

Comment

About who leads SG-1 in season 9:
                            Spoiler:
                            Since SG-1 has been disbanded or whatever the proper military term, then that must mean that Sam has been reassigned. Apparently she now runs things at Area 51 which, realistically, in a time of relative peace, must seem to her a plum assignment.
                            Now, according to spoilers I've happened upon quite by accident (me? peek under the spoiler curtain? No way! ) it appears to me that
                            Spoiler:
                            SG-1 isn't so much formally formed as Col Mitchell kinda becomes the military man who tags along on the adventures of Daniel and Teal'c as they deal with stuff that comes up. It's not until Beachhead, I believe, that something so Earth-threatening requires that Sam has to be called in. Up until then, though, it doesn't really sound like Mitchell is leading a formally designated SG-1 team. Once Sam returns, will she want to be back on SG-1 permantly or will she be loaning herself out to SG-1 on a case-by-case basis(which just happens to be the case every week for 15 straight episodes ) while keeping her perhaps higher position at Area 51?

At least, that's how I interpret the vague sometimes contradictory statements I've happened upon - quite by accident.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Wanna know something freaky?

Remember how I mentioned that I was working on a Sam story called Of Ghosts and Shadows? (who knows how many pages back but I came up with the idea about a month and a half ago)

Well, I just read the spoilers for Collateral Damage...and they are frighteningly similar to the concept I had for my little ditty...except the one in jeopardy is Sam not Cam...

This has happened to me before...I get in tune with TPTB of a series and what...channel them? *yikes*

So...should I go ahead and write Of Ghosts and Shadows anyway knowing that people will probably accuse me of stealing the basic premise of Collateral Damage or no?

Samanda it's up to you! I leave this decision in your capable hands...
                              Uber, to paraphrase Skydiver (who isn't here to speak for herself today), sometimes you just gotta fix the show! Write on! (* cringes at bad pun *)

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Same goes for the "Who are the members of the SaGC and the Royal Court of Samanda"...thread page 372, post 7433...if anyone wants to be added or have their info changed just let me know.

Hugs,
                              Strix
                              Oh, Strix.....after reading that list again.....I was just so impressed with all of us! Will you be sure to let us know if anyone adds/updates info, so we can return and review it?

Comment

My beef is with the idea that Cam comes onto the scene to "bring the team back together." Not only have I heard some variation of that in several interviews, but BB said it in the latest "SciFi Sneak Peek" commercial - which, yet again, fails to show even an inkling of Teal'c.

Now, BB says it rather... reluctantly, IMO, but he says it nonetheless, which leads me to believe that that is definitely the basic premise of the first few eps.

OK, so Sam's gone. Cam steps up the plate (heh heh... still can't get over the hilarity of "Sam and Cam" ). But what the heck about Teal'c and Daniel? Why does Cam have to come in, sidestep everyone else and take the reins, like he's some kind of saint?

I know I'm gonna like Cameron. I can tell. But, since I like the other three ALREADY, he's gonna have to prove himself. He can't just swoop in and be the hero right from the get go, no matter how enthusiastic, respectful, caring, sexy, or passionate he may be...

*folds arms in a stubborn manner*

So THERE!

Comment

Working...
                                X