No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all are truly amazing. It is a work of art. I don't know what else to say. I'm sincerely in awe of what you have accomplished and wish I could have been a part of it.

You all win my Blue Jello Award.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
      You all are truly amazing. It is a work of art. I don't know what else to say. I'm sincerely in awe of what you have accomplished and wish I could have been a part of it.

My dear new citizen of Samanda

You still have time to be a part of this ... the kingdom is always looking for more participants in its merry mayhem.

Feel free to apply for a royal position ... sadly, our Royal Physician/Counselor has resigned for personal reasons and we are looking for a therapist, especially to help us handle issues of entitlement and anger management whilst we wait for our Queen to receive her rightful honours again. Shouldst you wish to apply, please let us know. Ahem, you may be interested in Vicar ... that has not been filled either.

We don't have a Royal Butcher, Baker or Candlestick Maker for that matter. Hmm, Royal Florist is also vacant. Please make known your interest, and I will try to update our Royal Listing before Keeper's deadline of June 12.

Also, all loyal Lurkers ... please consider applying for any of the above also as Samandans should turn their talents to good use!

Cheerio and welcome aboard! Look both ways crossing the streets of Samanda ... as you may (literally) run into our Royal Security Bike Patrol or Royal Accountant whizzing by on her way to work.

Jester

Comment

You still can... if you want to write a short message to AT or something like that...

And... as I was looking for a pic of myself to send Uber... I ran across this

... another time when I apparently had no freaking clue as to how exposed my position was... apparently, however, I seem to have friends who are great at capturing my idiocy on film! This pic is the top of Mt. Lassen - which is a plug-dome volcano in California. The peak is just over 11,000 feet (the hike to the top starts at 9000 feet). Mt. Lassen last erupted in the early 1900's - when it erupted for off and on for more than 7 years... and some of the eruptions threw boulders the size of semi-trucks!

Info about the eruption of Mt. Lassen
        And here's a pic
        USGS Website

OK... off the Geology Lesson...back to rumaging through pics...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          My dear new citizen of Samanda

You still have time to be a part of this ... the kingdom is always looking for more participants in its merry mayhem.

Feel free to apply for a royal position ... sadly, our royal physician/counselor has resigned for personal reasons and we are looking for a therapist, especially to help us handle issues of entitlement and anger management whilst we wait for our Queen to receive her rightful honours again. Shouldst you wish to apply, please let us know. Ahem, you may be interested in Vicar ... that has not been filled either.

We don't have a Royal Butcher, Baker or Candlestick Maker for that matter. Hmm, Royal Florist is also vacant. Please make known your interest, and I will try to update our Royal Listing before Keeper's deadline of June 12.

Also, all loyal Lurkers ... please consider applying for any of the above also as Samandans should turn their talents to good use!

Cheerio and welcome aboard! Look both ways crossing the streets of Samanda ... as you may (literally) run into our Royal Security Bike Patrol or Royal Accountant whizzing by on her way to work.

Jester
          Well, I am qualified for Royal baker, having studied cooking/baking in France for two years. I make a mean brioche!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            AND THE VID IS UP!!!!!
            http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

Go there, then follow the link "Vid of Amanda's Big Win!" Click on the pic, and you're there!!!

Thanks again for doing this MajorSam. I got through earlier this evening - great work! We appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Well, I am qualified for Royal baker, having studied cooking/baking in France for two years. I make a mean brioche!
              Woohoo! Yeah! I second the nomination for Atteria as Royal Baker and Chef! (When Chopin put the Keeper in charge of the kitchen... it caught on fire... I like microwaves... )

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

And... as I was looking for a pic of myself to send Uber... I ran across this

... another time when I apparently had no freaking clue as to how exposed my position was... apparently, however, I seem to have friends who are great at capturing my idiocy on film! This pic is the top of Mt. Lassen - which is a plug-dome volcano in California. The peak is just over 11,000 feet (the hike to the top starts at 9000 feet). Mt. Lassen last erupted in the early 1900's - when it erupted for off and on for more than 7 years... and some of the eruptions threw boulders the size of semi-trucks!

Info about the eruption of Mt. Lassen
                And here's a pic
                USGS Website

OK... off the Geology Lesson...back to rumaging through pics...
                My Dearest Royal Colleague

Methinks the lady doth procrastinate too much ... as how many days have now gone by since, ahem, thou hast been reminded to get thy royal mug to the Royal Photographer.

Photographs of your royal personage taken from several miles away do not capture your true essence ... although they add greatly to the Legend of the Keeper of the Flame: able to leap tall buildings and steep cliffs in a single bound, to archive massive amounts of Samanda data in minutes, to mediate and affirm multiple posts instantaneously, to discuss and disseminate ever-changing news of the Queen, to provide safe haven for domestic pets, and to share environmental information and provide "the teaching moment" for those of us in the kingdom who cannot discern the difference between a sinkhole and the kitchen sink. Although, I darest say, the picture of the eruption looks strangely familiar ... are you sure this was not taken when you last had kitchen duty in the royal palace and managed to blow out the entire west wing when you lit the oven?!

Let us hope that Keeper has, indeed, found a more suitable picture which will add greatly to the Samandan Group Photo. It will not be the same without her!

Proddingly,

Jester (who has already driven Royal Photographer to drink by submitting not one, but two, likenesses for consideration)
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 June 2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  *Ahem* I believe that's MajorSAM'S video clip!!!

hey, i'm vice president, of course i'm going to take credit for your work! (while sitting on my butt)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                    (((((((( Astrogeologist ))))))) thank you for the Leo transcript
                    yes, astro, *thank you*!

(couldn't rep you)

btw, i'd saved amanda's vid thinger, so i've been able to see it over and over and over and over....

*runs off*

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

My Dearest Royal Colleague;

Methinks the lady doth protest too much ... as how many days have now gone by since, ahem, thou hast been reminded to get thy royal mug to the Royal Photographer.

Photographs of your royal personage taken from several miles away do not capture your true essence
                      ...OK...how about this one...

LOL! I'm *not* the diver in front (that's my friend Randy... and he's only on this dive because I dragged him along)... I'm the diver looking square on at the manta ray (and he did brush against the top of my head as he swam over). I ran across this while rumaging through my pics and I wasn't going to post it until I read your post... he he he.. this one isn't from miles away... it was taken from only 10-15 feet away ... This is a night dive off the western coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. No geology lesson in this one - just really cool marine life!
                      although they add greatly to the Legend of the Keeper of the Flame: able to leap tall buildings and steep cliffs in a single bound, to archive massive amounts of Samanda data in minutes, to mediate and affirm multiple posts instantaneously, to discuss and disseminate ever-changing news of the Queen, to provide safe haven for domestic pets, and to share environmental information and provide "the teaching moment" for those of us in the kingdom who cannot discern the difference between a sinkhole and the kitchen sink.
                      LOL!

OK... back to rumaging... I did find a pic that I liked... but I don't think it will work for what Uber said she wanted... rumage, rumage...

Comment

ASTRO and CHOPINGAL truly ROCK!!

I couldn't rep you so early, Astro, but I tried!

Oh, and I'm looking for a new position, since I've recently emerged from lurkdom. Do you have anything media related? Official Documentary Filmmaker, perhaps? Nothing fancy... heh heh.

Comment

...OK...how about this one...

... I'm the diver looking square on at the manta ray (and he did brush against the top of my head as he swam over). I ran across this while rumaging through my pics and I wasn't going to post it until I read your post... he he he.. this one isn't from miles away... it was taken from only 10-15 feet away ... This is a night dive off the western coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. No geology lesson in this one - just really cool marine life! LOL!

OK... back to rumaging... I did find a pic that I liked... but I don't think it will work for what Uber said she wanted... rumage, rumage...
                          This only adds to the legend! Able to dive deep and discover the wonders of the sea whilst continuing to keep her face as hidden as MajorSam's!

My word! The Royal Photographer is receiving photos of Sam Carter wannabes ... climbing and diving and who knows what! I fear that I may look like Mary Poppins compared to all the Action Gals on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            ASTRO and CHOPINGAL truly ROCK!!

I couldn't rep you so early, Astro, but I tried!

Oh, and I'm looking for a new position, since I've recently emerged from lurkdom. Do you have anything media related? Official Documentary Filmmaker, perhaps? Nothing fancy... heh heh.
                            My Dear Spaz

The Court is thrilled to see that you have, indeed, been unlurking more and more ... yes! We can nominate you as Royal Documentary Filmmaker (every kingdom needs one) or, perhaps, Royal Publicist ... good PR is just as important.

Please let us know your desire and I will then call forth the vote!

Jester

Comment

Woohoo! Yeah! I second the nomination for Atteria as Royal Baker and Chef! (When Chopin put the Keeper in charge of the kitchen... it caught on fire... I like microwaves... )
                              i want a second job!

seeing as i'm the perfect vice pres (do nothing), i want to actually DO something.... how about i'm the official relationship counselor of samanda? (i'm working for/on sam and jack! ).

so, is everyone cool with a nutjob like me giving out romance/relationship advice?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

... here’s what we got up to in this part of Samanda on Saturday…

The day started with the Royal Accountant struggling to create order from chaos (or to put it more accurately, faffing about). Eventually we made it to the Yorkshire Dales, where I am pleased to say the RA managed to avoid acrobatically detaching herself from her bike for once .

After a couple of hours’ energetic fun in the pouring rain, we decided to head back to the ranch and spend the afternoon watching Stargate.

During the journey home, it became obvious that I had incurred the Royal Accountant’s acute displeasure by sending a photo of her to a fellow Samandan. This probably explains why the RA felt it necessary to fasten the restraints on the Stargate Viewing Settee ™ even tighter than usual - she said it was only to prevent me over-exerting myself at the sight of our Queen‘s dress in Emancipation, but I’m not convinced. It certainly turned the mid-show feast of Spaghetti Bolognese into an interesting challenge - at one point I even tried to get a certain large and spirited dog to loosen the restraints for me, but as usual he just thought I wanted my face licking (though to be fair, this did get rid of most of the Bolognese sauce).

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed seven whole episodes (from The Enemy Within to Brief Candle) without too much interference from the RA, apart from various attempts to distract me during Emancipation. As for her insistence that we re-enact the “Carter thumps Marine” moment from The First Commandment, I can only presume this had something to do with my aforementioned photographic misdemeanour.

Oh, and just for the record, my favourite episodes so far are The Broca Divide (and no, this has nothing to do with the tank top, honest) and The Nox.

1s4S
                                Dear Royal Security Guard

I am so excited to know that your indoctrination has begun in earnest. Seeing our Queen in Emancipation and Broca Divide has surely cemented your loyalty, albeit having to view said episodes under periods of duress because of Royal Accountant's insistence on the restraints and distractions.

As to sharing images of the RA with the local populace, methinks that may have been stepping into the abyss. The Bean Counter usually requires that all Samandan photographs first be autographed (even those of the Court and not just the Queen) and then be distributed via a communication outlet called the Royal eBay which has managed to turn quite a profit for the kingdom! I could imagine her shock when you mentioned that you had casually used one of her pictures without her having autographed it first.

On the subject of photographs, I sincerely hope that you have provided our Royal Photographer with something of substance and not just your knobblies. By the way, wasn't that a splendid pair of knobblies on our own Strix? I was disappointed, though, that we did not see Murray at all at the Jaffa Gate.

'Tis good to know that our Royal Accountant can provide her guests with ample food whilst enjoying the tales of the Stargate. I am certain that the Royal Liquor Cabinet added to the conviviality. (Psst ... methinks she uses the sloe gin in the bolognese meat sauce.)

Keep up the good viewing habits and continue to report on your education of the Gate.

Cordially,

Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X