Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    this interview made me happy too!

we've FINALLY heard from amanda, how she's doing, how the baby is... it's like water to parched fans!

(and the shipper in me still hasn't stopped squeeing)

sally
    I have to admit... Assuming that Sam and Jack are actually happy in a functioning, non-awkward, romantic relationship would be a nice addition to S9. I won't demand for any canon evidence, but hearing it from the actor, herself, gives the suppositions some credence, don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      just to let you guys know, i'm gonna try to check in tomorrow, but then i'm off to a conference in kansas city that lasts until thursday. I have no idea if or how much time i'll have

so everyone have fun, play nice and i'll see you thursday
      Hope ya have a good trip, Sky!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Heres a photo triptych that includes pics of Amanda from Myrth’s site. I liked so many of the pics it was hard to decide on just three. I thought they might look nice framed, so I decided to give it a try. All the original pics can be found at http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19

Amanda Triptych

And, Welcome LOL4JACK! Of course you’re not out of line. We’re glad you decided to post here.
        Aww that's beautiful, SamFan31!! Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          I have to admit... Assuming that Sam and Jack are actually happy in a functioning, non-awkward, romantic relationship would be a nice addition to S9. I won't demand for any canon evidence, but hearing it from the actor, herself, gives the suppositions some credence, don't ya think?
          Dancer, it won't let me rep you again so soon but I just wanted to say that I really love your sigs... I haven't seen one for Jack yet, but the ones for Daniel, Sam and Teal'c are wonderful!!

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            So, here's my night so far!!!!

ThereI was, innocently eating my pizza.., I glance over at the clock and... ****, IT'S 7:30 PM, I'M SUPOSSED TO BE TAPING THE AWARDS FOR ALL THOSE CRAZY KIDS AT SAMANDA!

I start FREAKING out because I didn't have the tape ready, because yesterday I became ragingly sick and have been in bed all day... but still, I had my duty as President! I RUN downstairs, find a tape, and shove it in the VHS player... but it DOESN'Twork!!!FINALLY I figureout how it could work, while madly looking up presentation times on the website to see if I'd missed Amanda... I see the one they're on, and Amanda's ages away! I relax, start eating again... then suddenly, one person later, "And now, the nominations for Best Lead Female in a Dramatic Series" HAH, so much for the blooming presentation order! Gah! *shakes head* Well, in short, I got it taped! *Adrenaline still pumping through veins from running up and down and around*

I figured out that I can hook up my digital Vid cam to the VHS player, put it on there, then put that onto Comp. I'm getting the digital vid cam tape tomorrow, so i'll put it up then!!!!

I would tell you some tidbits now, but that would spoil things

MY 300TH POST ON SAMANDA!!!!!!! WOOOOH
            YES!!!! Wahoo! Thanks for taping it MajorSam can't wait to see it

Congrats on your 300th Post in Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
              Here’s a photo triptych that includes pics of Amanda from Myrth’s site. I liked so many of the pics it was hard to decide on just three. I thought they might look nice framed, so I decided to give it a try. All the original pics can be found at http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19

Amanda Triptych

And, Welcome LOL4JACK! Of course you’re not out of line. We’re glad you decided to post here.
              Beautiful photos!
              Originally posted by MajorSam
              TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or
              two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she
              isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.
              OK... just to play the devil's advocate here... could 'she isn't single' be referring to Sam - Samantha - having a Tokra symbiote? (Astrog ducks and hides while shouting - I don't want that to happen... and then muttering... but I have this feeling that TPTB are thinking they are 'going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and surprise the viewers')
              Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 June 2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                OK... just play the devil's advocate here... could 'she isn't single' be referring to Sam having a symbiote? (Astrog ducks and hides while shouting - I don't want that to happen...)
                Bite your tongue!!!

Sorry, didn't mean that.....I think I'd prefer to think of her meaning she was no longer single in the "usual" sense one says it. Just makes me feel happier. I'll take whatever I can get right now.

Thanks for posting the interview, I still can't read it. :-(

And ForeverSG-1, is your new sig directed towards anyone in particular???
                I love it!!!

Comment

Here are a couple of quotes from the 'Who Should Outrank Who' thread

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  it'll be more interesting to have Sam in command because a) she's earned it b) she has the experience c) it makes no sense to demote her or punish her (and every time she would say "yes sir" to Cam, I'd have to cringe) and d) I like the idea of Sam giving orders to an alpha male character like what I imagine Cam might be.
                  Great post, Uber!
                  Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Excellent point, Uber!

And another thing: If TPTB didn't want to cause so much confusion and conflict between Cam and Sam (oh man... so funny!), AND if this isn't about having a strong, male lead for the show, why the HECK didn't they make him a Major? Certainly not because he's too old, right? If he wanted to "learn from the best," as they tried to say, why didn't they put him in a position to learn, not to lead?

They most likely wanted Cameron Mitchell to come off as in control, as respected and as STRONG as possible. Again, it doesn't matter if he and Sam were promoted at the same time or mere seconds apart. If TPTB really and truly wanted the guy to "learn" anything from SG-1, they would not have placed him in a CO position. That's not learning; that's the potentially blind leading the not-so-blind.
                  Great post, Dancer!

Lots of great posts... and I think that the Carter Should Command posts outnumber (and outweigh) the others... of course, I might be a little biased!
                  It's funny how the convo here keeps kinda going back to the Farscape vs. SG-1 debate because this actually is the root of the problem of the argument IMHO.

I thought Farscape was a great show...a little weird at times, but I still count myself as a Farscape fan.

However...and this is key...the debate about who is best qualified to lead SG-1 has absolutely nothing to do with Farscape. It's not about Farscape. It's not about John Crichton.

It's about Cameron Mitchell...a completely new character on the SG-1 landscape who to the best of our knowledge is a brave, young guy who wants to learn from the best and join SG-1 and go explore the galaxy.

It seems that people are seeing this as a John Crichton should lead SG-1 thread...because people are thinking of Mitchell and Crichton as the same person. The fact that Ben played Crichton so compellingly is what's muddying the water here...but John Crichton and Cameron Mitchell are not one in the same...

But the fact remains that Sam Carter is the one with the experience necessary to lead SG-1 and she deserves the chance to lead more than 3 offworld episodes this season.

I'm a bit frustrated at TPTB for keeping so much about Sam's return a secret. I understand the need to create suspense...that's what drives viewers to the show. But if they replace Sam with Cam because they want to pull in Farscape viewers, they are doing the Sam Carter character, the actress and Sam fans a disservice.

It will make the addition of Ben Browder feel bittersweet and will be like a slap in the face to longterm SG-1 fans such as myself...and I certainly don't want to be put into the position of resenting his arrival.

I'd much rather enjoy the Cameron Mitchell character and watch him interact with his CO, Sam Carter...see what he learns and what they can teach each other.
                  Another great post, Uber! I love the way that you can respect both Farscape and Stargate - and how you don't want either of them to suffer from the upcoming changes on Stargate. I respect and admire your post here so much more than most of the other Farscape vs. Stargate posts... or the Mitchell should outrank Carter garbage... or simply the folks who drool over BB. It really is too bad that the Stargate PTB have created a situation with the characters of Mitchell and Carter that is actually polarizing the fanbase into Stargate vs. Farscape fans and/or Browder vs Tapping fans. Why the antagonistic approach? If they want the Farscape actors to be accepted by the Stargate fans... then why set things up so that there is an issue of who is in command (especially between such a strong male lead from another scifi show)? Putting Browder's character in command of SG-1 makes it look like Farscape takes over Stargate. So... why couldn't they have brought Browder in as a Major... and had, say, Colonel Dixon (from Stargate) take temporary command of SG-1 until Carter got back... and then Carter takes over from Dixon - and Browder's character is her subordinate (which she hasn't had the chance to have!). When Carter can't be in an episode, then command defaults to Browder's character...

Ah well, but that's all 'water under the bridge'... because they *didn't* go that route. Instead, they set Browder up to be the new CO of SG-1... and they set up the very problems that folks are now debating... How will Sam fit into this new set-up?
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 June 2005, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Let's see, I've promised the list some pictures, so here they are...

Looking towards the Jaffa Gate in Old Jerusalem:

Hugs,
                    Strix
                    Thanks for the pix and welcome back Strix!

Comment

I think I should have been more specific...

I love these quotes...don't get me wrong...but I'm looking for something OTHER than the standard favorites...

And what about AT? She's done interviews and specials and audio commentaries...pick some of the less-obvious quotes!

Well there was one on a commentary for Resurrection. Sam was running & AT said something like "whoa, sports bras ladies!" Just so unexpected it cracked me up.

Comment

Interesting little factoid here...

Did you know that Eisenhower went from Lieutenant Colonel to leading the entire Allied Forces of World War II in the span of 15 months???

Just food for thought...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just a friendly reminder to not forget your daily voting for AT at

www.syfyportal.com

I think the poll is only up for another week or so - your vote every day really counts!

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Let's see, I've promised the list some pictures, so here they are...

Looking towards the Jaffa Gate in Old Jerusalem:

Knobby Knees in the Dead Sea:

I have many more pictures from Israel, in no particular order, at my album:
                          http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/gunhilda/

Hugs,
                          Strix
                          Welcome back, Strix! And great pics - thanks for sharing them with us. -- Especially liked the pic of the knobby knees (ala 1speed ).

Comment

Interesting little factoid here...

Did you know that Eisenhower went from Lieutenant Colonel to leading the entire Allied Forces of World War II in the span of 15 months???

Just food for thought...

Sam as a full Colonel... great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              Sam as a full Colonel... great idea!
                              More like Sam as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

More like Sam as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces...

LOL... that's sure thinking big...but... I *like* it!

Also love the Col. Carter sloganizer in your sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X