• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay gang...put your thinking caps on!

List the BEST quotes for:

Samantha Carter (any ep, any season)

AND

Amanda Tapping...from conventions, interviews...whatever!

Let's hear 'em!

Also...if you haven't sent me your frelling pictures, hurry up and send 'em already!

...and lastly...

Don't forget to vote for AT at SyFy Portal!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

My fav quotes:

Foothold:
    SAM: MAYBOURNE, you are an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!

Reckoning Part II
    Spoiler:

CARTER: Y'know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

And just for fun...

"Wormhole Theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking"
      - Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

"Wormhole theory...motorcycle riding...lock-picking...and equilibrium destroying."
      from The Natural Balance of Things by Michelle V.

Photo-graphic is by Forever-SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
        Count me in
        I bought my blue jello.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay here is a quote from a new Dreamwatch Magazine article with Robert C Cooper "If you like Stargate, you’ve got to check out season nine. It contains what I think everybody has loved about the show from the beginning, and in a new way. People who loved Farscape because of Ben and Claudia did so for good reason. They are unbelievable and so likable. I just think the chemistry between them and our returning regulars, Michael and Chris and, later on Amanda, is really magic."
          Yay!! I also caught Reckoning last pm. I loved her performance even more this 2nd viewing.
          Spoiler:
          Her Replicator Carter is deliciously evil.

Comment

Caption
            Jack: "A delivery of blue jello?"
            Sam: "Goody!"
            Daniel: "Not again!"

Comment

reckoning and moebius showed such fantastic aspects of amanda's abilities. replicarter was magically evil. she had just the right mix of sincerity and quiet menace while sam in moebius was so different, but so close to the 'original'

i found her to be absolutely endearing
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I bought my blue jello.
                I will confess to getting 10 boxes of blue today...

Now to write a very nice letter to TPTB telling them how much I appreciate AT and Sam....

...and how much i'm looking forward to more Team Leader Sam in Season 9!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I think we should all do our own letters, but do you think we should agree on key points to make & general tone? Here's a draft I just whipped up. What do you think?

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for the great show, Stargate SG-1 and to write in support of multiple Award winning actress Amanda Tapping and the character of Samantha Carter. As you know, she really brings this integral character alive. As long as Ms. Tapping is willing to play Sam Carter, she will have a devoted following. I’m hoping Sam will get some great leadership opportunities in Season 9. Though we won’t see her for the first few episodes, this blue jello (Sam’s favorite) is to let you know she is on our minds.
                  This is wonderful, jckfan! Short, but well-worded... very positive. I love it!

Comment

Ok, here are some of our favorite quotes from Sam and Amanda. I know I've posted most of these before, but since we brought up favorite quotes again, I though they were worth revisting. Just click on the red type to listen.

Here’s the naked singularity quote from Amanda that you mentioned, tara

Sam Carter on a Saturday night

from 48 hours
                    go suck a lemon

Atteria here’s the Sam and Janet bit from Hathor
                    mama said

Rogue, from Foothold:
                    Maybourne, you’re an idiot

and Reckoning:
                    you blow up one sun

astrog, you already put up the Nightwalker clip, but here it is again Wormhole theory, …

and more of my favorites

from Small Victories, an Amanda adlib ya sure, you betcha

Enemies:
                    Welcome to my life

Metamorphosis: Jonas, you are such a …

Heroes:
                    steam comes out of it and everything

Moebius:
                    who would ever say that?

And Amanda’s MacUseless riff filmed during Solitudes
                    sound or for the visual (thanks to astrog for these 2 links )

NC

Comment

Caption

Sam: "Look - Oma's dressed just like Glenda the Good in the Wizard of Oz. Wow. I guess that explains why Glenda travelled around as a ball of light, and gave Dorothy cryptic advice instead of just helping her."

Jack: "So... Glenda was...like.. an Ascended Ancient? Magic wand, spangly ballgown and all?"

Daniel: ...PLEASE don't let anybody ask about the full dress uniform that all Ascended wear...
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey everyone, don't think it's been posted yet, but theres' FINALLY a new interview with Amanda!!!! It's been translated from a French mag!!! Here's the Mag Page

And the Translation:

The heroine of Stargate reveils a new and wonderful adventure.

Amanda Tapping: My Miracle Baby

Soon to be 40 (28 August), Amanda Tapping savours the joy of being a
                        mother. Satisfied with Olivia as much as with Stargte SG-1, she
                        started shooting season 9.

TS: Your little Olivia came into your life on March 22nd. What great
                        joy it must have been!

AT: (laughs) Exactly ! And I can't even imagine my life without her
                        anymore ! As a matter of fact, from the moment I started shooting
                        Stargate again, in Vancouver, I have been taking her with me.

TS: Is your husband, Alan Kovacs (married on 23 September 1994) also
                        crazy about her?

AT: He is incredible. He is always trying to look after her. He
                        never in his life changed a diaper, but he is a master chef at it.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

TS: Before Olivia you've had two miscarriages...

AT: That was very hard on me. My first miscarriage was in autumn
                        2002, at the end of shooting the last episode of season 7 of
                        Stargate. The second one was shortly before I got pregnant with
                        Olivia. I don't need to tell you that we think of our girl as our
                        mircale baby.

TS: Do you still wish to enlarge your family in spite of what
                        happened ?

AT: Of course! All the more so, since I grew up with 2 brothers of
                        whom 1 my twin.

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series
                        at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be
                        appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father
                        to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver
                        while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he
                        decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear
                        view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or
                        two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she
                        isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                          Hey everyone, don't think it's been posted yet, but theres' FINALLY a new interview with Amanda!!!! It's been translated from a French mag!!! Here's the Mag Page
                          Thanks MajorSam! The magazine page has pictures & sidebars if you go to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                            Sam: "Look - Oma's dressed just like Glenda the Good in the Wizard of Oz. Wow. I guess that explains why Glenda travelled around as a ball of light, and gave Dorothy cryptic advice instead of just helping her."

Jack: "So... Glenda was...like.. an Ascended Ancient? Magic wand, spangly ballgown and all?"

Daniel: ...PLEASE don't let anybody ask about the full dress uniform that all Ascended wear...
                            Can't rep you. ROTFL. Visions of Daniel in tulle!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Ok, here are some of our favorite quotes from Sam and Amanda. I know I've posted most of these before, but since we brought up favorite quotes again, I though they were worth revisting. Just click on the red type to listen.

Here’s the naked singularity quote from Amanda that you mentioned, tara

Sam Carter on a Saturday night

from 48 hours
                              go suck a lemon

Atteria here’s the Sam and Janet bit from Hathor
                              mama said

Rogue, from Foothold:
                              Maybourne, you’re an idiot

and Reckoning:
                              you blow up one sun

astrog, you already put up the Nightwalker clip, but here it is again Wormhole theory, …

and more of my favorites

from Small Victories, an Amanda adlib ya sure, you betcha

Enemies:
                              Welcome to my life

Metamorphosis: Jonas, you are such a …

Heroes:
                              steam comes out of it and everything

Moebius:
                              who would ever say that?

And Amanda’s MacUseless riff filmed during Solitudes
                              sound or for the visual (thanks to astrog for these 2 links )

NC
                              Five star post, NC! What fun!

I put a link to your 'Favorite Sam Quotes' post in my post and I'm going to put your post into the SaGC Collection
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 June 2005, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.
                                What a spectacular sentiment!
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 June 2005, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X