Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Okay here is a quote from a new Dreamwatch Magazine article with Robert C Cooper "If you like Stargate, you’ve got to check out season nine. It contains what I think everybody has loved about the show from the beginning, and in a new way. People who loved Farscape because of Ben and Claudia did so for good reason. They are unbelievable and so likable. I just think the chemistry between them and our returning regulars, Michael and Chris and, later on Amanda, is really magic."

Oooh... Good stuff tsaxlady! Is Dreamwatch found in the states, too? I can't remember! Thanks for that!

Comment

Everyones mood and expectations are almost as bad as mine. If Sam isn't in command and the reason is because amanda simply doesn't/can't be there i won't have too much of a problem with it. If it is not because of that i will have a problem with it. If sam is not in command i don't know if i would want her on SG1. I dont think i could accept sam getting kicked down, I think i would be okay with her being stationed at the SGC as 21C of the Base, Mitchells Commanding Officer and second to the General, i could live with that. It would be a promotion, SG1 would have it's new leading man and sam is higher up in the food chain. I suppose that could be a possibility. Would anyone else be okay with this, or prefer this to sam as 21C of SG1 if it happens (which i do hope it doesn't)

P.S

i usually come to this thread to cheer me up about this situation, everybody cheer up, THAT'S AN ORDER!

Comment

Caption

Sam: (shocked) Wow Teal'c...that's ...
        Jack: (disgussed) ...just not right.
        Daniel: Man...I told him he should never have gotten that tatoo of Thor in a hula skirt on his arm.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Okay gang...put your thinking caps on!

List the BEST quotes for:

Samantha Carter (any ep, any season)

AND

Amanda Tapping...from conventions, interviews...whatever!

Let's hear 'em!

Also...if you haven't sent me your frelling pictures, hurry up and send 'em already!

...and lastly...

Don't forget to vote for AT at SyFy Portal!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

How about this>>>Sam says to Mckay, "Go suck a lemon!" with a look to go with it.

Love this that i read from Amanda, a fan had asked Amanda about Singularitys to which Amanda replied, "Sam Carter on a Saturday night!"
          ......TARA......

Comment

Just seen my post count, heh, heh, nearly 250 and most of them on this thread!
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Originally posted by Skydiver
              What kind of tree would sam be???

A willow. it looks all soft and sweet and is rather unassuming

its long, downdrooping branches give shelter to various creatures

but since it bends, it can weather and withstand a storm that will crush a 'stronger' tree
              Yes! Willow it is -

The seasoned wood of some willows is so strong it's cut to shape and hollowed out to make the soundboxes of wire-strung Irish harps, where it may hold half a ton of tension from the strings of a 5-octave harp. All wire strung harps have an exotic tone, like bells, but a willow soundbox gives an extra brilliance and clarity to the bell-like tone. Sam's like that, taking unlikely, common and disparate elements and applying science to make something brilliant and utterly unexpected.
              Wonderful analogies Sky and Simha!
              Originally posted by Atteria
              I'm very new here, so my opinion doesn't count for much, but I'm NOT giving up on AT/SC, or TPTB. I love SG-1 and have since it first aired on Showtime. As for the character the writers scripted for AT, she made Carter her own, and she did a fantastic job. I doubt TPTB will not continue to use AT to her fullest abilities, as they would be fools to waste such an important resource. She MADE Carter come alive to us. I guess that's it, it's late. I've just watched both SG-1 and SGA twice and I'm getting sleepy. I just had to put in my 2 cents.
              Great comments, Atteria!
              Alright gang I will be adding more to this over the next few days - now that school is out and I only have 3 gigs on the books for the next week I'll have time to finish uploading pictures - but until then here is the link for pictures from the prop museum that I took in Vancouver http://img81.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=16tw.jpg

And
              Thanks for the link to the pics, tsaxlady.

Question...just what did MS write in his sig?
              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Okay gang...put your thinking caps on!

List the BEST quotes for:

Samantha Carter (any ep, any season)

AND

Amanda Tapping...from conventions, interviews...whatever!

Let's hear 'em!

Also...if you haven't sent me your frelling pictures, hurry up and send 'em already!

...and lastly...

Don't forget to vote for AT at SyFy Portal!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php
              Some of my all-time favorite Sam/AT quotes are here

And thanks for the reminder to vote... I'll go and do so after I get this post up

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
              Everyones mood and expectations are almost as bad as mine. If Sam isn't in command and the reason is because amanda simply doesn't/can't be there i won't have too much of a problem with it.
              I agree, Big Unit. If it's AT's choice, then we should respect that. I, personally, will just be more sad and disappointed with the lost opportunities in Season 8, however.
              If it is not because of that i will have a problem with it. If sam is not in command i don't know if i would want her on SG1. I dont think i could accept sam getting kicked down,
              I agree... I can't see her as 2IC on SG-1 not after she was supposed to have been SG-1's CO for Season 8.
              I think i would be okay with her being stationed at the SGC as 21C of the Base, Mitchells Commanding Officer and second to the General, i could live with that. It would be a promotion, SG1 would have it's new leading man and sam is higher up in the food chain. I suppose that could be a possibility. Would anyone else be okay with this, or prefer this to sam as 21C of SG1 if it happens (which i do hope it doesn't)
              Now that's a possibility that I hadn't thought of... Sam as 2IC of the base... and Mitchell's CO...hmmm... not a bad alternative if Sam can't be on SG-1 anymore... But then why wouldn't TPTB simply say so in an interview... Why not just say that Carter will be the base's new 2IC?

The lack of spoilers or comments about what Carter is doing and the role that she has in Season 9... this leads me to believe that they have something that they feel is a big change - and a big surprise. They may not know how the fans are going to react to this new role for Carter (some may love it, some may hate it)... Just what could they have Carter doing... that would make them hold back on any photos from the episodes that have already been filmed that she's in? The only thing that I can guess is that Carter's clothing gives away her new role, so they are holding back pics for as long as possible (until something leaks?).

Surely they must have gotten some pics of Sam in BDU's... or her dress uniform... or some such... those pics would be generic enough that they could show them?

P.S i usually come to this thread to cheer me up about this situation, everybody cheer up, THAT'S AN ORDER!
              Originally posted by tara3583
              Just seen my post count, heh, heh, nearly 250 and most of them on this thread!
              Way to go, Tara!

And Kat - beautiful new Sam photo-graphics.

And here's some Royal Blue to help everyone along in these trying, unsettling times
              Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 June 2005, 08:51 AM.

Comment

In the episode Hathor, I thought Sam had a few "cute" lines. One I liked was:

Carter: "Yep. Well Mama said there'd be days like this."
                Fraiser: "Really? My ex-husband said that. 'Are you out of your mind Honey buns? There is a reason they call it this man's army'."
                Carter:"'This man's army? Your husband actually said that?'"

I always loved that exchange betweeen Sam and Janet.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Thanks for the link to the pics, tsaxlady.

Question...just what did MS write in his sig?
                  MS wrote "Thor" The "*ss-guard"

How about this fun autopraphed picture - I had AT sign it at one con and then saw TR and a different con and had her sign it. I'm just posting the thumbnail of the picture so click on it if you want to see the bigger picture.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

How about this fun autopraphed picture - I had AT sign it at one con and then saw TR and a different con and had her sign it. I'm just posting the thumbnail of the picture so click on it if you want to see the bigger picture.

Great pic of AT and TR, tsaxlady. AT looks so happy - hope she enjoys the coming season with the same wonderful smile!

Comment

I'm guessing you just made Carterslave very happy!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Oooh... Good stuff tsaxlady! Is Dreamwatch found in the states, too? I can't remember! Thanks for that!
                        I've never seen it on the stands in the US. I have purchased copies of past issues off eBay and ordered them from the UK. Were I live it is hard to find an UK publications. When I was living in Jacksonville, Fl I could find some of the UK SciFi pubs at Comic book stores. Never asked them about Dreamwatch because I did not now about it then but they were always able to get other special mags I asked about.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Is the sun out yet in Samanda? I’ve been lurking the past few days, and it seems like it’s been dark and cloudy almost every time I check in. I know the hiatus is always hard, with no new episodes to chew on and discuss, and it’s doubly hard this year with almost no news about Sam/Amanda. We’re predictably anxious about what the new season has in store for our favorite character, with all the changes that we know are coming, and we’re worried about what those changes will mean for Sam.

Having said that, do we have to assume the worst? We’re taking the lack of information to mean bad things, and of course that is possible, but it doesn’t have to be that way. There can be lots of reasons for the shortage of Carter news. I understand the mental strategy of assuming the worst case scenario, so that any thing else will look good by comparison. I’ve used it myself on occasion. But for the next season of SG1, I’m in a wait and see frame of mind. I’m not being a wide eyed optimist, but we just don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m going to come down on the side of trusting TPTB and Amanda with protecting the character that they have created. I know that some of you (and me) have not been particularly fond of the way they’ve treated her on occasion lately, but I’ll ask you to do this: Name one other female character in a current tv show that you like and admire as much, even with the problems of the last couple of seasons. Go ahead, I’ll wait. (hums theme song from Jeopardy )

Ok, any takers? I know I couldn’t come up with any.

My point, belabored as it is, is that I don’t think that we should give up on TPTB and Amanda yet. They’ve done a good job for the most part with the character and I for one am willing to believe that they’ll continue to do so in the future.

NC
                          Maybe this is a good time to repost AgentDark's Wonderful World

To listen to Loius Armstrong sing this 'wonderful' song, click here

Agent Dark's Wonderful World is in the SaGC Collection - which is being updated as folks send me stuff... we have about 2 more weeks before I will send it off to the printer - so, for anyone who hasn't sent me something yet... please try and send it this week or so...

Comment

Well sure there's news :great news indeed :

new mommy and she just got a Leo Award
                            http://www.catherinebarr.com/photos/...rds/index.html

I like her new hairstyle !
                            Go Amanda !

ciao
                            Gottfried
                            General, just say the word and we're ready, in ten, no five, heck we're ready now!!

Comment

I see that Joe M was on line earlier today, but only answered one question about Sam, and not one of the ones most of you want answered, I'm afraid. Here it is:

3. When Sam returns in Beachhead, will she know who the Ori are, or will she have to be caught up to speed?

- She'll already be up to speed (and save us, and the audience, lengthy scenes in which we explain what we already know).

You can read the rest of the question and answers here - post # 1194

NC

Comment

i love that picture of teryl and amanda. those two are such good friends and, from all i've heard, sam and janet''s friendship mirrored that of amanda and teryl

i also have a 'multiple con' pic. i have one of don, teryl and amanda and, thus far, i've gottne teryl and don's auto

whenever Gabit is rescheduled, i want to get amanda's on there
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X