Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Edit: Didn't realize till now that I had a typo. Don't ya just hate that!
    Laugh, I have my family here visiting and every hour or so I run in here and play with my paint program just to get away. Ten people in one house is just too many in my opinion.
    Wow you can do that in a hour that's really good Love it!

Btw Love ya Sig too

Comment

Count me in
      Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Week of the Blue Jello Participants:

MajorSam
      Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
      LadyJeep
      sg-1fanintn
      Skydiver
      Dipsofjazz
      Cassie

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

please everyone, let's give it some more time.
        And while we wait, a game:

If Sam were a tree she'd be.... (and why'd you pick that?)
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          How about...

"To Whom It May Concern
          (Which better be everyone!):

There's this woman who used to be on your show. We don't know if you've heard of her. Her name starts with an "A" and ends in "manda." Yeah... That's right. That one. Anyway, You really should use her this season. Really.

Know why? Because she's just that loved. That's why.

PS - Jello was our first attempt at civility. You do not want to see what we've got up our sleeve NEXT..."

Ahem... heh... too much?

too much. in my opinion.

i'm just going to send a postcard on this date, instead of blue jello.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Just toying with ideas... what if Sam has the Ancient gene... but the naquadah and protein marker in her blood (from Jolinar) make it difficult/painful for her to try to operate Ancient tech like Jack does? Hmmmm...

(I know that they won't do such a thing on the show...but these are the paths that my imagination wanders... )
            that would be neat to see! like, sam 'almost' making something work, but she suddenly feels this tingly pain that gets worse and worse... she knows she can do it, but it hurts too much! that would be neat to see done.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              Hey, I never said Sacrifice her LIFE!!!

Just a few days of hours upon hours of self torture....

... you continue to scare me, majs.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

that would be neat to see! like, sam 'almost' making something work, but she suddenly feels this tingly pain that gets worse and worse... she knows she can do it, but it hurts too much! that would be neat to see done.

sally
                We kinda, sorta saw that in Double Jeopardy, when Clone Sam kept sticking her arm through the shielded thingie.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                  Week of the Blue Jello Participants:

MajorSam
                  Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
                  LadyJeep
                  sg-1fanintn
                  Skydiver
                  Dipsofjazz
                  Cassie
                  tsaxlady
                  School is officially out for summer
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

an evergreen. or, a tall redwood.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

too much. in my opinion.

i'm just going to send a postcard on this date, instead of blue jello.

sally
                      Well at least have a picture of a box or bowl of blue jello on the post card in order to keep up with the theme!

And this goes for all of our overseas sam fans too...if you don't think it's worth sending actual blue jello just add a blue jello picture to your letters/postcards...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

palm tree or an evergreen both pretty and last all year long!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Well at least have a picture of a box or bowl of blue jello on the post card in order to keep up with the theme!

And this goes for all of our overseas sam fans too...if you don't think it's worth sending actual blue jello just add a blue jello picture to your letters/postcards...
                          i'll hunt for a piccy of blue jello i can cut out.

i haven't figured out yet what i'm going to say on the postcard, but it'll prob be along the lines of what i said when i was postcarding my heart out for the shipper cause. just positive reinforcements of what i love about my fave part of the show (in this instance, sam/amanda).

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I like the palm tree; although grounded in sand, it manages to draw from the ocean to flourish. Like Sam who can take a little and produce a lot!

Also some kind of flowering desert tree (can't name any - ), maybe a fig tree. Producing something unexpectedly edible under harsh conditions.

Hmmm. I seem to like productive trees. May as well throw in oak, too. Acorns and all.

BTB, saw a sneak preview tonight for s9. Vala = cleavage; maybe Carter won't have to compete on that level again. Is this setting up a twist on the old military vs civilian/maverick, with a female soldier opposite a female civilian/maverick? A la O'Neill and Daniel (early on, that is)? Hmmm.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

an evergreen. or, a tall redwood.

sally
                              Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                              I like the palm tree; although grounded in sand, it manages to draw from the ocean to flourish. Like Sam who can take a little and produce a lot!

Also some kind of flowering desert tree (can't name any - ), maybe a fig tree. Producing something unexpectedly edible under harsh conditions.
                              Great posts, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                                Maybe it's the actress herself, Amanda Tapping and not the writers/producers, who are changing her role this season. Perhaps, as a new mother, she requested smaller parts, so as to be able to spend more time with her new daughter? The first year of life goes by so quickly, maybe she wants to treasure as much of it as possible.
                                if that's her choice, good for her. family is forever and should come first. It would just be nice if folks would say that.

I mean, when rda cut his time back, he was honest why he was doing it. and no, i'm not saying that amanda's not honest, not by a long, long, long shot.

I'm just saying that by NOT saying why there seems to be a lessening of sam, that it can look like she's being pushed out of the show in preference for the three stooges
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X