Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    awwe, i upset someone

ok, honestly, is this rude? I didn't think so, i thought it was blunt, but with joe you do have to be blunt

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50#post4279450

I have a question about Sam.

Due to the almost complete lack of mention of her in the spoilers, is she truly going to be an equal and participating member of this touted 'season of the team' or is she just going to be like Doctor Frasier, little bits and pieces when the script calls for it?

Me and many other fans of the character are noticing the lack of mention and were wondering if it was simply just how the spoilers were written or if the character of Sam is perhaps being written out of the show.

Can you give us any insight into this please?

thank you

___

and then i got a red ding saying this

Bringing person opinions into a Question and Answer Thread

___

mmhm, didn't think it was an opinion per se, but i would welcome some differing pov's if anyone feels like sharing them

I think this is the third red i've ever gotten. I feel sorta special
    I wouldn't worry about it - it was probably some Sam- basher (DJ lover) who disagrees with your position on Carter and probably feels that Sam should not be in the show at all and is probably very happy that her name has not yet appeared in many spoilers or interviews. That is the reason I shut off my rep points because I was tired of red dings and nasty comments from people who simply disagreed with what I had to say and then were to cowardly to identify themselves. I do not think you were rude or nasty or over any line and that is what the red rep point is supposed to be for - a nasty or rude post, not for people who disagree with you.) File it away under g for you know what and be proud you got you some red and stick to your guns . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Gawd, we need to pull all the frustrations together and write a heckuva fanfic!
      Now that might have been said in jest, but I think it would be REALLY neat! It'd be like one of those popcorn fics, just pass it along to the next writer... hehehe... I vote you to be the author of the first chapter, Chopingal!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Wow... thanks to you guys, I'm gonna have nightmares!

No, seriously, I'm hoping this is just a huge misunderstanding and miscommunication on everyone's part.

Here's the problem I have:

You guys are right when you say that TPTB adore Amanda Tapping. I can't count how many times I've heard them compliment her, whether she's in the same room with them during audio commentary or not.

Still... SciFi's desires probably trump everything. They're the reason that the show is still around; they're MOST LIKELY the reason why there's a bigger budget this season; and they're more than likely the reason why Browder and Black have been thrust upon the series.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing absolutely against the actors, but like we've all discussed before: SciFi wants those Farscape fans to come back to the network, and what better way to do that then to bring in the show's poster boy and girl?

It all comes back to ratings. No matter how much PDL, MW, JM, RCC, & Co. love Amanda, respect Amanda, and admire Amanda, the network's ultimate desire will be to forge through with high ratings so that they can end up on top.

It's really annoying to me, because I ALWAYS bought into the "family atmosphere" that they tried to put on, and maybe it's still true. I truly believe it's there WAY more than other series out there. Still, I can't shake the feeling that the "family" mentality has mostly gone and the "corporate" mentality has come in full swing.

With that said, I am gonna agree with AD and try to calm down and cut TPTB some slack.

You guys are a really fun group of people, but one thing I don't want this to turn into is some kind of Movement that is similar to when MS/DJ left the show. Some of the things that went on before, during, and after S6 were pretty pathetic, and I don't want AT/SC fans to be compared to that kind of behavior in any respect. You guys rock and are SOOOOOO much classier than that!
        I'm still reading these back posts and quite slow on the draw tonight. But, spaz, you bring up a really valid point: the corporate mentality of selling the show and bringing in new fans. Also, it's not just SciFi but the fact the MGM and Sony have merged (or are merging) and that the top-dog PTB may be handing down their own PR policies to be followed, no matter what the lesser corporate players want to do.

So far, what we've heard and been reading does seem to point to the lowest-common-denominator category.

And, being the classy, fun Samandans you describe above ... our somewhat simple, trusting souls have been saddened and stupified. Can you tell I'm on an S is for Sam and other "s" words kick?

Alliteration aside, I think the fans on this thread will survive and thrive ... just some growing pains we're all going through ... we are feeling defensive and protective of our Queen as we have every right to be. We're not asking for much here ... just a photo or two, a snippet of an interview ... something to affirm that all is right with AT and her coming back to set.

Sigh ... oops! Another "s" word ... actually, I was thinking of another "s" word but can't type **it!

Don't panic, I'll tell you when to panic ... did everyone buy their blue jello? BTW, I still haven't read the back pages ... so sorry if this has already been settled ... but are we going to send on a particular day or definitely next week, and, are we directing the jello to Rob C. Cooper or any other one specific person? Wouldn't that be more effective than just to TPTB? Has anyone written a specific note which we would then all repeat in our individual mailings? Something respectful but firm and funny that would get our message across that Sam Carter is valued and missed.

Appreciate your feedback on this! Add me to the blue-jello list if you haven't yet, Uber!

Also, if fellow Samandans want, I have some free time this weekend to compose a note or poem of support as our message ... but only if you think you'd like to go that route.

This is kind of an off-beat but fun way to stand up and be counted ... within the context of what this thread seems to be all about - loyal fans who have high expectations for their leading lady in S9!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Has anyone written a specific note which we would then all repeat in our individual mailings? Something respectful but firm and funny that would get our message across that Sam Carter is valued and missed.
          How about...

"To Whom It May Concern
          (Which better be everyone!):

There's this woman who used to be on your show. We don't know if you've heard of her. Her name starts with an "A" and ends in "manda." Yeah... That's right. That one. Anyway, You really should use her this season. Really.

Know why? Because she's just that loved. That's why.

PS - Jello was our first attempt at civility. You do not want to see what we've got up our sleeve NEXT..."

Ahem... heh... too much?

Comment

Edit: Didn't realize till now that I had a typo. Don't ya just hate that!
            Laugh, I have my family here visiting and every hour or so I run in here and play with my paint program just to get away. Ten people in one house is just too many in my opinion.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 June 2005, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              For the record...

Love the graphic.

LOVE the new sig.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Holy crap, you're fast!

Comment

Me too...

By the way, those lovely folks at Amazon have done thir stuff, and I'm now ready to start the book-learning as well as the watching bit of Stargate 101.

All I can say is TPTB better watch their six, especially as I've just found out that AT is one of ours. OK, she's an Essex Girl, but she's still one of ours.

Damn, I'm really cross now...

1s4S

Comment

Just toying with ideas... what if Sam has the Ancient gene... but the naquadah and protein marker in her blood (from Jolinar) make it difficult/painful for her to try to operate Ancient tech like Jack does? Hmmmm...

(I know that they won't do such a thing on the show...but these are the paths that my imagination wanders... )
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 June 2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Just toying with ideas... what if Sam has the Ancient gene... but the naquadah and protein marker in her blood (from Jolinar) make it difficult/painful for her to try? Hmmmm...

(I know that they won't do such a thing on the show...but these are the paths that my imagination wanders... )

So... so what you're saying....

Not only is Sam partially ancient... but she would get TORTURED using her brilliant powers in a sacrifice for the peoples of Earth!??!

Sam... going all ancient but in a good not-gonna-die way... but being tortured at the same time, by, literally, herself...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        Not only is Sam partially ancient... but she would get TORTURED using her brilliant powers in a sacrifice for the peoples of Earth!??!
                        And that's exactly where I was going with that, MajorSam!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          And that's exactly where I was going with that, MajorSam!

Hey, I never said Sacrifice her LIFE!!!

Just a few days of hours upon hours of self torture....
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Hey, I never said Sacrifice her LIFE!!!

Just a few days of hours upon hours of self torture....
                            In my universe, Sam doesn't die! (Unless she's brought back in a timely Stargate fashion).

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

You guys are a really fun group of people, but one thing I don't want this to turn into is some kind of Movement that is similar to when MS/DJ left the show. Some of the things that went on before, during, and after S6 were pretty pathetic, and I don't want AT/SC fans to be compared to that kind of behavior in any respect. You guys rock and are SOOOOOO much classier than that!

... i'm feeling this too. i just want us to put this all into perspective. and if it does all go the way we fear... then i want to be proud of my behavior at my lowest moments. no matter what, i want to go out an admirable fan.

please everyone, let's give it some more time.

(((samandans)))

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                ... i'm feeling this too. i just want us to put this all into perspective. and if it does all go the way we fear... then i want to be proud of my behavior at my lowest moments. no matter what, i want to go out an admirable fan.

please everyone, let's give it some more time.

(((samandans)))

sally
                                Just remember this is a fun way of showing TPTB that we support Sam...not some sort of save Sam campaign...because right now, there's nothing to save her from...

Just be sure to buy your blue jello and wait for marching orders from majorsam!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X