Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I believe Tokra Hostess asked for this list. I've posted it before, but this one has her newest awards listed as well.

I've marked all the nominations she has actually won in bold and in every case her win has been for a dramatic performance. I know we all love to see kick-ass Sam, but the episodes that get Amanda recognized by her peers will aways be those in which she has the ability to show her true acting talents. From what I can see from the Best of Sam polls, these are the episodes that all of us seem to love the most. So for me personally, although I want to see our old kick-ass Sam back, I also hope they continue to give Amanda scripts that allow her once again show the acting community what a wonderful talent she truly is.
    • 2005: Won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female for the episode, 8.18 "Threads"
    • 2005: Won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
    • 2004: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Direction for the episode, 7.19 "Resurrection"
    • 2004: Won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 7.13 "Grace"
    • 2004: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
    • 2002: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
    • 2002: Won a Leo Award for Dramatic Series: Best Lead Performance - Female for the episode, 5.03 "Ascension"
    • 2001: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television
    • 2001: Nominated for a Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for the episode, 4.16 "2010"
    • 2000: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Supporting Actress
    • 2000: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 3.06 "Point of View"

Hey I'm back from my wanderings and I've missed so much - no way I'll be able to read all the posts I've missed.

Fantastic about Amanda winning the Leo - fully deserved I'm thrilled to bits. Let TPTB take note of who the top actress on TV is! They should use her acting ability to the full if they want to keep ratings up!

Many thanks forever for posting this list.

Hey welcome back MajorSam. How are tricks? And many congrats on your medal award!

Blue Jello - its a great idea and sentiment, but I fear that AT's involvement with season 9 will already have been sealed. You never know if she doesn't get chance to lead SG1 The writers may come up with something great for Sam instead that we'll really like - Yup think positive.

I suspect TPTB may feel that having a female lead may not hold a top rating TV Programme - and lets face it that will be all TPTB are interested in - ratings and $ sad to say. I for one think they are way off the mark and that they are suffering Ivory Tower syndrome. Get into this century open your eyes and see the power that is woman!!

On that note I shall retreat for a wee while - I shall try and read back a few pages

Comment

After seeing Atlantis S2's promotional pics, I really want to see what they do with SG-1 this year. I don't think we had any promotional pics before the season started for SG-1 last year, but I'm still holding out on some.

From these pics, we might be able to see just WHAT they're planning on doing to Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel in regards to placement opposite the new characters, Mitchell, Landry, Vala and Lam.

Comment

It appears we've had some entertaining posts today. I look forward to reading them all when I get home. Right now, though, I just wanted to let you know about something. It's a little OT, but I thought you'd want to know.

Gateworld just posted an interview with RDA from Now Playing Magazine. In it, he talks about why he left SG-1 and whether he'll return. It's at:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...idepartu.shtml

He doesn't commit, but I think that's just RDA being snarky. I've thought about it ever since I heard about the Spacey Awards. I just don't think that a guy leaving the genre behind would let his acceptance speech (from a pool dressed in a suit) be the linear bit (running gag) for a big awards show. It just doesn't seem worth the effort. So I've chosen to believe he'll be back on our screens.......

See you later.....

Comment

Just popping in to say hi and I won't be around to make it on here for a little bit. It's good to see Coley back, and also an increased presence of our president . Big congrats on the medal!
          *counts* the military... a medal... playing in a band... goalie for a hocky team... teatre productions...
          It makes my head reel to think of everything you do.

I'm a bit worried about Charlie though. I haven't seen my fellow royal Page around since... since she said she was having RL get in the way. Uber, she said she was going to send you a photo of herself from her birthday party. If she hasn't done that, I hope everything is ok.

It's great hearing all the LEO news from you guys, I would probably never have found out about it otherwise! And Amanda looks amazing, if very different to how I'm used to seeing her (wich is as Sam ).

Good luck with your Blue jello adventures everyone. And thanks for the green which people have given me, I'll try and return some to you all at some stage, I've been pretty lazy in my jelly (oops, I mean jello) distribution lately.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep

Week of the Blue Jello Participants:

MajorSam
            Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
            LadyJeep
            sg-1fanintn

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              Now.....who else?

MajorSam
              Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
              LadyJeep
              sg-1fanintn
              Skydiver

Moi
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                lol, I admit it, the camera gave it the shine! yes it IS shiny in real life, but it also has some inscribed stuff which you can't see...

It's the Excellence Medal, (that's not it's full name, but basically it) for "Oustanding Service, Citizinship, and Comradeship" and some other stuff... but that's in the official letter I got the service citizen. and comrade. is written on the official signed and framed certificate I also recieved.

i'm soooooo happyyyyyyy
                Congratulations, MajorSam!!!

And I know we've already got the Blue Jello and the various Royal Beans (though these do seem to have been out of season for a while?), but maybe there should also be a "Samandan Excellence Medal", to be awarded for Outstanding Service, Citizenship, and Comradeship to the Kingdom? Would fit in nicely with the flag and the motto.

In fact, I can visualise it right now - just like yours, but with an orange ribbon? Should be well within the capabilities of our Royal PhotoShoppers...

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  It appears we've had some entertaining posts today. I look forward to reading them all when I get home. Right now, though, I just wanted to let you know about something. It's a little OT, but I thought you'd want to know.

Gateworld just posted an interview with RDA from Now Playing Magazine. In it, he talks about why he left SG-1 and whether he'll return. It's at:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...idepartu.shtml

He doesn't commit, but I think that's just RDA being snarky. I've thought about it ever since I heard about the Spacey Awards. I just don't think that a guy leaving the genre behind would let his acceptance speech (from a pool dressed in a suit) be the linear bit (running gag) for a big awards show. It just doesn't seem worth the effort. So I've chosen to believe he'll be back on our screens.......

See you later.....
                  If you have ever seen Anderson accept one of the Spacey awards you know he can be quite winded. I saw one clip where he, CJ and Amanda were accepting a Spacey award and he went on for four or five minutes pretending he was talking to Thor( I don't think Amanda or Chris said much but they laughed alot). It was actually quite funny. I think part of RDA's charm is his quirkiness. It's too bad they haven't gotten a clip up on the web.

The part of the interview that stood out for me was where it said 'Landry would be filling his role as commander of the SGC, and Browder would be replacing him as lead of SG-1.'

I'm not sure why, but it really bothers me that everyone seems to just ignore the fact that Sam/Amanda already replaced Jack as commander of SG-1. She was commander for entire year. So if anything, Browder would be replacing Amanda, not RDA.

Comment

MajorSam
                    Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
                    LadyJeep
                    sg-1fanintn
                    Skydiver
                    Dipsofjazz

Me too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

MajorSam
                      Mary Beth (ÜberSG-1Fan)
                      LadyJeep
                      sg-1fanintn
                      Skydiver
                      Dipsofjazz
                      MajorSal

Me too.

MajorSal signed up too, lol, hopefully she'll figure out what it's for soon enough!

Thanks everyone for your congrats (Chopin.... beautiful! *Sniff* just beautiful! *choke* Now look what you've done, I've gone and got all teary eyed! )

I think that Samandan Medal is a brilliant suggestion!

By Orange, which part do you mean? Something like this, perhaps?

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        ...clip, clip, clip...
                        I'm not sure why, but it really bothers me that everyone seems to just ignore the fact that Sam/Amanda already replaced Jack as commander of SG-1. She was commander for entire year. So if anything, Browder would be replacing Amanda, not RDA.
                        That's because Sam was so poorly written in S8, we never really saw her in command of Sg1, for that matter we rarely saw SG1 off-world that much.
                        TPTB lost a golden opportunity to develop her as a competent military commander, not just a scientist.
                        Just realised this is my first post on this thread Hi everyone
                        Last edited by jafacakes; 02 June 2005, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                          That's because Sam was so poorly written in S8, we never really saw her in command of Sg1, for that matter we rarely saw SG1 off-world that much.
                          TPTB lost a golden opportunity to develop her as a competent military commander, not just a scientist.
                          Chris Judge mentioned a bigger and better budget for the new season, which definitely means more offworld activity (and probably more leeway for all of these "A-List" actors ). He said he could not (or would not) specify where this new budget was coming from, but I think I heard that Gekko is no longer apart of the series. Anyone want to clarify?

Anyway, this bigger budget deal unfortunately had bad timing, because the writers had to create stories for S8 accordingly. If the budget had presented itself this time last year, perhaps we would have seen much more of Sam's leadership abilities out in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes

*sigh* "Lost a golden opportunity"

The story of TPTB's lives... Or so it seems
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                              *sigh* "Lost a golden opportunity"

The story of TPTB's lives... Or so it seems
                              Have hope, Dear President! Even if the first six eps tick me off for unknown reasons, I know they can redeem themselves!

Uh... is it bad that I'm already preparing to be ticked off? No, seriously, I have faith in them.

Comment

I have to thank Shimmerstar for posting this originally on the shipper page, but since we've all had jello on the brain recently, I thought I'd go ahead and repost it here. This is an excerpt from one of the convention Amanda did in New Zealand.

An audience member asks something about blue jello.

Amanda's response:

Blue jello. It started out so innocently. We were doing a scene in the cafeteria and there was rice pudding, which looked a bit suspect, like it had been under the heat lamp or something – bit crusty on top. And there was jello…and there was fruit cups, or something like that. And I said, "O, I'll have jello" – and then I saw the blue and I thought, "Blue jello – that would be kind of fun." And so I had it. And the next time we did a cafeteria scene there was more blue jello there and I said, "I think I'll make this a thing. I'll have the blue jello." So now it's just become this crazy thing.

I actually get blue jello sent to me from various parts of the world – which is kind of cool. (Audience laughs) but ah….it's fun because it makes your tongue turn blue….and it actually makes your teeth turn kind of blue, so you know it's good for you! (Audience laughs.)

And I did a scene with Rick, and in between takes – or even during takes if the camera was on him – I'd put blue jello on my tongue and let it dissolve, and then just go (shows the blue in her mouth) (audience laughs) and poor Rick would be like, in the middle of a scene going, (trying not to get distracted) "Kiss me Rick, come on – you know you wanna!" "Blue jello!" But now it's just become this crazy thing. And I actually quite enjoy it. So…..that's Sam's new favourite food.

So we have yet another wonderful Sam personality trait all thanks to Amanda

<-- This really needs to have a blue tongue instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X