Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    It's Jelly here! Definitely Jelly. Jay, Ee, El, El, Why. J E L L Y. But us Aussie's are willing to play along and call it Jello, just for all those of you who say it wrong .
    Gelatin is what makes jello/jelly.
    A post I made a long time ago, in a galaxy far away:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=6289

But I've said it once before, and I'll say it again. You all do what you like, but I don't feel I have the right to try and influence TPTB in any way. It's their show, they've already written season9 and started filming it. What is anything we say going to change, and do we really have the right to try and change anything anyway. I will not be writing any letters to them. Sorry Uber.
    I agree with you.

We don't have the right to make demands. Actually we do, it's just not appropriate.

But what we do have the right to do and is perfectly appropriate is to demonstrate to TPTB in a fun and clever way that there is a large fanbase for Carter and that we don't want to see her relegated to wallflower status, saying "yes sir" to some newbie...we have the right to tell them how we feel in a respectful yet fun way.

And with deepest respect Deepspace, I must disagree with you. Season 9 is not set in stone...many of the elements are fluidic. And also to suggest that they don't respond to fans is also wrong...because when they saw what kind of fanbase there was for Klorel, they digitally added him to Apophis's escape scene in Serpent's Lair...they didn't film it that way.

So fans can make a difference and do it in a fun and clever way!
    Last edited by Uber; 01 June 2005, 03:02 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      <snip>

But I've said it once before, and I'll say it again. You all do what you like, but I don't feel I have the right to try and influence TPTB in any way. It's their show, they've already written season9 and started filming it. What is anything we say going to change, and do we really have the right to try and change anything anyway. I will not be writing any letters to them. Sorry Uber.
      I respect your decision not to write to TPTB, but I disagree with you that we don’t have the right. If it wasn’t for us, there would be no viewers to their show, and there would be no big money coming in from all the DVDs and other related items. Without us, there would be no show, or at least, it wouldn’t have lasted so long. I feel I have every right to contact TPTB, as long as it is a polite, courteous letter. By my understanding, nobody here is going to be demanding anything, but rather emphasise the fact that they have a wonderful asset to their show. If it’s done in a fun way, as in using the jelly boxes, then it may remind the bosses that Amanda, and the Sam character, has a loyal following. That can only be to the good.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        For everyone who wanted the original images from those pics, I've uploaded all the ones I have to my gallery here http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19See I had no idea they hadn't been seen before... but there you go.. sometimes there are surprises! Meanwhile my favs are 1,2,3,13 & 26 But they're all Amanda & they're all stunning! Probably the most stunning shots I've ever seen.
        THANK YOU, myrth! i've saved them all.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          eh, it's sealed in a box

and if 5-6 of us each send a couple of boxes, i doubt customs will even notice.

we can come up with a little phrase to put in with it

i actualy think getting 20 boxes from twenty differnt folks will have more of an impact than one poor schlob sending it all in one package
          i'm game.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

I definitely think she deserves some more attention from the states!

totally agree!

(i think she's a treasure just waiting to be discovered)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Here's food for thought: we often complain that Sam's character is poorly written and that we'd like to see more Action Sam, but, has anyone ever thought to chart AT's many wins (at award times, that is) to see what kinds of episodes feature her work? (Sounds like a job for Astro G Neither Grace nor Threads are Action Sam eps, IMO, but, rather, angst(is that a tv award category ) or drama.
              i like both. i like action and introspective stories. as astro has said before, it's all in the balance.

i think the only reason the last two years have focused so much on sam's personal life is because she was going through a bit of a 'is there more to life for me? and is there someone to share it with?' personal contemplation. i've kind of been going through the same thing too (i think it's an age thing), so the whole scenario seemed... real to me. BUT, not enough focus on sam taking over sg1 AND commanding sg1 was given time. balance.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                Yay Congrats Amanda!!!
                She looks great love the dress! You can so not tell she just had a baby 2 months ago aawww almost looks like she's gettin a little teary eyed up their! Congrats
                i've been going back and looking at those pictures a lot. it's SO nice to see what she looks like now!, and i think she looks *gorgeous* at the ceremony! so elegant and beautiful.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Let's not worry about who wants or doesn't want to play and send the jello. It's up to each person to make his/her own decision and neither choice is right or wrong

Samanda's not about following the hive mind or bullying (not that anyone is doing that) it's about a bunch of folks who are all united by thier respect for and fondness of Amanda and Sam
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are we still looking for a cute uniform message to go in our packages of Jello, or shall we each just buy the Jello, pack it up with an individual note and ship it to Bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Are we still looking for a cute uniform message to go in our packages of Jello, or shall we each just buy the Jello, pack it up with an individual note and ship it to Bridge?

We all be sendin jello???

I'm sorry, i'm so out of the loop :'(

But last night I had my big final parade of the year, and was Flag Party CO as I think I mentioned...

well anyways, I RECIEVED MY FIRST MEDAL!

I've been working to get that ever since I joined!!!!

SO HAPPYYYYYYY

(Oh, and just to say, the positioning and such are aaall ooff, lol, and my button is undone...but don't mind that!)
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        But last night I had my big final parade of the year, and was Flag Party CO as I think I mentioned...

well anyways, I RECIEVED MY FIRST MEDAL!

I've been working to get that ever since I joined!!!!

SO HAPPYYYYYYY
                        Oooo, its so shiny...

Whats the medal actually for?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Oooo, its so shiny...

Whats the medal actually for?

lol, I admit it, the camera gave it the shine! yes it IS shiny in real life, but it also has some inscribed stuff which you can't see...

It's the Excellence Medal, (that's not it's full name, but basically it) for "Oustanding Service, Citizinship, and Comradeship" and some other stuff... but that's in the official letter I got the service citizen. and comrade. is written on the official signed and framed certificate I also recieved.

i'm soooooo happyyyyyyy

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            lol, I admit it, the camera gave it the shine! yes it IS shiny in real life, but it also has some inscribed stuff which you can't see...

It's the Excellence Medal, (that's not it's full name, but basically it) for "Oustanding Service, Citizinship, and Comradeship" and some other stuff... but that's in the official letter I got the service citizen. and comrade. is written on the official signed and framed certificate I also recieved.

i'm soooooo happyyyyyyy
                            Hehe, gw

Comment

I believe Tokra Hostess asked for this list. I've posted it before, but this one has her newest awards listed as well.

I've marked all the nominations she has actually won in bold and in every case her win has been for a dramatic performance. I know we all love to see kick-ass Sam, but the episodes that get Amanda recognized by her peers will aways be those in which she has the ability to show her true acting talents. From what I can see from the Best of Sam polls, these are the episodes that all of us seem to love the most. So for me personally, although I want to see our old kick-ass Sam back, I also hope they continue to give Amanda scripts that allow her once again show the acting community what a wonderful talent she truly is.
                              • 2005: Won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female for the episode, 8.18 "Threads"
                              • 2005: Won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
                              • 2004: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Direction for the episode, 7.19 "Resurrection"
                              • 2004: Won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 7.13 "Grace"
                              • 2004: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
                              • 2002: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
                              • 2002: Won a Leo Award for Dramatic Series: Best Lead Performance - Female for the episode, 5.03 "Ascension"
                              • 2001: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television
                              • 2001: Nominated for a Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for the episode, 4.16 "2010"
                              • 2000: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Supporting Actress
                              • 2000: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 3.06 "Point of View"

Comment

People of Samanda,

I hereby give thee a Royal Proclamation

In light of the swelling of horrible rumours that our dear Queen perhaps might be 'replaced' and shut down from her rightful command, an endeavour has been planned.

I call all citizens forth to participate in the Royal Week of the Jello.

Our mission: Give our Queen the Respect and Command she deserves!!!

Our plan:
                                Each of us, yes, each, to simply go out and buy a packet or two of Blue Jello, the symbol of our Queen. If you want, you can write a personal note to go along with it. In the space of one week, or even more condensed if possible, we shall send these Blue Packages, from all over the world, to TPTB.

Our Goal: That TPTB will be reminded that our Queen is loved by MANY, and that something like having her command taken away will NOT BE PUT UP WITH!!! She has already won 2, yes TWO awards this year... as well as several in the past. Hopefully TPTB will see this, and see her immense fan based support, and, at the very least, have it in the back of their minds that she is loved, and can't be messed, or pushed, around!

Why we chose this format: An online petition, for example, would just not do. In the hype of the Forum, emotions would be stirred, and arguements would insue. Many of our citizens could become involved with outraged Anti-Sam's, and we do not wish this to happen. Sending, quietly yet surely, our little Blue reminders shall tweak the minds of TPTB in a respectful calm mature manner.

Dear citizens and fans of Amanda...

I implore you to participate in this event. We cannot let the abuse continue as it seems, or let the potential disasters happen.

If you wish to participate in this event, please copy this list and sign up your name. I hope to venture to other Amanda havens of the Net, and recruit as many people as possible. Once all people who wish to have signed up, we will set a date! (The signing is just for a rough estimate of how many people are going to do this!)

Of course this is individual sending, none of your personal information will leak online, this is just like sending a letter to a friend or family member.

This must happen ASAP!!! Filming is already months in, but TPTB still have months to get some great Kick-Butt Sam in!

Week of the Blue Jello:

MajorSam

P.S, please tell anyone else you know who is a Sam fan!
                                Last edited by MajorSam; 01 June 2005, 09:16 PM.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Working...
                                X