Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Wow...most people don't go that far when they see a picture they like...
    Maybe it’s part of being a Virgo. Some of us like data and details, lots of data and details!

I don't mind but I only contributed. Ask Kat for permission... and although I don't dare speak for another artist...Kat in this case...I don't think she'll mind you enjoying her work so much that you download it.
    Kat, since I didn't ask permission, let me know if you would like me to delete the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Here we are - a photo of Amanda at the 2005 Leo Awards Ceremony!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/ATLeo05.jpg

She looks lovely and has a new hairstyle for 2005! Motherhood becomes her.

thank you!

she looks *gorgeous*, as usual.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        I downloaded the pic and the program creator info was part of the EXIF properties (which is found under File Info in Photoshop). Another graphics program I use also identified it as created by Photoshop.

I liked it so I downloaded it. I hope that was ok. If that was the wrong thing to do let me know and I will delete it. Sorry, I should have asked for permission before downloading it.
        Im not sure how other people are, but anything I put up on this thread is fine by me to download if you so choose. In fact, I'm flattered anyone would find my stuff worthy of keeping. Most of the time I create these pictures for my own enjoyment and hope that it might bring a smile to someone else as well. It often helps to ease some of my frustrations with the show.

So, please feel free.
        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Im not sure how other people are, but anything I put up on this thread is fine by me to download if you so choose. In fact, I'm flattered anyone would find my stuff worthy of keeping. Most of the time I create these pictures for my own enjoyment and hope that it might bring a smile to someone else as well. It often helps to ease some of my frustrations with the show.

So, please feel free.
          Kat
          Thanks, Kat! I feel the same way about my stuff, too.

Comment

a commercial's music reminded me of one of my fave movies, which quickly made me think of some of the movies i'd wished amanda had starred in. the movie i'm specifially talking about in this instance is 'only when i laugh', with marsha mason and kristy mcNichol. it's really a big showcase for marsha's acting, because she gets to play to whole gamut. i'd also loved to have seen her in the movie 'the abyss'.

what movies OR shows would you guys like to see amanda in?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              ... what movies OR shows would you guys like to see amanda in?
              Law & Order: SVU, baby. That's the only other show I actually bother watching nowadays! That or ER.

Basically anything that doesn't contain astrophysics, because I would REALLY need to watch her work without subconsciously thinking about how much she spouts technobabble like Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                a commercial's music reminded me of one of my fave movies, which quickly made me think of some of the movies i'd wished amanda had starred in. the movie i'm specifially talking about in this instance is 'only when i laugh', with marsha mason and kristy mcNichol. it's really a big showcase for marsha's acting, because she gets to play to whole gamut. i'd also loved to have seen her in the movie 'the abyss'.

what movies OR shows would you guys like to see amanda in?

sally
                AT is the only one who could have done Aliens, the second film in the series (other than Sigourney, of course).

She would handle the Marines with authority, albeit in a diplomatic manner, since she has experience dealing with the military frame of mind. She would have been perfect with young Newt (like she was with Cassie). She has experience with dramatic elevator scenes. She could have wielded that Queen blasting gun/flame thrower with precision (see any scenes with the P-90 or Carter Special). And, at the end when saving Newt and herself, her experience with high tech equipment would have made her a natural for operating the Loader and throwing the Queen out the airlock.

AT communicates smarts, compassion and bravery, key Ripley qualities. Sam is softer than Ripley, but we’ve seen AT do the hard edge bit with Replicarter. A perfect mix for Ripley. This all makes me want to watch Aliens again!

Comment

Hey, what's the total amount of awards she's won since starting SG-1?

Comment

First, for crying out loud, if you haven't sent me your picture, do so now so I can finish the group photo project within the next year or so...

Second, I just had a thought...(I know, stop the presses)...

We are a might troubled by the possibility that some upstart that has had a grand total of 0 trips through the stargate before season 9 will retain the position as SG-1 team leader even after Sam returns.

This possibility, as one might fathom, irks me to no end.

So how can we...as the lowly and moderately ignored...fanbase communicate in a thoughtful, respectful and yet vocal and clever way to TPTB that we want to see our Sam in Command in 9?

Here's the kooky idea now (brace yourselves)...

What if we were to send like a box of blue jello (or even a box full of little boxes of blue jello) to our good friends at Bridge Studios with a very polite yet strongly written letter urging them to keep in mind they need to dance with the one that brung them who also is raining Saturns and Leos on them left and right???

Now we could coordinate and have it so we could each buy like 20 boxes of blue jello and box it up and send it from whereever we are in the world to TPTB with our letters?

The idea here is to grab attention without being rude...but to organize a campaign where they know there's a large fan base that wants to see Sam in Command.

So...what'd ya think???
                    Last edited by Uber; 31 May 2005, 11:19 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's the kooky idea now (brace yourselves)...

What if we were to send like a box of blue jello (or even a box full of little boxes of blue jello) to our good friends at Bridge Studios with a very polite yet strongly written letter urging them to keep in mind they need to dance with the one that brung them???

Now we could coordinate and have it so we could each buy like 20 boxes of blue jello and box it up and send it from whereever we are in the world to TPTB with our letters?

The idea here is to grab attention without being rude...but to organize a campaign where they know there's a large fan base that wants to see Sam in Command.

So...what'd ya think???
                      rofl
                      I see one thing wrong with that plan: The Blue Jelly (yes, we call it Jelly over here... ) would never get out my door because, well, I'd eat it first...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        rofl
                        I see one thing wrong with that plan: The Blue Jelly (yes, we call it Jelly over here... ) would never get out my door because, well, I'd eat it first...
                        So...not only do you get way better DVD features, you spell Jell-o wrong.

Tsk. Tsk.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So...not only do you get way better DVD features, you spell Jell-o wrong.

Tsk. Tsk.
                          Pfft, jelly's the proper name for it... Jell-O is just a brand of jelly

*pats DVD's*

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Pfft, jelly's the proper name for it... Jell-O is just a brand of jelly

*pats DVD's*
                            First off, FROM the manufacturer's themselves...JELL-O® is a brand of Gelatin. See? GELATIN. Not jelly...

And as for your DVDs, as far as I'm concerned you can TAKE them and shove 'em up yer...wait...this is a family forum, right? Dang.

P.S.: Now that I'm done horsin' around, what do you think about the idea to nudge TPTB???

Comment

I'll second that one! AT 4 ADA... lol or something. I've been babbling about Amanda needing to guest star in SVU all over the SVU fandom. Maybe we can get someone to whisper it in Amanda's ear, I can get it taken care of at the SVU end... stranger things have happened!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Law & Order: SVU, baby. That's the only other show I actually bother watching nowadays! That or ER.

Basically anything that doesn't contain astrophysics, because I would REALLY need to watch her work without subconsciously thinking about how much she spouts technobabble like Sam.
                              sigpic

Comment

For everyone who wanted the original images from those pics, I've uploaded all the ones I have to my gallery here http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19See I had no idea they hadn't been seen before... but there you go.. sometimes there are surprises! Meanwhile my favs are 1,2,3,13 & 26 But they're all Amanda & they're all stunning! Probably the most stunning shots I've ever seen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X