Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal

BTW, just read a loose translation of the German from the paragraph about AT at this same website and I'm LOL ... I don't think it's quite on the money ... something to the effect that Amanda was thanking the producers for nine wonderful years of Stargate roles but, get this, also thanking them for letting her "live like a Colonel in this world" ...

There seems to be something lacking in the translation ... any Daniel Jacksons among us? Uber ... can you read the original German and translate for us? I'm sure the person meant well but I don't believe English is her first language either.

And, as to Amanda "thanking" the producers ... I'll just stop right there ... she's one gracious and classy lady!
    My German is so rusty & I couldn't find my English/German dictionary. I could get the 9 wonderful years, but got stuck on the 2nd part. I tried an online free translation program and came up with another translation that didn't really make sense. The best I could come up with would be something like: "the chance to be a Colonel in space in the current season." One translation said "Soothing Colonel"
    Hope we have some German readers handy:
    Von den Stargate-Nominierungen an diesem Abend konnte sich nur Amanda Tapping in der Kategorie „Beste weibliche Hauptrolle in einer Serie“ durchsetzen. In ihrer Dankesrede wandte sie sich insbesondere an die Produzenten. Sie bedankte sich für neun wunderbare Jahre Stargate und der Möglichkeit, auch als stillender Colonel im Weltraum unterwegs zu sein.

Comment

Never Forget

This is the latest collaboration of Uber and myself.

I hope you like it.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Never Forget

I hope you like it.

Kat
        I don't just like it...I LOVE it!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          My German is so rusty & I couldn't find my English/German dictionary. I could get the 9 wonderful years, but got stuck on the 2nd part. I tried an online free translation program and came up with another translation that didn't really make sense. The best I could come up with would be something like: "the chance to be a Colonel in space in the current season." One translation said "Soothing Colonel"
          Hope we have some German readers handy:
          Von den Stargate-Nominierungen an diesem Abend konnte sich nur Amanda Tapping in der Kategorie „Beste weibliche Hauptrolle in einer Serie“ durchsetzen. In ihrer Dankesrede wandte sie sich insbesondere an die Produzenten. Sie bedankte sich für neun wunderbare Jahre Stargate und der Möglichkeit, auch als stillender Colonel im Weltraum unterwegs zu sein.
          In her acceptance speech she turned in particular to the producers, thanking them for nine miraculous years of Stargate and for the possibility to be away as a nursing( breast feeding) Colonel in space.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but this is what I could remember of all those years of German.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 31 May 2005, 02:02 PM.

Comment

In her acceptance speech she turned in particular to the producers, thanking them for nine miraculous years of Stargate and for the possibility to also be a nursing( breast feeding) Colonel in space.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but this is what I could remember of all those years of German.
            That sounds very plausible & like her sense of humor. Thanks!

Comment

Never Forget

I hope you like it.

Kat
              This is good and dark and angsty and ... courageous. Love it! I'll PM you about what it also reminds me of ...

Good job, Kat and Uber!

Comment

In her acceptance speech she turned in particular to the producers, thanking them for nine miraculous years of Stargate and for the possibility to be away as a nursing( breast feeding) Colonel in space.

That makes sense because someone was translating an adjective as "soothing" and that could be the "nursing", right?

BTW, if you watched Shades of Gray tonight ... did anyone think about the scene where Daniel gets very assertive with the new Colonel (Makepeace) and wants to know why Sam didn't get to replace O'Neill as head of SG1 ... gosh, that got me to hoping that Daniel gets on his high horse again and advocates for Sam's reinstatement as team leader when she returns to SGC. What are friends for?

Danke, frau Kat!

Comment

Never Forget

I hope you like it.

Kat

Wow! One of the best I've seen! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    That makes sense because someone was translating an adjective as "soothing" and that could be the "nursing", right?

BTW, if you watched Shades of Gray tonight ... did anyone think about the scene where Daniel gets very assertive with the new Colonel (Makepeace) and wants to know why Sam didn't get to replace O'Neill as head of SG1 ... gosh, that got me to hoping that Daniel gets on his high horse again and advocates for Sam's reinstatement as team leader when she returns to SGC. What are friends for?

Danke, frau Kat!
                    THAT'S what I want to see. Maybe the new general wants to keep Cam in, but Daniel and Teal'c advocate for Sam...and then she does something to show how incredibly invaluable she is and proves her worth to the guys who don't know better.

If they don't back her up, then I'll wonder if they are the same Teal'c and Daniel...I WANT to see Daniel and Teal'c maintain the same level of support they showed for her throughout the series...like in Zero Hour when they again showed her emotional support when she was perhaps a little concerned that Jack was being a little overprotective of the team...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

By the way...regarding Sam's leadership abilities...I'd like to say that in looking at older episodes (Matter of Time and Fallout in this case) I am now seeing strong leadership traits that maybe were obscured to me at the time because her leadership style is different than Jack's...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Never Forget

I hope you like it.

Kat
                        Great job, Kat and Uber! I like the mix of the black and white (Jack) with the colored texture of Sam and Martouf. It makes a nice mix for the background.

Kat, I noticed you used Photoshop on this one. You must be enjoying your new toy!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                          Great job, Kat and Uber! I like the mix of the black and white (Jack) with the colored texture of Sam and Martouf. It makes a nice mix for the background.

Kat, I noticed you used Photoshop on this one. You must be enjoying your new toy!
                          Okay...I have to know...what do you mean with "I noticed you used Photoshop on this one"...what makes you say that??? Kat uploaded a jpg, not a psd...

What's cluing you in as to what application was used in the design process?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Okay...I have to know...what do you mean with "I noticed you used Photoshop on this one"...what makes you say that??? Kat uploaded a jpg, not a psd...

What's cluing you in as to what application was used in the design process?
                            I downloaded the pic and the program creator info was part of the EXIF properties (which is found under File Info in Photoshop). Another graphics program I use also identified it as created by Photoshop.

I liked it so I downloaded it. I hope that was ok. If that was the wrong thing to do let me know and I will delete it. Sorry, I should have asked for permission before downloading it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              I downloaded the pic and the program creator info was part of the EXIF properties (which is found under File Info in Photoshop). Another graphics program I use also identified it as created by Photoshop.

I liked it so I downloaded it. I hope that was ok. If that was the wrong thing to do let me know and I will delete it. Sorry, I should have asked for permission before downloading it.
                              Wow...most people don't go that far when they see a picture they like...

I don't mind but I only contributed. Ask Kat for permission... and although I don't dare speak for another artist...Kat in this case...I don't think she'll mind you enjoying her work so much that you download it.

Comment

LOL

a lot of people don't realize how much info is in a picture. if you open a picture with photoshop (or some other programs) it can tell you when it was taken, with what camera, date and time and tons of other info
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X