Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian
    I woke up this morning with a few questions in my head about the new season, and I think I came up with a few answers. Not sure they're right, but I thougt I would share them cause they're bugging me. Possible spoilers here, so beware

What do we know of the new season ?

Jack's leaving SGC
    Sam's off at Area 51
    SG-1 dismembered
    And when it is formed back, Sam's not its leader, it's Cameron Mitchell

Why ???

Seams like they are punished !

Why ?

And then, what do we know of season 8 ?

Jack and Sam rethinking their relationship with others, and with themselves

Jack's face (relook at it if you don't remember, cause there, I think, is the answer for all this mess) when he says, at the end of Moebius : "you've got packing to do", before the fishing trip

He's staring at her up and down. Quite suggestively actually. AND Sam's little smile, a bit shy, yet ...

Here's your answer folks.

PUNISHMENT !!!!
    Hey Historian!! Welcome to the thread.

Well I tell ya if this is the case, it certainly will take the cake. For a punishment where two people would most definitely be involved, the female gets demoted and the male gets promoted(not that Jack would actually consider it as such). Just doesn't seem right, but that's not saying you aren't correct in your assessment.

I've racked my brain trying to figure out how they will explain Sam being gone and this is the only reasonable solution I have been able to come up with.

Things we know...

1. Replicators have been eradicated.
    2. What is left of the Gou'ald System Lords are in disarray and no longer a real threat.
    3. The new Jaffa free nation has been established.
    4. Sam and Jack went fishing.

Hypothesis: Potential spoilers for season 9
    Spoiler:

1. Because they believe that Earth is no longer in immediate danger, TPTB decide to reduce the amount of funds going into the Stargate program thus limiting Stargate usage to a bear minimum.
    2. Teal'c goes back to help out the new Jaffa nation.
    3. Daniel retires and joins a dig in Giza, Egypt.
    4. Sam and Jack takes a much deserved vacation.
    5. Sam and Jack go fishing some more( alone ).
    6. With the SG teams no longer going off-world, the USAF decide, after much debate, the best way utilize Sam's brilliant mind is to have her backward engineer some of the technology collecting dust at Area 51 and to help roll out a new fleet of Daedalus class ships; thus she is transferred to Area 51 to work on several highly classified projects.
    7. When news that Hammond has retired due to health reasons and that here is a possibility that the Stargate program may be shut down entirely, Jack begrudgingly accepts a position as head of Homeworld Security.

The only reason I can see that Sam would not run back to the SGC as soon as the Stargate is re-opened would be if she were working on an extremely sensitive piece of technology that she is very close to have a working prototype and despite Jack's insistence that the SGC needs her back, the USAF and President deny his request for a transfer until the project she is currently working on is completed.

To me this would explain why Mitchell is in charge of SG-1 when the season begins and why Sam is not there; however, I can not speculate what will happen when Sam finally comes back or who will be in charge of SG1. I would hope that it would be Sam, but I have been disappointed before.

Kat
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 31 May 2005, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

To me this would explain why Mitchell is in charge of SG-1 when the season begins and why Sam is not there; however, I can not speculate what will happen when Sam finally comes back or who will be in charge of SG1. I would hope that it would be Sam, but I have been disappointed before.

Kat
      It doesn't sound nearly as exciting as cruising around the galaxy with the Asgard hey? I was slightly :| at the
      Spoiler:
      Area 51
      spoiler but I'm content to wait and see.
      Besides, we can always write our own start to Season9 if we have to...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Here we are - a photo of Amanda at the 2005 Leo Awards Ceremony!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/ATLeo05.jpg

She looks lovely and has a new look for 2005! Motherhood becomes her.

And here are two photos of AT from last year's Leo Award event ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/ATLeo041.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/ATLeo042.jpg

Wow, Amanda looks great!! Love the new locks!
        Thanks a bunch, CG.

Comment

Hey Historian!! Welcome to the thread.

Well I tell ya if this is the case, it certainly will take the cake. For a punishment where two people would most definitely be involved, the female gets demoted and the male gets promoted(not that Jack would actually consider it as such). Just doesn't seem right, but that's not saying you aren't correct in your assessment.

I've racked my brain trying to figure out how they will explain Sam being gone and this is the only reasonable solution I have been able to come up with.

Things we know...

1. Replicators have been eradicated.
          2. What is left of the Gou'ald System Lords are in disarray and no longer a real threat.
          3. The new Jaffa free nation has been established.
          4. Sam and Jack went fishing.

Hypothesis: Potential spoilers for season 9
          Spoiler:

1. Because they believe that Earth is no longer in immediate danger, TPTB decide to reduce the amount of funds going into the Stargate program thus limiting Stargate usage to a bear minimum.
          2. Teal'c goes back to help out the new Jaffa nation.
          3. Daniel retires and joins a dig in Giza, Egypt.
          4. Sam and Jack takes a much deserved vacation.
          5. Sam and Jack go fishing some more( alone ).
          6. With the SG teams no longer going off-world, the USAF decide, after much debate, the best way utilize Sam's brilliant mind is to have her backward engineer some of the technology collecting dust at Area 51 and to help roll out a new fleet of Daedalus class ships; thus she is transferred to Area 51 to work on several highly classified projects.
          7. When news that Hammond has retired due to health reasons and that here is a possibility that the Stargate program may be shut down entirely, Jack begrudgingly accepts a position as head of Homeworld Security.

The only reason I can see that Sam would not run back to the SGC as soon as the Stargate is re-opened would be if she were working on an extremely sensitive piece of technology that she is very close to have a working prototype and despite Jack's insistence that the SGC needs her back, the USAF and President deny his request for a transfer until the project she is currently working on is completed.

Kat
          Thanks for welcoming me to this tread ForeverSg1.

I'm brand new to the world of forums, so please excuse the mistakes I'll do and feel free to give me some advice.

I love what you all do with the pictures you post. And thanks for the pictures of AT at the Leo awards.

As for Season 9, I see you've been working those brain cells also
          So this is how we post spoilers

Potential spoilers for season 9
          Spoiler:

Who says it's a demotion. From what I hear, "She’s been looking after Area 51", which means, she's kind of a boss. And taking both them away from SGC is kind of punishment, even if the other works also important. And they can't give her back the lead of SG-1 because of that punishment. Yet they (Sam and Jack) are invaluable to the program, and better move them away from SGC to let the scandal cool down.

Daniel seems to be at the base from the beginning of the show, so I don't think he's retreated in Egypt.

And wouldn't they too be punished for knowing about Sam and Jack ? Even though they're civilians ?

I like the idea of budget cuts.

And it is said that Cameron is leading SG-1, so I doubt they would put Sam back at her return.

I'm afraid were gonna have to wait til July 15 to really know.
          Last edited by Historian; 31 May 2005, 09:08 AM.
          sigpic
          There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Two more pics of AT at the Leos

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              Eh, I'm not a big fan of the hair. It's much prettier at last year's awards and in any of the photo shoots. I'm amazed at her body. She looks amazing after giving birth two months ago. I'm still excited that she won, though!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                Eh, I'm not a big fan of the hair. It's much prettier at last year's awards and in any of the photo shoots. I'm amazed at her body. She looks amazing after giving birth two months ago. I'm still excited that she won, though!
                Aw I love her hair. I don't think it's a perm or body wave, though. I think it's just been curled for the evening, so it doesn't necessarily mean she will come back with curly hair in season 9. She does look amazing though for just having had a baby a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Thank you for the additional photos, AstroG! You and CG would make wonderful sleuths.

Comment

Aw I love her hair. I don't think it's a perm or body wave, though. I think it's just been curled for the evening, so it doesn't necessarily mean she will come back with curly hair in season 9. She does look amazing though for just having had a baby a few months ago.
                    I agree it was just for the evening's festivities, but I'm not a big fan of styles like that - I guess because I had a bad perm oh so many years ago and I've just turned sour on them. I just wonder how it's gonna look when Amanda's back. If there's one thing - Amanda certainly has had a lot of hairstyles over her Stargate career! I do love Amanda's dress - it has a vintage look to it, perhaps that's why she curled her hair like that. Either way, Amanda's still amazing.

And I forgot to thank those who posted the pics. So THANKS!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Here are the two Leo photos of Amanda receiving the award itself and then giving her thank-you speech ... which I'll have more to say about later!

Astro has been busy with puppy and I don't think she had time to save the two shots in this format ... so here we go!

Comment

I agree it was just for the evening's festivities, but I'm not a big fan of styles like that - I guess because I had a bad perm oh so many years ago and I've just turned sour on them.... I do love Amanda's dress - it has a vintage look to it... Either way, Amanda's still amazing.

I agree. Not the best hairstyle, but she can look good with just about any hair. I bet she gets bored with her Air Force hair. And I do love the dress.

Comment

... I do love Amanda's dress - it has a vintage look to it, perhaps that's why she curled her hair like that. Either way, Amanda's still amazing.

You're welcome ... see the larger photos in above post ...

I think you've named it ... Amanda looks like she stepped out of a movie magazine from the 1920s or 30s ... very classic look ... my mom used to wear her hair like that ... I believe it is a period style.

BTW, just read a loose translation of the German from the paragraph about AT at this same website and I'm LOL ... I don't think it's quite on the money ... something to the effect that Amanda was thanking the producers for nine wonderful years of Stargate roles but, get this, also thanking them for letting her "live like a Colonel in this world" ...

There seems to be something lacking in the translation ... any Daniel Jacksons among us? Uber ... can you read the original German and translate for us? I'm sure the person meant well but I don't believe English is her first language either.

And, as to Amanda "thanking" the producers ... I'll just stop right there ... she's one gracious and classy lady!

Comment

i am refraining from commenting on the hair, hey, it aint on my head!!!

but she looks fantastic!

and the award is so well deserved
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i am refraining from commenting on the hair, hey, it aint on my head!!!

but she looks fantastic!

and the award is so well deserved
                              does anyone here have video clips of her winning? obviously not for this year (because that hasn't aired yet) but of previous years?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thank you for the additional photos, AstroG! You and CG would make wonderful sleuths.
                                Yes, but then what would our Royal Security Guards be doing?!

Isn't it great to finally see some photos of Amanda? I hope this will be the start of a trend ... with promo shots appearing for the upcoming episodes now that she's been seen at a public event.

Comment

Working...
                                X