X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you give us a link?

Comment

Hi guys! Happy Monday/Memorial Day!

I really encourage those of you with the stomach/heart/mind desire to head over to that "Ben Browder Should Outrank Sam" thread. I don't suggest this only to get you mad as well (because I know it quite irked me and several others), but I think it's important for us all to be aware of what others think about the show and the characters.

At this point, the thread has gone around and around in circles, so it may not be necessary to respond to what others say. Still, it's quite interesting to see what's going through the heads of fellow fans. It may provide insight when we all enter into S9 together.

Or it could turn out into an all-out war.

One thing I think bink and I wanted to get across over there is that we're not trying to "lobby" that Sam get all of the attention and lead the show. Yes, there is a large group of people who prefer Sam over the others. However, these "camps," so to speak, have been around since the beginning of the online fandom. Besides, that's not the point.

The fact of the matter is, if they were to bring some other big, stoic alien bent on jaffa freedom or some brave, blue-eyed, moralist into the picture, a lot of us would be annoyed. This isn't about preserving the sanctity of Sam's character - that's the job of the Powers. This is about protecting what we believe to be the show's interests.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir. I just thought I'd reiterate what others had mentioned in regards to that particular thread.

I was also wondering if anyone had posted anything along the lines of "The Many Faces of Sam." I think she and Daniel have changed the most over the years, but Sam definitely takes the cake for the most changes in hairstyle. It pretty much has changed every season, and when you count the different AUs and RepliCarter, there's quite a bit out there! Does anyone have a variety of pictures from S1 to present day?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I was also wondering if anyone had posted anything along the lines of "The Many Faces of Sam." I think she and Daniel have changed the most over the years, but Sam definitely takes the cake for the most changes in hairstyle. It pretty much has changed every season, and when you count the different AUs and RepliCarter, there's quite a bit out there! Does anyone have a variety of pictures from S1 to present day?
        Something like this maybe?

Comment

Greetings all - well I know that many American's have been enjoying today off as a Federal Holiday. It has been a busy day for me due in part to the current shortage of bugle/trumpet players.Though my main instrument is saxophone I learned to play Taps on trumpet a few years ago to teach students how to play it properly. Well this weekend I have played for several Memorial services - the final one will be in about an hour at sunset.

Thought I would stop by here on my way to the cemetery for the final call - and pay a Stargate/Sam tribute to the fallen.

Twenty-Four Notes That Tap Deep Emotions

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Again, I have to say that Carterslave rocks. You totally led me to the right direction there!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              I really encourage those of you with the stomach/heart/mind desire to head over to that "Ben Browder Should Outrank Sam" thread. I don't suggest this only to get you mad as well (because I know it quite irked me and several others) ...

I was also wondering if anyone had posted anything along the lines of "The Many Faces of Sam." I think she and Daniel have changed the most over the years, but Sam definitely takes the cake for the most changes in hairstyle.
              First off, thanks for the props, Dancer. Any day I can make somebody else happy is a good day. As for Sam's hairstyles, Abydos Gate has a fine "random hair page" in the Carter section ("because folks just can't stop talking about these haircuts!"), plus similar ones for O'Neill & Fraiser. However, there's no equivalent Daniel page, which seems a glaring oversight. A 'Teal'c's hairstyles' page would be very short indeed.
              As for checking into other forums ... GW's glacially slow page loads(even in broadband) prevent me from keeping a watching brief on more than a handful of threads. Which may be a good thing: at least I'm spared the spilkes that comes with getting caught in a "thread war." Life is too short.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                First off, thanks for the props, Dancer. Any day I can make somebody else happy is a good day. As for Sam's hairstyles, Abydos Gate has a fine "random hair page" in the Carter section ("because folks just can't stop talking about these haircuts!"), plus similar ones for O'Neill & Fraiser. However, there's no equivalent Daniel page, which seems a glaring oversight. A 'Teal'c's hairstyles' page would be very short indeed.
                As for checking into other forums ... GW's glacially slow page loads(even in broadband) prevent me from keeping a watching brief on more than a handful of threads. Which may be a good thing: at least I'm spared the spilkes that comes with getting caught in a "thread war." Life is too short.
                Yeah... That's odd. No Daniel page? Weird? That guy's hair has only gotten better and better over time. The bit on his face is even growing on me.

Comment

Here’s a collage of a few of Sam’s off world journeys over the years. It doesn’t have Kat’s nice blending presentation. This is an “in your face” arrangement!

Here’s to S9 having more through the gate activities!

Click on the link below..

Off World Sam

Comment

I woke up this morning with a few questions in my head about the new season, and I think I came up with a few answers. Not sure they're right, but I thougt I would share them cause they're bugging me. Possible spoilers here, so beware.

What do we know of the new season ?

Jack's leaving SGC
                    Sam's off at Area 51
                    SG-1 dismembered
                    And when it is formed back, Sam's not its leader, it's Cameron Mitchell

Why ???

Seams like they are punished !

Why ?

And then, what do we know of season 8 ?

Jack and Sam rethinking their relationship with others, and with themselves

Jack's face (relook at it if you don't remember, cause there, I think, is the answer for all this mess) when he says, at the end of Moebius : "you've got packing to do", before the fishing trip

He's staring at her up and down. Quite suggestively actually. AND Sam's little smile, a bit shy, yet ...

Here's your answer folks.

PUNISHMENT !!!!

Now, I wonder why

I think you know the answer

See ya
                    sigpic
                    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Hi, gang;

Delurking for a bit to say that I have been following the thread... er... more or less... mostly less, I'm afraid Life, Work and the Great Backyard; you know how it is.

Anyways, in an effort to cheer your dispirited souls I'd just like to point something out:

Stargate took home three key awards at the 2005 Leo Awards this weekend, led by SG-1 co-star Amanda Tapping. Tapping was awarded Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for her work in the Season Eight episode "Threads."

Okay, old news, I know, BUT, if you go have a look at the promo pics for THREADS at Gateworld, how many pics of Sam will you find there?

Go ahead, take a look. I'll wait.

Eh? Ya see?

Just shows to go you, you can't count on the tidbits the PTB dole out for the whole story. Maybe season nine will be chock-full of incredible, award winning drama featuring SG-1's leading lady.

Okay, bye. It's back to the grindstone for me. <sigh>
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

good point gracie.

and you know what, it's also a fantistic thing for amanda. Let's say she chooses to cut back or take time off....having those awards WILL Make her life easier when/if she chooses to get back into the swing of things. (and NO, i dont know something. i'm just speculating here. You know, as much as we dislike the idea of less sam, we may need to resign ourselves that maybe it's amanda's choice. maybe she, like rda, is putting family first and wants to work less. and if that's the case, then i support her from here to next sunday.)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here we are - a photo of Amanda at the 2005 Leo Awards Ceremony!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/ATLeo05.jpg

She looks lovely and has a new hairstyle for 2005! Motherhood becomes her.

And here are two photos of AT from last year's Leo Award event ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/ATLeo041.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/ATLeo042.jpg

PS LOL at the fact that her evening gown is the color brown! Remember the color scheme of Sam's wardrobe for Moebius episodes?!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 31 May 2005, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            Here’s a collage of a few of Sam’s off world journeys over the years. It doesn’t have Kat’s nice blending presentation. This is an “in your face” arrangement!

Here’s to S9 having more through the gate activities!

Click on the link below..

Off World Sam
                            Woohoo ... great job!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Here we are - a photo of Amanda at the 2005 Leo Awards Ceremony!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/ATLeo05.jpg

She looks lovely and has a new look for 2005! Motherhood becomes her.

Oooo, she's definately looking great
                              New Hairstyle too... maybe Sam's been around Cassie too much lately

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                Hi, gang;

Delurking for a bit to say that I have been following the thread... er... more or less... mostly less, I'm afraid Life, Work and the Great Backyard; you know how it is.

Anyways, in an effort to cheer your dispirited souls I'd just like to point something out:

Stargate took home three key awards at the 2005 Leo Awards this weekend, led by SG-1 co-star Amanda Tapping. Tapping was awarded Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for her work in the Season Eight episode "Threads."

Okay, old news, I know, BUT, if you go have a look at the promo pics for THREADS at Gateworld, how many pics of Sam will you find there?

Go ahead, take a look. I'll wait.

Eh? Ya see?

Just shows to go you, you can't count on the tidbits the PTB dole out for the whole story. Maybe season nine will be chock-full of incredible, award winning drama featuring SG-1's leading lady.

Okay, bye. It's back to the grindstone for me. <sigh>
                                Hi TH!

Yep ... the gal is the franchise's hidden treasure also ... it's a shame they don't seem to see that.

Take a look at # 8399 above for the beautiful photos of Amanda on the nights she received her Leos for Threads and Grace.

Keep unlurking - it's always good to see you onboard!

Comment

Working...
                                X