No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, thanks everyone for such a hearty welcome.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I have no problem with Sam continuing in her science role...she wears it well...but I really enjoy the idea of seeing Sam continue to grow as a leader...and I'm personally offended by comments that insist that a some newbie to the SGC should somehow be left to lead the flagship team and the most logical person (Sam) should be somehow punished, demoted (which is what it would essentially be) and dropped to 2IC.
    That thread depressed me the first time I read it. I really, really hope Sam commands SG-1 when she returns. Granted, I've only seen a few scattered eps from S8 but she seemed quite competant and in control. Spirits is one of my favorite eps ever simply on the strength of seeing Sam in command.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    We're just a tad nervous because not much has been said about Sam in season 9. Thus far most of the spoilers have been involving Mr. Mitchell, Daniel and Teal'c. This is our way of venting our frustration, but it will all go back to the happy land of Samanda once something concrete is said or we see a promo shot of Amanda or even just a picture of Amanda period.
    I'm definitely in that camp. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about spoilers... but I am rapidly losing all semblance of faith in TPTB. The nonexistant information has gotten a little better of late, but it remains >insert your favorite negative adjective here<. Still, I look at the spoiler pics and I think, "well, it could be worse." Heh, I almost envy the spoiler free people.

:rant off:

Since my S9 tolerance is in full blown cynic mode and I seem to be repeating a lot of things that have already been said, I'll end on a lighthearted note, tossing out a topic that I've been mulling over for a while...

What music does Sam listen to?

Appologies if this has been discussed before.

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow if time permits.
    Alice in Chains, Metallica, Jerry Cantrell.
    Pure metal.
    Go Red Sox and Patriots!
    My favorite CD ATM: Master of Puppets, by Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by The Warrior

What music does Sam listen to?
      Hehe, thats a good question...

In my view, Sam doesn't seem to 'get out' much. So I wouldn't think that she'd be up to date on all the latest music. So I'd say alot of her music influence came from her childhood, when she listened to whatever Mum or Dad were playing. Tunes from the 60, 70's perhaps? lol, I get the image of Teen!Sam nodding away to Jefferson Airplane in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Hehe, thats a good question...

In my view, Sam doesn't seem to 'get out' much. So I wouldn't think that she'd be up to date on all the latest music. So I'd say alot of her music influence came from her childhood, when she listened to whatever Mum or Dad were playing. Tunes from the 60, 70's perhaps? lol, I get the image of Teen!Sam nodding away to Jefferson Airplane in my head...
        What?? You mean Sam didn't go gaga over Duran Duran?? ROFL

Comment

Uh yeah.. these are two of my favs

Umm... sooo have we seen this one?

Love the collage... any chance you could post the photos of Amanda that are on the left and right hand side of this collage? They are both beautiful!!

Thanks
          Kat
          sigpic

Comment

What?? You mean Sam didn't go gaga over Duran Duran?? ROFL
            LOL!

Originally posted by Myrth
            Wow certinanly sums it up. I had no idea Amanda had so many of these revealing photos of her done...
            Not complaining!

Comment

You may not complain about these either then....

sigpic

Comment

Definately not!!
                *stares at picture*

Comment

Wow! It has taken me two hours to catch up on all the happenings here in the Kingdom of Samanda! First, I'd like to say:

Congratulations, Amanda, on your third Leo Award!

I hope someone will find some photos and/or video and post it for us (or direct us to it)!

Also,

Welcome, The Warrior!

Finally, it would be impossible to weigh in on all that has transpired here in the past three days or so. But I found a couple of posts really poignant:

Originally posted by ForeverSG1:
                  understand that it gets boring to always have a happy ending, but ya know some of us already have enough drama and tragedy in our lives to go a lifetime without wanting to see more of it. I've seen a lot of friends and family members die, it's not a pretty sight. I don't necessarily enjoy being reminded of it while watching television. One of the reasons I enjoy fantasy and science fiction is because it is so far from reality in most cases.

Stargate may be more realistic than most because it takes place on Earth and the main characters are humans working for the USAF, but that's pretty much where reality ends. How many times have the main characters died and been revived? How many times has Earth came close to a cataclysmic end, to be saved just in the nick of time. Carter's body has been taken over two different times, Daniel has ascended two separate times, Jack has an Ancient gene that allows him to use alien techology. These are not things that we normally see in real life, and this is exactly why I like the show. If I wanted reality, I'd watch CSI or House. Those shows deal with things that happen every day.

I don't mind seeing violence if there is a true need for it to explain a story, just as I don't mind see someone die if the death has meaning or adds depth to the storyline; however to use it simple to add a shock value is simply wrong in my opinion.

Kat
                  You're absolutely right! When you come to care about people (and characters you've watched for years seem very real), the last thing you want is to see them mistreated!

And as to all the hype coming out of Vancouver, I agree wholeheartedly with ForeverSG1. And I was really underwhelmed with the "preview of S9" we got last Monday night! Heck, I'm still confused that they told us Sam was going to be "far, far away" when S9 opened; then recently told us she had been at Area 51, just one state away from Cheyenne Mountain!

I mean come on, how hard is it for someone to say something like...

"The franchise has had eight wonderful years with RDA, and we're hoping with MS, CJ and AT coming back and this new, talented group of people coming in that the franchise will continue on for another eight seasons. Everyone involved with the show is really looking forward to coming back and making this the best season ever. "

and

"The new team's chemistry is just great, and it's only going to get better when Amanda comes back."

I mean come on guys, give us a bone here!!! Hearing these types of comments would have had me elated about the upcoming season, but instead I'm petrified as to what to expect when the first episode airs. I'm sure Farscape was a great show. Obviously it had it's own share of fans, but I'm not one of them. Instead of spending all of their time trying to lure in those new fans, why don't they try to make some of us established ones a little more at ease with all the new changes. I really think they need to get someone better in their public relations departmetn because whomever they are they don't seem to be doing a very good job. Kat
                  And Uber, you certainly didn't say anything you shouldn't have! You were very polite. There's nothing impolite about asking a direct question! You did it very nicely.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Read the question I posted...I'm already ducking because I KNOW someone is going to go after me for "ranting" at Joe...
                  And now, the birds are chirping outside, and the sun is going to be up over Middle Tennessee in about 15 minutes! Gotta go to bed before the sun gets in my eyes! Happy Memorial Day to all the Americans, and Happy Monday to everyone else!

Comment

Ouch! Except for the very first, I'll take the white polo and the jeans any day! Obviously, these were taken some years ago, earlier in her career. It's good that she finally found the pro who shot the Femme Fatale layout. I don't think these really did her justice. The outfits look like something out of the 60s or 70s. The last one reminds me of the costumes in the 1969 episode.
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 30 May 2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Wow Skydiver, I just read your fic 'From Perdition's Flame' and omg - that was one awesome read! Anyone who hasn't read it yet, do it now!
                      /me wonders if there'll be a sequal

thanks Dark

I doubt there'll be a sequel, i have some different ideas perculating. My problem? all i can ever come up with anymore are long ideas that take a couple of months to write, it gets frustrating
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm not sure, looking at her hair, i'd guess that those pics were taken around s8 or so

yes, they're not how we're used to seeing sam/amanda, but maybe she likes pics that take her out of that role and ones that also accentuate just how pretty she is

sigpic

Comment

there are times when the spoilers are massively depressing. it's like they and the various people giving interviews are, in thier ferver to pimp and promote s9, are doing thier best to forget that 'that blond chick' even has a part in the show, exists or that anyone even gives a fig aobut her.

from the various interviews i've read, the boys will tout ben and claudia and beau without promopting. they'll go on and on and on about how great it is and how funny it'll be and how fantastic it'll be, how they're the happiest they've ever been and how much fun they're having....and they have to be prompted and pushed and prodded to even mention 'that blond chick'.

it probably isn't meant that way but it comes off as rather disprespectful to amanda and like folks at bridge really dont' care about thier cast mate but consider pimping a upcoming season and promoting thier new cast members to be far more important

For me, the more spin job i read, the easier i can see through it and the more cynical i become. It's like the harder they push the easier it is to see that thier smiles are false and that they're putting forth such a front

sigpic

Comment

Sam's music

well, i'm not much of an audiophile - i mean i think i own a dozen cd's, maybe 2 dozen and they're all sound tracks

I see her listening to the oldies. rock of the 50, 60, 70, 80's

something she knows all the words to and is familiar with but not anything too jarring. she might like the hard type rock when she's on her bike or something

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for these photos Myrth. Love, love, LOVE the top two!!!
                              You are truly a saint!!!

Kat
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 30 May 2005, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i forgot to tell you guys that i had a dream last week that amanda won an academy award. in the dream, though, i missed that part of the ceremony, and was looking for a way of seeing her accept the award. that's all i can remember, but at least she won!

sally

Hahaha, last night I dreamt that Olivia was all of a sudden 4 years old, and an actress, and she came to GateCon... Amanda brought her on stage, but only for a little bit (for obvious reasons) but then in the dream I was actually seeing into the future, and ended up not being able to go...

Originally posted by Carterslave
                                I can't imagine she meets any resistance whatsoever. And she looks exactly the way Carter is portrayed in certain fan fiction stories. You know, the ones where "the blonde growled" as she put the moves on a certain medical professional. (And I don't mean Dr. Warner.) In addition to being portrayed in rather feral terms, Carter tends to have a good deal more spine in those fictions than in most of the Gen & S/J stories I've read (and I've read more than I care to admit). Maybe I'm just not finding the good ones.
                                Sam... no spine... in S/J STORIES!?!? My dear friend I'm afraid you HAVE found the wrong ones...

try some NC-17's.... there's definately a few "spine-ful" Sam's in those!

Myrth...

WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE THINGS?!!?!?

I've seen maybe two of those pics only...

aaaaaaaaaaah *dethroned*

(On the other hand And here I was all these years thinking Amanda's my dear sweet goody goody....!)
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X