Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caption Anyone?

Comment

Popping in to give a quick posting as to how I decided to get my hair cut. I've always been a fan of Sam's short hair and I decided to try and get it like this:

I'm so excited that Amanda won! Congratulations to her.

ForeverSG1, thanks for that article. And I whoeheartedly agree. No more tradgey for Sam. Let's get her back to the butt-kicking commander of SG-1!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        in the ask joe thread, it needs to be questions only. don't answer someone else's question (unless you do it in PM), don't respond to anyone's question, just ask joe a question

i'm willilng to bet that's what david meant when he deleted it.

we have a near daily battle keeping it questions only in there
        I appreciate that and it bothers me when I see others respond to questions posted for Joe and it bothered me when someone else felt they could answer my question for Joe. In his post, David makes reference to people having the last word and since I responded to the person who answered my question I took his snipe to be directed at me which is why I sent him an e-mail advising him that I did not appreciate his reply and suggesting he would have been better off saying that there should be no answering of questions posted to Joe and no discussion at all, instead of taking a swipe at me (or the other guy), however, in context before he deleted the posts, it certainly seemed like he was saying to me - you should have ignored the poster that answered the question out of turn.

David, as a Moderator should stay away from sniping. I appreciate that you too are a Moderator and that it can be frustrating and aggrevating dealing with so many different personalities and with people who refuse to listen or follow forum rules but there was no need for David to snipe, he should simply have instructed that there be no answers to any posts by anyone other than Joe, or better yet he should have said the same exact thing that you say above so there is absolutely no doubt that he is not sniping at anyone. I especially took umbrage at David's post because I for one try very hard not to overstep any forum rules and I always try to be respectful and honest so his post just did not cut it with me.

Comment

I can suggest to talk to him about it. or talk to darren, i would rather not get in the middle if that's ok with you. David sorta out ranks me, so....

anyway, if no one has responded yet, that's probably because they're busy. I know that some are off doing the family thing adn the such and haven't been online
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            I can suggest to talk to him about it. or talk to darren, i would rather not get in the middle if that's ok with you. David sorta out ranks me, so....

No, no, not at all - I was not suggesting that you get involved I was just explaining why I took umbrage at David's post. But thank you.

Comment

You know, I was thumbing through another thread that discussed why the people who started that thread wanted Mitchell to outrank Carter and thereby shove Sam into 2IC again.

As you can imagine, that really irked me.

The funny thing is, a couple of years ago, I would have agreed with some of the assertions made. She didn't strike me much as a CO type...didn't display many leadership qualities, more the scientist type than a CO...

But over the last few years, she's changed and grown and developed more as a leader. I just saw Fallout again last night and was struck once again how easily she slipped into the role of team leader.

And then with Season 8, when they were able to go offworld (ie., when the budget permitted it), we got to see Sam in command and saw a very capable leader...and as youl know my favorite example of this is It's Good to Be King but even in episodes like Zero Hour, Icon, we still saw these leadeship qualities begin to bloom more.

Now I get things have changed. SG-1 for all intents and purposes has disbanded. Teal'c's doing his Jaffa thing and Sam's wherever Sam is...but when she returns to the SGC, she should resume her role as SG-1's team leader.

I have no problem with Sam continuing in her science role...she wears it well...but I really enjoy the idea of seeing Sam continue to grow as a leader...and I'm personally offended by comments that insist that a some newbie to the SGC should somehow be left to lead the flagship team and the most logical person (Sam) should be somehow punished, demoted (which is what it would essentially be) and dropped to 2IC.

So now they can afford to have more offworld missions. Great. I'm thrilled. But don't make that joyous news bittersweet by permanently removing Sam from her role as SG-1 team leader.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

(snipped)

If there's no shippy stuff to blame on Sam, and no love interest to blame on Sam, and no "Mary Sue" tendencies to blame on Sam, and no RepliCarter-esque mistakes to blame on Sam, then surely her character should be well-received this upcoming season, right? Right?
                you're joking, right? to some, sam's the anti-show.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  No, no, not at all - I was not suggesting that you get involved I was just explaining why I took umbrage at David's post. But thank you.
                  oh i know, and i do understand why. you know, david may not realize how his words were taken, so speaking to him aobut it could help him see a differing perspective

sigpic

Comment

AMANDA WON THE LEO AWARD!!!!

sally

ps - i want to see pictures!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                      Good news Samandans, Amanda has won the Leo award! just seen the news on yahoo AT club.
                      Also she was there in person to recieve the award, great news

PICTURES!!

*clears throat*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

First time poster here with a quick question:

I hope I can ask this without causing too much of an uproar, but I just recently got into this fandom after being away for three years. I originally became interested in it back around season five, but quickly left because of all the fan commotion that was going on at the time. Now, from what I remember, a bunch of fans were saying that the TPTB favored Sam over all other characters, and that if you wanted proof, all you had to do was see the amount of Sam-centered eps, Sam plots, Sam-related supporting characters, and the amount of times Sam saved the day. Now I've come back (I'll be honest. Atlantis drew me in, particularly Joe Flanigan, and since SG1 comes on the same night, I decided to give it another try.) and after checking out the JM thread, I'm seeing the reverse of a few years ago with people worrying about Sam's viability as a character. I'm wondering, "What changed?" and if maybe I should just stick with Atlantis fandom, because this one is about to become a powder keg again?

Wanting to get a feel before I stick an important appendage in too deeply,

Penguin

"Just smile and wave, boys....Just smile and wave."
                        "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Who knows? The Leos today and the Academy Awards in the future (?!) ... especially if Amanda gets some practice walking down a red carpet!
                          i forgot to tell you guys that i had a dream last week that amanda won an academy award. in the dream, though, i missed that part of the ceremony, and was looking for a way of seeing her accept the award. that's all i can remember, but at least she won!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

hi penguin

as with anything, it's all in a person's perception. Some saw too much Sam in previous seasons, some didn't.

in the case of s9 and sam, well we know she's missing some episodes due to maternity leave. and, given that they've got the first 10 eps written, and that sam is going to be in about half of those, there are very few spoilers or tidbits of info out there

folks are curious

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              Completely agree. And I think winning a Saturn is also fabulous because the Saturn seems to be much broader---she was competing with a number of good actors from some well-known shows for that one, and she won!

amanda's having a great year! wins two awards, and has an even greater gift given to her on march 22nd.

((((amanda))))

i'm *soooo* happy for her!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

she is having such a great year

and all so well deserved too

sigpic

Comment

Working...