Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Is it really blonde or has it faded? Look at the ends, how dark it is... Maybe she is gradually lightening it, and the new hair that hasn't been dyed so many times is stripping faster...

Oooh, another hair conversation, goody!

*waits for certain males who have never dyed a strand of hair in their lives to pipe in with their opinions*
    I think it's a different color. It looks several shades lighter to me, but not light enough to be confused with Sam's blonde shade.

Could it be an in-between color for her months off? Something that wouldn't be so harsh on her hair, but wouldn't confuse Olivia?

Or will Helen go lighter in S2?

Hmmm...fun to speculate. She looks great in everything/color...and I think this is really flattering on her.

Thanks for posting the pic, Melora!

Comment

She's like my cousin- every hair colour ever works on her. She could go neon purple and she'd still look stunning.

Going by that pic, I think she's just letting it grow out. Maybe it's naturally less blond since she had Olivia?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        She's like my cousin- every hair colour ever works on her. She could go neon purple and she'd still look stunning.

Going by that pic, I think she's just letting it grow out. Maybe it's naturally less blond since she had Olivia?
        yeah, what's with that amanda and looking great no matter what?

i think she's stopped dying it dark and it's slowly going her natural shade. i hope she has it blond (not wig) for the 3rd sg1 movie.

so anyways, on another note: why does amanda rock? i've been keeping a list and so far it's at 1001. wait, just added another. that amanda.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Is it really blonde or has it faded? Look at the ends, how dark it is... Maybe she is gradually lightening it, and the new hair that hasn't been dyed so many times is stripping faster...

Oooh, another hair conversation, goody!

*waits for certain males who have never dyed a strand of hair in their lives to pipe in with their opinions*

She will probably just dye it again right before they start filming the 2nd season. I think it doesn't look like it has grown out (hair doesn't grow that quick), just faded. Thanks for the pic Melora, always nice to see a recent Amanda pic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
            Apparently, Amanda was on Breakfast TV on City TV in Vancouver this morning. She talked about Sanctuary and the Women in Film Award that she is going to be receiving in March.

Thanks for the info, Melora.

I just now found the Breakfast TV Twitter site:

http://twitter.com/BT_

And they did announce Amanda's appearance back on Feb. 6th:

Sci-Fi queen and Stargate star Amanda Tapping joins us in studio. What does Amanda have in common with Dawn? Find out Monday on BT!

8:46 AM Feb 6th from web

I'll have to keep an eye on that site in the future!

Some of the Breakfast TV sites have video clips (at least Toronto does), I'm still looking for Vancouver's.

OH - I searched Twitter for Amanda Tapping and found this:

Michael Eckford hosts Urban Rush on Shaw TV and Amanda was a guest there on Jan. 29th...

His Twitter site:

http://twitter.com/michaeleckford?page=5

@DabblerDOTca nope, she's suuuuper angry now!! Amanda is incredible...just a very happy, very talented person. It'll be great to see her. 11:40 AM Jan 29th from web in reply to DabblerDOTca

Just settling in to the day. Amanda Tapping (Stargate, Sanctuary etc.) and Rob Feenie are on the show today. 11:01 AM Jan 29th from web
            Last edited by morjana; 09 February 2009, 11:09 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

what does amanda have in common with dawn??
              i don't know, but i bet it would be fun to find out!!
              hoo-aaah

Comment

Some more off topic news about my Granddad...

Spoiler:
                I have really awkward shifts at work this week, so I haven't been around while Granddad has been awake. I hugged him good morning this morning as I ran out the door and got back half an hour after he headed to bed. Anyway... the point is that although I haven't seen him, mum says he is doing brilliantly- eating every meal placed in front of him, back to his brilliant, alert self. Telling amazing stories, just granddad again.

Thank you for all the support guys, it means a lot.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I have really awkward shifts at work this week, so I haven't been around while Granddad has been awake. I hugged him good morning this morning as I ran out the door and got back half an hour after he headed to bed. Anyway... the point is that although I haven't seen him, mum says he is doing brilliantly- eating every meal placed in front of him, back to his brilliant, alert self. Telling amazing stories, just granddad again.

Spoiler:

Best wishes to your granddad, and to all of your family.

It's very disorienting being in the hospital. Being home should be of great comfort to your grandfather. And to you! Take care.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    ooh, how about, also, anyone got any valentine's fic?

gen or ship or anything?

let's celebrate the holiday by sharing some fun holiday goodness
                    Unfortunately, the only relevant one I know of off-the-top of my head is my own: What Counts. Which is actually an Atlantis fic. And, you know.. I'm a penguin... (not an apology, merely a warning )

Comment

My apologies for not coming in sooner. Between work, family and having a mild breakdown tonight, it's just been kind of a long day. Bugger that...this whole year thus far has been long...not always bad though...don't get me wrong. I'm really looking forward to AT4 if only to have an absolute ball! Anyhoo, my latest update is here. Again, I do apologise for not staying on topic for this thread. Good thing...AD checked in today. I am somewhat relieved to know he is ok.
                      Bushfire update
                      I would just like to say thank you again for some of the messages and the green. Please save your green. Give it to someone who needs it more...like anyone but me! - seriously...as much as I appreciate it, I kinda feel weird about it too. I'm just happy to keep everyone in the loop.
                      Oh...hey...thank you Melora for that update on Amanda and that beautiful picture. I personally think her blond is coming through. But she still looks awesome as ever!!
                      Night all. Take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:

Awesome news Neep. That's great! Big hugs to you and your grand dad!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi Melora, great pic! Thanks for finding and posting it.

Seriously OT regarding the Vancouver Olympics 2010, if you are a Vancouver resident, please read:

Spoiler:
                          This past weekend my team qualified for the Winter Olympics in the motherland of hockey. Unfortunately, I missed the Worlds in Halifax last year because of AT3.
                          I have been thinking about going to Vancouver for the Olympics but have pretty much put off any serious planning until after last weekend's tournament.
                          Anyway, I am now looking for a room in Vancouver. If you know anyone who has vacancies left, let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            A -- Amazing
                            B -- Bold
                            C -- Caring
                            D -- Dimpled
                            E -- Effervescent
                            F -- Fun-loving
                            G -- Giggle
                            H -- Humble
                            I -- Inspiring
                            J -- Jovial
                            K -- Kind
                            L -- Loyal
                            M-- Magnificent
                            N-- Nice
                            O-- Outstanding
                            P -- Purdy
                            Q -- Quirky
                            R -- Respected
                            S -- Smart
                            T-- Tantalizing
                            U -- Unforgettable
                            V -- Vivacious
                            W-- Wonderful
                            X -- Xenobiologist
                            Y-- Yummy says her many admirers
                            Z -- Zesty

Let's not stop there

One .... Amazing woman!
                            Last edited by hisg1fans; 10 February 2009, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                              I think it's a different color. It looks several shades lighter to me, but not light enough to be confused with Sam's blonde shade.

Could it be an in-between color for her months off? Something that wouldn't be so harsh on her hair, but wouldn't confuse Olivia?

Or will Helen go lighter in S2?

Hmmm...fun to speculate. She looks great in everything/color...and I think this is really flattering on her.

Thanks for posting the pic, Melora!
                              I think it may just be getting lighter naturally. All dyed hair eventually fades with repeated washings and the ends are always the last to go. I was wondering if possibly the lighting might also have played a part here as well. Sometimes if it's glaring, it can wash any hair color right out.

Love the pic either way though. Amanda is beautiful as always.

Comment

i think, as to amanda's hair, she's just letting it fade or dying it lighter (she'd have to go in every 6-8 weeks to keep the roots under control) adn will likely go darker once taping begins

I once interviewed Jamie Bamber and he talked about how, during the off taping season, he could let his hair go blonder, i think, and gain a few pounds, then as taping time began, he'd have to get his hair done and diet a bit

amanda's likely the same way. remember how often she'd get extensions put in for the few months they didn't tape then get her hair cut to go back? this is likely the same

then again, it's just as likely she's experimenting with her hair color, trying to find one that's less maintenance but still dark
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X