X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist

... Sam looks classy...and older... kinda like my mom

As for AT with long hair, ... I did ... like her long hair in this shot

She just looks stunning! I think Sky said that AT did this with hair extensions.
    Your mom looks like an older version of AT?! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ... aha! So, Astro ... let's get that photo of you to Royal Photographer ... something tells me you're gonna look like Sam's twin!

And I like the long hair on AT in the Beyond the Gate clip in S7 DVDs when she's being outdoorsy/nature girl and walking through the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Well congratulations and yippee too
      Two Samandans have celebratin' to do

Forever Sg1 is gonna make cozy
      It's her wedding anniversary weekend
      And life is rosy!

Astrog, what will it take?
      # 1600 is onboard
      We must have cake!

*Great* cake, CG! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Just for you guys, and just because it's a holiday weekend.

i'm not going to post any of these fic on lists for a bit, but i've put up my zine fic from last year

http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver119/newstories.htm

now if the site's wiggy, i'm afraid you just have to wait for the bandwidth to go back. i'm gonna be finding somewhere to house my fic pretty soon cause i've pretty much killed my 15 meg i get from geocities

anyway,
        To Sleep, a jack pov
        Natus - part 3 of the phoenix trilogy and i would recommend reading the other two first. this is so massively au that you'll probably be lost...i know i was writing it
        Sacrifice and Betrayal - What if Into the fire had ended a bit differently and Hathor took a new host...Jack
        Duty and Honor - will sam pay the price for jacob's devotion to duty
        Tentative Gestures - a peek into my version of jonas' past
        Thanks for the fics, Sky!

Comment

that's what was so frustrating about new order part 2

amanda had these lovely hair extensions in. absolutely beautiful and natural looking

and then, to be sam, she got her hair cut and they put a HORRIBLE wig on her

why, o why couldn't they have taped her dream parts first and let her keep her extensions?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have found it interesting that the Stargate folks haven't broached the subject of 'The Prime Directive'... perhaps because they want to maintain their difference from Star Trek? Whatever the reason, I have found it a refreshing change (which is not to say that I agree with the 'mess around with other cultures as you will policy')... and it's been lots of fun to not have Prime Directive straightjacket. If we lived in a world where we were meeting cultures from other planets, then I'd have to agree that we'd need something along the lines of a PD. But for Stargate... a scifi TV show...? It has been fun to not have to worry about it.

I do find it interesting that they haven't given Daniel more dialogue where he argues against their interaction, however. You'd think that Daniel's character would be vehemently for a non-interference policy and approach to their explorations.

Without the PD (or non-interference policy), I think that they have ended up coming across as more equal to the other cultures that they meet... The Prime Directive just screams elitism... and the Tollan did that *so* well. Hmmm... there's an example of Stargate dealing with the Non-interference topic... The Asgard, as well, seem to have their non-interference policy (in their own way)... as do the Ascended (extremists)... So in Stargate, it's the Tauri who don't have a formal non-interference policy... am I right here?
            I think Jack pretty much gave his opinions regarding the prime directive in Icon.

JACK: How did it go with the, uh ...?
            DANIEL: Caledonians? Not so well, actually. My time with the representatives was severely limited by Rand security forces. Apparently Gareth had national security concerns – mainly that we’d tell the Caledonians too much about the Stargate.
            JACK:: Let me venture a wild guess: they don’t get along so good.
            DANIEL (indicating a map of the alien world on the screen): The Rand Protectorate and the Caledonian Federation have been locked in a state of cold war for decades. Each nation has enough weapons to wipe each other off the face of the planet.
            SAM: Sounds depressingly familiar.
            DANIEL: There’s actually a third element which has me a little more concerned – a group of religious fundamentalists led by a man named Soren. Now, these people think that all life on the planet was created by ancient gods and that these gods will some day return and reward them for their faith.
            SAM: And by coming through the Stargate, we confirmed their beliefs.
            DANIEL: Because the Gate was activated in a public place, the Rand government has been unable to prevent the rumours from spreading. Now, before we made contact with them, these people were considered zealots who took the ancient texts too literally. The Gate being activated has given them all they need to prove that they were right all along. Their numbers will grow.
            JACK: That’s terrible!...and yet – not our problem.

So in Jack's opinion it's just a risk the SGC takes in exploring new worlds...but Daniel does push to get his point across (as he does on many occassions)

LATER.

Jack is walking along a corridor. Daniel hurries to catch him up.
            DANIEL: Jack, you have to let me go back.
            JACK: If what you say is true, things are gonna get a little out of hand over there.
            DANIEL: Yes, because of us. If we hadn’t chosen to pay them a little visit ...
            JACK: ... they’d be far better off, I know. Daniel, we’re always sticking our collective noses where they don’t belong. It’s what we do.
            DANIEL: I could help them understand what they’re facing – make them see it’s not the end of the world. If we leave now, who knows what could happen? We have to help them. You know that.
            JACK (thinking about it for a moment): Regular contact, no exceptions. The second things start getting a little squirly ...
            DANIEL: Thank you. (He turns and walks away. Jack calls out to him.)
            JACK: Daniel! (Daniel turns around again. Jack holds up a finger.) Squirly.
            DANIEL (nodding in agreement): Squirly

The SGC's prime directive is to obtain technologies that will help in the fight against the gou'ald regardless of how this will affect other civilians. We've seen this on many occassions. 'Other Side' is a prime example. How many civilizations have SG1 come across that could have used our technology, but if they didn't have anything to offer us (naquadah, ect) then we were ready to move on.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 May 2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Your mom looks like an older version of AT?! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ... aha! So, Astro ... let's get that photo of you to Royal Photographer ... something tells me you're gonna look like Sam's twin!

And I like the long hair on AT in the Beyond the Gate clip in S7 DVDs when she's being outdoorsy/nature girl and walking through the woods.
              I'd like to third that response!! I think AT looks great in that picture. Her weave was gorgeous. I was actually shocked to see her with long hair like that because it looked so nature and pretty(opposed to the bad wigs she's had to wear on Stargate). I remember questioning when she had time to grow out her hair out between seasons. Silly me.

Comment

I need help... I feel like watching a couple of episodes of Stargate tonight but I can't decide on one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I need help... I feel like watching a couple of episodes of Stargate tonight but I can't decide on one.

You're going to have to give us more than this...are you in a mood to be sad, romantic, thrilled, angry...?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I have found it interesting that the Stargate folks haven't broached the subject of 'The Prime Directive'... perhaps because they want to maintain their difference from Star Trek? Whatever the reason, I have found it a refreshing change (which is not to say that I agree with the 'mess around with other cultures as you will policy')... and it's been lots of fun to not have Prime Directive straightjacket. If we lived in a world where we were meeting cultures from other planets, then I'd have to agree that we'd need something along the lines of a PD. But for Stargate... a scifi TV show...? It has been fun to not have to worry about it.

I do find it interesting that they haven't given Daniel more dialogue where he argues against their interaction, however. You'd think that Daniel's character would be vehemently for a non-interference policy and approach to their explorations.

Without the PD (or non-interference policy), I think that they have ended up coming across as more equal to the other cultures that they meet... The Prime Directive just screams elitism... and the Tollan did that *so* well. Hmmm... there's an example of Stargate dealing with the Non-interference topic... The Asgard, as well, seem to have their non-interference policy (in their own way)... as do the Ascended (extremists)... So in Stargate, it's the Tauri who don't have a formal non-interference policy... am I right here?
                    I've mentioned before that the first episode of SG1 that I saw was One False Step (the one with the goofy bald white guys.) Having been a long time Star Trek viewer, that was the first thing that struck me about SG1 in comparison. I was surprised to see this team from earth coming onto another planet and apparently infecting an entire population. It was so different from the Prime Directive approach on Star Trek. It was refreshing in a way, but also very scary to think that they were basically just barging in and not concerned with any consequences to the native population, until it became absolutely necessary to deal with them.

NC

Comment

Or ... you can do what I just did for the past hour ... read one of Sky's new fics - check out Astro's post 8195 above for the links.

Thanks, Sky! I loved Duty and Honor or Honor and Duty - whatever! Favorite line: "Where did she shop, sluts are us?"

Where do you ever find the time to write these epics?! (Bows in awe)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Okay. I'm getting confused with my Lowdowns. Does that screen capture come from the one where AT hosts and jokes at the beginning about "Shouldn't we have gotten a cake or something?" or is this from the one hosted by David Hewlett...

I know it's the same one where she's reading questions from fans and sees one thread that says something to the extent of "Sam and Jack forever...Die Pete Die" and she said "Wow..." BUT I'M GETTING CONFUSED!!!

Plus wasn't there a lowdown for Season 6 where she's talking about how great it is to have Corin Nemec on????

Please help this confused Samandan out...!
                        The one that that screenie is from (Amanda holding up the page) is the one called 'Behind the Stargate: Secrets Revealed'. I believe it was shown in the US shortly before season 8 went to air? It starts off with David Hewlett solving the mystery of the starfield (A giant Elvis painting, blown up from the groin area ).
                        Oh lol, and it also has Pierre Benard asking RDA if he would 'Ever consider making a life size replication of himself, that's anatomically correct' with RDA getting a strange look on his face, then thats immeaditaly followed by a clip of Sam and Daniel both saying 'I'll do it!'

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          Just for you guys, and just because it's a holiday weekend.

i'm not going to post any of these fic on lists for a bit, but i've put up my zine fic from last year

http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver119/newstories.htm

now if the site's wiggy, i'm afraid you just have to wait for the bandwidth to go back. i'm gonna be finding somewhere to house my fic pretty soon cause i've pretty much killed my 15 meg i get from geocities

anyway,
                          To Sleep, a jack pov
                          Natus - part 3 of the phoenix trilogy and i would recommend reading the other two first. this is so massively au that you'll probably be lost...i know i was writing it
                          Sacrifice and Betrayal - What if Into the fire had ended a bit differently and Hathor took a new host...Jack
                          Duty and Honor - will sam pay the price for jacob's devotion to duty
                          Tentative Gestures - a peek into my version of jonas' past
                          Yay, wtg Skydiver Always love reading your fic

Comment

As you were posting about the Behind the Gate special, I was working on this. (click on the red type to hear the quote)

First, what all of us are doing for the next couple of months.

and

Next for all you shippers

Jack and Sam only

What's behind the gate?

Finally, what we all know and hope that TPTB appreciate

Carter is hot!

NC

Comment

This Behind the Stargate special was on in January of this year, just before the start of the second half of season 8 started.

NC

Comment

OT: Tomorrow is my anniversary and my husband just came home with Photoshop CS as my gift. So if anyone has any good books to suggest that would help in learning how to use this monster of a program (Uber already suggested one), I would really appreciate it.
                                I'd have a look around the internet first before buying a book You can probably find all you need to know about Photoshop without having to fork out the money

Congrats on the Anniversary

Comment

Working...
                                X