Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone...

I just found some pics that I've never seen before (and for me, that's very rare!) So I have decided to post them for your viewing pleasure! They're both quite random, imo... I mean, bubble tube'y type things? (btw, sorry it's so small... only one I could find!) Oh well, it's cool That second one seems quite risque to me...! But then again, after Femme Fatale...ah the many many sides of Amanda!

Oooh, and guess what!??!? Just a few days ago, I was invited to play in a band! Playing alto and tenor Saxaphones! It's a Ska band, if anyone knows what that is (Ska of course being short for Skaara. Honest, really... *cough ahem* ) I'm really excited! I'ts not a typical jazz band type thing, it's almost rock/punk kind of, but mushed in with horn sections and such... with occassional swing/jazz/blues/stylesI cant even name. All very interesting to me. I'm not only the only saxaphone player, but the only female! And the youngest member! lol. Our first practice/reherasal kind of intro thing is tomorrow, wish me luck!!!
    Last edited by MajorSam; 26 May 2005, 06:49 PM.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Hey everyone...

I just found some pics that I've never seen before (and for me, that's very rare!) So I have decided to post them for your viewing pleasure! They're both quite random, imo... I mean, bubble tube'y type things? (btw, sorry it's so small... only one I could find!) Oh well, it's cool That second one seems quite risque to me...! But then again, after Femme Fatale...ah the many many sides of Amanda!

Klaxons blaring ... all personnel to the Gate room ... we have three Royal Security Guards down sir ... Agent Dark, Carterslave, and 1speed4Sam are in need of the automatic defibrillators ... hurry!

Comment

*drowns in drool*

GW on getting into the band MajorSam!

Comment

Hey everyone...

Oooh, and guess what!??!? Just a few days ago, I was invited to play in a band! Playing alto and tenor Saxaphones! It's a Ska band, if anyone knows what that is (Ska of course being short for Skaara. Honest, really... *cough ahem* ) I'm really excited! I'ts not a typical jazz band type thing, it's almost rock/punk kind of, but mushed in with horn sections and such... with occassional swing/jazz/blues/stylesI cant even name. All very interesting to me. I'm not only the only saxaphone player, but the only female! And the youngest member! lol. Our first practice/rehearsal kind of intro thing is tomorrow, wish me luck!!!
          Need we remind you, dear Madam President ...

Whether you play it hot, or play it cool
          You must keep to the Samanda rule ...

Let the boys be boys and have their fun,
          But remember how to use your gun!

You're the youngest and only girl
          Give it a try, give it a whirl ...

Just keep the combat moves alive ...
          In case the jazz men do more than jive.

Watch your step as you join the band
          All should be well if they stay in hand

Congrats and have a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Sam: (speaking to Mitchell) I'm sorry. Did you just say 'Lighten up babe?'
            Daniel: Oh no. Here we go again.
            Teal'c: It is most unfortunate that Colonel Mitchel did not heed our
            warning.
            LOL ... right, the theme of the night is "don't tread on me!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Klaxons blaring ... all personnel to the Gate room ... we have three Royal Security Guards down sir ... Agent Dark, Carterslave, and 1speed4Sam are in need of the automatic defibrillators ... hurry!

HAHAHAH!!! Oh gracious, did I post those pics that killed them? *halo* Blame it on Amanda's....appeal!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              *drowns in drool*

GW on getting into the band MajorSam!
              Hahaha, *hands over some kleenexes*

and Thanks

Need we remind you, dear Madam President ...

Whether you play it hot, or play it cool
              You must keep to the Samanda rule ...

Let the boys be boys and have their fun,
              But remember how to use your gun!

You're the youngest and only girl
              Give it a try, give it a whirl ...

Just keep the combat moves alive ...
              In case the jazz men do more than jive.

Watch your step as you join the band
              All should be well if they stay in hand

Congrats and have a lot of fun!
              HAHA! AWW! Thanks so much for this

I most definately will not forget my gun, don't worry. I plan to show them all how it's done

HAHA to the watch steps etc. The person who invited me in is my Best Friends b/f and my friend. He'll look out for me

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

But, yes, the irony would be delicious if the three most talented actors (IMO too) connected and really started to develop some great chemistry ... AT, BB, and CB ... beyond all the original hoopla and hype! I think there is some potential for that to happen once they start to share some scenes together.

Hehehehe ...
                i could definitely live with that!

(just don't go sam/mitchell ship)

bb and cb have established themselves as good actors - like amanda- so i hope to see these three working together.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

sorry about the confusion with closing the thread. it didn't seem to be popular so i'll justlet things stay as they are.

You could always cut it off at page 400 or something easy to remember

as to the boys at the cons, yes, i do think that MS fans scare him a bit. they are a most passionate lot and, at cons i've been at, some of them seem unable to distinguish between character and actor (they'll ask him questions like 'in eps ...... when you were doing this? what did those heiroglyphs really say' or other such questions, in other words, asking the actor things only the character would know)

it has to be both thrilling to be surrounded by screaming women and, at the same time, rather spooky.

then again, he, and others, have encouraged those very same women. MS hasn't been at any of the gatecon auctions (at least i dont' think so) but the other actors there do act OTT and often sex things up to have fun and pump up the price

I mean, for me, at the cons i try to keep my distance in a way from the actors. i don't grab at them in the halls or hug them without permission or other such things...but others do. some folks just don't know the boundaries and often cross them

in many ways, fans are a necessary evil
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just two other pics i'd never seen: (Well, the first one i've seen the head of on a magazine... but not hte full non-worded one, or the other one) Sorry they're not as... interesting as the last one But... still!

Oh, as well as getting into a band, I randomely today became the goalie for a team in a street hockey tournament... the goalie of the only all-girls team! Of course we had to call ourselves "Chicks with Sticks" We play our second game tomorrow... wish me luck! (I have to play with horrible old equipment... The insides of my knees are one big massive bruise, with all my skin ripped away... fun! Plus it's between 12 and 2pm, the HOTTEST time of the day, and we're in a heat wave right now ) The Funny thing is i'm not even a goalie... played ringette forever, a few times I played in goal throughout the years (Once had to play for the Medal-winning game... and won! ) But never actually played goal... ah well, it's fun, and I need the exercise!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Just two other pics i'd never seen: (Well, the first one i've seen the head of on a magazine... but not hte full non-worded one, or the other one) Sorry they're not as... interesting as the last one But... still!
                      There is no such thing as too many Sam/Amanda pics!!!

Oh, as well as getting into a band, I randomely today became the goalie for a team in a street hockey tournament... the goalie of the only all-girls team! Of course we had to call ourselves "Chicks with Sticks" We play our second game tomorrow... wish me luck! (I have to play with horrible old equipment... The insides of my knees are one big massive bruise, with all my skin ripped away... fun! Plus it's between 12 and 2pm, the HOTTEST time of the day, and we're in a heat wave right now ) The Funny thing is i'm not even a goalie... played ringette forever, a few times I played in goal throughout the years (Once had to play for the Medal-winning game... and won! ) But never actually played goal... ah well, it's fun, and I need the exercise!
                      Damm! Is there anything you dont do???

Comment

who's up for petitioning the ptb to give sam/amanda her own show?!?

if sam had her own show, should it take place on earth? should she command the alpha site? if she stays on earth, should she have her own sg team (not sg1, because this would be *sam's* show). how about her being on the prometheus or daedalus? ideas, samandans?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone...

Oooh, and guess what!??!? Just a few days ago, I was invited to play in a band! Playing alto and tenor Saxaphones! It's a Ska band, if anyone knows what that is (Ska of course being short for Skaara. Honest, really... *cough ahem* ) I'm really excited! I'ts not a typical jazz band type thing, it's almost rock/punk kind of, but mushed in with horn sections and such... with occassional swing/jazz/blues/stylesI cant even name. All very interesting to me. I'm not only the only saxaphone player, but the only female! And the youngest member! lol. Our first practice/reherasal kind of intro thing is tomorrow, wish me luck!!!
                          Must not look. Must not look. Must not look.

Oh go on, just the one eye then...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Guess this episode or add a Caption:

Jack: I think those are the Season 6 to 8 scriptwriters coming now.

Sam: I do believe they are, sir.

Jack: And what did you say you were going to do to them again?

Sam: You don't want to know, sir...

*Season numbers edited as suggested by Carterslave*
                            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 26 May 2005, 11:48 PM.

Comment

We lost so much when we lost Janet ... the only other strong female in the cast and a true friend to Sam. The two actors worked hard from very first season to make sure that both characters would be portrayed as colleagues and friends and not as competitors. To their credit, they made their friendship arc something worth watching and it added richness to the show. Likewise, we had Martouf (who had shown some promise as an interesting recurring character who held the secrets of Jolinar and, thus, a connection to Sam) and Jacob (who came on the scene and bonded so well with Sam that it was hard to believe that they were only playing at being father and daughter). Frankly, without Martouf and Jacob, the Tok'ra hold no special interest for me anymore. Janet could have easily stepped in for the first few episodes of S9 and held her own while Sam was away.
                              A great big 'Indeed' to all of the above. I've quoted so much simply b/c it bears repeating. Often. TPTB have had a bad habit of pushing recurring characters under the bus as a short-term expedient rather than as a fulfillment of that character's arc. The S/J ship started getting pushed big time in S4, so Martouf bit the dust. (He may have also been a casualty of the desire to make room for Anise/Freya.) A dramatic development was needed late in S8 to get Sam & Jack to address their much-bruited "feelings," so it's bye-bye Jacob.
                              Had Janet died a heroic death saving one of the main characters or had a martyrdom similar to Daniel's in Meridian, perhaps we'd feel differently. Yes, people die randomly in real life, but Stargate is not a show people look to for gritty neo-realist drama, if you follow my drift. And, if they TPTB do want realism, a little behavioral veracity wouldn't be unwelcome. Martouf, Jacob & Janet were all here & beloved one day, utterly forgotten the next. It makes the characters on the show look heartless or out of touch, which is probably not the intended effect.
                              As for S9, I've come 'round to the point of giving it benefit of the doubt, though I still have a fair measure of trepidation about certain elements. Too bad they didn't feel like investing time & money in the Jaffa-rebellion storyline when there still was a Jaffa rebellion. If the copious Jaffa jawboning that took the place of meaningful action late in S8 is any guide, the upcoming "birth of the Jaffa nation" plotline doesn't exactly crackle with excitement.
                              But ... everything I've read about Mr. Browder suggests that he's going to bring a dose of creative energy that the show is in need of right now. Just that shot of Mitchell reverently reaching toward the Gate tells us that this is going to be quite a different SG-1 commander from O'Neill. I'll miss RDA, but the series needs to get back to the sense of exploration of S1-3, as opposed to acting like they go through the Stargate only when they've run out of things to do around the base (or in their home life).
                              Some elements of Farscape wouldn't be entirely amiss ... angst for one. Creatively designed aliens, for another. The real threat seems to be creeping influence of Andromeda. Look at those bimbos RDA was posing with at E3: that tableau has Andromeda written all over it. If the SGC is suddenly pustulent with busty babes & teenage computers nerds, it'll be time to pull the plug.
                              I don't believe TPTB would kill off Carter. Why? It would be bad for business. Considering how much they hyped her one-word cameo on SG:A, I'm sure they know how much mileage they could get out of well-promoted guest appearances. The one area for genuine concern is TR got dumped as she was nearing the big 4-0 ... and AT is getting there, too. Hence, I get a black mood whenever I see something that looks like a kiss-up to the Maxim demographic. (TeyLo on SG:A, I'm looking at you.)
                              Isn't there enough dumb sci-fi out there already? It'd be nice to hang onto the few intelligent shows that are left. [/rant]

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                Jack: I think those are the Season 9 scriptwriters coming now.
                                Sam: I do believe they are, sir.
                                Jack: And what did you say you were going to do to them again?
                                Sam: You don't want to know, sir...
                                No, it's the S6-8 scriptwriters she should shoot. They're the ones who gave us the Mary Sue-ing of Jonas, DeadJanet, DeadJacob, the Dumbassification of Sam and—let us not forget (as much as we'd like to)—Pete. Heck, she should shoot them for that alone.
                                As for the upcoming Free Jaffa storyline, it's worth remembering that Apophis & his pals didn't keep all those Jaffa around for their sparkling personalities & scintillating conversation. (Though they do speak English better than the average American, I regret to say.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X