Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    I'll just say that neither of those boys are enough to get me to a con. I've seen MS twice, CJ once and neither of them are enough to get me to shell out the bucks to see them again

i've heard the stories and, frankly, i don't care for the shanks/judge/davis mutual admiration society. I'm just not interested

I just have the impression that, while they do enjoy meeting the fans, it's more about doing the gig and lapping up the adoration and estrogen while for amanda, it's truly a chance to meet and greet her fans and that we're a LOT more than just a face in the crowd to her.

i honestly can say that she cares about people
    I so agree with this - I've seen MS & CJ twice and while they were fun, it is more of a gig for them. MS is not comfortable at Cons and it really shows (but I don't blame him with they way some women act toward him). I've seen AT once and she was so different then the guys - she keep Thanking everyone for coming and for watching the show - she was great at the breakfast and interacted so well with everyone. Now that she has had Olivia I do not expect to see AT at many Cons in the future but if/when she does appear if you have the chance to go it will be worth the money

I am going to the Burbank Con but mainly for 2 reasons - 1 I want to se Torri Higginson (meet her briefly last year at Comic Con and she was really great to talk to - very warm and friendly) 2 Joel Goldsmith - want to hear about the man behind the music
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      My sentiments exactly!! I mean come on, how hard is it for someone to say something like...

"The franchise has had eight wonderful years with RDA, and we're hoping with MS, CJ and AT coming back and this new, talented group of people coming in that the franchise will continue on for another eight seasons. Everyone involved with the show is really looking forward to coming back and making this the best season ever. "

and

"The new team's chemistry is just great, and it's only going to get better when Amanda comes back."

I mean come on guys, give us a bone here!!! Hearing these types of comments would have had me elated about the upcoming season, but instead I'm petrified as to what to expect when the first episode airs. I'm sure Farscape was a great show. Obviously it had it's own share of fans, but I'm not one of them. Instead of spending all of their time trying to lure in those new fans, why don't they try to make some of us established ones a little more at ease with all the new changes. I really think they need to get someone better in their public relations departmetn because whomever they are they don't seem to be doing a very good job. But maybe they think in the same terms as the cell phone companies. Once they got you hooked into the contract/show, you really no longer exist in their eyes. It's all about grabbing that new customer or pulling in that new fan in the end.

Kat
      Too bad you aren't their press advisor! I like your press comments. Of course, on those so-called previews they've started showing, they're just very short snippets. MS might have said something about AT, but they chose not to include it. I will feel better when we start seeing HER in the previews.

Maybe in the last year the cast has felt 2nd fiddle to RDA-- I doubt because he's an egomaniac on the set (that's never been hinted at before)-- but because of his schedule. In a sense he did pull rank by getting everything scheduled around him. On the other hand, TPTB apparently begged him to come back for the last few years & reports are that he did it for the fans and the show.

Comment

Guess this episode or add a Caption:

Caption--Sam: "God I wish Daniel would quit showing up everywhere naked ever since he got de-ascended."
        Jack: "My eyes! My eyes!"

Comment

I too think you should be the press advisor! you'd be great!

I hope we hear something about Sam soon, i'm getting worried. and a interview with Amanda Tapping would be great.

I think the reason the cast say's it's so great this year is because there are new cast members so there are new people to act with. New and different storylines that might be a nice change of pace for them, and a not so hectic shooting schedule anymore, as well as, According to Christopher Judge a bigger budget (there gonna need it with all the new additions).

The reason why i'm worried about Season 9 is because of Sam and what will happen to her in relation to Mitchell. I don't think the new characters will be bad characters they will probably be great (Jonas was!). But i'm worried about how mitchell will affect Carter. Also about the new bad guys, i loved the Goa'uld, and even though i like the wraith and Ancients, the Goa'uld are much better in my opinion, and far more interesting.

I hope we here more info on sam soon.

Comment

Guess this episode or add a Caption:

O'Neill: TREEEEES... The horror... They go on forever
            Carter: I know. Isn't it beautiful?

Comment

However the way things have been handled thus far regarding season nine,
              it's truly starting to make me worry about the image that has been portrayed in the past. I mean from the first week of the season we have been hearing how great things are and how wonderfully the cast has melded together and I sort of just took it as the production crew being worried how things might go over with so many new cast members and how delighted they were with how easy things have gone. However, with RDA gone now and AT not even a part of production for the first two months of the season, to suddenly be hearing CJ, MS, and various writers/producers all say how completely different this season is and how it's such a great Team(when all of the TEAM isn't even there yet). Or how beautifully they have all gotten along and how much better this season is going to be compared to previous years sort of puts me in the mindset that, if anything they are saying now is true, then we have been lied to for the past eight years. That it's all been one enormous facade and if this is truly the case then I will probably become very disenchanted with the franchise.
              I could not have put it better myself. You are complitely reading my mind. I wonder how they don't see this contradiction themselves. How gullible do they think the fans are? Do they really think that we will take everything at the face value? Especially the fans that have been with the show since the beginning. It's almost feels like they are burning the bridges with the established fan base. IMHO, that's not very wise...

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583

I would love to add my suggestions>>>>FLAG orange with picture of Samanda land in the centre with the four corners filled with pics of action Sam,science Sam,woman Sam and kind and giving Sam, with those pics maybe faded in with pics of Amanda laughing and smiling.

Maybe from each pic a pic of hands reaching out
                and grasping other hands.
                For the Motto>>>>To laugh,to smile,to care,to reach.

Hope this is alright as this is what Amanda and
                this thread brings to mind to me
                Wow - of course! Orange is the Queen's and President's royal color!

After reading all the posts tonight, though, I have a much better motto to appear on the orange flag ... near the action/soldier Sam:

"Don't tread on me!"

I'm wincing after reading the response from Bam Bam or whoever he is! Is this guy a new stunt trainer?! For Pete's sake, when asked about Sam doing some new combat scenes, his reply is "I didn't know she did them?!" Someone should point the man to the mag article which showed that the hand-to-hand combat in Emancipation was ranked as one of the top ten fan favorites of all past seasons!

Carter is ready for more action in S9 ... the fans want to see more action ... and AT, herself, speaks about her willingness to play the character as more commanding in the field, especially after her experience in Death Knell.

So, Bam Bam, do your homework and open up your mind to the fact that you have one of the main leads returning and be ready for training her in some combat scenes if the writers get it right!

Comment

This one's for you, Mr. Bam Bam ... caption please!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...arterKnife.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

I'm wincing after reading the response from Bam Bam or whoever he is! Is this guy a new stunt trainer?! For Pete's sake, when asked about Sam doing some new combat scenes, his reply is "I didn't know she did them?!" Someone should point the man to the mag article which showed that the hand-to-hand combat in Emancipation was ranked as one of the top ten fan favorites of all past seasons!

Carter is ready for more action in S9 ... the fans want to see more action ... and AT, herself, speaks about her willingness to play the character as more commanding in the field, especially after her experience in Death Knell.

So, Bam Bam, do your homework and open up your mind to the fact that you have one of the main leads returning and be ready for training her in some combat scenes if the writers get it right!
                    Yeah, he is new - hes the Stunt Coordinator on Atlantis (whereas SG-1's stunt coordinator is Sgt Siler ). I don't think he's even worked on SG-1 before.

Comment

My sentiments exactly!! I mean come on, how hard is it for someone to say something like...

"The franchise has had eight wonderful years with RDA, and we're hoping with MS, CJ and AT coming back and this new, talented group of people coming in that the franchise will continue on for another eight seasons. Everyone involved with the show is really looking forward to coming back and making this the best season ever. "

and

"The new team's chemistry is just great, and it's only going to get better when Amanda comes back."

I mean come on guys, give us a bone here!!! Hearing these types of comments would have had me elated about the upcoming season, but instead I'm petrified as to what to expect when the first episode airs. I'm sure Farscape was a great show. Obviously it had it's own share of fans, but I'm not one of them. Instead of spending all of their time trying to lure in those new fans, why don't they try to make some of us established ones a little more at ease with all the new changes. I really think they need to get someone better in their public relations departmetn because whomever they are they don't seem to be doing a very good job. But maybe they think in the same terms as the cell phone companies. Once they got you hooked into the contract/show, you really no longer exist in their eyes. It's all about grabbing that new customer or pulling in that new fan in the end.

Kat

Yes, Kat, you should be a part of their publicity staff!!!

I think a number of you are helping me figure out why I was confused about CJ's (and the prior MS interview) interview. I can't quite figure out why they wouldn't promote season nine with a bit more balance and, dare I say, grace. It is odd to me to talk about how wonderful the team is without also saying something about looking forward to seeing the dynamics when AT comes back. That is why I can't wait to hear something from AT---get her perspective on this. Who knows when she will do an interview though because she has got to be so busy.

I have never been to a con, but from reading reports I could tell that MS and CJ seem like good-hearted people, but I would not enjoy their sense of humor. I think alot of people do, but it isn't for me. The only con I would go to is with AT alone. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her at cons.

I, like others, can't wait to hear more specific and positive things about Sam's place in the scheme of things. I have to admit that I cringe a little when I hear that MS and CJ are so excited about the humor aspect of the show because I don't seem to have their same sense of humor. Oh well. I'll watch the beginning, but like others have said, the show really doesn't start until AT comes back for me.

On the bright side, Amanda can act! What I mean by this is that I think she will be amazing along side Ben Browder and perhaps, if she gets a chance in Beach Head, along side Claudia Black too. The dynamics between Carter and Mitchell could be fantastic because they are such good actors. (Hey they all three are Saturn winners ). So, given some really good writing, AT could really be fun to see with BB (I don't mean in the shippy sense at all, but in the colleague sense--perhaps with a dash of conflict added in).

Funny enough, awhile ago Ben Browder mentioned that he really looked forward to meeting AT and working with her; and Claudia Black mentioned that she was disappointed that she and AT would not get a chance to work together. Well now they may have that chance. It could be ironic that instead of Vala and Daniel's interaction being so "wonderful", it could be Carter and Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                        All the spoilers,all the interviews has imho made me feel very sad that there is very little
                        mention of Amanda even CJ interview that i have
                        just read it just made me go well that's great but would it have hurt to give Amanda a mention
                        like can't wait for Amanda to return for there is some good things for her to get her teeth into, now something like that would for me as a
                        fan make me sit up and take notice and want to find out more.
                        I do this kind of thing at work, make the product inticing and eye catching for the public to want to come in and visit the museum where as the
                        y would have just walked on by.
                        Imho tptb are missing something with so little about Sam that is coming out because so many fans are saying the same thing, we need a little more and not that "how Sam does return" little bit of info because i felt like they really could not give a dam about Sam, that was how that little bit of info came across to me!
                        me too.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          Yes, Kat, you should be a part of their publicity staff!!!

I think a number of you are helping me figure out why I was confused about CJ's (and the prior MS interview) interview. I can't quite figure out why they wouldn't promote season nine with a bit more balance and, dare I say, grace. It is odd to me to talk about how wonderful the team is without also saying something about looking forward to seeing the dynamics when AT comes back. That is why I can't wait to hear something from AT---get her perspective on this. Who knows when she will do an interview though because she has got to be so busy.

I have never been to a con, but from reading reports I could tell that MS and CJ seem like good-hearted people, but I would not enjoy their sense of humor. I think alot of people do, but it isn't for me. The only con I would go to is with AT alone. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her at cons.

I, like others, can't wait to hear more specific and positive things about Sam's place in the scheme of things. I have to admit that I cringe a little when I hear that MS and CJ are so excited about the humor aspect of the show because I don't seem to have their same sense of humor. Oh well. I'll watch the beginning, but like others have said, the show really doesn't start until AT comes back for me.

On the bright side, Amanda can act! What I mean by this is that I think she will be amazing along side Ben Browder and perhaps, if she gets a chance in Beach Head, along side Claudia Black too. The dynamics between Carter and Mitchell could be fantastic because they are such good actors. (Hey they all three are Saturn winners ). So, given some really good writing, AT could really be fun to see with BB (I don't mean in the shippy sense at all, but in the colleague sense--perhaps with a dash of conflict added in).

Funny enough, awhile ago Ben Browder mentioned that he really looked forward to meeting AT and working with her; and Claudia Black mentioned that she was disappointed that she and AT would not get a chance to work together. Well now they may have that chance. It could be ironic that instead of Vala and Daniel's interaction being so "wonderful", it could be Carter and Mitchell
                          Great post, choc!

I see these guys as still going through their adolescence and they're all almost 40 years old. So the male demographic will be lovin' every minute of the new season if the humor and acting point in that direction. And the boys will continue to be boys.

But, yes, the irony would be delicious if the three most talented actors (IMO too) connected and really started to develop some great chemistry ... AT, BB, and CB ... beyond all the original hoopla and hype! I think there is some potential for that to happen once they start to share some scenes together.

Hehehehe ...
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 26 May 2005, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Yeah, he is new - hes the Stunt Coordinator on Atlantis (whereas SG-1's stunt coordinator is Sgt Siler ). I don't think he's even worked on SG-1 before.
                            Well, I don't care where he is 'cause sooner or later Sam Carter is gonna make an appearance on Atlantis ... and then she may be doing hand-to-hand with the Wraith (at best) or McKay (at least)!

So Bam Bam better be ready to train her! If not, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...rterBamBam.jpg
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 26 May 2005, 06:04 PM.

Comment

SG1 is off-world, exploring an alien ship ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...CarterShip.jpg

"Gosh, sir, this seems so deja-vu. It's kinda creepy ... reminds me of so many ships we've already been on ...."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...erShippier.jpg

"Ship, ship, ship ... we have enough ship memories to last a lifetime."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...hippySmile.jpg
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 26 May 2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Sam: (speaking to Mitchell) I'm sorry. Did you just say 'Lighten up babe?'
                                Daniel: Oh no. Here we go again.
                                Teal'c: It is most unfortunate that Colonel Mitchel did not heed our
                                warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X