No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...and don't forget to vote for Amanda at the syfyportal.com website!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

Regarding the "class picture" and to alleviate the fears of my fellow Samandans, below is an idea of what I'm going for...as you can see, you can't really see anyone. It's just a bunch of kids. No close ups or anything...it is a group shot.

Plus...now you see what I looked like in kindergarten...but only from a distance...I know...I was quite the ham, wasn't I???

So please send me your pictures so I can make this group shot of Samandans work...and include your first name and screen name. Any details you don't want disclosed will be kept confidential...but rest assured the pictures are NOT CLOSE UPS!!!

But although the images blur at this distance, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND HIGH QUALITY IMAGES...
    Last edited by Uber; 24 May 2005, 06:17 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      THE LOST ELDER Part 3
      A story of Samanda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      deepspace is wondering what the people of Samanda will think of this part. She's not sure what she thinks of it herself. Self centred might be a good description.

You know, I tried really hard to write lots of people in, but it ended up mostly about me. Sorry. And I know I've left out so many people. I really want to include more people!

That's great, deepspace! I think the citizens will be pleased.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Oh and just for fun...here's what I looked like in Kindergarten...enlarged for your viewing pleasure...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

oh uber darling!!!!!!!! POST 8000!!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Oh and just for fun...here's what I looked like in Kindergarten...enlarged for your viewing pleasure...

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            oh uber darling!!!!!!!! POST 8000!!!!!!!!
            Wow...and I didn't even notice...

Listen...regarding the group picture thing...please remember that it's just for fun...but I'm not going to waste my time developing a neat Samandan backdrop and banner for just a few people. there has to be at least 10-15 participants to make it worth my time...

But the first name thing is just for my benefit...I just like knowing who Im working with. If that freaks you, then don't tell me your name...

But please make this worth my time okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Oddly, the way Sam has been portrayed since her blending with Jolinar, I have a feeling that she tends to not allow herself to get too attached to other hosts because she's a bit afraid of that side of herself. She does not seem very comfortable with the prospect of using the technology and we know that her experiences with having naquadah in her blood hasn't been pleasant.

Kat

Nice analysis. It's a plot black-hole that the writers and PTB have left for too long. I agree that Sam is blocking that "shadow" knowledge from Jolinar. It may be the strength of the symbiote's character and duty match Sam's more than she wants to admit. As she told her Tollan beau, she had to make sure that whatever she was feeling were actually HER feelings, not Jolinar's.

In another thread, someone asked why Sam seemed to be so very efficient in matching Ancient and Goa'uld technology to Earth's less advanced one, and the joining with Jolinar was put up as one answer. That Jolinar's experiences and exposure to those technologies found there way into Sam's consciousness. Not sure I agree fully with that; Sam has always been the genius from air force academy on. Nevertheless, a fair question touching on the possible effects Sam may be feeling. (What a battle they missed out on: Sam vs Osiris using the Goa'uld wrist thingies!)

And no mistake: that initial "blending" with Jolinar was traumatic; Sam essentially disappeared when the symbiote invaded, yet we know the host survives. Has she had nightmares, as someone posted? Find herself seeing something other than what's there? Hearing voices? Maybe the fiction books pick up on some of this, but it would deepen our understanding of Sam to see her handle post traumatic stress on screen.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Also...whilst I am asking you for things...I STILL want your personal Amanda Tapping experiences!

Have you seen her at a convention? Have you met her personally? Share your story with me.

I am especially interested in CANDID Amanda Tapping photos...if you're in them or not...that's fine. But I'm interested in original pictures...not the stock SG-1 stuff.

Comment

Haha, just found the link to this site in another thread. Basically it comes up with a slogan based on a keyword you've chosen. Pretty nifty

OR

They change on refresh
                  But some of the slogans might be alittle dodgy lol

EDIT: Some of the better ones I've seen:
                  Sam Carter is a female force (omg, how did it know that???? o.O)
                  Sam Carter - Pure Lust ( )
                  The Sam Carter man! (omg, this thing reads minds!!! )
                  Don't mess with Sam Carter ()
                  Sam Carter makes me hot (omgwtf. This is too wierd. )
                  There's only one true Sam Carter (yeah, those AU versions have nothin on her!)
                  Samanda - Better than sex (lol!)
                  Food or Samanda? I'll have Samanda
                  Samanda never lies

This thing is gold!
                  Last edited by Agent_Dark; 24 May 2005, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Just for fun, here's a couple of great pictures I got of AT yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                      ADD A CAPTION...

Janet! You're making ORANGE jello??

Comment

THE LOST ELDER Part 3
                        A story of Samanda

(snipped)
                        (i read the whole thing, and what do you think i got from it?... )

YAY, i'm one with o'neill!!!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

deepspace did not get PM
                          Lol....that's 'coz RL got in the way and Charlie forgot to send PM. D'oh!
                          Oh, and btw, thanks for letting me be in the story! Yay! Juts one thing - you're letting me near technical things? Like radio's? Bad idea, I'll break 'em!!! Biggest klutz in the universe, that's me!
                          Royal Page of Samanda
                          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Listen...regarding the group picture thing...please remember that it's just for fun...but I'm not going to waste my time developing a neat Samandan backdrop and banner for just a few people. there has to be at least 10-15 participants to make it worth my time...

But the first name thing is just for my benefit...I just like knowing who Im working with. If that freaks you, then don't tell me your name...

But please make this worth my time okay?
                            Hey, if you can wait til saturday or sunday I'll send you a nice pic of me....I don't have any right now and my camera's broken! But I'm having a party for my eighteenth on friday night, so I can take one then on someone else's digital and send it to you asap. K?
                            Royal Page of Samanda
                            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Oh...and don't forget to vote for Amanda at the syfyportal.com website!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php
                              lol, lucky you guys keep reminding me to vote or I would of forgotten about it a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                ADD A CAPTION...

Janet: And then we add the pastrami...

Comment

Working...
                                X