Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    AT tries out the all-new Stargate Viewing Chair (tm), with Sensurround Plug-in Feature...
    LMAO... it's sad how far in the gutter one can fall when given just a tiny push.

Comment

Wow, great to hear from you strix ! Hope to hear more of your trip as it progresses. Have fun!

I also notice majorsam popped in a little while ago. Sounds like she's really busy. Oh how long has our kingdom been without its president? Hope you'll have some spare time soon . The stuff you're doing sounds fantastic though!

AD, I went back and read your drabble again, because I really love it. Please write more stories?
      As for the trailer for the game, I've seen the tiny trailer on the main Alliance website, but I just downloaded the one you linked to, and the saved zipped folder said it was invalid or corrupted. I'll have to try again later.
      I'm really hoping the game will be made well. The graphics look pretty good, I'm just wondering what the playing mode will be. First person shootemup I'm guessing? The screencaps that I've taken from various sites look amazing.

Yes, I have been archiving the thread. Not much longer before I have too many megs for a cd! I'm already up to 615mb, and that's without the last 10 to 15 pages! I've actually aleady burnt a cd, but I've decided to burn another one closer to being able to actually post it. I haven't had time to get around to it yet. Sorry astro .
      When it comes to closing the thread, after quite a bit of thought, I think I'm with Uber and Sal. I feel like it's getting a little too big. It would be good if we could keep our postcount going from wherever we leave off though.
      edited to add: I notice we are getting near page 400.

Congrats on your 1, 100 Uber, it's great to have you here .
      Yay to an Uber fantastic 1,100 posts!
      Last edited by deepspace; 22 May 2005, 01:29 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Charlie!
        I know why your sig hates you...

You're using this:
        file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Caitlyn/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/mysig.jpg

You're trying to link it to a file on your computer. You need to host it on the net, and then link to the url. Howabout you PM me the image, and I'll host it on my Photobucket album for you?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          LMAO... it's sad how far in the gutter one can fall when given just a tiny push.
          ...and yet we seem to make that journey into said gutter with greater frequency...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Found another picture of AT being silly. I have to agree with other posts that I would really love to see her doing a comedy act, I really think she would be great.

If you feel the urge, you can Add a Caption!

BTW, don't forget to vote!!
            http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

Comment

Found another picture of AT being silly. I have to agree with other posts that I would really love to see her doing a comedy act, I really think she would be great.

BTW, don't forget to vote!!
              http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php
              Okay...you'll have to messenger me with where you found this little gem of a pic...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Add A Caption:
                Wow, I let Janet have one drink and she wants to show me the tattoo on her ..... {*Gulp!*}

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.
                  If this means what I think it means (and I passionately hope it does—although, Lord knows, it's far, far, FAR from a done deal) then I will be able to forgive TPTB for the S9 Vala tomfoolery, P.U.—maybe even Gemini.
                  (I was going to say I could forgive them for Pete ... but let's not get carried away.)
                  Even the temporary return of J____t F_____r would bring back a great deal of the soul & warmth that have been missing from S8, save for brief returns to the Good Old Days with Hammond and even Maybourne, who has become improbably lovable. I can't recall any other science fiction show in which the characters gained such a purchase on my affections.

Besides, Sam's friends & family have been dropping like flies lately. She needs to take some of those blood & tissue samples that Dr. Fraiser used to collect & get down to some serious cloning.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                    I was browsing the net and came across this awesome article...it was in the mgm sci-fi newsletter ages and ages ago, and Amanda's talking about her trip to the Middle East and how she got her combat bracelet. If you'd like to read it, it can be found at : http://www.mgm.com/scifi/02april/amanda.html
                    Her attitude and respect for the troops is really heartfelt - just another indication of what a wonderful and warm-hearted lady she is.

Oh, and btw, although AT states in the article that she would wear the bracelet until the troops were home, it fell apart after a year and a half (I seem to have fuzzy memories about a debate over this point, so I thought I'd be clear.)
                    Well, if she wants to cheer up the troops, this pic should do the trick! She is one beautiful lady, inside and out.

On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

She: "DUH, like you fell in love with a 'nanny'? How lame!"

He: "Can it, Carter ... the cop wasn't exactly your type either!"
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 May 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Well, if she wants to cheer up the troops, this pic should do the trick! She is one beautiful lady, inside and out.

Zowee ... do I hear AD and Carterslave and 1speed4Sam singing a patriotic George M. Cohan medley?!

Strains of "You're a Grand Old Flag" seem to be floating outside my window ... I just looked - it's the Royal Security Guard on parade!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                          AT tries out the all-new Stargate Viewing Chair (tm), with Sensurround Plug-in Feature...
                          ROTFLOL My, my ... these security guards are really getting a bit rowdy tonight! That new communication device seems to be communicating quite well!

Comment

I just stumbled on to another of Strix's fics, and this one is a gem! It's called "Looking Up" and really well written with a delightful image of Jack and Sam at the very end.

Strix knows how to tell a good story! Kudos!

You can find it at: http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/knife.htm Actually that takes you directly to her "Knife" fic but scroll down to bottom of story and click on to her main webpage from there.

Warning: Sam whumpage and implied S/J ship Hey, what's not to love?!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Sigh why can I never see these pics???

Grumbles to her self.

Comment

And, what do Sam and Jack really do in their spare time?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../SamCamera.bmp

Sam: "Are you sure, sir, that you really want to audition for this part? Somehow, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' just doesn't seem to be your style."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ackBandana.bmp

Jack: "Not to worrry, Carter ... just keep shooting while I make my demo tape."
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 May 2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X