Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    they may have a very valid reason for doing this. I have no doubt that amanda is doing her best to balance baby and job, and i think i'm fairly confident in saying, if push came to shove, she'd leave the show to take care of olivia (or should she decide to try for another one) and as much as i'd miss sam, i support that 100000%.

tptb putting mitchell forth, i think, is less a demotion of sam and more an acknowledgement that amanda has more important things in her life right now than the show.

I do think that they're doing it to support amanda. Doesn't mean that it doesn't bite and doesn't mean that it's not a lost/wasted opportunity, but i do think that's the reason
    Yes, you are probably right. Amanda's life is changing, personally and possibly professionally. The fact that she, herself, has kept a very low profile even after birth of Olivia seems to show this. And I do know that she is loved by the crew and cast members (originals) so it is yet to be seen what her future plans will hold beyond S9. If she manages to juggle it all, Coley suggested that she may find it good to have a gig in her hometown and won't have to travel about, staying close to hearth and home and Olivia. So, perhaps, she will be staying on. All pure conjecture ...

Astro mentioned to me that she thought the male leads (MS, CJ, and BB) are being written as "heroic" and that's what I'm probably wanting to see happen to Sam. No matter AT's reduced schedule on the set, I'm just hoping that the writers treat her well and enlarge the image of Carter rather than shrink it. Again, I don't mean necessarily more time onscreen, it's not the quantity that counts here ... it's the quality.

If it is, indeed, her last season, let the gal leave on a positive note and let the boys be boys in future seasons. If the franchise goes on without her, I really won't care at that point ... Sam Carter is the heart of the show; without her, I won't be watching.

I will be watching and supporting whatever AT chooses to do afterwards, and, of course, there may be a hiatus while family comes first. Either way - working actor or stay-at-home caretaker, she's going to be a wonderful momma!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I had originally came up with this caption with Pete in mind seeing as he is really the only person we have seen Sam in a relationship with, but I didn't want to offend anyone so as you read this caption... just add whomever you so desire to see Sam with as a SO(Significant Other).

After reading a few posts yesterday, I started thinking about Sam and what kind of things would turn her on. I just don't see her as your normal flowers and romance novels kind of girl. I see her as a little freaky.

Warning: If you are offended by sexual situations, kinky forplay and/or quarks please do not read the following captions.

SO: Have I told you lately how weird this is?
      Sam: Yes, regularly. Just read it...will you?
      SO: Ok...but I get to have my way with you afterwards. Right?
      Sam: Yes. Now will you just shut up and read.

SO: Each of the six 'flavors' of quarks can have three different 'colors'.
      The quark forces are attractive only in 'colorless' combinations of three
      quarks(baryons), quark-antiquark pairs(mesons), and possibly larger
      combinations such as the pentaquark that could also meet the colorless
      condition...

SO pauses for a minute and looks curiously at Sam.

SO: (grinning) So... this stuff...really turns you on?

With a touch of pink on her cheeks and a mischievous grin on her face, Sam nods slightly.

Sam: Oh yeah.
      SO: (smirking) Hmm... I had never realized you were so...
      Sam: (biting her bottom lip) ...so what?
      SO: (waggling eyebrows) ...so freaky.
      Sam: (giggling) Well now you know.
      (big grin) Now read!

Kat
      LOL Bedroom talk ... whatever turns you on! So, Jack must have been wrong on the elevator when he was glad to see her happy about something other than quarks!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Quick Sam pull out the BIG Gun MB is loosing it tonight!

MB but I can't stay tonight - just stopped read a PM and read todays posts - taking my band to Great America at 5:00AM in the morning - 2 more weeks of school (3 concerts) then it's 7 weeks off - Well that is no regular classes to teach, just a summer project of a major curriculum rewrite for the Fine Arts & Technology deapartments in the district.
        Good luck with the gig! You and MajorSam are really keeping busy with your performing arts!

Comment

I had originally came up with this caption with Pete in mind seeing as he is really the only person we have seen Sam in a relationship with, but I didn't want to offend anyone so as you read this caption... just add whomever you so desire to see Sam with as a SO(Significant Other).

After reading a few posts yesterday, I started thinking about Sam and what kind of things would turn her on. I just don't see her as your normal flowers and romance novels kind of girl. I see her as a little freaky.

Warning: If you are offended by sexual situations, kinky forplay and/or quarks please do not read the following captions.

SO: Have I told you lately how weird this is?
          Sam: Yes, regularly. Just read it...will you?
          SO: Ok...but I get to have my way with you afterwards. Right?
          Sam: Yes. Now will you just shut up and read.

SO: Each of the six 'flavors' of quarks can have three different 'colors'.
          The quark forces are attractive only in 'colorless' combinations of three
          quarks(baryons), quark-antiquark pairs(mesons), and possibly larger
          combinations such as the pentaquark that could also meet the colorless
          condition...

SO pauses for a minute and looks curiously at Sam.

SO: (grinning) So... this stuff...really turns you on?

With a touch of pink on her cheeks and a mischievous grin on her face, Sam nods slightly.

Sam: Oh yeah.
          SO: (smirking) Hmm... I had never realized you were so...
          Sam: (biting her bottom lip) ...so what?
          SO: (waggling eyebrows) ...so freaky.
          Sam: (giggling) Well now you know.
          (big grin) Now read!

Kat
          Cake ... let there be cake ... to Forever Sg1 for Post # 7800 which was quite quarky and quirky!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/JackCake.jpg

And whatever Sam decides to do with the cake ... may have to be noted elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            LOL Bedroom talk ... whatever turns you on! So, Jack must have been wrong on the elevator when he was glad to see her happy about something other than quarks!
            Why do you think Sam became so uncomfortable in the elevator, he had accidently stumbled upon one of her kinky secrets!

Comment

Why do you think Sam became so uncomfortable in the elevator, he had accidently stumbled upon one of her kinky secrets!
              LOL I like that thought!

Comment

Astro mentioned to me that she thought the male leads (MS, CJ, and BB) are being written as "heroic" and that's what I'm probably wanting to see happen to Sam. No matter AT's reduced schedule on the set, I'm just hoping that the writers treat her well and enlarge the image of Carter rather than shrink it. Again, I don't mean necessarily more time onscreen, it's not the quantity that counts here ... it's the quality.

If it is, indeed, her last season, let the gal leave on a positive note and let the boys be boys in future seasons. If the franchise goes on without her, I really won't care at that point ... Sam Carter is the heart of the show; without her, I won't be watching.
                i agree with you. I would love to see another Foothold, or Deadman Switch, or even something like ascension (without the cheesy boyfriend part)

Do i expect sam to be front and center every episode? Nah. That didn't even happen back in s6 when Sam was filling in some of the space left by rda's time off. But a few nice moments would be good. A focus here and there.

I do see what they're doing with cam. they just might have learned from their mistake with jonas. One major complaint about that character is a lack of development. (i don't blame tptb for that one. they had 22 eps to introduce jonas, set up the movie, shut down the show) They might be focusing on Cam because they know that he does have to fill rda's shoes in a way.

daniel and teal'c really don't have that much story going on. the jaffa story is not only one that's not massively popular, but also one that tptb have publically said is hard to write. daniel, all he really has left is the whole ascended bit....and personally, that storyline was old a year ago. it's beyoond reached it's end, imho

Cam is thier one choice left to bring in some fresh blood and new stories and they're going to focus on him.

all we can hope is that we get a few good sam bits and pieces here and there.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                  The marvelous Foothold was on again tonight. Lots of Intrepid Action Hero Sam (plus Michael Shanks doing a dead-on AT impersonation) and Evil Janet. How much better could life get?
                  I'm with ya there--an all around stand out episode. MS did do a great Sam, didn't he?

Comment

Yes, you are probably right. Amanda's life is changing, personally and possibly professionally. The fact that she, herself, has kept a very low profile even after birth of Olivia seems to show this. And I do know that she is loved by the crew and cast members (originals) so it is yet to be seen what her future plans will hold beyond S9. If she manages to juggle it all, Coley suggested that she may find it good to have a gig in her hometown and won't have to travel about, staying close to hearth and home and Olivia. So, perhaps, she will be staying on. All pure conjecture ...

I will be watching and supporting whatever AT chooses to do afterwards, and, of course, there may be a hiatus while family comes first. Either way - working actor or stay-at-home caretaker, she's going to be a wonderful momma!

You and Skydiver make some good points. I will try to think positive. I'd be fine with her screen time being reduced if the give her something good to do. I don't need her in every scene if all she's doing is sitting at the briefing table or saying yes, sir. I watched "Full Alert" last pm. Hadn't noticed until then that AT's big scene in the 2nd half of the show was *faxing* files. yeah, we really need the top theoretical astrophysicist in the world to handle the faxing duties.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      I watched "Full Alert" last pm. Hadn't noticed until then that AT's big scene in the 2nd half of the show was *faxing* files. yeah, we really need the top theoretical astrophysicist in the world to handle the faxing duties.
                      aah yes, but now we have canon proof that sam does knwo how to run a fax machine. there's a lot of smart folks around that lack even that basic knowledge

just goes to show that, not only does she have a handle on the esoteric stuff of stars and suns, but she also has plenty of common, basic knowledge too
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        aah yes, but now we have canon proof that sam does knwo how to run a fax machine. there's a lot of smart folks around that lack even that basic knowledge

just goes to show that, not only does she have a handle on the esoteric stuff of stars and suns, but she also has plenty of common, basic knowledge too
                        Sky, better not say that on another thread, I won't name (I call it the Sam basher thread ). I also thought that was pretty funny that her "big" job was to fax papers.....but at least, she can. I know alot of people that still can't turn on a pc.

IMO, Sam can do it all, she has intelligence, looks, leadship ability and common sense. I really hope this isn't her last season, but if it is, then I doubt there will be a season 10. At least, not for me. I love the show, but too many changes in the main cast of any show, usually spells it's demise. Well, we've been able to enjoy her character grow and develop over 8 years. If she decides to leave, that is her decision. She has a family now, and perhaps she would like to try something different.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Anyone with any ideas for a caption?????

On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I'm with ya there--an all around stand out episode. MS did do a great Sam, didn't he?
                            I also thought MS did a wonderful job playing Sam. I loved the scene where he runs into Jack and calls him 'Colonel and sir'. His facial expressions and inflections were right on.

I think the writers of this episode did a great job of utilizing the entire team quite nicely, and we got to see Sam save the day. What more could you ask for??

Kat

Comment

Guess The Episode or Add A Caption:
                              I don't believe it - 1speed's acquired a communication device of his own!!! We'll never get rid of him now...

Comment

In end-of-S7, Lost City, when Sam goes to visit Jack and it becomes very awkward very fast for both of them ... And I think then Jack indirectly hints at her staying because of the beer
                                That's a very nice scene, not least because of Jack going out of his way to be considerate, trying to make Carter at ease by insisting that she drink her beer & then stick around for an hour after finishing it. (It's more affecting because it's kindness disguised as gruffness.) Then Daniel & Teal'c show up. Darn.
                                One scene I don't is that mumbo-jumbo Carter spouts near the end of Singularity about how she wasn't really in any danger b/c she knew the bomb wouldn't go off, etc. It retroactively diminishes a very powerful scene of Carter choosing near-certain death rather than betray Cassandra. Given the intense scene in the elevator—one of the first times we really got to see AT roll out the heavy emotional artillery—I take the interpretation that Carter was just B.S.-ing O'Neill with those bland assurances that she was never in any danger. Otherwise it really shivs the emotional arc of the episode.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X