Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    (sam thinking): "Damn, did I turn off the iron before I left this morning?... Well, if not, I can always build another one."
    (teal'c thinking): "I hope I remembered to set the timer to record Xena: Warrior Princess."
    I was thinking something along the same lines, Major, but your version is better. Carter does absent-minded, doesn't she?
    As for the "augmented beasts" (an inspired Freudian slip), they indeed look like they ought to be in Andromeda, whose sinister influence creeps ever closer to SG-1. You have to hand it to TPTB: with one hand they appeal to the highbrow Farscape fandom by bringing Browder & Black on board; with they other they pander to their idea of 18-year-old males by ramping up the Babes 'n' Booty Factor. According to GateWorld's (non-scientific) poll, the 18-26 age group of men already represents a plurality of the SG-1 viewership. So, if they're already watching the show, which is admirably free of T&A, what makes TPTB think they have to sex up the program to pull them in? A repeat of the Tok'ra Barbie misadventure seems almost inevitable.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I've seen Foothold about 3 times in the past month and a half...one of my absolute fav Sam eps...
      The only thing missing is the incredible audio commentary on the DVD...
      Funny you should mention that, Über, since I spent part of the episode thinking about how a commentary track should be done, what should be asked, etc. Since I make my living asking nosey questions, of course they should hire me to moderate ...
      ... save that I would become hopelessly tongue-tied (if not downright insensate) in the presence of the vision of talent & loveliness that is AT.

As for Evil Janet, she can experiment on me anytime she likes.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

So many tasty trailers...... thanks AD.. you rock!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Haha I just watched the E3 trailer for the Stargate game (there's links to it in this thread) and omg... Can't wait for it!!!!

Also, there's a bit of Sam whumping in the trailer too... Like being tossed out of the breifing room window, down into the gateroom!
        sigpic

Comment

if i rememer right, in foothold, teryl was doing the evil so incredibly well that they asked her to knock it back a couple of notches....she was scaring them

LOL

i love foothold. not only is sam in charge and saving the world, but she's doing it in a massively ordinary way. not much babble, just knowing when to go and get help

this episode also took harry out of the massively cliched bad guy catagory and put him into the 'mmhnm, can you trust him or not' catagory
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

... i love foothold. not only is sam in charge and saving the world, but she's doing it in a massively ordinary way. not much babble, just knowing when to go and get help

this episode also took harry out of the massively cliched bad guy catagory and put him into the 'mmhnm, can you trust him or not' catagory
            Yes, I was just writing to Astro about this ... in Foothold, Sam Carter is vintage Sam - soldier, taking charge, and not afraid to make a decision and stick by it. She is still wary on the plane and as soon as Jack "turns" alien, she grabs Maybourne's gun and confronts him. And she quickly dispatches the enemy without further ado! That's what I mean by taking charge. And that's what we all want so much to see more of ... once Carter returns for S9. Less looks of angst and uncertainty and more "I can do it and do it well!" Will we get it? Dubious at best ...

I think TPTB are taking great pains to install Mitchell as the new heir to Jack's throne ... he pulls out the sword and, in a later episode, does battle with the Sodan warrior (who, I just read, will be a recurring character). How great it would have been if the writers let the Sodan warrior encounter Carter instead. Fans loved Sam doing the hand-to-hand combat at the end of Emancipation and we haven't quite seen anything like it since.

Look at what this twist would have done: Carter and SG1 off world fighting for their lives; Carter battles the Sodan warrior, she gets seriously injured but gains the warrior's respect and he becomes her mentor. The whole male-female respect/mentoring thing would be an intriguing arc. Rather than the continuously repeated archetype of the "young male hero and the wise old man", we'd have the "young female hero and her mentor". That, IMO, would have been fun to watch and explore.

Unfortunately, the writers want to crown the new king and seem to have forgotten all about our Queen of Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Well super! Someone else is here to join me in my multiple personality shaped delusions!

Do not forget, Royal Photographer, that we now have a resident psychiatrist in place!

Comment

The Jester has just found some hidden clips of a conversation between RDA and AT when she told him she was having a baby! The ever helpful Rick managed to give her some good advice ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ckSamBaby1.jpg

"Gosh, Amanda, that's terrific news. Having a baby is a piece of cake!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ckSamBaby2.jpg

"Nothin' to it ... babies expand when they hit the air ... ya just gotta remember to breathe."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ckSamBaby3.jpg

"Say what?!!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ckSamBaby4.jpg

I think I'm gonna be sick.
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 May 2005, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Okay, let's try a new one ... guess the episode!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/SamWorry.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Okay, let's try a new one ... guess the episode!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/SamWorry.jpg
                    Spoiler:
                    The Cure

Comment

Guess The Episode or Add A Caption:

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Guess The Episode or Add A Caption:
                        Spoiler:

crystal skull

Caption:
                        Dang, i hope no one can smell the vodka in this glass.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Unfortunately, the writers want to crown the new king and seem to have forgotten all about our Queen of Samanda.

they may have a very valid reason for doing this. I have no doubt that amanda is doing her best to balance baby and job, and i think i'm fairly confident in saying, if push came to shove, she'd leave the show to take care of olivia (or should she decide to try for another one) and as much as i'd miss sam, i support that 100000%.

tptb putting mitchell forth, i think, is less a demotion of sam and more an acknowledgement that amanda has more important things in her life right now than the show.

I do think that they're doing it to support amanda. Doesn't mean that it doesn't bite and doesn't mean that it's not a lost/wasted opportunity, but i do think that's the reason

sigpic

Comment

I had originally came up with this caption with Pete in mind seeing as he is really the only person we have seen Sam in a relationship with, but I didn't want to offend anyone so as you read this caption... just add whomever you so desire to see Sam with as a SO(Significant Other).

After reading a few posts yesterday, I started thinking about Sam and what kind of things would turn her on. I just don't see her as your normal flowers and romance novels kind of girl. I see her as a little freaky.

Warning: If you are offended by sexual situations, kinky forplay and/or quarks please do not read the following captions.

SO: Have I told you lately how weird this is?
                            Sam: Yes, regularly. Just read it...will you?
                            SO: Ok...but I get to have my way with you afterwards. Right?
                            Sam: Yes. Now will you just shut up and read.

SO: Each of the six 'flavors' of quarks can have three different 'colors'.
                            The quark forces are attractive only in 'colorless' combinations of three
                            quarks(baryons), quark-antiquark pairs(mesons), and possibly larger
                            combinations such as the pentaquark that could also meet the colorless
                            condition...

SO pauses for a minute and looks curiously at Sam.

SO: (grinning) So... this stuff...really turns you on?

With a touch of pink on her cheeks and a mischievous grin on her face, Sam nods slightly.

Sam: Oh yeah.
                            SO: (smirking) Hmm... I had never realized you were so...
                            Sam: (biting her bottom lip) ...so what?
                            SO: (waggling eyebrows) ...so freaky.
                            Sam: (giggling) Well now you know.
                            (big grin) Now read!

Kat

Comment

Spoiler:

crystal skull

Caption:
                              Dang, i hope no one can smell the vodka in this glass.
                              ROFL, I was thinking the same thing when I saw this photo!!

Comment

they may have a very valid reason for doing this. I have no doubt that amanda is doing her best to balance baby and job, and i think i'm fairly confident in saying, if push came to shove, she'd leave the show to take care of olivia (or should she decide to try for another one) and as much as i'd miss sam, i support that 100000%.

tptb putting mitchell forth, i think, is less a demotion of sam and more an acknowledgement that amanda has more important things in her life right now than the show.

I do think that they're doing it to support amanda. Doesn't mean that it doesn't bite and doesn't mean that it's not a lost/wasted opportunity, but i do think that's the reason
                                Yeah, I totally agree with Sky 100%. The more I think about the situation, the more it looks as if they are trying to give AT an easy way out should things get too hectic for her with the new baby. As much as I will miss having Sam at the forefront, if this is the case, then I completely understand what they are doing.

Hopefully once AT has some free time for a interview and we get her take on all these new changes with the show and being a new mom, things won't seem so bad anymore. I suppose part of my anxiety has been caused by worry that AT/Sam are being punished somewhat due to AT's new mommy status rather than seeing it as the producers just trying to make things easier for AT. It's that whole half glass thing again... postive thoughts... must think positive thoughts.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X