Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I totally understand what Sally and Uber are saying. It's very hard to describe how Amanda makes me feel. I've been a fan of Stargate for eight years now ( I met my husband during the first season and we have been happily married for five years now). In all my life I have never had any sexual feelings for another women, but I've also never felt this deep of admiration for any other person before either. I've been a fan of RDA's since I was in grade school watching General Hospital and I've continued to swoon over him all through my adult life. So when the show first started I was definitely a Jack fan; however, as time went on Sam grew on me more and more. I loved her charismatic personality and the way she seemed to just light up a room whenever she entered it.

If I had to place an order on the team members it would have been Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel ( Daniel reminds me too much of a younger brother. I love him dearly but he gets on my nerves at times. But like a RL sibling it really bothers me when I hear other people put him down or any of the other characters as well ). Joking is cool. Playing with captions and what not, but to sit and blame one character for everything that is wrong with another, or an episode is so utterly wrong in my opinion. It's one of the reasons I stopped reading several threads here on GW.

As for Carter, as much as I have always liked Carter, I think I took that next step from blissfully ignorant Stargate fan to fandom the moment I watched my first DVD and saw Amanda goofing around behind the scenes. It was like a 'WOW'... I really REALLY like her.

It's very, very hard to put these types of feelings into words because as Uber has said, there really isn't one to truly depict what I feel. I love my husband deeply... I cherish my children. I know Sam is a fictious character and Amanda is an actress whom I have never met nor will likely meet in my lifetime, but she is everything I wish I could be. Not the actress, but the person. She is brilliant, energetic, witty, charismatic and she genuinely acts as if truly cares for everyone around her. She makes everyone around her feel as if they are the important and gives them what little time she has. She is a beautiful human being with a truly wonderful gift.

When I first started watching the behind-the-scene interviews I started to feel very uncomfortable by it all, because it felt almost like an attraction to this woman. When I watched her smile or laugh, my heart was filled with this feeling of utter joy. It was like a drug. The more I watched and listened, the more I wanted to be around it. I can understand completely why all her co-workers say that she is a joy to be around, because just watching her onscreen for a few minutes brightens my day. The only other person who's been capable of doing this to me is my daughter. She also has large, blue, doe eyes, an infectious smile, and an endearing knack for making everyone around her smile.

So how exactly would I describe my feelings?

Well according to Webster, I think these descriptions best conveyed how I feel about AT/Sam:

1 : to worship or honor as a deity or as divine
    2 : to regard with loving admiration and devotion
    3 : to be extremely fond of

So I would have to say 'I adore her'.
    Wow! I just had to pop in here for a moment and compliment you on this lovely post and to say that you have mirrored my thoughts and feelings as well! And probably everyone else on this thread who holds the same feelings for Amanda and the character she has given us in Sam.

I'm sure your post has been repeated many times before my reply (I'm playing catch up), but it deserves many repeats!

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
      Wow! I just had to pop in here for a moment and compliment you on this lovely post and to say that you have mirrored my thoughts and feelings as well! And probably everyone else on this thread who holds the same feelings for Amanda and the character she has given us in Sam.

I'm sure your post has been repeated many times before my reply (I'm playing catch up), but it deserves many repeats!

Susan
      Sue

You're a fellow Pennsylvanian ... stop lurking and start posting some more ... we always welcome new citizens to Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Wow! Did you see the augmented beasts (can I say that), on them???? Whoa baby, think I'll call the plastic surgeon tomorrow. Want to look that good for the next Con. (Talking about the babes from E3)

ROFL.....right......!!!!!

Well, at least RDA got some good looks at the eye candy.
        Was this a true Freudian slip?! I do think the beasts were definitely prowling around those babes ...

Comment

Today is May 20
          And there will be posts aplenty
          Someone's birthday is due
          But I can't remember who!

So until we know for certain
          Let's at least lift the curtain ...

And begin the celebration
          with Jack's favorite creation ...

Cake ... we must have cake!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...akeCandles.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/JackCake.jpg
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 May 2005, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Spoiler:
            Area 51... so much for her grand adventures with the Asgard... :| And I take it shes not looking after the *whole* of Area 51 (unless shes' suddenly been promoted to a one or two star general! )
            Personal Commitment... JM said that Cassie was being mentioned at the start of Season9. Perhaps Sam is off helping Cassie settle in to Uni life or whatever as well?
            Shippers being dissapointed... Bad luck Uber But good luck me! 'More like seasons one and two' sounds great to me - no more getting bogged down in characters personal lives and more saving the universe!

Thanks for the heads up Sky!
            So, I think Sam looks really foolish after backing out of the engagement to Pete, then what? She's left adrift-Jack's gone. Why couldnt they just have given some kind of closure for the shippers? And why would Jack take over Homeland Security when he only came out of retirement to lead SG1. It just doesn't make sense, talk about a plot hole you could fly a "gateship' through.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              someone posted this on sam and jack...it's the first 'official' spoilers about sam's return.

Spoiler:

In the latest 'Cult Times' Robert Cooper talks about season 9,
              including this about Amanda...
              "She's back with her beautiful baby in tow. Amanda looks amazing and
              everything is going well so far. We are delighted"
              And on Carter's return.. " She walks through the door. I mean that
              quite literally. She doesn't come through a stargate or anything
              dramatic like that. She just walks in the door" "She's been looking
              after Area 51 and she's been looking after a little personal
              commitment" "I have to say that the segment of the fan base known as
              the 'shippers' may be a little disappointed with season 9 because
              there isn't as much of that kind of thing going on. It's more like
              seasons one and two, with big adventures and a lot more story-based
              stuff"

I'm sorry but you have got to be kidding me!

Spoiler:

JM tells us in spoilers that Sam is far, far, away and we find out she's in New Mexico? Please even someone who isn't walking through the Stargate every day wouldn't consider 400-500 miles as far, far away. We're talking about an eight hour drive here, or a two hour flight tops. If Sam really does turn out to have spent the past few months working at Area 51, I'm going to be highly disappointed with the writers creative abilities.

What a pathetic way to waste Sam's abilities. Daniel, Teal'c and Michell are gallavanting around the universe together for nearly two months while Sam declines to join them because she has more important matters to contend with at Area 51? Pu-lease. I can't imagine anything at Area 51 that would be so important at this stage that Sam would give up her position on SG-1 even for a few months.

I can totally understand the shippers are frustrated with what the writers have done. I really could have gone either way with the whole S/J thing; however, I think they totally manipulated the situation and a lot of people's emotions on this one. Everything after Reckoning I & II could have never happened and they would have had a better cross-over to season nine. What angers me the most is now after hearing yet another spoiler I'm asking myself why the hell my favorite recurring character had to die? The entire point for killing off Jacob was a waste in my opinion. They could just have easily ended ties with the Tok'ra simply by having Selmak die and allowing Jacob to live.

Regardless if you are a shipper or not, this is so not looking good for Sam coming back and taking command of SG-1. I'm going to go to my happy place now and try to erase all of these negative vibes from my mind. Hopefully the writers will suprise the hell out of me in a few more months. Until then I think I'm gonna remain spoiler free, because so far what I have seen is much too depressing.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 May 2005, 09:41 AM.

Comment

someone posted this on sam and jack...it's the first 'official' spoilers about sam's return.

Spoiler:

In the latest 'Cult Times' Robert Cooper talks about season 9,
                including this about Amanda...
                "She's back with her beautiful baby in tow. Amanda looks amazing and
                everything is going well so far. We are delighted"
                And on Carter's return.. " She walks through the door. I mean that
                quite literally. She doesn't come through a stargate or anything
                dramatic like that. She just walks in the door" "She's been looking
                after Area 51 and she's been looking after a little personal
                commitment" "I have to say that the segment of the fan base known as
                the 'shippers' may be a little disappointed with season 9 because
                there isn't as much of that kind of thing going on. It's more like
                seasons one and two, with big adventures and a lot more story-based
                stuff"

Thanks for the info, Skydiver!

I liked this about AT:
                Spoiler:
                "She's back with her beautiful baby in tow. Amanda looks amazing and everything is going well so far. We are delighted"

My reaction to RC's news about Sam: How...bo-r-r-ing!

As AgentDark said so well
                Spoiler:
                so much for her grand adventures
                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Spoiler:
                Area 51... so much for her grand adventures with the Asgard... :| And I take it shes not looking after the *whole* of Area 51 (unless shes' suddenly been promoted to a one or two star general! )
                Personal Commitment... JM said that Cassie was being mentioned at the start of Season9.
                But I did like AD's suggestion about Sam and Cassie.

Overall, however, I agree wholeheartedly with Kat:
                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I'm sorry but you have got to be kidding me!
                Spoiler:
                JM tells us in spoilers that Sam is far, far, away and we find out she's in New Mexico? Please even someone who isn't walking through the Stargate every day wouldn't consider 400-500 miles as far, far away. We're talking about an eight hour drive here, or a two hour flight tops. If Sam really does turn out to have spent the past few months working at Area 51, I'm going to be highly disappointed with the writers creative abilities.

What a pathetic way to waste Sam's abilities. Daniel, Teal and Michell are gallavanting around the universe together for nearly two months while Sam declines to join them because she has more important matters to content with at Area 51? Pu-lease.

...Regardless if you are a shipper or not, this is so not looking good for Sam coming back and taking back command of SG-1.
                (now the little fowny face does not adequately express my disappointment, but I'm trying hard to restrain myself from ranting and pulling the thread into the black hole of negativity.) Off to think more about the SaGC Collection... and the wonderful graphics that Samfan, Kat and Uber and others have created... and AgentDark's wonderful drabble... and all of the wonderful fic by Skydiver and Strix and TH and Chopin and Uber and all the other great Sam-fic writers...
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 20 May 2005, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  And begin the celebration
                  with Jack's favorite creation ...

Cake ... we must have cake!

And May 20.... is SamFan!

Happy Birthday Sam Fan!

SaGC Birthday List (compiled by Deepspace)
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 20 May 2005, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Ya know, i've reached a philosophical level about the whole thing

either they've treated sam's return well, or they haven't

regardless, the film is in the can and the eps has been taped and.....wow, 2 months from now we'll get to see what they've done

and if they've done it 'wrong'...dude that's what fic is for.

we've been 'fixing' the show for years, why stop now????
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

regardless, the film is in the can and the eps has been taped and.....wow, 2 months from now we'll get to see what they've done

Amen, sister!

Comment

Wow....

Thank God for you Sky.

I was starting to get a teensie-weensie depressed...not at the Sam/Jack ship news (like I said before, I'm really not expecting a whole heck of a lot in Season 9)...but at the rather anticlimactic return of Sam to the Stargate world... I'm hoping there's a little more to it...

But back to you....

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

The writers will write what they will and we will watch it...and it will be whatever it will be.

If we perceive errors were made in said presentation, we can make up our own versions to suit us!

Thank you!

I wish I could green you...but I think I'll BLUE you instead...

Last edited by Uber; 20 May 2005, 10:11 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey everyone!!!!!! Dropping onto the face of Earth again!!!!

Just saying I still miss you all terribly, and all the millions of posts going on! *sob* I'm happy/sad to report that tonight is my LAST PERFORMANCE of my play!!!! It's been a blast, and we did the undoable (3 months to completely make/create/write a play and put it up in a festival!?!?) Our festival went way better than we could have hoped, and we'll hopefully have a biiig audience tonight! Massive cast party to follow of course, so I doubt i'll be on tomorrow, if you know what I mean. (I wonder how open the cast would be about bringing some blue jello... i'll bet they've never had our special sloe gin )

So... with my play *sniff* over, I MIGHT, and I stress MIGHT be able to get on a bit more. That being said, I do have a LOT of other things I now have to plunge my whole being into... and after that I really have to start writing my own play which I will be directing for a festival next year!!!!

I guess it's time I could explain a bit about the play i'm just finishing... I warn you, it's crazy!

It's called Deus Quies Suus Anima. Yes, that is Latin I'm afraid you're just going to have to come see it if you want to find out what it means!!! It has no talking in it at all, except for the very last scene, which has 4 words. It's a movemental piece, all set to the BRILLIANT music composed by my good friend.

It's about a girl, called Anne. She has an alcoholic mother, a freaky rapist father, and a younger sister who, along with her, get the blunt of all this. She decides to run away and start a new life out in the world, but finds it's not so great as she thought. She's all pushed around and beaten on the streets, but then a guy comes along, Carl. After struggling to get together, they finally do, and get married and life is good! but then Carl starts succumbing to the stresses of his work life, which he puts first, and is going crazy with his wife nagging him about having a child, and work, and all this and that. Then another woman comes along... He's about to give into the temptation, when his moral obligation comes and gives him a beating up. His wife still finds out, and continues to nag and nag and nag.

Finally he snaps, and hits her. She's shocked at first. Then she comes and "snaps off" the strings that work has on him, and starts trying to control him herself. All his rage builds up and up inside him. He snaps and hits her again. She falls to the ground. We see flashbacks, tableaus, of the different stages of her life. When her family was happy. When her mom started drinking, smoking, dad started... being unpleasant, sister trying to shrink away. then it goes back to her, on the ground. She’s dead.

WOOOOH, that sounds fun and happy dun it!?!?

Lol, it really is hard to explain. Remember this is all communicated through movement, so when I say Obligation comes and beats him up, we have a person with a whip called “obligation” come and beat him up! Of course she doesn’t actually WHIP him, just rite out to the side… but yes Then “Temptation” is a woman all sexied up, who is the actual embodiment of temptation, but with another person who is temptation itself, kind of the force behind it… yeah, it’s hard to explain…! When Anna is escaping out her window, the window is made of people! I am very proud to say I am the base of the window (Yes, my big breakout role… I can see it lit up on Broadway! “Come see MajorSam... the amazing WINDOW!) but anyways, there’s about 10-15 people who are just the “forces” who are the chairs and windows and people on the streets and oppressive feelings bearing down on her and such.

As well both Anne and Carl are kind of naïve and innocent, especially Anne in the beginning. She doesn’t really know that her father and mother are all evil because her life has almost always been like that, and she doesn’t know the danger of the streets. Their consciences do, however. They both have “angels” who are with them in every scene, who kind of represent their inner feelings, and the worry and pain and anger are all shown by them. For example, in the tableaus of Anne's life, showing the different stages, and the descent into baaaadness, her angel Deanne, is in a spotlight at the back, and with each new tableau, two more of the 'forces' come and attatch themselves on, burdening her more and more, weighing her down kind of thing.

Yes, it sounds like it’s on crack, but it’s actually really cool! The lighting and music are just CRAZY, and it’s not freaky movement mime people, you can actually tell what the story is. We had to create the entire thing as we went along, meaning music AND movement and costumes and make-up all in about 3 months. Not a smart thing to try if you want to have a relaxed life, but as I’ve said, my director is fantastic.

So… yes, that is kind of my play! Maybe once I get my copy of the tape/DVD, whatever they decide to make, I could put some of it up! Lol. We’ll see.

Anyways, I must be off now!!!!

((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))

MSam

(HAPPY B-DAY SAMFAN)
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

After reading RC's comments about Sam's return, I have GRAVE concerns about the future of SG-1. :-( I'm now officially depressed.

(lies down on her patient's couch)
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMFAN!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lida; 20 May 2005, 10:19 AM.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I found an interview with Amanda from last summer. I found it quite entertaining, so I thought I'd share.

Interview

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X