Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    And what a precious granddaughter you have, Chopingal!!! So cute!

And ForeverSg1, beautiful new banner!
    Thanks

I had originally planned on using this one...

but couldn't decide if I really liked it or not so I went with the window one instead.

Glad I made the right choice.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Okay, this is my very first attempt at this ... stand back, please ... not responsible for exploding monitors or shooting stars ... whatever ... let's see if this works:

Captions anyone?
      Nice! You've got it working, Chopin! Congratulations! And - love that expression on Sam/AT's face!

Introducing Royal Princess Sophia Mary Rose ...
      who has come to visit the Queen and play with Olivia ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...end1204101.jpg
      Also impressed with this pic - she's a real cutie!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        it's interesting (can i even say fun?) to see our fave characters go through physical and emotional turmoil.

there's one specific thing i think would have been interesting for sam to deal with, and that's... what if they'd made sam an alcoholic? i could actually see sam dealing with this particular affliction. with her father being in the military, i'm sure they moved around a lot when she was a child. then her mother passed. her father and brother stopped communicating. those are some big stresses for a kid to deal with. now i'm not saying that those alone would make sam lean towards alcohol, but i could see it starting then. also add in a beautiful young woman, who's also extremely smart. more pressure and stress to fit in. go a few years and i could see sam seriously turning to alcohol as a crutch. then she's in the stargate program, and almost dies on a weekly basis (has died). she's been shot, beaten, stabbed, experimented on, kidnapped, tortured, and more. she's lost ppl close to her. she's lost her best friend. she's lost her father. if they'd made sam an alcoholic, i see LOTS of good reasons for her not only turning to it as a crutch, but falling off that wagon more than once.

i want to quicly say that i'm not meaning to trivialize alcoholism by saying how interesting it would be for sam as a character point. alcoholism has bitten more than one family member of mine through my family tree, so i take this topic very seriously.

sally
        Pre-season 7, I think 'Sam deals with alcoholism' could have had some great storyline potential. But after what they've done to Sam over the past couple of years, if they were to add alcoholism to the mix for Sam now... it would just be a nail in her coffin for most of the fans. Now, they could do something with alcoholism for Daniel or Teal'c or Mitchell - their characters could probably weather that storm if it were written well. And Sam could be the compassionate friend. Teal'c would be a great option... to find out that he's slowly become an alcoholic over the years since he lost his symbiote... very slowly... and even now, most folks wouldn't be able to tell... But- can you imagine the things that he did while in the service of Apophis? And he has to live with those memories!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          And ForeverSg1, beautiful new banner!

I second sg-1fanintn's comment, Kat
          - what a beautiful new Sam banner!

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Thanks

I had originally planned on using this one...

but couldn't decide if I really liked it or not so I went with the window one instead.

Glad I made the right choice.

Kat
          They are both wonderful - and I like the 'Windows to the Soul' one the best too. Very artistic.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Pre-season 7, I think 'Sam deals with alcoholism' could have had some great storyline potential. But after what they've done to Sam over the past couple of years, if they were to add alcoholism to the mix for Sam now... it would just be a nail in her coffin for most of the fans. Now, they could do something with alcoholism for Daniel or Teal'c or Mitchell - their characters could probably weather that storm if it were written well. And Sam could be the compassionate friend. Teal'c would be a great option... to find out that he's slowly become an alcoholic over the years... very slowly... and even now, most folks wouldn't be able to tell... But- can you imagine the things that he did while in the service of Apophis? And he has to live with those memories!
            i was more thinking sam came into the show as an alcoholic. and maybe in 'in the line of duty', perhaps, is when this weakness was shown to the viewers.

what skydiver was saying about sam being too much of a control freak rings true, but that's why i picked her succumbing to this weakness as a teenager. too much stress moving from one state to another, wanting to fit in. too much stress losing her mother. too much stress dealing with her father and brother not talking or liking each other. i could see it just being a way of fitting in/having other kids liking her, then her using it as an escape. but then she grows up, and when she starts using it for recreation and winding down, it slowly becomes a crutch.

i guess i find it interesting that sam seems pretty much in control most of the time, but this could be her 'one' weakness that could end up destroying her career and possibly taking her life.

i should write this! (not really, someone else should )

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is my very first attempt at this ... stand back, please ... not responsible for exploding monitors or shooting stars ... whatever ... let's see if this works:

Captions anyone?
              Congrats ChpinGal!!

Okay - lights the blue touch paper for the Chimera Debate:-

AT Thinking

Right, relax, smile, concentrate on the delivery and try to forget not a single male watching will be looking at your facial expressions!

takes up foetal postion waiting for fallout

Comment

Just a reminder to vote for AT for Best Actress at the Syfy Portal.

www.syfyportal.com

AT is up for Best Actress.

And don't forget that you can vote once a day!
                Send in those votes for AT!

Comment

I'm afraid I've failed to catch up on the posts, though from a quick skim there is lots of interesting stuff being posted.

Happy belated birthday to everyone I've missed!

Have a great trip Strix

I take this opportunity to say that sadly I look nothing like AT - I only wish I was 10% as beautiful - certainly a trick of the camera

Thanks astro for all the compilation work

Forever as always is still excelling at photomanip!!

Hope to catch up properly soon!

Comment

Astro - gosh it must be late over there!!

Comment

Cheers Astro I've duly voted

Comment

Well Uber and I sat and chatted about my Sam banner and decided it was the photo we didn't like, so after a brief discussion Uber came up with this little number that I think is much better.

Pretty darn good job seeing as she completely remade my banner on her own.

Thanks Uber!
                        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Well Uber and I sat and chatted about my Sam banner and decided it was the photo we didn't like, so after a brief discussion Uber came up with this little number that I think is much better.

Pretty darn good job seeing as she completely remade my banner on her own.

Thanks Uber!
                          Kat
                          Aw, shucks...In the words of Peter DeLuise, I was just paying HOMAGE to your work...

You know, it's a lot more difficult trying to copy something someone else has done than it is to come up with something original...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Okay - lights the blue touch paper for the Chimera Debate:-

Right, relax, smile, concentrate on the delivery and try to forget not a single male watching will be looking at your facial expressions!
                            Er, *raises hand* I will.

*thinks: Unless of course I happen to be watching on my own. Or at least out of arm's reach... *
                            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 19 May 2005, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you, it's my little granddaughter who just discovered the joys of becoming a princess and playing pretend in a magical kingdom! To think that her grandmom is playing pretend in a magical kingdom too!!
                              ChopinGal, at the risk of upsetting probably the entire population of Samanda, I have to admit I usually try to avoid anything which involves children. However, on this occasion I'm prepared to make an exception - what a little sweetie!!!

And congratulations on your new-found whizzy-tech skills - no exploding monitors or shooting stars this side of the magical kingdom (yet).

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                Hey all, take care! I'm off on my trip to Israel, Ireland, and London. Tickets? Check. Passport? Check. Camera? Check. Computer? Check. Stargate DVDs? Check. Okay, I'm all set!

I don't think that fourteen days away will be long enough to get over my Samanda addiction, so you can imagine my daily suffering. If you have it in your hearts, however, you might send good thoughts to Israel for continued peace. I'd really like this to be a nice, boring trip.

Hugs,
                                Strix
                                Happy and Safe Travels, Strix. Hope you enjoy your journey to this side of the Kingdom.

Pity you're not going to Greece, though - it's been a while since I've been able to dust off the old "Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs" joke...

1s4S

Comment

Working...
                                X