Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    my theory on geek sam is that both jacob and her mom were killed, so she grew up in foster care/ward of the state. and instead of blossoming within the rules and regs of the military, she sorta introverted, taking refuge in her books, just like our sam did, but never developed the confidence in herself to stand up for herself

as to her dress style, well i think she was trying to cover up herself, and how she looks. she was trying to minimize her looks as a sort of protection
    Ya sure yabetcha ... and this is your next fanfic, right?!! Hint, hint!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Introducing Royal Princess Sophia Mary Rose ...

who has come to visit the Queen and play with Olivia ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...end1204101.jpg

Awww, she's adorable! Kallesta would love having a new playmate in the royal nursery. I think she's getting a bit impatient waiting to get her first glimpse of Princess Olivia. I keep telling her soon, but she's getting bored playing up here all by herself. You'd think with all the toys we have here, she'd be happy as a lark. Oh well.

Kat

Comment

Ya sure yabetcha ... and this is your next fanfic, right?!! Hint, hint!

it's part of this fic
        http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver11...oshallitbe.htm

which is where i came up with the theory

set s8/post moebius but mostly deals with the AU sam, jack, teal'c and our daniel in ancient egypt

ooh, and it is shippy, so you've been warned
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Awww, she's adorable! Kallesta would love having a new playmate in the royal nursery. I think she's getting a bit impatient waiting to get her first glimpse of Princess Olivia. I keep telling her soon, but she's getting bored playing up here all by herself. You'd think with all the toys we have here, she'd be happy as a lark. Oh well.

Kat
          Thank you, it's my little granddaughter who just discovered the joys of becoming a princess and playing pretend in a magical kingdom! To think that her grandmom is playing pretend in a magical kingdom too!!

Comment

Okay, this is my very first attempt at this ... stand back, please ... not responsible for exploding monitors or shooting stars ... whatever ... let's see if this works:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...irkChimera.jpg

Captions anyone?
            Sam: Move that hand of yours any further to the left and I'll be forced to show you just what advanced level 3 combat training really means.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Sam: Move that hand of yours any further to the left and I'll be forced to show you just what advanced level 3 combat training really means.
              LOL Yes, yes ... you've captured the look completely! Now just who was on the receiving end of that line?

Comment

Okay, this is my very first attempt at this ... stand back, please ... not responsible for exploding monitors or shooting stars ... whatever ... let's see if this works:

Captions anyone?
                Jack (or partner of your choice) shut up and take me to bed

sigpic

Comment

Hey all, take care! I'm off on my trip to Israel, Ireland, and London. Tickets? Check. Passport? Check. Camera? Check. Computer? Check. Stargate DVDs? Check. Okay, I'm all set!

I don't think that fourteen days away will be long enough to get over my Samanda addiction, so you can imagine my daily suffering. If you have it in your hearts, however, you might send good thoughts to Israel for continued peace. I'd really like this to be a nice, boring trip.

Hugs,
                  Strix

My LJ

Comment

have fun and be safe

ya gotta take notes and tell us all about it when you get back

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

(snip)

The potential for emotional trauma and angst - and the wonderful plotlines that could come out of Sam having a Goa'uld symbiote die in her! We have tramautized, damaged Sam... somewhat enhanced, perhaps by the ability to perhaps work some Goa'uld tech... but it's Sam working through it all.
                      it's interesting (can i even say fun?) to see our fave characters go through physical and emotional turmoil.

there's one specific thing i think would have been interesting for sam to deal with, and that's... what if they'd made sam an alcoholic? i could actually see sam dealing with this particular affliction. with her father being in the military, i'm sure they moved around a lot when she was a child. then her mother passed. her father and brother stopped communicating. those are some big stresses for a kid to deal with. now i'm not saying that those alone would make sam lean towards alcohol, but i could see it starting then. also add in a beautiful young woman, who's also extremely smart. more pressure and stress to fit in. go a few years and i could see sam seriously turning to alcohol as a crutch. then she's in the stargate program, and almost dies on a weekly basis (has died). she's been shot, beaten, stabbed, experimented on, kidnapped, tortured, and more. she's lost ppl close to her. she's lost her best friend. she's lost her father. if they'd made sam an alcoholic, i see LOTS of good reasons for her not only turning to it as a crutch, but falling off that wagon more than once.

i want to quicly say that i'm not meaning to trivialize alcoholism by saying how interesting it would be for sam as a character point. alcoholism has bitten more than one family member of mine through my family tree, so i take this topic very seriously.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Hey all, take care! I'm off on my trip to Israel, Ireland, and London. Tickets? Check. Passport? Check. Camera? Check. Computer? Check. Stargate DVDs? Check. Okay, I'm all set!

I don't think that fourteen days away will be long enough to get over my Samanda addiction, so you can imagine my daily suffering. If you have it in your hearts, however, you might send good thoughts to Israel for continued peace. I'd really like this to be a nice, boring trip.

Hugs,
                        Strix
                        May all your pot holes be filled.
                        May your camel be free of flatulence.
                        And may you have a safe and enjoyable vacation, Strix!!!

Ok, I have no clue about the camel bit, it just sounded funny to me.

Comment

Introducing Royal Princess Sophia Mary Rose ...
                          who has come to visit the Queen and play with Olivia ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...end1204101.jpg
                          And what a precious granddaughter you have, Chopingal!!! So cute!

And ForeverSg1, beautiful new banner!

Comment

Captions anyone?
                            Well, of course I can cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Hugs,
                              Strix
                              Have a great trip! And when you get bored, drop us a line from one of the Internet Cafe places. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

there's one specific thing i think would have been interesting for sam to deal with, and that's... what if they'd made sam an alcoholic? sally
                                probably the main thing that keeps me from seeing sam turning into an alcoholic is that she's SUCH a control freak i just can't see her wanting to get smashed since, when you're drunk, you're out of control

in one way, i can see her falling for the 'i can control it' idea and u nderestimating the pull/lure/trap of alcohol but in another i almost see her doing something dangerous as her dealing mechanism. such as taking her bike out and tearing down a twisty road at a high speed, or skydiving or some other sort of adrenaline inducing activity

that and throwing herself into her work. if she can't control what's happened to her, then dang it she's gonna make the laws of physics do what she WANTS them to do

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X