Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a very, very, tiny voice:
    Earlier on Coley posted a pic of herself. In the past astro, majorsam, sally, denise, and NC have posted pics also. I picked out some of me that I didn't need to call in majorsam's orangerator buddy to fix. However, I'm posting this hoping that only you guys will ever see these, and nobody else on Gateworld, so please, please do not post this anywhere here, ever. I'm purposefully doing this as a link so that the pics don't show up in this post.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/d...=deepspace.jpg

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      Sheesh. What on earth have I done to make everyone suddenly think I’m going away? All I did was say I wouldn’t be going to a post office for a while. I was thinking about going to the library today, which is near a PO, but changed my mind because it’s raining h e a v i l y. I don’t go out that often, is all. So I probably won’t be going near one for a week or so.

I’m pretty sure that anyone should be able to view an MHTML file. I use IE (internet explorer) and they open fine. I could have saved them as HTML files, which is the default for saving webpages, but for each page you save it creates a separate folder for all the images contained on that page. This is a bit messy, but most of all, if you separate the picture file from its partner page, the pics on the page no longer work. However, MHTML’s save as single pages, complete in themselves. Also, unlike HTML files, if you click on the gateworld page numbers at the bottom of each page, then it links directly to the page number you click on, even when you’re offline. This means that you don’t have to open each page individually.
      This sounds great, deepspace! I'd say go ahead and burn a CD and I'll send you my snail mail address in a PM.

Comment

The Kingdom of Samanda?????
        This reminds me of the planet where they found Ernest! And if this was the Kingdom of Samanda, then the Royal Engineers had better get their Royal Construction Crew cracking!... -the ocean is eating away at the bottom of the Royal Castle (that's called Sea Cliff Retreat and/or wave-cut terrace formation... sorry, my inner geologist couldn't resist). Of course if the Kingdom of Samanda is the same place where they found Ernest, then I believe that that cool holographic library of the Ancients/The Four Races is in there - I would love to play with that!

Comment

Earlier on Coley posted a pic of herself. In the past astro, majorsam, sally, denise, and NC have posted pics also. I picked out some of me that I didn't need to call in majorsam's orangerator buddy to fix. However, I'm posting this hoping that only you guys will ever see these, and nobody else on Gateworld, so please, please do not post this anywhere here, ever. I'm purposefully doing this as a link so that the pics don't show up in this post.

Sly way to avoid the orangerator!

Comment

Congratulations on managing to make your photo as vague as TPTB is about Sam in Season 9!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

OK, folks here's the latest updated version of the SaGC Collection for AT

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.pdf

This time, it's a PDF file. Thanks to everyone for the suggestion. I took my Word doc file and used Adobe Acrobat to convert the file to pdf. Now it's only 25% of the size of the Word doc file... and none of the pics appear to have been lost in the uploading process... and I even got the hyperlinks to work (had to go to the Adobe conversion settings). Also cool - if you are in the Table of Contents and you click on a page number, it will jump you directly to that page! (Well, *I* think it's cool! )

So, I'm figuring that AT will ultimately get a printed and bound copy of the collection, the collection on CD, and deepspaces copy of the thread on CD.

For anyone who doesn't know what a PDF file is, it's an Adobe Acrobat file - and you only need Adobe Reader in order to be able to open and view the file. Adobe Reader is a free program - click here if you don't have it and want to download it.

PDF files allow folks to take documents created for printing and convert them for uploading to the web - without losing any formatting or page layouts (which are usually completely screwed up if the document is converted to html). So if you print a PDF file, it should print exactly as the author intended it to look on paper (standard html files rarely look nicely presented when printed).

It's also cool that the PDF file is only 25% of the Word document - because the original Word document was just over 21MB - and my webspace allocation is only 25MB... which meant that as the Collection grew - (and it's now at 25MB), I wasn't going to be able to post the updated versions for folks to view. But now that I can convert it to PDF for everyone to access from the web, the revised PDF file is only a little over 7MB... very cool!

Comment

Dumb question here...but when do we plan to start a Spankin' new thread??? 400 pages? 500???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Dumb question here...but when do we plan to start a Spankin' new thread??? 400 pages? 500???
                  Do we have to? I'd hate to lost all of the wonderful depth that we've created in this thread... all of the wonderful posts that folks have put so much time and effort into. And... I really like the idea of 500 pages and 10,000 posts! Wooeee! Go Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Do we have to? I'd hate to lost all of the wonderful depth that we've created in this thread... all of the wonderful posts that folks have put so much time and effort into. And... I really like the idea of 500 pages and 10,000 posts! Wooeee! Go Sam!
                    Well this thread would just be archived and the Sam numbers would just keep rising (pay attention to the Sam/Jack Shipper Family Thread in its, what 14th incarnation...but the numbers just keep a risin'!)

Comment

the problem with 10.000 posts is, no one wants to read that much into it. Therefore, you sacrifice the potential ability to add new voices to the mass. . .

'Nuff Said
                      efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Wow, the PDF is so much better. There's also the plus that it took 2 seconds instead of 2 hours to load. And I have to say, I love sky's contribution. I am so glad she chose that pic, it has always been my favourite out of her photo wallpapers.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Well this thread would just be archived and the Sam numbers would just keep rising (pay attention to the Sam/Jack Shipper Family Thread in its, what 14th incarnation...but the numbers just keep a risin'!)

Hmmm... I didn't know that you could start a 'new' thread, but continue from the previous thread's post count. I'm still not sure that I get the advantages to it... To be totally honest, I get the biggest kick out of having the Sam Thread on the front page of the forum - and showing such a great post count (and view count) - I think it makes such a great statement about the character Sam Carter, the actress AT and her fans.
                          Originally posted by CaptainE420
                          the problem with 10.000 posts is, no one wants to read that much into it. Therefore, you sacrifice the potential ability to add new voices to the mass. . .

'Nuff Said
                          But folks don't have to go back and read all of the older posts if they don't want to... the previous posts are just there for the ones who want to read them. And... we have a great new 'Index Post' so that newcomers can go directly to some of the larger summary posts - and some of the great posts with pics, screen caps, audio clips, etc. Astrog scratches head... I guess that for my linear, scientific thinking, I like the simplicity of one thread.
                          Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 May 2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

And I updated the Collection one more time before heading to bed this evening...

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.pdf

It now includes UberSG-1Fan's post and pics for "Sam - A Hero For All Seasons" great post, Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Greetings all poping in quickly with this - SyFy Portal has opened up voting for SyFy Genre Awards and AT is nominated for Best Actress so go vote at http://www.syfyportal.com/
                              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Wow, some tough decisions there between BSG and SG-1 But there was no hesitation in my vote for Best Lead Actress! Go vote now!
                              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Thanks, tsaxlady! I just voted.
                              Did you notice you can vote once a day for 30 days?
                              Thanks tsaxlady! I went over immediately and voted for that most important category 'Best Actress'! Interesting to see that RDA is not listed for Best Actor and Michael Shanks is listed under Best Supporting Actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                I've just read a lot of the recent posts here and I'm truly blown away. I always thought the threads here that were "devoted" to a single character were mostly stupid posts about "drooling" and lots of pics, period. Boy, was I wrong!

You people are truly amazing and you really care about each other. I still can't get over it. I've always been a Sam fan, for many reasons, but If you'd let me, I'd love to try to join your thread. I'll just lurk for a bit, until I get my "wings".

Thank you for restoring my faith, in a lot of things.
                                yes, lida, please stay! you'll LOVE it hear. not only is the topic fantastic, so are the posters.

sally

ps - i'm behind, because i've been saving a lot of my stuff to bring over to my NEW COMPUTER! so, i'll be scarce a bit for the next few days. maybe not bad, but not my usual living on this thread.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X